PDA

View Full Version : Media Do Hibs still exist?

The Green Goblin
07-05-2012, 02:05 AM
From far away, I listen to podcasts and follow what's going on in Scottish Football as best I can. Unfortunately, the BBC Sportsound podcast is one of my only ports of call, and I have been listening to most of them recently. But I noticed that Hibs are almost non-existent in terms of the chat and features etc. even allowing for the shenigans at Rangers right now.

You wouldn't know there is one of the biggest cup finals in history coming up involving Hibs and you wouldn't know that Hibs exist...

It doesn't make me angry or anything, I mean, let's face it, it's nothing new, but I do find it bizarre. Am I missing something? (apart from any mentions of Hibs that is)

JohnStephens91
07-05-2012, 02:10 AM
From far away, I listen to podcasts and follow what's going on in Scottish Football as best I can. Unfortunately, the BBC Sportsound podcast is one of my only ports of call, and I have been listening to most of them recently. But I noticed that Hibs are almost non-existent in terms of the chat and features etc. even allowing for the shenigans at Rangers right now.

You wouldn't know there is one of the biggest cup finals in history coming up involving Hibs and you wouldn't know that Hibs exist...

It doesn't make me angry or anything, I mean, let's face it, it's nothing new, but I do find it bizarre. Am I missing something? (apart from any mentions of Hibs that is)

The BBC and Sky are awful for any football coverage outwith the Old Firm, I'd read the Edinburgh Evening News and the Scotsman websites as they have loads on Hibs.

DAVE1875
07-05-2012, 02:45 AM

Hibs disbanded last year and re-formed under the name Rod Petrie FC

Saorsa
07-05-2012, 07:37 AM

It doesn't make me angry or anything, I mean, let's face it, it's nothing new, but I do find it bizarre. Am I missing something? (apart from any mentions of Hibs that is)If you want tae hear anything good or interesting about Hibs I wouldnae bother with BBC Scotland :bitchy:

camhibby1
07-05-2012, 09:15 AM
If you want tae hear anything good or interesting about Hibs I wouldnae bother with BBC Scotland :bitchy:

True - Richard Gordon et al are awful towards Hibs - partly due to the West coast bias - partly due to the fact our Chairman refuses to kow tow to the 'so called media' plus the fact we are in Edinburgh. No time for any of them and read my news of Hibs via the Website.

BEEJ
07-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Fear not!

If we lose tonight, Hibs will be right back at the top of the BBC Sportsound agenda. They'll hardly be able to contain themselves at the thrill of our possible relegation from the SPL. :wink:

The Green Goblin
07-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Fear not!

If we lose tonight, Hibs will be right back at the top of the BBC Sportsound agenda. They'll hardly be able to contain themselves at the thrill of our possible relegation from the SPL. :wink:

True enough. I also go to the club website- i just like the debate about things as much as anything.

Hmmm.....maybe i'll start a hibs podcast

Moody Mulder
07-05-2012, 10:38 AM
If you want tae hear anything good or interesting about Hibs I wouldnae bother with BBC Scotland :bitchy:

FYI Its BBC Glasgow

Saorsa
07-05-2012, 10:41 AM
FYI Its BBC GlasgowIn all but name, I agree :agree: