PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty Scheme

muzzhfc
06-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Im sure I read somewhere that we are going to bring in a loyalty scheme like the yams. Anyone idea how they allocate the points? i.e more for big games etc? surely it makes sense to have the big games have LOWER loyalty points because most people make more of an effort to go along to them, where as the smaller games we dont get bigger crowds. If there was more points for smaller games it would surely entice the fans along to those games??

SouthEnglandHib
06-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Not sure how it works in the SPL but my mates a Season ticket holder and away member of Spurs (god help him), but what they do is,
The worse game is more points.
So for Hibs may be, Inverness away would be 5 points, where as Hearts, Celtic and Rangers would only be 1.
But when it picks up, you may need like 200 points to get a ticket for Hearts, where as for Inverness you may only need 50 loyalty points.
Make sense?

Frazerbob
06-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Not sure how it works in the SPL but my mates a Season ticket holder and away member of Spurs (god help him), but what they do is,
The worse game is more points.
So for Hibs may be, Inverness away would be 5 points, where as Hearts, Celtic and Rangers would only be 1.
But when it picks up, you may need like 200 points to get a ticket for Hearts, where as for Inverness you may only need 50 loyalty points.
Make sense?

Why would you need loyalty points to get a ticket for Inverness? In fact, currently we don't sell out any away end. Unless there is a major upturn in fortunes, we would only need a loyalty scheme if we get to another cup final or draw a big team in Europe.

millarco
06-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Why would you need loyalty points to get a ticket for Inverness? In fact, currently we don't sell out any away end. Unless there is a major upturn in fortunes, we would only need a loyalty scheme if we get to another cup final or draw a big team in Europe.

From the club's point of view it would help them gauge who was going to the games and who wasn't by incentivising buying in advance/through the membership card. Assuming they could offer promotions like money off vouchers or a free match at a certain level of points. Better for planning on the day and better for target marketing. One problem would be that most away games are PATG, so difficult to keep track of that.

Plus it would add a new dimension to the uberfan debate...

Lungo--Drom
06-05-2012, 01:44 PM
I am on the management committee of a (non-football) society and we are just discussing at this very moment the possibility of bringing in a loyalty scheme where regular contributors even of a low amount will in the end get more points than someone who jumps on board near the end waving a big cheque in the air. I think if properly thought out in the first place, properly managed and properly promoted a loyalty scheme would benefit Hibs in a big way. It would also even out the playing field for some of the support base, as per my example above. So if you make the long walk in the pishing rain from Perth railway station to watch an away match against St. Johnstone, like a previous poster said, that might earn you say 5 points but if you turn up at ER for a derby match or something like that then you might only earn 1 point. I am sure that Rodders will be able to fire up Excel on his home PC and using the attendance data for past matches, work out a suitable points allocation for the different types of match.

P.S. Should get an extra point for going to Killie as it always seems to be bloody freezing there :D

Frazerbob
06-05-2012, 01:45 PM
From the club's point of view it would help them gauge who was going to the games and who wasn't by incentivising buying in advance/through the membership card. Assuming they could offer promotions like money off vouchers or a free match at a certain level of points. Better for planning on the day and better for target marketing. One problem would be that most away games are PATG, so difficult to keep track of that.

I agree, The club need it more than the fans in reallity, which is why the Membership was such a great deal. The more fans that are members the better for the club in so many ways. It is long over due but I don't think it will really prove beneficial unless of cup finals etc. I also think it will take a while for the punters to change their habbits and buy in advance using their membership rather just pitching up on match day.

Frazerbob
06-05-2012, 01:50 PM
I am on the management committee of a (non-football) society and we are just discussing at this very moment the possibility of bringing in a loyalty scheme where regular contributors even of a low amount will in the end get more points than someone who jumps on board near the end waving a big cheque in the air. I think if properly thought out in the first place, properly managed and properly promoted a loyalty scheme would benefit Hibs in a big way. It would also even out the playing field for some of the support base, as per my example above. So if you make the long walk in the pishing rain from Perth railway station to watch an away match against St. Johnstone, like a previous poster said, that might earn you say 5 points but if you turn up at ER for a derby match or something like that then you might only earn 1 point. I am sure that Rodders will be able to fire up Excel on his home PC and using the attendance data for past matches, work out a suitable points allocation for the different types of match.

P.S. Should get an extra point for going to Killie as it always seems to be bloody freezing there :D

So would receive the same points for a home game as everyone else would get for coming up to Aberdeen! :wink:

millarco
06-05-2012, 02:10 PM
I agree, The club need it more than the fans in reallity, which is why the Membership was such a great deal. The more fans that are members the better for the club in so many ways. It is long over due but I don't think it will really prove beneficial unless of cup finals etc. I also think it will take a while for the punters to change their habbits and buy in advance using their membership rather just pitching up on match day.

Yeah, was pleased when the membership came out and certainly glad I took one now given the cup ticket priority. Still don't really use it to get tickets though (there has been problems whenever I've tried) and think there would need to be some form of incentive, perhaps like the Kilmarnock cup game where there was a cheaper price if you bought in advance (not much but enough to get me to do it in advance).

The club may also be careful in rewarding away match attendence over home matches given they don't receive any of the financial gain coming from increased away attendence. Would be fair if they did give big points to away games but I'd imagine they'd want to have at least as much value in fans going to home matches.

blackpoolhibs
06-05-2012, 02:13 PM

:greengrin :aok:

Bristolhibby
06-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Don't see the point IMO.

Probably about 10 games in 10 years where everybody who wanted one didn't get a ticket. I include UEFA cup games against Dnipro.

J

bruno
06-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Im sure I read somewhere that we are going to bring in a loyalty scheme like the yams. Anyone idea how they allocate the points? i.e more for big games etc? surely it makes sense to have the big games have LOWER loyalty points because most people make more of an effort to go along to them, where as the smaller games we dont get bigger crowds. If there was more points for smaller games it would surely entice the fans along to those games??

The scheme is not perfect but does run along the right lines.

Points are accumulated over a 2 year period
20 points for season ticket
non ST holders 1 point for each home game where you buy a ticket
1 point for using the official bus for away games
points for away have varied 7 points for Euro away ties also for lunchtime kick off versus aberdeen and invernes. 5 for normal kick off games against them
generally 2 points for Eater Road Dunfermline etc
Basically the less attracive the game the moe points awarded
this has become harder to manage with so few away games all ticket but when they were loyalty points were rewarding those that went to all games
you have to make sure when you buy tickets for family etc they all get put on individual account or they do not get rewarded

Spurs away was chaotic as was over 100 points I think thankfully me and son had enough but friend had 90 odd so was case waiting for second batch

Generally it is a good idea managed properly and sholud the unthinkable happen and you win final and qualify for Europe there may be limited tickets available and a loyalty scheme would be ideal.

bob12345
06-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Certainly think it should be introduced. It would help sort out these rare sell out games but as mentioned previously, could be used to offer small rewards to the most loyal. Bring a friend for free, clubshop vouchers, discount on hospitality. Win win?

Scouse Hibee
06-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Many of the jokers who have been moaning the loudest about missing out on tickets would not benefit from a loyalty scheme either.:wink:

.Sean.
06-05-2012, 09:10 PM
The scheme is not perfect but does run along the right lines.

Points are accumulated over a 2 year period
20 points for season ticket
non ST holders 1 point for each home game where you buy a ticket
1 point for using the official bus for away games
points for away have varied 7 points for Euro away ties also for lunchtime kick off versus aberdeen and invernes. 5 for normal kick off games against them
generally 2 points for Eater Road Dunfermline etc
Basically the less attracive the game the moe points awarded
this has become harder to manage with so few away games all ticket but when they were loyalty points were rewarding those that went to all games
you have to make sure when you buy tickets for family etc they all get put on individual account or they do not get rewarded

Spurs away was chaotic as was over 100 points I think thankfully me and son had enough but friend had 90 odd so was case waiting for second batch

Generally it is a good idea managed properly and sholud the unthinkable happen and you win final and qualify for Europe there may be limited tickets available and a loyalty scheme would be ideal.

How do the club tally the points for away games such as Killie, Inverness etc when it's not an all-ticket affair?

lyonhibs
07-05-2012, 12:28 AM
How do the club tally the points for away games such as Killie, Inverness etc when it's not an all-ticket affair?

This is Hearts we're talking about. They'll just make it tp as they go along as per.

spike220
07-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Here is a good loyalty scheme:

The more money you spend, the better the playing squad for next year.

It rewards the loyal fans, and they pay only what they can contribute.

GGTTH