PDA

View Full Version : NHC Messi

thebakerboy
05-05-2012, 08:33 PM
How do you score 72 goals in a season???????????????

hibs0666
05-05-2012, 08:36 PM
How do you score 72 goals in a season???????????????

Be dead good and play in a league where your team gets all of the dough and every other team bar one is a patsy. :wink:

Teo10
05-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Unreal... Ronaldo not getting near the Pacici by the looks of it now!

Sorry all you Ronaldo lovers out there! Cant get near Leo!

thebakerboy
05-05-2012, 08:41 PM
|Yes but they have nobody in the Champions League Final but 2 in the Euro cup final. So where does that leave the SPL.

Mon Dieu4
05-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Be dead good and play in a league where your team gets all of the dough and every other team bar one is a patsy. :wink:

Barca may well get all the dough but 85% of their players still came through the ranks which even for a club their size is frightening

essexhibee
05-05-2012, 08:47 PM
That's insane.

hibs0666
05-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Barca may well get all the dough but 85% of their players still came through the ranks which even for a club their size is frightening

That's great, but their wage bill is still higher than even Man City and the club carries a debt of around EUR500 million -simply insane.

The Spanish League is even worse than ours in terms of skew - it's the footballing equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters.

Thecat23
05-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Sorry but when I was 9 and in P6 at school, I scored over 400 goals at least in a year and we only got 35 mins playtime. Plus the keeper was super fat and made the goals smaller!! #imbetterthanmessi. :D

hibsbollah
05-05-2012, 09:11 PM

A bit harsh on La liga. All the big leagues are seeing a handful, usually two, teams, that have the €, pulling away from the rest. England Scotland Germany Holland Spain Italy (serie a probably the best example this season, two horse race). Only Borussia Monchengladbach in germany and montpellier in France are challenging the superrich anywhere.

hibs0666
05-05-2012, 09:38 PM
A bit harsh on La liga. All the big leagues are seeing a handful, usually two, teams, that have the €, pulling away from the rest. England Scotland Germany Holland Spain Italy (serie a probably the best example this season, two horse race). Only Borussia Monchengladbach in germany and montpellier in France are challenging the superrich anywhere.

Not so sure about that. For example, there have been four different league winners in both France and Germany in the last five years.

In Spain the terrible twins have won the last 8 titles and 12 out of the last 15, and Valencia in third sit a humungous 29 points behind Barcelona in second. La Liga is a pish competition.

Jonnyboy
05-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Not so sure about that. For example, there have been four different league winners in both France and Germany in the last five years.

In Spain the terrible twins have won the last 8 titles and 12 out of the last 15, and Valencia in third sit a humungous 29 points behind Barcelona in second. La Liga is a pish competition.

Fair point given the points differential J, BUT it doesn't stop me being mesmerised and entertained by the footballing genius that is Messi

hibs0666
05-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Fair point given the points differential J, BUT it doesn't stop me being mesmerised and entertained by the footballing genius that is Messi

He's not too shabby right enough. :wink:

Hibercelona
05-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Were 36 of those from the penalty spot?

He'd never score that many in the EPL.

Jonnyboy
05-05-2012, 10:05 PM

No, because he'd be getting kicked up in the air every five minutes :greengrin

JohnStephens91
06-05-2012, 02:11 AM
In Spain you get more time on the ball before being closed down as opposed to in the EPL where you don't get as much time. I reckon this is a factor as Messi would struggle to score when he has less time to control the ball and start his run. It shows when his scoring record against English clubs is relatively poor. Don't get me wrong, he is a fantastic player and would do well in England, but he won't ever score 72 goals in a season if he does join the EPL.

bobbyhibs1983
06-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Is he hibs class though?:confused:

Great wee player i think but i think its down to his teammates as well helping too.Im sure if you asked messi he d praise his teamtaes for the hardwork they do .

twiceinathens
06-05-2012, 09:11 AM
If La Liga is so poor why is the other Euro final being contested by two Spanish teams with a third eliminated in the semi final. Have you watched Athetic Bilbao in this competition - easy draw of meeting top English Premier league teams.

Teo10
06-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Is he hibs class though?:confused:

Great wee player i think but i think its down to his teammates as well helping too.Im sure if you asked messi he d praise his teamtaes for the hardwork they do .

He has done, the past 3 Balon D'or he was won he has said he wouldn't have it if it wasn't for his team-mates

Speedy
06-05-2012, 10:01 AM

Do you not get penalties in the Premier League? :greengrin