PDA

View Full Version : Giant Hearts Banner

MontrealHibs
05-05-2012, 08:32 AM
I hear hearts fans raised £7500 for a new flag on kickback... Has all the legends on it, might have been better for them to keep it to pay the wages this month :greengrin

Www1875hfc
05-05-2012, 08:35 AM

bingo70
05-05-2012, 08:36 AM
I hear hearts fans raised £7500 for a new flag on kickback... Has all the legends on it, might have been better for them to keep it to pay the wages this month :greengrin

Hope it wasn't raised on JKB, have they not got a history of choring any money raised by fans donations?

Something about a plasma tv and dodgy treasurer springs to mind but can't mind the details

Judas Iscariot
05-05-2012, 08:37 AM
All the legends?

Graham Rix? Craig Thomson? Ian Freeman? John Wilson? George Foulkes?

Barney McGrew
05-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Hope it wasn't raised on JKB, have they not got a history of choring any money raised by fans donations?

Something about a plasma tv and dodgy treasurer springs to mind but can't mind the details

They definitely shouldn't let John Borthwick look after it.

Hibernia Na Eir
05-05-2012, 08:39 AM
All the legends?

Graham Rix? Craig Thomson? Ian Freeman? John Wilson? George Foulkes?

Hahaha, aye its certainly a club with "leg-ends"!!

how about the team from '73? they certainly were legends....

Albanian Hibs
05-05-2012, 08:57 AM

:faf:

Www1875hfc
05-05-2012, 10:19 AM

Pinched this one.

Gid Eh ? :greengrin

--------
05-05-2012, 10:28 AM

If that's Dave Mackay on the left with the Cup, the wording's well out of line. Anyone who saw him play or has heard him speak knows that Dave Mackay wasn't, isn't, and never will be 's***e'.

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-05-2012, 11:08 AM

:top marks

:thumbsup:

Cabbage East
05-05-2012, 11:18 AM
if that's dave mackay on the left with the cup, the wording's well out of line. Anyone who saw him play or has heard him speak knows that dave mackay wasn't, isn't, and never will be 's***e'.

fun police

--------
05-05-2012, 11:27 AM
fun police

No. That's the sort of stuff I'd expect on KB. That's all.

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2012, 11:51 AM
For £7500 they could've paid all of their "legends" to turn up not just draw them on a flag.

Chuck Rhoades
05-05-2012, 12:00 PM
For £7500 they could've paid all of their "legends" to turn up not just draw them on a flag.

They will have something big planned. No doubt something aimed at us since their obsessed. Wouldn't be surprised if they done a 1902 card display or something along those lines.

Should be fun on Friday 18th when the 40 of us are setting up the display, got 8 boys over from Sweden who support GAIS to help us out to. Not leaving the ground until every last Yam has left.

Talks of dozens of smokebombs, streamers, flags, cards, big surfer. Hopefully they go with the smokes, would see a good number lifted and not getting to see the final. Police dogs now trained to sniff out smokebombs... were used at Motherwell V Celtic recently.

All that matters is that ours is planned, bought and paid for. Every Hibby will be involved. And it supports HIBS and has no reference to that shower of sh*te.

We are the Hibs.

--------
05-05-2012, 12:03 PM
They will have something big planned. No doubt something aimed at us since their obsessed. Wouldn't be surprised if they done a 1902 card display or something along those lines.

Should be fun on Friday 18th when the 40 of us are setting up the display, got 8 boys over from Sweden who support GAIS to help us out to. Not leaving the ground until every last Yam has left.

Talks of dozens of smokebombs, streamers, flags, cards, big surfer. Hopefully they go with the smokes, would see a good number lifted and not getting to see the final. Police dogs now trained to sniff out smokebombs... were used at Motherwell V Celtic recently.

All that matters is that ours is planned, bought and paid for. Every Hibby will be involved. And it supports HIBS and has no reference to that shower of sh*te.

We are the Hibs.

As it should be.

No need at all to descend to their level.

frazeHFC
05-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Creaming themselves over a banner? Miles behind the Hibees in class!

Holmesdale Hibs
05-05-2012, 12:07 PM
When the PBS is demolished in a few years time and turned in to the new Georgie Tesco, maybe they could put it above door as a memento, it'd hardly be worthy of a place in a museum.

SloopJB
05-05-2012, 12:09 PM
As it should be.

No need at all to descend to their level.

:not worth

The football is almost becoming a sideshow to main event

--------
05-05-2012, 12:45 PM
:not worth

The football is almost becoming a sideshow to main event

What REALLY annoys me about that caption is the missed apostrophe - it should be "moron's" not "morons".

But I saw Mackay play for a number of clubs, and he was a player and a man I would have loved to see play for Hibs. He was genuinely a very hard man on the pitch, but I wouldn't have said he was dirty. Not like Norman Hunter or Ron Harris or even Billy Bremner.

My favourite football photograph -

http://www.donny.co.uk/Doncaster/ecards/images/Doncaster Rovers/68.jpg

Mackay was just a couple of games back after a very bad and potentially career-ending leg-break. Bremner went in to tackle, saw that Mackay's weight was on the leg that had just healed, and went over the ball directly aiming for that leg. I have no doubt having seen the incident that he was intending serioius damage to Mackay - Mackay was the Scotland right-half, and Bremner wanted his place in the team. Mackay saw what was about to happen and got his foot off the ground just in time.

I believe that the referee's concern was to get there before Mackay hit Bremner - he didn't want to send Mackay off when Bremner was the bad guy.

You will notice a hugely overweight Venables in no hurry at all to stop his team-mate from putting BB's lights out. :devil:

Mackay later toned down his account of the incident, but at the time he was in no doubt at all - Bremner was fully intending to break his leg.

Greentinted
05-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Their size fixation is beyond rationality. Maybe they need a few sessions with Jeremy Kyle and his aftercare team.

Hibrandenburg
05-05-2012, 03:11 PM

Pinched this one.

Gid Eh ? :greengrin

That is a work of beauty and I want it framed on my wall.

R'Albin
05-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Their size fixation is beyond rationality. Maybe they need a few sessions with Jeremy Kyle and his aftercare team.

Yep. Not bothered about the size of ours as long as it's clearly visible during our cup celebrations :aok:

Dashing Bob S
05-05-2012, 03:51 PM
One question: can it really be said to be a proper Hearts banner if it doesn't have WE ARE A BUNCH OF SMELLY TRAMPY FANNIES emblazoned on it? I'm only trying to be helpful as I don't want my Yams friends to make any more fools of themselves than is absolutely necessary.

heretoday
05-05-2012, 04:01 PM
"Blood doesn't show.....etc etc "

That's the sort of thing I'd expect to see at Parkhead.

heretoday
05-05-2012, 04:06 PM
What REALLY annoys me about that caption is the missed apostrophe - it should be "moron's" not "morons".

But I saw Mackay play for a number of clubs, and he was a player and a man I would have loved to see play for Hibs. He was genuinely a very hard man on the pitch, but I wouldn't have said he was dirty. Not like Norman Hunter or Ron Harris or even Billy Bremner.

Mackay was just a couple of games back after a very bad and potentially career-ending leg-break. Bremner went in to tackle, saw that Mackay's weight was on the leg that had just healed, and went over the ball directly aiming for that leg. I have no doubt having seen the incident that he was intending serioius damage to Mackay - Mackay was the Scotland right-half, and Bremner wanted his place in the team. Mackay saw what was about to happen and got his foot off the ground just in time.

I believe that the referee's concern was to get there before Mackay hit Bremner - he didn't want to send Mackay off when Bremner was the bad guy.

You will notice a hugely overweight Venables in no hurry at all to stop his team-mate from putting BB's lights out. :devil:

Mackay later toned down his account of the incident, but at the time he was in no doubt at all - Bremner was fully intending to break his leg.

Only saw Mackay once playing for Spurs but watched Bremner several times - notably against our good selves. Wee horror.

bruno
05-05-2012, 04:09 PM
"Blood doesn't show.....etc etc "

That's the sort of thing I'd expect to see at Parkhead.

Why Parkhead

It is not some political or wind up message

It is a statement clearly on show to all players on a sign in the tunnel at Tynecastle before entering the pitch.

It symbolises the spirit of he 56 cup final winning captain who left he field with blood pouring from a head wound against Celtic before returning to the pitch to lead his team to victory.

fit o' the walk
05-05-2012, 04:29 PM

We are the Hibs.Wasn't at the Semi but coming over from Spain for the Final,well done to all for the work you guys done at the Semi.Just wanted to know,might be a daft question,for the Final display and the best effect is it better for us ALL to be standing up rather than some standing and some sitting,i know most will stand up when the team comes out.?

Onceinawhile
05-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Everyone will be standing when the teams come out! Regardless of the display that would happen anyway. Looking forward to seeing the display on the cup final winners DVD the club bring out.

Phil D. Rolls
05-05-2012, 05:42 PM

Good idea, more pressure on their players not to blow the legacy. Is Gary Locke on it?

ekhibee
05-05-2012, 06:21 PM

Watched part of a Football Legends interview with Dave Mackay recently. Fascinating guy in many ways, obviously a Hearts fan but ironically could have signed for Hibs, Hugh Shaw had arranged to meet him for contract talks when the then Hearts manager Tommy Walker got wind of it and signed him. Nowadays a player with the footballing characteristics that Mackay had are all too rare nowadays.

Bostonhibby
05-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Watched part of a Football Legends interview with Dave Mackay recently. Fascinating guy in many ways, obviously a Hearts fan but ironically could have signed for Hibs, Hugh Shaw had arranged to meet him for contract talks when the then Hearts manager Tommy Walker got wind of it and signed him. Nowadays a player with the footballing characteristics that Mackay had are all too rare nowadays.

Tin hat on, but I have always been a Dave Mackay fan, everythng about him was what football's missing now - match him up to is modern day "equivalents" in terms of their positions and leadership roles - the John Terrys of this world for example.