PDA

View Full Version : Who is staying and going in the summer from the current squad...

MontrealHibs
05-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Who will all be here next season?

Stevenson, O'Hanlon, Sproule, Kujabi and Claros, Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Doyle, Osbourne ... Who else has a contract?

bingo70
05-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Who will all be here next season?

Stevenson, Sproule, Kujabi and Claros, Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Osbourne ... Who else has a contract?

Doyle, (i think he'll be a good player for us BTW) Four of the young guys have just been given new deals as well but they're still going to be playing in the new U20 league.

Slightly off topic but i saw on facebook the other day Stack has put together a video of his best bits at hibs, looked to me like it was his video CV (i'm sure there's a better word for it than that) looked like the sort of video that'll probably be getting sent round the clubs by his agent, i'm not expecting him to be here next year.

MontrealHibs
05-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Doyle, (i think he'll be a good player for us BTW) Four of the young guys have just been given new deals as well but they're still going to be playing in the new U20 league.

Slightly off topic but i saw on facebook the other day Stack has put together a video of his best bits at hibs, looked to me like it was his video CV (i'm sure there's a better word for it than that) looked like the sort of video that'll probably be getting sent round the clubs by his agent, i'm not expecting him to be here next year.

I wouldn't expect so either with Stack, great guy but too many injuries. I'd like to see us resign Mark Brown and bring in another keeper to challenge.

Kris1875
05-05-2012, 08:58 AM
I was at the players meal on sunday there and spoke to a few of the players and Stack definitely wants to stay , once we know what league we're in next year is when contracts will be discussed . Lewis's wasn't a new contract he had earned an extra year through playing x amount of games or something .

bingo70
05-05-2012, 09:04 AM
I was at the players meal on sunday there and spoke to a few of the players and Stack definitely wants to stay , once we know what league we're in next year is when contracts will be discussed . Lewis's wasn't a new contract he had earned an extra year through playing x amount of games or something .

I'm sure Stack wants to stay but i don't think he will.

The wages we'll be offering now will be a lot less than when he got his original contract with us so i think he'd likely have to take a big drop in wages so i imagine he'll go back down south.

With whats likely to be a reduced budget i think we'll go back to having one senior keeper and a relative youngster as back up, not the under 19 keeper but certainly not two 30 something keepers like we've got just now.

Kris1875
05-05-2012, 09:14 AM
To be fair I think he knows that but from what I could gather he turned down a lot more to come to us he just wants a longer deal .

JohnStephens91
05-05-2012, 09:26 AM

'Graham Stack is a professional Goalkeeper with a wealth of experience.

An Arsenal youth product progressing to a key member of the first team squad and played a part in the 2003/04 season when they went unbeaten and claimed the "Invincible" status.

He has since gone on to play for a number of big clubs, including: Millwall, Reading, Leeds Utd, Wolves, Blackpool and Hibernian.

Experience of the English Premiership, Championship, Scottish Premier and Belgian Leagues as well as playing in both the UEFA Cup and Europa League.

Although born in London, Graham has also been recognised at International level and achieved 7 Under 21 Caps for the Republic of Ireland.

Most recently Graham has helped guide his current side Hibernian to their first Scottish Cup Final since 2001.'

That to me reads like Stack is likely to be leaving.

silverhibee
05-05-2012, 10:07 AM

This will be Stacks last season at Hibs.

woodythehibee
05-05-2012, 10:30 AM

Mutual decision?

Beefster
05-05-2012, 10:34 AM

The wages we'll be offering now will be a lot less than when he got his original contract with us so i think he'd likely have to take a big drop in wages so i imagine he'll go back down south.

With whats likely to be a reduced budget i think we'll go back to having one senior keeper and a relative youngster as back up, not the under 19 keeper but certainly not two 30 something keepers like we've got just now.

If we've sold more STs for next year than we have for a while, I don't see how the wages or budget are likely to reduce tbh. We've lost a wad of money from having to pay off players not up to the job and recruit replacements. It's not the current wages that are the problem, it's the way we recruit players.

--------
05-05-2012, 10:38 AM
If we've sold more STs for next year than we have for a while, I don't see how the wages or budget are likely to reduce tbh. We've lost a wad of money from having to pay off players not up to the job and recruit replacements.

It's not the current wages that are the problem, it's the way we recruit players.

How very, very true, Beefster. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
05-05-2012, 10:39 AM
If we've sold more STs for next year than we have for a while, I don't see how the wages or budget are likely to reduce tbh. We've lost a wad of money from having to pay off players not up to the job and recruit replacements. It's not the current wages that are the problem, it's the way we recruit players.

:agree: Season ticket sales WILL be up on the last few season ticket sales. Every penny taken in from those sales goes on players wages.

bingo70
05-05-2012, 10:43 AM

Even if we increase them for next year it'll still likely be smaller crowds than when he signed his current contract, i think that was about 2 or 3 years ago and then we were getting crowds upwards of 10k every week.

I completely agree with your last sentance, i hope my post didn't come across as a dig at the board.

smurf
05-05-2012, 11:02 AM

I thought it was an extension for one year he signed last summer?

bingo70
05-05-2012, 11:05 AM
I thought it was an extension for one year he signed last summer?

did he?

in that case i'm talking pish

--------
05-05-2012, 12:06 PM
IIRC at one stage Pat F was quoted as saying that he was talking to some of the loanees about permanent deals for next season?

Of course, if we were so stupid as to go and win on the 19th, we might very well price ourselves out of the market for any of them - Scottish Cup winners and all that?

bingo70
05-05-2012, 12:09 PM
IIRC at one stage Pat F was quoted as saying that he was talking to some of the loanees about permanent deals for next season?

Of course, if we were so stupid as to go and win on the 19th, we might very well price ourselves out of the market for any of them - Scottish Cup winners and all that?

I'd take that http://1.2.3.10/bmi/www.hibs.net/images/smilies/winky.gif

The only loanees i think we've got a realistic chance of getting and would want to keep is McPake and Griffiths although there's still huge question marks over his temprament so if PF decides to look else where i could understand why.

--------
05-05-2012, 12:27 PM
I'd take that http://1.2.3.10/bmi/www.hibs.net/images/smilies/winky.gif

The only loanees i think we've got a realistic chance of getting and would want to keep is McPake and Griffiths although there's still huge question marks over his temprament so if PF decides to look else where i could understand why.

Those would both be terrific signings. I'd love to see them both stay on - McPake's the obvious choice for captain and Griffiths finally appears to be rsponding to Fenlon's influence. (Just hope that's not a case of famous last words...)

Wolves will want Doherty back; Norwich will want Francomb; Soares would I think be replaceable. Huge question over Garry O's court appearances, though depending on how things work out he MIGHT still be available - fines and community service in the local area with RP as court-appointed responsible adult in charge? :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
05-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Those would both be terrific signings. I'd love to see them both stay on - McPake's the obvious choice for captain and Griffiths finally appears to be rsponding to Fenlon's influence. (Just hope that's not a case of famous last words...)

Wolves will want Doherty back; Norwich will want Francomb; Soares would I think be replaceable. Huge question over Garry O's court appearances, though depending on how things work out he MIGHT still be available - fines and community service in the local area with RP as court-appointed responsible adult in charge? :greengrin

Controversial! :greengrin

--------
05-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Controversial! :greengrin

Tam McCourt, then? :devil:

007 Mickey Weir
05-05-2012, 01:32 PM
The bonus this year is ST have been bought and paid for before the summer starts. This will hopefully give us the edge against other SPL sides. Get the players in early.

McPake, Griffiths, Hayes, Swanston all given 2yr deals

GOC 1 yr extension.

DH1875
05-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Mark Brown has and will show his worth between now and the cup final. Would like to see him stay :agree:.

R'Albin
05-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Gutted that Stacky is leaving although it's understandable. By the way that video was at the end of last season.

Out of the regular first team squad, that I could see us realisticly keeping and that I would like to see us keep..

Brown
Hanlon
McPake
Booth
Ozzy
Stevenson
Claros
O'Connor
Griffiths

Aside from youngsters there is nobody else I am that fussed for.

eebsie
05-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Wotherspoon?

JohnStephens91
06-05-2012, 02:18 AM
Gutted that Stacky is leaving although it's understandable. By the way that video was at the end of last season.

The Stack video is from about 1 week ago, it features him playing in the semi-final and a few of his saves in the last league Edinburgh derby at the pink bus shelter.

R'Albin
06-05-2012, 09:14 AM
The Stack video is from about 1 week ago, it features him playing in the semi-final and a few of his saves in the last league Edinburgh derby at the pink bus shelter.

Oh cool he's released another, I'll give that a watch :aok:

AlbertK86
06-05-2012, 09:42 AM

Good as he has been at fault for an awful lot of goals this season

iain nolan
06-05-2012, 10:41 AM
I think billy brown will join up with JJ at dufermline as JJ as not changed the coaching staff so far .
if this happens PF new ast manager should be scottish with spl experance. who would you pick.:flag: