PDA

View Full Version : If we win on Monday

Ferryhibby
05-05-2012, 12:32 AM
If we win or get the point we need on monday do you think we should let the u19s play against Inverness the following week...give the guys some needed rest and avoid a needless injury to GoC, Griffiths, McPake etc ahead of the final?

HoboHarry
05-05-2012, 12:40 AM
I wouldn't do that but I would give Paul Grant a game to get him up to speed with the defence

muzzhfc
05-05-2012, 01:22 AM
id rest some of them, such as mcpake, o'connor, ozzy etc but not all. you never know, one of the boys could come in, do a job (a la scott brown) and start the final and pump 10 goals past the yams.

derek0762
05-05-2012, 07:19 AM
Can we no still finish 10th if we win on Monday & Inverness lose to st midden then we beat ICT in the last game? I can't be arsed looking at the table!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?acrirr

BoltonHibee
05-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Can we no still finish 10th if we win on Monday & Inverness lose to st midden then we beat ICT in the last game? I can't be arsed looking at the table!

---

Yes we can, 3 points seperate us at the moment, they have a superior goal diff

bingo70
05-05-2012, 07:23 AM

---

Yes, but i'd still be tempted to rest a couple of players. Not a lot of changes but the likes of GoC and Mcpake that have been carrying niggling injuries. I don't see the point in resting in players that are fully fit and playing well like Griffiths, Kujabi, Hanlon etc, could just take away there momentum and a full weeks rest should be enough.

derek0762
05-05-2012, 07:25 AM
Thanks for that BH.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pddidj

Brooster
05-05-2012, 07:27 AM
We could field 11 fringe players without relying on the 19s, especially now that all the loan guys are back.

007 Mickey Weir
05-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Like the idea of Grant getting a game. Maybe the young striker and Stanton?

derek0762
05-05-2012, 07:30 AM
I can see where you are coming from bingo, but winning breeds confidence eh? & think of the boost the team would get if we go into the final in 10th place instead of being relegated like most of the rest of Scottish football would have wanted/liked.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?u4vw2b

bingo70
05-05-2012, 07:36 AM
I can see where you are coming from bingo, but winning breeds confidence eh? & think of the boost the team would get if we go into the final in 10th place instead of being relegated like most of the rest of Scottish football would have wanted/liked.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?u4vw2b

Yeah, I don't disagree with that that's why i wouldn't make wholesale changes to 'protect the team'. For McPake and GoC though if there's even the slightest niggle there's no point risking aggrovating it.

Other than that though i would go for as close to the team for the final as he can get.

Ferryhibby
05-05-2012, 09:47 AM
My idea was lookin more to nxt season, wer not as usual gonna spend spend spend so seeing who, from the younger squad could step up and look the part, wev already had caldwell, handling etc given some game time i was thinking more of grant, stanton etc give them a bit of experience, also would hate to see maybe Kujabi, or docherty or ozzy pick up an injury while playing in what could be a nothing game.

BEEJ
05-05-2012, 09:54 AM
I think we'd see a few of the younger players getting a run out.

Grant, Caldwell, Smith etc.

PaulSmith
05-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Let's win on Monday first

heretoday
05-05-2012, 10:01 AM
I have the feeling we'll need the first team at Inverness. In fact I'd be more confident of getting a point up north rather than at home.

Roughie
05-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Maybe rest a few players, but I would keep the defence together as much as possible, and Mark brown needs the 1st team games

pentlando
05-05-2012, 10:27 AM
In the run up to a major final all the first choice players should be getting as much game time as possible. IMO the more and more the players are playing together the better they are gelling. Some players, especially O'Connor, are looking sharper with each 90 mins. They will have a full week to recover, so it's not an issue with fatigue. Obviously any niggling injuries should be left to heal, but fit players should be playing both our remaining matches.:pfgwa

Deek01
05-05-2012, 09:19 PM
I wouldn't risk players such as Gaz, McPake or Sparky etc. Just look at Graham Stack, injuries can come out of nowhere and boom we're down a key player for the biggest game in decades.

DH1875
05-05-2012, 09:23 PM
I've herd the ladies team are quiet good :greengrin.

Ultrabee1-0
05-05-2012, 09:23 PM
caldwell & stanton must play they show great potential:aok:
a win on monday....pitch invasion?:na na:

Sean1875
05-05-2012, 10:29 PM
I wouldn't risk players such as Gaz, McPake or Sparky etc. Just look at Graham Stack, injuries can come out of nowhere and boom we're down a key player for the biggest game in decades.

:agree: agreed here. Replace these positions with straight swaps but keep the rest of the team we're planning on using for the final in the same positions.

Gaz, Sparky and McPake just cannot be risked, especially if O'Connor and McPake are carrying wee knocks, an extra weeks recovery could be exactly what they need.

essexhibee
05-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Need to get Monday out the way first. We are in no position to be confident of winning the way this season has gone!

Macaroon
05-05-2012, 11:23 PM
I'm absolutely itching to see some of our younger players get 90 mins. Stanton and Caldwell have such great potential and I desperately hope they get some game-time this season!

lord bunberry
06-05-2012, 07:40 AM
I'm absolutely itching to see some of our younger players get 90 mins. Stanton and Caldwell have such great potential and I desperately hope they get some game-time this season!
Will Danny handling be back from his loan spell yet or have berwick got into the playoffs

down-the-slope
06-05-2012, 08:13 AM
I think we'd see a few of the younger players getting a run out.

Grant, Caldwell, Smith etc.

Add Stanton...

I would not make many changes to starting line up...but would hope the bench would look quite different.....

Caldwell (as we don't have another robust hold up player) and Stanton as he is a dribbler that commits players would I hope be on bench for final....however...due to reduced number of subs for SFA comps we will go with 'utility players' i suspect

BEEJ
06-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Need to get Monday out the way first. We are in no position to be confident of winning the way this season has gone!
The first word in the OP makes that abundantly clear. 'IF'!

The whole thread is conditional upon Hibs getting a result tomorrow night. :wink:

Albion Hibs
06-05-2012, 12:55 PM
I would prefer they gained more match sharpness and instead did not go in hard for any challanges and kept themselves out of bother. Any players that have been carrying an injury I would not be asking to make the trip a long coach ride, and a night away is not ideal preparation.