PDA

View Full Version : Attendance on monday

james
04-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Just spoke to a guy who works in the TO and said tickets selling fast and only about 3000 left! What do you think the attendance will be? 15900 for me!

johnbc70
04-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Would be great if it was the first ER sell out in the 'new' stadium.

Mikey
04-05-2012, 09:58 PM
You could always guess here and win yourself a 20 quid voucher!!.........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?235340-Guess-the-attendance-v-Dunfermline-win-a-%A320-club-shop-voucher

Dashing Bob S
04-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Just spoke to a guy who works in the TO and said tickets selling fast and only about 3000 left! What do you think the attendance will be? 15900 for me!

If there's 3,000 left then there should be 17,000 sold. I doubt that. The ticket office have a track record for telling porkies.

I'm sure it'll be a good crowd though, and I hope its rammed. Would love to see Pars sell out the away end. A one-nil win for them, and we have a tough one at Inverness, so they have to be thinking of it as doable.

SteveHFC
04-05-2012, 10:25 PM
The Gloryhunters will be out in force on Monday :rolleyes:

007 Mickey Weir
04-05-2012, 10:43 PM
How brilliant would it be if we had a 15k plus crowd on Monday. End of season party to finally see us win at home. Come everyone do your bit. It's a long summer with no Hibs to watch. GGTTH

WindyMiller
04-05-2012, 11:00 PM
I was down getting our's to-day (couldn't add them to our memberships) and ended up getting section 38 as the central areas of the East are sold out.

A woman asked for "3 concessions for Saturday", the T.O. guy said "It's on Monday", she said "Aye o.k. then", he said "What section?", she said " I'm only the messenger", shrugged, took the tickets and left.

No-one asked on what basis she was entitled to concessions.

Just buying 3 chances in the lottery.:rolleyes:

We may sell a lot of tickets but don't expect a full-house.

muzzhfc
04-05-2012, 11:06 PM
surely we should open south stand upper if it looks like we will sell out our allocation? cant see dunfermaline bringing enough for upper and lower?

Hermit Crab
04-05-2012, 11:15 PM

Will believe it when I see it. Too many times the ticket office gave claimed they've sold more tickets than they actually have.

yeezus.
04-05-2012, 11:22 PM
I'm worried now, I've booked a train for Monday morning, I hope there's some tickets left :confused:

Saorsa
04-05-2012, 11:23 PM
I'm worried now, I've booked a train for Monday morning, I hope there's some tickets left :confused:I'm sure you'll get a seat, I think some folk are getting a bit carried away.

Hermit Crab
04-05-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm sure you'll get a seat, I think some folk are getting a bit carried away.

This.

Dashing Bob S
04-05-2012, 11:35 PM
This.

We do have a minor version :fibber: of the condition known as Jambo's disease. :fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber: when it comes to northwards exaggerations of the size of our crowds.

vein
04-05-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm worried now, I've booked a train for Monday morning, I hope there's some tickets left :confused:

I was down today at about 11am and was the only one at the pod. Was pretty quiet at the ticket desk in the shop too. I reckon you will be fine for Monday, I cant see it being a sell out.

ehf
04-05-2012, 11:45 PM
We do have a minor version :fibber: of the condition known as Jambo's disease. :fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber: when it comes to northwards exaggerations of the size of our crowds.

Will be interesting to see the turn-out on Monday: 2 or 3 years ago, Cup Final aside, there would have been a bumper attendance to hopefully roar the team on to SPL survival, but so many Hibs fans have been disaffected by the crap on offer since that I think the support has polarised. Despite the carrot of cup final tickets, I doubt there will be more than 12,000.

Dashing Bob S
05-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Will be interesting to see the turn-out on Monday: 2 or 3 years ago, Cup Final aside, there would have been a bumper attendance to hopefully roar the team on to SPL survival, but so many Hibs fans have been disaffected by the crap on offer since that I think the support has polarised. Despite the carrot of cup final tickets, I doubt there will be more than 12,000.

I agree. A lot of Hibs fans fancy themselves as football purists (me amongst them but I still watch us when we're crap and dull out of loyalty/stupidity) and will simply not go along to watch dull football. They need a Sauzee, Riordan, Zemmama sort of player(s) in the team. This element in the support we basically lost during the 2nd half of Yogi/Calderwood regimes, and they won't be back (cup final excepted) until they see more flair/creative players at ER who can excite.

That leaves the stalwarts, who don't like the way things are but will stick it out till we get better. I think we'll have a decent five figure attendance, but I doubt that ER will be bursting at the seams on Monday - though I hope I'm wrong.

SRHibs
05-05-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm going on Monday. May well be my last league game depending on the outcome of the Rangers fiasco. Here's hoping we get a decent attendance.

Pete
05-05-2012, 02:30 AM

So you keep saying.

Do you object to more people coming through the turnstiles? Maybe some of them have families, mortgages and responsibilities and therefore cant afford to buy a season ticket in the ****ing ivory tower stand like yourself.

The club needs walk-ups and lapsed fans right now to help the cause. The club has actively encouraged them so who the hell are you, or anyone else to look down there nose at them? The club needs a big support on Monday and there should be none of this.

A person that you consider a glory hunter might have invested a lot more cash and time in the club than you ever have and has probably invested his emotions to the same extent as yourself.

Spike Mandela
05-05-2012, 03:53 AM
If there's 3,000 left then there should be 17,000 sold. I doubt that. The ticket office have a track record for telling porkies.

for 3000 left I would read it as 14000 sold in the Hibs end then whatever Dunfermline bring.

Barney McGrew
05-05-2012, 06:23 AM
for 3000 left I would read it as 14000 sold in the Hibs end then whatever Dunfermline bring.

That's what I would think too.

You'll get seasons that can't make it, plus people who will buy for the cup final lottery but not actually go. With Dunfermline all but relegated I can't see them bringing that big a support either.

I reckon around 12-13k there.

down-the-slope
05-05-2012, 06:38 AM
the real Glory Hunters will not be there...as they will have bought concessions and not even go.......

I think the club should announce that only 'walk ups' where the ticket is scanned at turnstyle will get entered in draw...

I think the custodians have done an exceptional job of making sure our club benefits to the maximum out of us getting to the final...but a lot of people would be rightly peed off if someone bought a £10 concession (that they might not even be entitled to) did not attend...and ended up with the right to buy to CF tickets...

vein
05-05-2012, 06:39 AM

You'll get seasons that can't make it, plus people who will buy for the cup final lottery but not actually go. With Dunfermline all but relegated I can't see them bringing that big a support either.

I've got a feeling that walkups will need to actually need to attend to be included in the lottery mate. That will be why there are no phone and internet options to buy tickets.

Onion
05-05-2012, 06:39 AM

:agree: 12-13k is a good shout.

Brooster
05-05-2012, 07:15 AM
Its against spl rules to have home fans sitting above away fans.

surely we should open south stand upper if it looks like we will sell out our allocation? cant see dunfermaline bringing enough for upper and lower?

007 Mickey Weir
05-05-2012, 07:37 AM
But they can split the south stand in 2. Agree that a attendance of 12/13k would be about right.

soupy
05-05-2012, 07:41 AM
What happens at ibrox, I remember years ago, the rangers fans were above the hibs fans, although I must admit its been years since I was last there...

Brooster
05-05-2012, 07:45 AM
What happens at ibrox, I remember years ago, the rangers fans were above the hibs fans, although I must admit its been years since I was last there...

Since this ruling came in the away fans have been in the corner at Ibrox, there are no seats above.

Reaper
05-05-2012, 07:47 AM

Sad thing is that us fans shouldn't need any motivation to go to this game other than the fact its the biggest game the club has had in a long long time.

hibsquaker
05-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Sad thing is that us fans shouldn't need any motivation to go to this game other than the fact its the biggest game the club has had in a long long time.

This.

If there is not at least 15k there, I despair.

Bank holiday (for some), reduced prices, essential game, last home game, put one over on Jeffries, chance of cup final ticket .....

come on, surely.

3pm
05-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Should be sold out. Will be well short though.

NAE NOOKIE
05-05-2012, 09:28 AM

Ach ... Its time the gloryhunters stuff was put to bed.

Every football club has a hard core of fans who will turn out to support the club no matter what. For us thats between 5 and 8 thousand, which is actually better than it used to be. But they are part of a ( hopefully ) much larger overall support who will attend matches depending on circumstances on and off the park.

Some folk will find the money for the Dunfermline game and the cup final, where normally they perhaps couldnt justify the outlay from whatever meagre budget they might operate on.

Our attendances during the Mowbray era were better than before or after it due to the football being played, better football attracts more fans.

Dont get me wrong ...... There are two facts here:

The first one is that every club needs the large overall support to be around because they are a measure of the clubs success and giving them enough incentive to go to games means that the club has something to aim for and they know they are getting it right if these fans come back. If nothing else, In that sense they are hugely important to the club and have as much right to their Hibbyness as anybody

The second fact is that the hardcore fans are the ones who enable the club to survive when things are not going well. Without them there would be no club for the larger supporter base to come back to. Because of that the hardcore fans often see themselves as more important to the club .... and that IMO is a not unreasonable point of view.

I suppose what I am trying to say is that, in the grand scheme of things both parts of the Hibs support are vital to the club in their own way ...... one without the other makes the whole thing pointless.

Anybody who chucks on a Hibs scarf and goes to ER be it once a season or for every game is a Hibby and vital to the club. But glory hunters .... no I dont think so.

Scotsgirl
05-05-2012, 09:32 AM

:fishin: I will be there on Monday :devil:

Dalkeith
05-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Maybe some of them have families, mortgages and responsibilities and therefore cant afford to buy a season ticket in the ****ing ivory tower stand like yourself.

id bet that the op has spent as much as anyone on here in is 19 years, seems on here if you are not a certain age your views dont count

BEEJ
05-05-2012, 09:49 AM
And you would be the first to moan if only a hard core of 7,000-8,000 fans turned up to support Hibs in the final. :greengrin

Doubtless there will be some who come on Monday who have been lured by the prospect of cup final tickets.

Just as many will be going because it's such a crucial fixture for Hibs AND it's the last match at ER this season.

And then there's this significant factor....

I'm going on Monday. May well be my last league game depending on the outcome of the Rangers fiasco. Here's hoping we get a decent attendance.
:agree:

If there is not at least 15k there, I despair.

Bank holiday (for some), reduced prices, essential game, last home game, put one over on Jeffries, chance of cup final ticket .....

come on, surely.
:agree: Good summary. All these elements play a part. I'd be very surprised if the official attendance on Monday evening is not somewhere north of 15k.

truehibernian
05-05-2012, 09:49 AM
I couldn't give a hoot at a game if I was seated next to a lapsed fan, a glory hunter, a season ticket holder, a one off walk up, or a tourist......it's money to Hibs and it's a supporter.

More the merrier. Everyone has valid reasons for not going to football. We should be encouraging folk, not bickering.

Get along if you can on Monday and roar the boys on to a win.

Dalkeith
05-05-2012, 09:53 AM
And you would be the first to moan if only a hard core of 7,000-8,000 fans turned up to support Hibs in the final. :greengrin

Doubtless there will be some who come on Monday who have been lured by the prospect of cup final tickets.

Just as many will be going because it's such a crucial fixture for Hibs AND it's the last match at ER this season.

i think there will be more looking for final tickets than being there because its a crucial fixture

iwasthere1972
05-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Me, my glory hunting brother who hasn't been to a game in 5 years and my nephew are all going. If this was a meaningless match then none of us would have even considered going. Wonder how many more fans are in the same mind as us. Getting your name put in a big hat for the chance of a cup final ticket is a masterstroke by Rodders.

BEEJ
05-05-2012, 10:05 AM
i think there will be more looking for final tickets than being there because its a crucial fixture
Well that's certainly the cynical way to look at it.

And we'll never really know either way! :greengrin

Dalkeith
05-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Well that's certainly the cynical way to look at it.

And we'll never really know either way! :greengrin

very true :greengrin

vein
05-05-2012, 10:14 AM
id bet that the op has spent as much as anyone on here in is 19 years, seems on here if you are not a certain age your views dont count

It's not about his age though, its about trying to appreciate that some people will have different priorities as they grow older, have a family, etc. I was the same at 19 btw, couldn't see past going to the games and bevvying with my mates.

I'm going on Monday for the first time since 2009, ill be honest and say the only kick up the arse to get me back along to easter road is this draw for tickets. If that makes me a glory hunter in the eyes of some people then I'll just laugh it off.

Sharon
05-05-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm going on Monday for the first time since 2009, ill be honest and say the only kick up the arse to get me back along to easter road is this draw for tickets. If that makes me a glory hunter in the eyes of some people then I'll just laugh it off.

At least your being honest:agree:

The problem I have is that I feel once again that the season ticket holders have had a raw deal. We are continually told that the club needs them but got no more priority for cup final tickets than those who paid for the membership. In my opinion a ticket for this season's cup final should not depend on having a season ticket for next season. If they had given all season ticket holders for this year 2 tickets then there would still be enough for a public sale.

Houchy
05-05-2012, 11:00 AM

Why will "the glory hunters be out in force"?

I'm going on Monday but i'm not a season ticket holder, does that make me a "glory hunter"?

bingo70
05-05-2012, 11:03 AM
It's not about his age though, its about trying to appreciate that some people will have different priorities as they grow older, have a family, etc. I was the same at 19 btw, couldn't see past going to the games and bevvying with my mates.

Quite right, i find the idea of any hibs fan being a glory hunter completely ridiculous.

Nobody has to justify why they do or don't go to the games, it's meant to be entertaining and something you enjoy doing so if anyone doesn't want to then that's there choice.

It'd be a different story if people like yourself that don't go any more were jumping up and down stamping feet saying they deserve tickets but from what i've seen thats not happening, just lots of people that want to go and want to try and get tickets.

good luck in the ballot mate but i'm sure there'll be a decent public sale even if you don't get one.

Littlest Hobo
05-05-2012, 11:07 AM
The more that come along to support the team the better, couldn't give a toss if you never go to games or not. All are welcome ; )

muzzhfc
05-05-2012, 11:12 AM
im going on monday, first game of the season. not through choice, but i have work commitments over the weekends and money is tight. does this make me a glory hunter? who cares! im not going for the cup lottery ticket, im going along to see hibs thump jumbo jim and his labor party board. infact i wouldnt be surprised if leishman got ellected on the promise of outlawing relegation

blackpoolhibs
05-05-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm only bringing someone to their first ever hibs game to annoy those who dislike gloryhunters. :na na:

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-05-2012, 11:53 AM

I think its more to do with the uberfan mentality that seems to exude from some people of a certain vintage. I used to go week in, week out at that age, but, didnae feel the need to have a dash at people that attended less frequently. Maybe its just easier these days due to internet messageboards etc.

HibbyAndy
05-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Ill guess just under 10K.

Newcastlehibby
05-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Quite right, i find the idea of any hibs fan being a glory hunter completely ridiculous.

Nobody has to justify why they do or don't go to the games, it's meant to be entertaining and something you enjoy doing so if anyone doesn't want to then that's there choice.

It'd be a different story if people like yourself that don't go any more were jumping up and down stamping feet saying they deserve tickets but from what i've seen thats not happening, just lots of people that want to go and want to try and get tickets.

good luck in the ballot mate but i'm sure there'll be a decent public sale even if you don't get one.

I couldn't agree more.

The 'Glory Hunters' are those people, born and bred in different towns and cities who travel to watch Rangers and Celtic because they win everything, when, for the most part, they should be supporting their home team.

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Its against spl rules to have home fans sitting above away fans.

When the East was being built we sat abve the away fans.

At least your being honest:agree:

The problem I have is that I feel once again that the season ticket holders have had a raw deal. We are continually told that the club needs them but got no more priority for cup final tickets than those who paid for the membership. In my opinion a ticket for this season's cup final should not depend on having a season ticket for next season. If they had given all season ticket holders for this year 2 tickets then there would still be enough for a public sale.

You can only use one though - did you want a 2nd ticket to give it to a gloryhunter?

GreenCastle
05-05-2012, 12:19 PM
The more that come along to support the team the better, couldn't give a toss if you never go to games or not. All are welcome ; )

:thumbsup:

This glory hunter chat and fans getting on their constant high horse about being a bigger fan than others is a little cringe worthy.

Get yourself to ER on Monday if you can and support the team when they need it most :top marks

blackpoolhibs
05-05-2012, 12:24 PM
I think its more to do with the uberfan mentality that seems to exude from some people of a certain vintage. I used to go week in, week out at that age, but, didnae feel the need to have a dash at people that attended less frequently. Maybe its just easier these days due to internet messageboards etc.

Exactly, we are probably averaging 8k home supporters every week. A fair few of those moaning about not being able to get a ticket have hardly been to easter road much recently. We will have around 16 thousand gloryhunter/fairweather fans at hampden, i wish we could take more of them.

Sharon
05-05-2012, 12:29 PM
You can only use one though - did you want a 2nd ticket to give it to a gloryhunter?[/QUOTE]

To be honest I probably would have still only taken 1 ticket for final as the people I'm going with are season ticket holders. I just think that the folk that renewed after last season should be given some reward. No easy answer to this ticket allocation problem - someone is always going to be offended :dunno:

Houchy
05-05-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm going on Monday to support the team, not for the possibility of getting my name plucked out in a ballot. Even if I do get selected I won't be taking up the offer as I'm flying out to Florida that day.

Glory hunter...supporting the Hibs, don't think so mainboy:faf::giruy:

scoopyboy
05-05-2012, 01:15 PM
When the East was being built we sat abve the away fans.

You can only use one though - did you want a 2nd ticket to give it to a gloryhunter?

I don't think we did.

I think we shared the south but the divide was vertical.

WindyMiller
05-05-2012, 02:24 PM
I don't think we did.

:agree:

hibsbollah
05-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Id rather sit next to a gloryhunter than a ST-holding bedwetter.

danhibees1875
05-05-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm a st holder and won't be going, don't like the idea of being next to all these new supporters with their 'positive' view on the team.

jgl07
05-05-2012, 03:40 PM
I don't think we did.

It was before the East was demolished. After that I think that Hibs had the whole of the upper tier with the the lower tier divided.

They had to leave the first two rows of seats above the visitors empty.

Dashing Bob S
05-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Under Calderwood I had even started to send along servants in my stead. However, staff turnover was getting ridiculously high, and those pesky human rights types were starting to take an interest. So I thought, best take it on the chin and go along myself.

sambajustice
05-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Will the ticket office be open tomorrow?? (Sunday)

Onceinawhile
05-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Doubt it, isn't normally when we don't have a game, check the fishy website.

eebsie
05-05-2012, 09:22 PM

That's a pish thing to say! I had a season ticket for 6 years. Went to all home and away games, sat ankle deep in water at Cappielow for cup game. Can't get to many games now but will be there to see us stay up and hopefully at Hampden to see us win the cup. Does that make me a glory hunter?

eebsie
05-05-2012, 09:31 PM

That's a pish thing to say! I had a season ticket for 6 years. Went to all home and away games, sat ankle deep in water at Cappielow for cup game. Can't get to many games now but will be there to see us stay up and hopefully at Hampden to see us win the cup. Does that make me a glory hunter?

SteveHFC
05-05-2012, 09:46 PM
My comment earlier in the thread was pointless. I'm sorry if i have upset anyone. The more Hibees at Hampden the better :aok:

Saorsa
05-05-2012, 09:55 PM
My comment earlier in the thread was pointless. I'm sorry if i have upset anyone. The more Hibees at Hampden the better :aok:as always :agree:

:greengrin

Littlest Hobo
05-05-2012, 10:36 PM
My comment earlier in the thread was pointless. I'm sorry if i have upset anyone. The more Hibees at Hampden the better :aok:

http://img.tapatalk.com/5c040be4-ab81-c291.jpg

yeezus.
06-05-2012, 12:30 PM
I was down today at about 11am and was the only one at the pod. Was pretty quiet at the ticket desk in the shop too. I reckon you will be fine for Monday, I cant see it being a sell out.

Good stuff, it's an expensive week for me with Easter Road on Monday and Stair Park on Wednesday night.

06-05-2012, 12:53 PM
This game is one of our most important games in years, it more or less decides what league we will be playing in next season. A big crowd at ER tomorrow night would be fantastic, a good atmosphere will give our players a much needed lift!

If you haven't got yourself a ticket yet and its possible for you to go then get yourself one :agree:!

:flag::flag::flag:

MacBean
06-05-2012, 01:05 PM
All my party have tickets for the final. This is the first season in 6 I've not had a ST for several personal reasons. Ive been to a few games this season but not all. I was always going on Monday and given the importance I bought tickets online last week.

I have no interest in winning the cup final tickets as I don't NEED them. If I won them, I'd buy them for deserving hibees who have no access to final tickets. I know of lots of hibees like myself who have been for years an over the last couple of years their circumstances have changed which have meant they can't go to ER every week.

Folk really need to realise its a completely different world out there, folk are losing jobs, have higher priorities like heating their house and feeding kids before the 'luxury' of supporting their team in the way they wish they could.

GGTTH

joe breezy
06-05-2012, 01:30 PM
My dad is going on my behalf, it only cost a tenner though, but he bought the ticket using my name on the database

He's 62 so I assume thats why it was just a tenner?

scoopyboy
06-05-2012, 02:05 PM
My dad is going on my behalf, it only cost a tenner though, but he bought the ticket using my name on the database

Doesn't add up to me.

If he's 62 and paid a tenner for it, then surely it can't be in your name.

At the end of the day if his / your ticket comes out your entitled to two tickets anyway.

joe breezy
06-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Doesn't add up to me.

If he's 62 and paid a tenner for it, then surely it can't be in your name.

At the end of the day if his / your ticket comes out your entitled to two tickets anyway.

I said to quote my name & address as I'm on the database and he's not...

Aye as the final tickets aren't concessions I suppose it doesn't matter, means my dad gets to see a game albeit on his own...

scoopyboy
06-05-2012, 02:53 PM
I said to quote my name & address as I'm on the database and he's not...

Aye as the final tickets aren't concessions I suppose it doesn't matter, means my dad gets to see a game albeit on his own...

Surely he would offer you HIS second ticket :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
06-05-2012, 08:34 PM

I am 63 and my ticket for tomorrow has cost me over £20. Of course I am not entitled to a concession as I am only a season ticket holder.

spike220
07-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Nobody that supports Hibs can ever be accused of being a Glory Hunter. Not unless they have some kind of mental impairment that detaches them from reality.

GGTTH