PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Dobbie

thebakerboy
04-05-2012, 07:38 PM
When did he become such a skill full player , he was a fair striker with us but not really good enough, now on the verge of his third promotion to the premiership in 3 years but not considered good enough at the top level , what is it with this guy. Playing a storm tonight.

clerriehibs
04-05-2012, 07:41 PM
When did he become such a skill full player , he was a fair striker with us but not really good enough, now on the verge of his third promotion to the premiership in 3 years but not considered good enough at the top level , what is it with this guy. Playing a storm tonight.

I thought he was easily good enough for us and so did many others. I was a bit p!ssed off when he left us. Maybe he had a poor attitude at training when he was younger, because he did struggle a wee bit with his weight.

bingo70
04-05-2012, 07:43 PM

Deserves a huge amount of credit for the way he reacted after finding himself with Dumbarton in the third division. Most players when they fall down the footballing ladder end up as players that 'could have made it' but he obviously pulled his socks up and started working harder and is now reaping the rewards.

Ringothedog
04-05-2012, 07:46 PM

He had loads of skill but carried a bit too much weight. If he could have just a litle bit of weight at the time he would have been a tremendous player for us. In fact IIRC he had brilliant close control of the ball:agree:

thebakerboy
04-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Don't really know who I want to win Calderwood on 1 side and Ferguson on the other dislike both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy Whizz
04-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Don't really know who I want to win Calderwood on 1 side and Ferguson on the other dislike both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't want the "Wonga's" to win anything

macca70
04-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Don't want the "Wonga's" to win anything

Dobbie misses an absolute sitter, so he did learn something from his time at Hibs :)

thebakerboy
04-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Let them win this then there odds go down on winning again an remember Coco the Clown is on the other side.

BoltonHibee
04-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Blackpool should be 3 up by now. Great Atmosphere in the ground. Ince playing really well too, didn't get much change out of Murphy though

thebakerboy
04-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Aye noticed he seems to have moved infield , Murphy's no changed then still a superb left back.

BoltonHibee
04-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Aye noticed he seems to have moved infield , Murphy's no changed then still a superb left back.

Yup Murph has been top

joe breezy
05-05-2012, 05:27 AM
I always thought he was good, I was always surprised at the abuse he got, even from Dashing Bob.

KWJ
05-05-2012, 05:46 AM
He wasn't helped by us having O'Connor, Riordan, McManus & Brown playing more advanced at the time. Plenty competition.

Mon Dieu4
05-05-2012, 06:47 AM
Always thought he had bags of skill but as said he was carrying a bit of weight when with us, combined with blobbys tactics it didn't help him any, he would have been different class in mowbrays team

Ryan69
05-05-2012, 07:18 AM
scotland call up? Or does he have to move to old firm for that these days.

JohnStephens91
05-05-2012, 07:40 AM
scotland call up? Or does he have to move to old firm for that these days.He has to have played for the Yams or the Huns to get a call-up. Levein won't touch anything that has been near Hibs regardless of skill levels. Apparently O'Connor wasn't getting a call-up because of his court date coming up yet he chose Goodwillie who was up on a charge of rape in court. Hypocrite of the highest order.

clerriehibs
05-05-2012, 08:13 AM
He has to have played for the Yams or the Huns to get a call-up. Levein won't touch anything that has been near Hibs regardless of skill levels. Apparently O'Connor wasn't getting a call-up because of his court date coming up yet he chose Goodwillie who was up on a charge of rape in court. Hypocrite of the highest order.

hp loves his arabs as well. the man's a conplete creep, ingratiating himself with his old clubs, obv lining up work when the sfa get rid. not that that will be anytime soon - not quite good enough does seem to be good enough for them.