PDA

View Full Version : Section 43 Bucket Collection Against Dunfermline

Chuck Rhoades
04-05-2012, 12:21 PM
We were invited by the club to hold a bucket collection this Monday before the Dunfermline match to help raise funds for the group and future displays.

We will have four buckets outside turnstiles in the West/East and two outside the Famous Five.

Any donation given from the support is extremely appreciated and will go towards funding the displays we have planned for next season. Your generosity throughout the season has been magnificent and I would like to thank you on behalf of the group for your continued support.

We are still a few volunteers short, if you are interested in helping please contact Gogs43.

Cheers

MacBean
04-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Brilliant job as usual! Looking forward to the final display and certainly will stick my hand in my pocket to help out.

On a side note I've heard the yams have over £7k?

Chuck Rhoades
04-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Brilliant job as usual! Looking forward to the final display and certainly will stick my hand in my pocket to help out.

Couldn't care. They can surf their pretty banner, throw a few streamers or lay down card. Let them worry about their display and let's concentrate on ours:aok:

Chuck Rhoades
05-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Bump.

essexhibee
05-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Christ 7k for a flag!?

Littlest Hobo
05-05-2012, 03:20 PM
I'll be doing my bit to help fill the buckets on Monday evening. Mon the Hibs

jon paul jones
06-05-2012, 05:16 AM
Bump

Surely worthy of a stick on at the top of the thread listing :greengrin

I'll be at the Famous Five stand tapping you all for your change for this worthy cause

GGTTH

BroxburnHibee
06-05-2012, 07:04 AM
Its our experience that bumped threads get noticed more :greengrin

But I'll stick it if you want. :wink:

Kris1875
06-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Great job at the semi I've told all my mates I'm going with on Monday that your doing this so we will all be chipping in !!! Can't wait to see it .

Keith_M
06-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Why is it you're collecting buckets?

:dunno:

:greengrin

frazeHFC
06-05-2012, 08:06 AM
Its our experience that bumped threads get noticed more :greengrin

But I'll stick it if you want. :wink:

Bumping is better, i rarely look at stickied threads. :agree: Mainly cos they're started by Mikey. :greengrin

NotoriousLor
06-05-2012, 08:11 AM

They might want to keep it to help pay the players then, they might just be able to keep one or two after the window shuts in the summer

mickki40
06-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Just a heads up. 7K is paltry for a display from the Jambos. I predict Hibernian f.c. fans will do the largest Display that Scotland has ever seen. And I am 100% right. Display plans will be given out the night before on all forums. If anybody says they know what we will be doing they are talking crap. I am looking at the plan on my wall as I type. Only 4 people have that plan. Collectin money for this and other displays is how the continentals do it. We proved that in the semi final with a few volunteers and some will on behalf of fans we can compete and outdo the O.F. Personally I think we could outdo most English clubs in this kind of display, only Liverpool could probably outdo us. So when you get some random rattling a bucket at the Dunfermline game just think that it will not be wasted, it will be seen by zillions worldwide eventually. And it will be your contributions that make it happen. As has been mentioned before, who gives a damn what Jambos are doing... I don't. Ours is better simple as that.

MacBean
06-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Didn't mean to cause a stir by mentioning it was just wondering if said reports were true. F*** the hearts.

Cannae wait to see this display as I know it will be sheer class.

GGTTH

RIP
06-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Our display is costing over £12,000

It will be worth every penny

Chuck Rhoades
06-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Our display is costing over £12,000

It will be worth every penny

Double it and you might be close.

Onceinawhile
06-05-2012, 03:33 PM

Seriously????

lyonhibs
06-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Seriously????

My thoughts exactly. An incredible sum - what materials were used for the display?? - beluga caviar and 24 carat gold?

Now that's Hibs class :agree:

06-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Just a heads up. 7K is paltry for a display from the Jambos. I predict Hibernian f.c. fans will do the largest Display that Scotland has ever seen. And I am 100% right. Display plans will be given out the night before on all forums. If anybody says they know what we will be doing they are talking crap. I am looking at the plan on my wall as I type. Only 4 people have that plan. Collectin money for this and other displays is how the continentals do it. We proved that in the semi final with a few volunteers and some will on behalf of fans we can compete and outdo the O.F. Personally I think we could outdo most English clubs in this kind of display, only Liverpool could probably outdo us. So when you get some random rattling a bucket at the Dunfermline game just think that it will not be wasted, it will be seen by zillions worldwide eventually. And it will be your contributions that make it happen. As has been mentioned before, who gives a damn what Jambos are doing... I don't. Ours is better simple as that.

:thumbsup:

Well done everyone involved, will be more than happy to make a contribution!

:flag:

mickki40
07-05-2012, 06:04 AM
Seriously????

Double seriously... Like I said previously, this will probably be Scotlands biggest ever display, Internationals included.

Chuck Rhoades
07-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Bump.

Scouse Hibee
07-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Following my stance of giving alleged homeless beggars food and not money, I will bring fuzzy felt, pritt stick and felt tip pens to place in your buckets :greengrin

jon paul jones
07-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Bumping is better, i rarely look at stickied threads. :agree: Mainly cos they're started by Mikey. :greengrin

:top marks

DaveF
07-05-2012, 12:05 PM

Eh!

We could get David Obua for 2 weeks with that kind of money :greengrin

08-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Any idea how much you collected last night? Or is it a bit too early?

Happily contributed last night :flag:

LancashireHibby
08-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Well done to all the guys for their efforts. Special mention to the guy on Albion Road (Gogs' brother I believe?) who's bucket must have weighed a ton after I'd emptied my pockets of loose change!

Chuck Rhoades
08-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Will be counting tonight. We were aiming for £2-300 but I think we have smashed that! Probably £250 in notes alone! Could barely carry the bag of cash up the stairs last night.

Have to be honest, not looking forward to going home and counting it!

PaulSmith
08-05-2012, 11:40 AM
24k, have you hired the red arrows for the day!

Seriously though good luck and can't wait for it

Frazerbob
08-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Will be counting tonight. We were aiming for £2-300 but I think we have smashed that! Probably £250 in notes alone! Could barely carry the bag of cash up the stairs last night.

Have to be honest, not looking forward to going home and counting it!

200 - 300 pound? From a 15000 crowd that seems very low.

Littlest Hobo
08-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Do we get to know what your planning for the display or is it a secret??

JIm
08-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Do we get to know what your planning for the display or is it a secret??

From what i read previously they are planning on announcing the details of the display the night before the cup final itself.

GGTTH - Keep up the good work lads. :flag:

squak
08-05-2012, 01:01 PM
I'd love to volunteer to go through to hampden and help set it up! How do we go a bout doing that?

Curly1875
08-05-2012, 01:16 PM
I'd love to volunteer to go through to hampden and help set it up! How do we go a bout doing that?

Not quite got round to that yet but join the forum and we'll post up when we're needing volunteers

http://www.sect43.co.uk/forum/forum.php

We'll probably post on here as well

Chuck Rhoades
08-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Thread will be posted short re volunteers.

fitothewalk
08-05-2012, 01:58 PM
well done to the sect 43 boys been to most of the away matches this season and they are always there and get right behind the club with singing and flags.players come and go but supporters stay.my two sons think you guys are awesome keep up the good work.we have invested afew quid on a flag ourselfs.if they were handing out the cup to supporters our away support would win it in a canter:not worth

squak
08-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Not quite got round to that yet but join the forum and we'll post up when we're needing volunteers

http://www.sect43.co.uk/forum/forum.php

We'll probably post on here as well

Ah good stuff, I'm on the forum too so I'll give you shout when the call goes out!

fit o' the walk
08-05-2012, 06:03 PM
well done to the sect 43 boys been to most of the away matches this season and they are always there and get right behind the club with singing and flags.players come and go but supporters stay.my two sons think you guys are awesome keep up the good work.we have invested afew quid on a flag ourselfs.if they were handing out the cup to supporters our away support would win it in a canter:not worthGood post,i couldnae have wrote it better myself.or did i write it?

clerriehibs
08-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Good post,i couldnae have wrote it better myself.or did i write it?

:faf:

There's a dodgy clerrie_hibs out there too ...