PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine on Leith

theonlywayisup
04-05-2012, 10:29 AM
I really hope that when we win the Scottish Cup that there is a recording made of the whole of the Sunshine on Leith as sung by 20,000 plus Hibees. I have only seen the BBC version of the 2007 final, which starts with the Murphy/Benji interviews and ends after the first chorus. If there was a top quality whole length version, I can see a marketing opportunity with CD/DVDs being released of that song alone.

Let's hope someone is on the case!

Teo10
04-05-2012, 10:33 AM
If this happens I will no doubt be balling my eyes out! Eyes started getting watery after Leigh scored the winner in the Semi!!

oxymoron
04-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Theres lots of good ones on YouTube. I like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPRj1DLEZIg

Phil D. Rolls
04-05-2012, 08:12 PM
I really hope that when we win the Scottish Cup that there is a recording made of the whole of the Sunshine on Leith as sung by 20,000 plus Hibees. I have only seen the BBC version of the 2007 final, which starts with the Murphy/Benji interviews and ends after the first chorus. If there was a top quality whole length version, I can see a marketing opportunity with CD/DVDs being released of that song alone.

Let's hope someone is on the case!

Not top of my priorities. Besides, when we win that thing there is going to be in excess of 20,000 basket cases unable to talk let alone sing. Hope the paramedics and Gartnavel Hospital are primed.

vercol36
05-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Surely a cup win will prompt a pitch invasion at Hampden? A lot of folk won't be able to contain themselves...in the case of an invasion, I doubt they would play SOL, they would be trying hard to usher the fans out of the stadium!

EH75
05-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Think it would be pretty difficult to invade the pitch at Hampden because there is a a gap between the seats and the pitch where there is a sort of concrete trough with waist high ropes strung accross it where flags and stuff are sometimes put. Not 100% sure if this goes all the way round the pitch but I think it does. Pretty sure it is there primarily to discourage pitch invasions.

lucky
05-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Surely a cup win will prompt a pitch invasion at Hampden? A lot of folk won't be able to contain themselves...in the case of an invasion, I doubt they would play SOL, they would be trying hard to usher the fans out of the stadium!
No chance of that happening and would spoil the celebrations. Also the Yams would come on leading to carnage

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-05-2012, 11:06 AM
There'll be carnage whatever happens unfortunately.