PDA

View Full Version : Highlights v Aberdeen

BigBamba
03-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Where are the highlights from last nights game?! :confused:

'mon the cabbage!

grunt
03-05-2012, 08:03 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17946663?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

SaulGoodman
03-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Wow. Listen to Aberdeens fans booing every time Hibs had an attack. I know they've been pretty poor the last few seasons, but that is not how to support a football team!

Alfred E Newman
03-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Wow. Listen to Aberdeens fans booing every time Hibs had an attack. I know they've been pretty poor the last few seasons, but that is not how to support a football team!

Thank goodness we don't have that sort of behavior at Easter Road.

Ringothedog
03-05-2012, 09:19 PM

you actually made me LOL

vercol36
03-05-2012, 09:20 PM
:paranoid: That seagull at 1.54 scared the **** out of me!

MotherSuperior
03-05-2012, 09:28 PM
That spoony miss late on wasn't exactly the sitter it was descried to be on the radio last night. Griffiths control and shot was sublime! That would have been some goal.

Edinburgh Green
03-05-2012, 09:30 PM
gotta laugh at gaz's reaction to the second goal. :greengrin

hibsbollah
03-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Osborne and Soares, who didnt get great reports on here, both had important contributions in those highlights. Hanlon could have been stronger for the goal.

SaulGoodman
03-05-2012, 09:39 PM

:
We don't boo every time the opposition scores that's for sure. And we've had it far worse than them this season.

BEEJ
03-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Osborne and Soares, who didnt get great reports on here, both had important contributions in those highlights. Hanlon could have been stronger for the goal.
And Kujabi should have closed down Fyvie much quicker at the cross.

And Doherty was the wrong side of Rae for the header back across goal.

HibeeMG
03-05-2012, 09:43 PM
That spoony miss late on wasn't exactly the sitter it was descried to be on the radio last night. Griffiths control and shot was sublime! That would have been some goal.

:agree: Agreed on both counts.

Jonnyboy
03-05-2012, 09:52 PM

Agree 100% and yet there's been a post on the MB that Griffiths has no ability, no technical nous, no positional sense etc etc etc. Just cannae please some folk :wink:

Onceinawhile
04-05-2012, 06:39 AM

What a kick by mark Brown as well. Straight to sparkys feet.

hibee_girl
04-05-2012, 07:17 AM

That was my first thought as well, they made it sound like he missed an open goal!

bingo70
04-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Agree 100% and yet there's been a post on the MB that Griffiths has no ability, no technical nous, no positional sense etc etc etc. Just cannae please some folk :wink:

I've been fairly critical of Griffiths this season, wasn't really a big fan of his all season although i happily admit over the last month or so he's started to prove me wrong. What i would say though i wasn't critical about his attributes you mentioned but more that i think he lacks composure in front of goal and i still think he needs to work on that, most of the goals he scores tend to come when he's not got too much time to think about it, although i know there's exceptions to that, like the semi final goal.

As for the highlights was great to see Ozzie driving forward for the first goal, great to see Soares in the 6 yard box ready to tap it in if Reynolds wasn't there, great to see other chances with midfielders bombing into the box, Francomb and Wotherspoon both had good chances and Soares did well to create a chance with a good cut back inside the box. Stevenson debate number #10000 of the season but that's what i think Stevenson doesn't offer enough of and another example of us not missing him when he doesn't play.

JimBHibees
04-05-2012, 09:46 AM
:agree: Agreed on both counts.

Sparky's touch was absolutely exceptional for his long range shot. Thought Hibs looked sharp going forward and probably should have scored more. Spoony chance was a difficult one as Rae was right in front of him at the time. Kujabi was definitely slack at not pressing the cross better for their goal.

Jonnyboy
04-05-2012, 11:09 PM
I've been fairly critical of Griffiths this season, wasn't really a big fan of his all season although i happily admit over the last month or so he's started to prove me wrong. What i would say though i wasn't critical about his attributes you mentioned but more that i think he lacks composure in front of goal and i still think he needs to work on that, most of the goals he scores tend to come when he's not got too much time to think about it, although i know there's exceptions to that, like the semi final goal.

As for the highlights was great to see Ozzie driving forward for the first goal, great to see Soares in the 6 yard box ready to tap it in if Reynolds wasn't there, great to see other chances with midfielders bombing into the box, Francomb and Wotherspoon both had good chances and Soares did well to create a chance with a good cut back inside the box. Stevenson debate number #10000 of the season but that's what i think Stevenson doesn't offer enough of and another example of us not missing him when he doesn't play.

Wasn't you I had in mind bingo :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
05-05-2012, 12:13 AM
Great play from Ozzie for the first goal and for his effort in the first half. A lot of his good games come away from ER. Hopefully he'll be an even better player next season.

By the way, I noticed that people were bitching about "Why does Sparky take the corners, he should be in the box for crosses"....O'Hanlon's goal and Hanlon's goal at Inverness is why he takes them.

NAE NOOKIE
05-05-2012, 10:16 AM
I have been bitching on here for 2 seasons about midfield players not running into the box, but it happened a few times there.

More please.