PDA

View Full Version : Sitting with Them...could you do it?

hibsbollah
03-05-2012, 05:46 PM
I have a good yam acquaintance who has posted desperately on Facebook looking for cup final tickets 'and yes, tickets for the hibs end would be considered'. :dunno:

I pointed out to him the stupidity of even considering this, both from the point of view of getting outed and ejected/kicked to ****, and from the point of view of having to restrain your natural shouting/radging out. Personally, i just wouldnt enjoy sitting in there in the fifth pit of Hell, even if it was the only way i could get a ticket.

Anyone else?

.Sean.
03-05-2012, 05:53 PM
I'd struggle to watch it on the tele with my best mate who's 'one of them' so not a chance I could stand with thousands of Jambos on Cup Final day, no way!

The_Todd
03-05-2012, 05:56 PM
No. Not a chance.

Billie Jo
03-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Nah, it would give me the boak! or my heed kicked in :smokin

Kris1875
03-05-2012, 06:01 PM
No way it's bad enough having to share a stadium with THEM never mind sitting with them I'd end up in the jail !!

Sylar
03-05-2012, 06:05 PM
For an ordinary league game, I could probably just about manage it. I've sat in the home end at Ibrox (hospitality) and Pittodrie (friend who had a spare free ST) and didn't find it utterly unbearable.

Cup final against our biggest rivals with so much on the line? Absolutely no chance.

JohnStephens91
03-05-2012, 06:06 PM
At the last derby I bought a ticket for the Gorgie Road end and it was the worst experience of my life. I had done it to weasel my way out of paying an extra £20 and my goodness how that extra £20 spent would have been heaven. I spent the whole time listening to the old guy I was sitting next to calling Leigh Griffiths a dolphin, Lewis Stevenson a hamster and Graham Stack a beast while the rest of the fans said things like 'why are they singing about paedos when Thomson isn't contracted to us anymore.' I just sat there like a total prat listening to it, and so badly wanting to belt out a Hibs chant but I obviously couldn't. The amount of rubbish they speak during a game is unparalleled and I would strongly discourage anyone from doing it. I have learned the lesson and will not begrudge the extra £20. The area I was in also started chanting 'since 1902' at me when they scored a second and I slammed my seat in disgust and had to walk past a whole row of people. NEVER DO IT, IT IS NOT WORTH IT.

Dashing Bob S
03-05-2012, 06:26 PM
A bunch of us (all Hibs fans) were sitting in the Celtic end at the last Scottish Cup final. It wasn't a good experience, and had we been winning we might have provoked serious bother.

The prospect of doing the same with Hearts supporters is quite frankly, unbearable, particularly on this occasion. I've noticed the tendency amongst certain fans to start scouring around when the game is not going their way, looking for someone to blame it on, who evidently doesn't share their level of misery. Fans can SMELL an infiltrator. Additionally, people will be highly strung, and some of them loaded with alcohol. They do not act rationally in such situations.

The journey to the stadium, then back home to Edinburgh, already has the potential to be marred by serious trouble, possibly to an extent unprecedented in previous derbies.

Without wishing to sound like the police or other authorities, I would strongly advise both sets of fans to keep to their own ends or to stay at home.

truehibernian
03-05-2012, 06:56 PM
I lived with one for around 4 years......spending 90 minutes with them is a cakewalk in comparison :-)

To be honest, most Hearts fans I know are thoroughly decent, but that's the circles I am in. I would say (generally) they are far more arrogant and as a fanbase, are quite unpopular amongst other clubs' fans.

When I grew up, it was Hibs lads who had the style, panache and better grooming. Still had a sh*t team back then, but there was no danger any scarf twirler would grace our presence....Hearts fans were mocked to be honest. Nowt to do with the football.....bizarre, but true.

I find the big team, big cup, Tynecastle twirlygig stuff amusing. Banter is always good amongst my Yam chums. And they are purchasing Pampers Pull-Ups by the boxload, keeking it for the final. 'Cos we're winning it ;-)

Sean1875
03-05-2012, 07:01 PM
No chance id be able to put up with the odour, or be able to restrain myself from celebrating. Would rather sit in a darkened room with no idea what the score was than experience the game surrounded by mutants.

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Was in the Everton end at Wembley in 89, but go in with the Hertz.......................no chance!!!

TheEastTerrace
03-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Not a chance. The biggest derby in history. Either Hibs end or stay at home.

Killiehibbie
03-05-2012, 07:36 PM
A bunch of us (all Hibs fans) were sitting in the Celtic end at the last Scottish Cup final. It wasn't a good experience, and had we been winning we might have provoked serious bother.

The prospect of doing the same with Hearts supporters is quite frankly, unbearable, particularly on this occasion. I've noticed the tendency amongst certain fans to start scouring around when the game is not going their way, looking for someone to blame it on, who evidently doesn't share their level of misery. Fans can SMELL an infiltrator. Additionally, people will be highly strung, and some of them loaded with alcohol. They do not act rationally in such situations.

The journey to the stadium, then back home to Edinburgh, already has the potential to be marred by serious trouble, possibly to an extent unprecedented in previous derbies.

Without wishing to sound like the police or other authorities, I would strongly advise both sets of fans to keep to their own ends or to stay at home.I lasted the first half at that game against Celtic in the South Upper. I managed to get into our end for the second half and felt much better.
If it came to it I would take a ticket but would not enjoy being in there at all and would probably regret it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Ive not read the thread, no.

KingFranck
03-05-2012, 07:41 PM
No way imagine Garry O scoring at their end and giving them it tight and u trying to keep quiet! Also being amongst them while the Hibees are celebrating a cup win! Obviously not guaranteed but possible
Watch it in the house if u can't get a ticket for your own end simples.

seanshow
03-05-2012, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't recommend it I did it Ibrox when it was the only way I was getting to see the game, sat in the middle of the govan stand with my Hibs scarf tied round my waist it wasn't enjoyable.
Even worse we were up 2v1 at one point and went on to lose 4 or 5v2 :rolleyes: I remember Tortolano scored but I'm not sure at what end. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
03-05-2012, 08:08 PM
From someone who at the tender age of 11 mistakenly went into the Huns end at Ibrox in the late 60's and celebrated Hibs scoring (3 times) that wouldn't be a problem.

hibsbollah
03-05-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure if this mate of mine is representative of other Hertz fans...but I wouldnt be surprised if theres s bit of a 'this is what big teams' fans do at finals' fantasism at work. They would LOVE it if they could pretend that our end was full of infiltrators because we couldnt sell our tickets.

greenlex
03-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Naw. I would end up in jail with a banning order.

California-Hibs
03-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Naw. I would end up in jail with a banning order.

This.

Saorsa
03-05-2012, 08:59 PM
I'd rather stick rusty nails in my eyes and bleed tae death than sit with that ****

Bostonhibby
03-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Nope, can barely manage putting up with my Yammish Brother in Law at Xmas and funerals, no chance of sitting with him or his type at a game. Mind you he only ever watches them in the golf club bar.

SaulGoodman
03-05-2012, 09:05 PM
You'd end up getting rumbled when you're sitting in the stand by yourself, surrounded by nothing but smashed up seats because you're waiting for Hibs to lift the cup and all the Yams have left :greengrin

Bostonhibby
03-05-2012, 09:07 PM
I lived with one for around 4 years......spending 90 minutes with them is a cakewalk in comparison :-)

To be honest, most Hearts fans I know are thoroughly decent, but that's the circles I am in. I would say (generally) they are far more arrogant and as a fanbase, are quite unpopular amongst other clubs' fans.

When I grew up, it was Hibs lads who had the style, panache and better grooming. Still had a sh*t team back then, but there was no danger any scarf twirler would grace our presence....Hearts fans were mocked to be honest. Nowt to do with the football.....bizarre, but true.
I find the big team, big cup, Tynecastle twirlygig stuff amusing. Banter is always good amongst my Yam chums. And they are purchasing Pampers Pull-Ups by the boxload, keeking it for the final. 'Cos we're winning it ;-)

Remember it well, I think it was to do with the nylon track suit based clothing - it is definitely popular amongst the Yokels as there's quite a bit in evidence even now and it seems to descend generations.

The trendy effort of a shop they had briefly in the town was full of it. A bit too eastern European for me and there must be quite a bit of static as their trainers are usually plastic - but each to their own :wink:

Oh, and we tended to have our own teeth as well.

basehibby
03-05-2012, 09:09 PM
I have a number of Yamish mates who I would have no problem watching a derby with on an individual level. But the prospect of being imersed amongst 20-odd thousand of them while watching the single most important derby in my lifetime just gives me the boak. Win or lose I wouldn't feel clean for weeks and would stand a high probability of being either physicaly and/or mentally scared by the experience - so it's a massive NOOOOOOOOOOO from me. :jamboak:

SloopJB
03-05-2012, 09:30 PM
I have a good yam acquaintance who has posted desperately on Facebook looking for cup final tickets 'and yes, tickets for the hibs end would be considered'. :dunno:

I pointed out to him the stupidity of even considering this, both from the point of view of getting outed and ejected/kicked to ****, and from the point of view of having to restrain your natural shouting/radging out. Personally, i just wouldnt enjoy sitting in there in the fifth pit of Hell, even if it was the only way i could get a ticket.

Anyone else?
Me and the missus used to go to games with my mate and his missus, we'd alternate which end we went to and it was fine, even when outed the banter was pretty good from both sets of supporters.

We stopped going because of the bile from opposition supporters got ridiculous and it came from the Hibs fans as much as the Hearts.

I've been to Hearts games against different opposition with him and he's been to Hibs games against different opposition with me.

It's fitba ffs

inglisavhibs
03-05-2012, 09:44 PM

Anyone else?
Spoke with two Hibs supporters today who are going to the Hearts end. One will keep quiet but the other one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hibs0666
03-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Remember it well, I think it was to do with the nylon track suit based clothing - it is definitely popular amongst the Yokels as there's quite a bit in evidence even now and it seems to descend generations.

The trendy effort of a shop they had briefly in the town was full of it. A bit too eastern European for me and there must be quite a bit of static as their trainers are usually plastic - but each to their own :wink:

Oh, and we tended to have our own teeth as well.

You've just reminded me of the RR maroon satin (reversible) bomber jacket they disgraced themselves with a few years back. Anyone got a picture of that bad boy?

Glory Lurker
03-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Sat in the yams end at their place when we beat them 3-0 in the cup in '92 and couldn't keep it to myself when the third went in. Got no bother though..... the Youth Cup, that is. The thought of going in with them for anything more serious than that.... no I can't even form the thought (and I wouldn't repeat it even at a youth game.

lyonhibs
04-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Iv not read this whole thread, but I suspect the overwhemling message is constant.

Could you sit with The Filth? Could I f***. Under any circumstances.

Sir David Gray
04-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Absolutely no danger.

It's going to be bad enough for the nerves, sitting in the Hibs end on the 19th, without sitting amongst them.

Albanian Hibs
04-05-2012, 07:27 AM
couldnt do it. there is no way in hell that i could keep quiet.

andy1875
04-05-2012, 08:32 AM
I sat in the Hearts end when we lost 2-1 at Tynie a number of years ago, game when Deek scored a half volley from edge of the box in injury time. Anyhow when Hearts scored their second goal, a Hearts fan lobbed a coca cola juice cup towards the Hibs end (I was sitting in the Wheatfield next to the away end) and said cup smacked a young Hibby no older than 6 or 7 clean in the face. The wee laddie was hysterical and obviously received a fright, not to mention being covered in juice. I sat out the rest of the game raging with this clown and eventually left after about 70mins as I just couldn't handle it anymore. I must have stood out like a sore thumb in hindsight.

Moral of the story, I would NEVER sit with them ever again and would advise any Hibby to avoid it at all costs.

--------
04-05-2012, 08:34 AM

Anyone else?

Realistically, no. Regardless of the score there's no way your face and manner wouldn't give you away, so you're either (a) outed and ejected by the polis - maybe even charged if the polis are in a bad mood; (b) you spend the whole game with THEM gloating over Hibs losing yet another Cup Final; or (c) getting a right kicking after the game as you try to remove yourself from their company so that you can celebrate with the human beings at the other end of the stadium.

I wouldn't have done it even years ago when the feeling between the two supports was a little less hostile than it is today and unsegregated crowds were the norm. The last time I stood in the Jambos end of Tynie was a 3-2 defeat in the 1980's - they had just been promoted back to the SPL - and that was bad enough. When we went 2-1 up a policeman came over and asked me if I wanted out, so he spotted me easily enough. So had the entire Macleod Street crowd. I ended up rather relieved we lost. Would never do it again.

Survived, and filed the experience under "It seemed a good idea at the time, but ..."

dmc1875
04-05-2012, 10:20 AM
couldnt do it. there is no way in hell that i could keep quiet.

I've sat in the Hearts end at one derby before.... I was 15. Couldnt get a ticket for the hibs end and one of my jambo mates had a spare.

It was the 4-4 game. When Townsley scored I jumped up mad, then realised were i was and quickly pretented to berate him for being a clown...

What was worse was when it was 4-2 all my other mates left and I stayed to basque in the jambo fans anguish.. the rest is history :rolleyes:

So I will NEVER go to a derby in the hearts end again!

Phil MaGlass
04-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Done it twice at Ibrox (1st time mistake) as previously mentioned by someone, for a one off game it wouldnt be a problem, ah can fight ma way ootae difficult spots(if needed) but for the Final, in amongst 20,000 ******ed inbreds I would give it a miss and get together with a big group of ticketless Hibs fans and watch it on a big screen. Surprised the club hasnt thought about this and put it on a big screen inside ER, generate more money for the club?

King Paddy
04-05-2012, 09:17 PM
I'd struggle to watch it on the tele with my best mate who's 'one of them' so not a chance I could stand with thousands of Jambos on Cup Final day, no way!

I am having nerves just typing this tonight, doubt i will be able to watch it on the
telly, thinking of taking the dog for a walk over the blackford hills on the 19th. Dreaming,
hoping, wishing, praying, you name it that lady luck shines down on us in our hour of need.
Just could'nt watch or be their it would reduce me to a complete nervous wreck. Every day
i wake up i start to think about it, glad when it's all over one way or the other if you know
what i mean. :confused:

Littlest Hobo
04-05-2012, 09:18 PM
No.

jonny
04-05-2012, 09:30 PM
I'd do it. If there was no other way to be at the cup final then I'd take the risk.
I'd ensure my Hibs shirt was very well hidden underneath a jumper and at the end, once the losers had emptied I'd peel off the jumper to reveal the Hibs shirt and then start dancing around the empty stand celebrating on my own and make asswiping gestures with all the scarves and memorabilia they'd left behind.
Instant fame on the telly and amongst fellow Hibby's.
That's how it happened in my dream anyway...

down the slope
04-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Did it for years when i was younger along with many others , now this might sound nuts to the younger element but at most grounds you changed ends at half time so as to see your team pump plenty goals past the opposition keeper !, hard to believe that's what happened but if you got in late back in the good old days you might find yourself having to stand amongst the other lot . I have to say the Hearts supporters then were not much trouble but if you were at an old firm game then that was different, i was in the Rangers end when Willie Hamilton scored the winner in the 2-1 cup tie and my scarf got stuffed up my jumper rapidly as the Huns were out for blood at the usual odds of fifteen to one !.

TheMentalHibees
05-05-2012, 10:26 AM
I did it once at the PBS. Never again.

Greentinted
05-05-2012, 07:59 PM
For a game of this magnitude? No chance.
In bygone years I've done it but that comes alongside working in the footballing environment for 14 years at both grounds, something inures you to the hostility (which has increased by the year) although I did struggle on a few occasions eventually resulting in taking derby day as a day-off.

Flip it round, if you saw a pal of Yam hued disposition in our end on the 19th - behaving impeccably - would you be inclined to out him/her (even a wee word in banteresque bonhomie to someone in your group) or could you trust yourself to keep shtum?

06-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Not in a million years! Would rather watch at home or in a pub than be in amongst that filth!

joe breezy
06-05-2012, 02:45 PM
I once got tickets for Tynie through my work - was the centre stand, had to get moved at half time due to me and my mate getting angry and verging on abuse with the surrounding bams

I would almost definitely get in a fight if I went into the Hearts end at Hampden, so the answer is a resounding no

blackpoolhibs
06-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Yes, could i stay quiet should we score, thats a different question?

The Green Goblin
06-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Went to pbs hospitality once - never, ever ever again. (ever) and certainly not at the biggest game in Hibs' history. You can only wonder what's going to happen in Edinburgh city centre on the night of the 19th....unfortunately

hailhail22
06-05-2012, 08:52 PM
At the last derby I bought a ticket for the Gorgie Road end and it was the worst experience of my life. I had done it to weasel my way out of paying an extra £20 and my goodness how that extra £20 spent would have been heaven. I spent the whole time listening to the old guy I was sitting next to calling Leigh Griffiths a dolphin, Lewis Stevenson a hamster and Graham Stack a beast while the rest of the fans said things like 'why are they singing about paedos when Thomson isn't contracted to us anymore.' I just sat there like a total prat listening to it, and so badly wanting to belt out a Hibs chant but I obviously couldn't. The amount of rubbish they speak during a game is unparalleled and I would strongly discourage anyone from doing it. I have learned the lesson and will not begrudge the extra £20. The area I was in also started chanting 'since 1902' at me when they scored a second and I slammed my seat in disgust and had to walk past a whole row of people. NEVER DO IT, IT IS NOT WORTH IT.

I done it a few years back at the PBS was sitting in section N and I would never do it again certainly not in the SCF.

hibbiedon
06-05-2012, 08:53 PM
I have known one for years, a good guy who is about 60 years old but speaking to him last week and the pure arrogance of these people really gets to me, to be honest I really wanted to punch his lights out, sitting next to 20,ooo of them no danger