PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon

Spike Mandela
03-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Given 6 match ban(3 suspended) for Hearts game.

No punishment for tweets as SFA couldn't prove he authored them:faf:

Just gave everyone Carte blanche for future tweeting. Get to it PF

hibsbollah
03-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Fenlon has just tweeted 'Jumbo Jeffries is a fat mess' #fatmessgaundoon

yeezus.
03-05-2012, 04:18 PM
I can't stand the guy, I used to feel a bit sorry for him but apparently he was winding up the Hibs fans in the 0-2 defeat first game of the season.

This is good enough for him - but as for the tweets, unless it is an authorized account then I guess anyone would make up a Neil Lennon account.

DarlingtonHibee
03-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Given 6 match ban(3 suspended) for Hearts game.

Just gave everyone Carte blanche for future tweeting. Get to it PF

What a joke _ along with the Huns, makes you wonder why we bother.

I would love the 10 team's to call their bluff and resign, but I can't see that happening - shame....

Sean1875
03-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Im not on twitter so this could be wrong, but if he's considered an Official Lennon twitter account, does he not have to verify this in someway to make it officially him? Therefore even if he didnt write it (which he quite obviously did) then surely he should still be responsible for the output of it?

p.s 1875 posts :partyhibb

hibbysam
03-05-2012, 04:34 PM
How can they possibly suspend three games of it when it's the third time in as many weeks he is in bother? Not forgetting the numerous bans last season.. It should be totting up and up every year!

yeezus.
03-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Im not on twitter so this could be wrong, but if he's considered an Official Lennon twitter account, does he not have to verify this in someway to make it officially him? Therefore even if he didnt write it (which he quite obviously did) then surely he should still be responsible for the output of it?

p.s 1875 posts :partyhibb

Aye, celebrities or their PR men/women have to contact twitter and a wee blue tick will appear which means it's official. Chances are, this one was one of many fakes.

Sean1875
03-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Aye, celebrities or their PR men/women have to contact twitter and a wee blue tick will appear which means it's official. Chances are, this one was one of many fakes.

No im pretty certain this was an 'Official Neil Lennon' one :agree:

yeezus.
03-05-2012, 06:20 PM
No im pretty certain this was an 'Official Neil Lennon' one :agree:

Oh right, sorry, I thought it was a made up one without the blue tick of confirmation :aok:

jacomo
03-05-2012, 07:49 PM

didn't they just ask him?! The media quotes that twitter account as coming straight from the horse's mouth.

greenlex
03-05-2012, 08:02 PM
You know something. There is absolutely no even handed justice from the footballing authorities.
Thi below from Mowbrays time with us. Neither incidents can be compared and the bans are so disproportionate.

Mowbray ban now up to six matches

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41154000/jpg/_41154534_tonymowbray203b.jpg

Hibernian manager Tony Mowbray is to appeal against what he says is now a six-game touchline ban imposed on him by the Scottish FA.

Mowbray believed that he had been given a four-match suspension for being sent to the stand against Motherwell.

But he has now been told that the ban is for six games and aims to contest the last four of those.

Mowbray had viewed the original four-match suspension as unfair but had not planned to appeal.

He had been punished for complaining about the length of time referee Charlie Richmond was taking to implement decisions at Easter Road on 17 December.

There is an automatic two-match ban for a dismissal, plus a further two matches for a run-in with the fourth official.

Mowbray told BBC Sport the ban was "ridiculously over the top" and now believes that an administrative error meant he had been wrongly told the extent of the suspension.

"I'm just very, very disappointed in the whole scenario, really," he said.
"I know the person I am and my temperament and I would not change anything about how things happened on that day."

Mowbray will be in the dug-out for the Boxing Day trip to Inverness but will have to watch the following six matches from the stand.

Lungo--Drom
03-05-2012, 10:04 PM
The thing is, Scottish football and a large proportion of the Scottish media are Weedg-centric. With the recent incitement / Panel-gate affair leaking the SFA panel etc. decisions in favour of the Old Firm are probably only become more obvious cause normal people within various organisations, especially Raith Rovers fans (ahem) won't want their houses, favourite football stadiums etc. burnt down by the lunatic fringe (for Der Huns read 'fringe' as meaning 85%) of either of the OF's support base.

Sigh......

Holmesdale Hibs
03-05-2012, 11:06 PM
The ban is completely disproportionate when compared to Mowbray. Especially as Lennon is a repeat offender.

Anyway, came on here to say one thing and that is Neil Lennon is a cock.

Sylar
03-05-2012, 11:41 PM
There's nothing new to be added really.

He's a c***. His punishment isn't surprising.

There has never, and will never again be a more fitting person to manage Septic Football Club.

Sean1875
03-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Was Derek Adams not given some ridiculously long ban because he was a repeat offender with us? 9 games rings a bell?

muzzhfc
03-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Fenlon has just tweeted 'Jumbo Jeffries is a fat mess' #fatmessgaundoon

you are aware that PF isnt on twitter, offical feed said so the other day . . .

in other news, did anyone see what that rank yam said to nid?