PDA

View Full Version : Fortress ER

Liams
03-05-2012, 03:31 PM
No matter what the outcome of our final and how our season finishes, I really think as a family, that we need to make ER a fortress, like make teams outside the oldfirm and hearts (or even them) get scared to come to us. I mean this season let's face it, the only reason we are in a final and 5points clear of Dunfermline is because of our away form. I really think we can pull together and just be as loud and green as possible. Getting right behind the support when ever we get a corner, and make as much noise when ever there's a foul on one of our players or a penalty appeal. Honestly I really doubt we would be in the bottom six if our home form matched our away! We need to show this on monday! No matter what, get your arse down there and show every other team that we are an spl team and deserve to be the final! Cmon hibs!
GGTTH!

Macaroon
03-05-2012, 03:44 PM
:top marks

iain nolan
03-05-2012, 04:06 PM
cant understand why the team play so bad at easter road . the players have got 2 managers sacked because off this it started with hughes then calderwood and has not got any better under fenlon.
PF has to get this fixed for monday night and next season or we never move forward . i feel the hibs fans
have always give new managers time to get things right and give there 100% backing to the team at ER . every fan on monday night will be up for it lets hope the players are as well .

lets think about next season after the scottish cup as we should have new players:flag: coming in anyway

Sean1875
03-05-2012, 04:11 PM
cant understand why the team play so bad at easter road . the players have got 2 managers sacked because off this it started with hughes then calderwood and has not got any better under fenlon.
PF has to get this fixed for monday night and next season or we never move forward . i feel the hibs fans
have always give new managers time to get things right and give there 100% backing to the team at ER . every fan on monday night will be up for it lets hope the players are as well .

lets think about next season after the scottish cup as we should have new players:flag: coming in anyway

Really..? :Ummm: I've heard players being abused within being on the pitch literally about 6 seconds. Understandable tensions have been high this season but some of the fans attitudes at ER just now is ridiculous.

Dashing Bob S
03-05-2012, 04:12 PM
This hypothesis one is advancing may sound damned pretentious, (has that ever stopped me) but do hear me out. As well as the traditional much mooted reasons for our diabolical record at ER; poor team, bad management, the grumblers amongst our home support putting pressure on the players, I feel that there is an added factor which has been somewhat overlooked.

When we built the East, we weren't just building a new stand, we were completing a new stadium, which has an entirely different look and feel to the 'old' ground. I firmly believe that, despite some the best efforts of many Hibs fans, we have yet to let the soul of the club impregnate the fabric of our new home. Put more prosaically, the fans simply don't properly have their feet under the table, and this sense of alienation transmits to the players.

Other clubs moving to new stadiums have suffered from a similar impact.

I can almost hear the cries of S-H-I-T-E as I type this, but I do believe it has had an effect, albeit one impossible to quantify.

However, this is like 'form' -temporary- as I believe we will shortly commence reaping the benefits and getting the home game premium from our 'classy' new surroundings.

Just Alf
03-05-2012, 06:19 PM
This hypothesis one is advancing may sound damned pretentious, (has that ever stopped me) but do hear me out. As well as the traditional much mooted reasons for our diabolical record at ER; poor team, bad management, the grumblers amongst our home support putting pressure on the players, I feel that there is an added factor which has been somewhat overlooked.

When we built the East, we weren't just building a new stand, we were completing a new stadium, which has an entirely different look and feel to the 'old' ground. I firmly believe that, despite some the best efforts of many Hibs fans, we have yet to let the soul of the club impregnate the fabric of our new home. Put more prosaically, the fans simply don't properly have their feet under the table, and this sense of alienation transmits to the players.

Other clubs moving to new stadiums have suffered from a similar impact.

I can almost hear the cries of S-H-I-T-E as I type this, but I do believe it has had an effect, albeit one impossible to quantify.

However, this is like 'form' -temporary- as I believe we will shortly commence reaping the benefits and getting the home game premium from our 'classy' new surroundings.

Away and SH........ er um....... :wink:

Seriously tho, I heard 2 different managers on the radio this past week saying how much their support helped as a 12th man when the team was needing it..... and it seems we do that "on the road"... just not so much at ER :rolleyes:

PiemanP
03-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Anyone know our home record after the east stand was built? In all competitions i'd be surprised if the wins are in double figures.

Compare this to a season under collins where i'm sure we won something like 13 league games alone at home.

Bring back the terracin :agree:

lord bunberry
03-05-2012, 07:30 PM
I think our home record is so poor because we have for the last three seasons had a poor team and bad managers. When a team is on a bad run confidence is affected and when confidence is low its easier to play a more defensive game and hit teams on the break which is how most teams will approach away games. When we are at home and the onus is on us to make more of the play players tend to be scared to try things and are scared to make a mistake. I think the affect that a few people shouting negative comments has can be overplayed and used as an excuse

Sas_The_Hibby
03-05-2012, 07:31 PM
No matter what the outcome of our final and how our season finishes, I really think as a family, that we need to make ER a fortress, like make teams outside the oldfirm and hearts (or even them) get scared to come to us. I mean this season let's face it, the only reason we are in a final and 5points clear of Dunfermline is because of our away form. I really think we can pull together and just be as loud and green as possible. Getting right behind the support when ever we get a corner, and make as much noise when ever there's a foul on one of our players or a penalty appeal. Honestly I really doubt we would be in the bottom six if our home form matched our away! We need to show this on monday! No matter what, get your arse down there and show every other team that we are an spl team and deserve to be the final! Cmon hibs!
GGTTH!

By the split we'd taken 10 points at home and 17 away, so if our home form had equalled our away we'd have had 34 points which still wouldn't have put us in the top six. Our away form only looks okay in contrast to a shocking home form. It is quite bizarre that we've won 6 league games away and only one at home, but I don't think that's down to the fans not getting behind the team at ER, because I think for the most part we have got behind them.

Liams
03-05-2012, 08:08 PM
I understand a lot could be down to our management and players but honestly I would think if we strung a home win with a away win it would just addd confidence to the stadium, players and to us fans. Take hughes first season upto christmas, we banged in a lot of goals and had an amazing record going (fair enough we had flair and talent but still). As a ST holder for 10years now this season does not match previous but call me stupid or a troll but I feel I've left ER a lot this season saying, we deserved a point or the win (maybe green tinted glasses) but I do feel points have not match performance, we have to make sure on monday that the last game at home ends with a cheer and continues onto next season, we need to believe and not leave with 10mins to go, no matter what the results! Cmon hibs!

Iggy Pope
03-05-2012, 11:02 PM
I understand a lot could be down to our management and players but honestly I would think if we strung a home win with a away win it would just addd confidence to the stadium, players and to us fans. Take hughes first season upto christmas, we banged in a lot of goals and had an amazing record going (fair enough we had flair and talent but still). As a ST holder for 10years now this season does not match previous but call me stupid or a troll but I feel I've left ER a lot this season saying, we deserved a point or the win (maybe green tinted glasses) but I do feel points have not match performance, we have to make sure on monday that the last game at home ends with a cheer and continues onto next season, we need to believe and not leave with 10mins to go, no matter what the results! Cmon hibs!

Not enough of us go. Get the place filled up it will become a fortress. Starting Monday I hope.

basehibby
03-05-2012, 11:36 PM
GGTTH!

:thumbsup: Well said that man!

I think as fans we do have a part to play. This season's poor home form has been mainly due to a mixture of inept performances in the early part of the season, together with a failure to get the rub of the green on a number of occasions. But the atmosphere emanating from the stands has had a part to play with fans tending to get increasingly fatalistic and in some cases downright cantankerous when going a goal down, or edgy and nervous when going a goal up rather than getting excited and pushing the team on to greater efforts. Understandable perhaps considering the nightmarish ever-deepening pile of pish we've endured over the last few years.
But Monday's game should be looked upon as a cup final - there's a massive prize at stake in achieving safety and we need to leave the players in no doubt whatsoever that we're behind them every inch of the way.
This will also be the last chance for many of us to cheer the team on before the real cup final - lets get there in numbers and get the party started early doors!

:flag::flag::pfgwa:flag::flag:

--------
04-05-2012, 09:54 AM
GGTTH!

Not getting at you, but we are NOT a family. We're football supporters. The only thing most of us have in common is Hibs. Thanks to the varying days and times of the matches this year, I couldn't have got to more than half the League games Hibs have played. This was down to work commitments. Sunday games are always out for me, evening games it depends on whether there are meetings scheduled for those particular evenings. This makes it hard to feel part of a 'family', and I'm not flattering myself I'm the only one in this position. Monday night is out for me - I'm working.

Hibs in particular and the SPL as a whole need to waken up and remember that without the fans in the stadium, no amount of TV money will save their hides in the long run. Without bums on seats in the stadiums, Scottish football will surely die. And even bums like me have to be able to organise things like work and family and friends to make sure we can get to games. What's so wrong with 3.00pm on Saturdays?

A bit less of the 'family' talk from the club, and a bit more action on the park and in the board room to sort out the various messes afflicting us would do a lot more good to everyone, IMHO.

However, you make one very good point. If our home form was the same as our away form, we would have 40 points, and depending on which games we had won instead of losing, we would be in 7th or 8th at worst, possibly as you say in 6th. This strongly suggests that the atmosphere and environment at ER this season has had a decidedly negative effect on the team.

silverhibee
04-05-2012, 02:29 PM
GGTTH!

That we should be on the Jeremy Kyle show. :greengrin :cb

Dashing Bob S
04-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Not getting at you, but we are NOT a family. We're football supporters. The only thing most of us have in common is Hibs. Thanks to the varying days and times of the matches this year, I couldn't have got to more than half the League games Hibs have played. This was down to work commitments. Sunday games are always out for me, evening games it depends on whether there are meetings scheduled for those particular evenings. This makes it hard to feel part of a 'family', and I'm not flattering myself I'm the only one in this position. Monday night is out for me - I'm working.

Hibs in particular and the SPL as a whole need to waken up and remember that without the fans in the stadium, no amount of TV money will save their hides in the long run. Without bums on seats in the stadiums, Scottish football will surely die. And even bums like me have to be able to organise things like work and family and friends to make sure we can get to games. What's so wrong with 3.00pm on Saturdays?

A bit less of the 'family' talk from the club, and a bit more action on the park and in the board room to sort out the various messes afflicting us would do a lot more good to everyone, IMHO.

However, you make one very good point. If our home form was the same as our away form, we would have 40 points, and depending on which games we had won instead of losing, we would be in 7th or 8th at worst, possibly as you say in 6th. This strongly suggests that the atmosphere and environment at ER this season has had a decidedly negative effect on the team.

Glad to hear you say that Doddie. The 'family' talk, generated by the club, nauseates me too.

What we actually are, is a rum-guzzling band of swashbuckling, emerald green, dandy pirates, a bit like Adam and Ants but with a nautical bent, raping and pillaging our way west past Harthill services towards our inexorable Hampden destiny.

hibs0666
04-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Putting a lock on the front door would do me for starters.

Just Alf
06-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Glad to hear you say that Doddie. The 'family' talk, generated by the club, nauseates me too.

What we actually are, is a rum-guzzling band of swashbuckling, emerald green, dandy pirates, a bit like Adam and Ants but with a nautical bent, raping and pillaging our way west past Harthill services towards our inexorable Hampden destiny.

Ah ha!.... A theme for the final :-)

Sas_The_Hibby
06-05-2012, 05:18 PM

Now wait a minute, I only signed up for a nice day out on the 19th, with a Vera Lynn singalong, a sandwich, a flask of coffee and some Kettle Chips on the way and perhaps a cream tea on the way home. I'm not sure my over 50 travel insurance even covers me for rum-guzzling, pillaging or swashbuckling....................

jon paul jones
07-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Ah ha!.... A theme for the final :-)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm challenge......................................... ..........................................maybe accepted!

NAE NOOKIE
07-05-2012, 11:17 AM

Aaahrrr ...... That be an interestin' way o' lookin' at things Bob lad.

The trouble be that the queens men are likely to waylay the Earlston Privateer I will be crewin' in calm waters at Harthill island and confiscate the rum.

Without rum to get the crew up for the job all of the pickins in the waters west of Harhill island be not to our taste without the rum to make them look good. That will put paid to any rapin' or pillagin' and make for a lot of sad Hibby pirates.

Aaahrrr ..... The thought be makin' me timbers shiver !!