PDA

View Full Version : Yams 26 years ago today (Sir Albert of Kidd day)

Winston Ingram
02-05-2012, 11:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zynaPt5COmY

:greengrin

Hibercelona
02-05-2012, 11:28 PM
The all mighty big team lifted the double?

Am I right?.... :dunno:

Minder
02-05-2012, 11:37 PM
The all mighty big team lifted the double?

Am I right?.... :dunno:

longer version here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s

Enjoy.
5.25 his holiness arrives.
6.55 number 1
7.40 number 2

We shall never forget.

nonshinyfinish
02-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Congratulations to Hearts on their double win.

matty_f
02-05-2012, 11:47 PM
What's all this about, then?:confused:

HibeeMG
03-05-2012, 01:07 AM
What? Eh?

I don't get it. Is this some kind of cruel joke?

What happened to the double?

JohnStephens91
03-05-2012, 01:11 AM
I wish I was born when this happened, but my dad has told me all about it multiple times. It used to be my favourite story to hear whenever we played FIFA together when I was younger. Can anyone please tell me what you were doing when you heard Albert Kidd had scored the second goal?

broonie27
03-05-2012, 01:24 AM
Those shorts! Quality.

Hibby cal
03-05-2012, 03:27 AM
It was great watching them in tears lol
I'm pretty sure the next home derby
In the program we printed Albert Kidd
Instead of Walter Kidd (was this true)

Hibrandenburg
03-05-2012, 04:17 AM
Got tears in my eyes. Oh the memories. :yamlaugh:

Hibs Class
03-05-2012, 06:48 AM
I wish I was born when this happened, but my dad has told me all about it multiple times. It used to be my favourite story to hear whenever we played FIFA together when I was younger. Can anyone please tell me what you were doing when you heard Albert Kidd had scored the second goal?

Pretty sure I was still celebrating his first one.

MUPPET
03-05-2012, 06:50 AM

At Easter Road watching Hibs Dundee Utd. I think united scored to go 2-1 up but the Hibs end were still celebrating ! Brilliant

Hibernia Na Eir
03-05-2012, 06:50 AM
Never ever forgotten.....
AK. The Legend!!!!!!

Barney McGrew
03-05-2012, 06:52 AM
Pretty sure I was still celebrating his first one.

:top marks

LancsHibs
03-05-2012, 07:00 AM
Happy Sir Albert Kidd day :thumbsup::not worth

frazeHFC
03-05-2012, 07:08 AM
:lolyam: :thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-05-2012, 07:46 AM
At Easter Road watching Hibs Dundee Utd. I think united scored to go 2-1 up but the Hibs end were still celebrating ! Brilliant

Aye, thats how I remember it too, total confusion on the ER pitch as Hibs fans appear to be celebrating a Utd goal, and then it all made sense! I had just switched on my wee personal radio standing on the east to hear "and Kidd scores" queue a bit of panic until the name Albert soon follows!

bingo70
03-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Can't post a link as on my phone but Ian Murray wishing everyone a happy Albert Kidd day on Twitter.

Greentinted
03-05-2012, 07:54 AM

I was 17 and working my Saturday job at Safeway (Morningside), hanging around the tranny (radio, no the store manager) in the back store amongst some splendid examples of increasingly crestfallen petted-lipped Yamboid colleagues.
Later that very evening I was to be found doing an enthusiastic drunken Dashing White Sergeant in the Sheraton Fountain after last orders in Lord Toms.
Halcyon days indeed.

Greentinted
03-05-2012, 07:56 AM
Can't post a link as on my phone but Ian Murray wishing everyone a happy Albert Kidd day on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/#!/IanMurray6 :greengrin

Bostonhibby
03-05-2012, 08:01 AM
There's been so many along the way that I tend to forget which one is which. Is this the Champions League win, or something else? Hopefully someone will be able to clarify for me.:greengrin

lyonhibs
03-05-2012, 08:39 AM
https://twitter.com/#!/IanMurray6 (https://twitter.com/#%21/IanMurray6) :greengrin

Rightly putting some of those Jambo plums in their place as well :agree:

IWasThere2016
03-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Sir Albery Kidd, Hibs Legend :not worth

03-05-2012, 09:20 AM
:not worth:not worth:not worth

BurghHibby
03-05-2012, 12:59 PM

Driving home from work through Millerhill, just about crashed the car when the second goal went in!

Diverted straight to the pub, Skippers in Musselburgh run by Jackie Mac and Ralph Callachan, and stayed there all night - and what a night it was!
:flag:

suavegav
03-05-2012, 01:08 PM

I was in the old east terrace when i looked over to the main stand and everybody was goin mental. The news filtered over to the east and all my mates all started doing to conga down the steps and along the touchline. Then we all left and ran to the nearest bookies or pub to see the scores on the tele. Wot a day. BARRY!

Hank Schrader
03-05-2012, 01:13 PM

neilmartinrocks
03-05-2012, 02:16 PM

I was jumping up and down in the Derry. Best non hibs game i ever went tae.
Still mind a mob o' yams outside in provost road greetin their wee eyes oot.

Backto my roots
03-05-2012, 02:20 PM
God bless you St Albert where ever you are!

Barman Stanton
03-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Wishing all the Jambos a Happy Sir Albert day : )

HibeeMG
03-05-2012, 02:36 PM

:top marks

One Day Soon
03-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Sniff, sniff. I smell Yam.

Why are so many supposed Hibs supporters who are registered members of .net so keen to rub in our faces their doing the league and cup double in 1986? Its bad enough having to endure the constant parading of Gary MacKay and his medals every time we play them at Tynie, surely there's no need to allow these posters to wind us up here too?

Yams over on brokebank must be enjoying this hugely. Will we never live this down?

Sean1875
03-05-2012, 05:04 PM
God bless him :not worth

Bostonhibby
03-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Sniff, sniff. I smell Yam.

Why are so many supposed Hibs supporters who are registered members of .net so keen to rub in our faces their doing the league and cup double in 1986? Its bad enough having to endure the constant parading of Gary MacKay and his medals every time we play them at Tynie, surely there's no need to allow these posters to wind us up here too?

Yams over on brokebank must be enjoying this hugely. Will we never live this down?

:agree: Another thing I have never really understood is why Milligan and the rest of the Hertz cooncilors have singularly failed to erect any form of monument to mark their achievement, and indeed those of the man himself.

Some sort of statue right next to the one marking the war that they won, or maybe on a giant plinth on Gorgie road? They are normally only too keen to throw Edinburgh tax payers money at their team so this one does seem odd. Maybe we should have a whip round?

JohnStephens91
05-05-2012, 06:44 AM
I was just listening to my iPod on shuffle on the way home last night and thought this was maybe a fitting song to be played in every home on Sir Albert Kidd day. The first two lines are magic and the fact it is called 86 is brilliant as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXWQHjhdeGk