PDA

View Full Version : Jorge claros

Hibeesmad
02-05-2012, 10:41 PM
How did he do tonight?

California-Hibs
02-05-2012, 11:22 PM
From what ive read on the rating thread's he appears to of had a pretty decent game tonight. Can anyone who was there give us abit more info? I'm hoping he did have a good one and that he can build on it on Monday night and cement his place in the team for the Cup Final and play a vital role in us lifting it! :agree:

The Harp Awakes
02-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Can't comment on tonight's game but have watched the Cup Semi v Aberdeen a good few times and there's no doubt Claros' contribution has been pretty much overlooked. He played very well in the 1st half and sprayed passes around the pitch with ease.

Claros will be a big player for us next season IMO.

ArmadaleHibs
02-05-2012, 11:43 PM
I was there and there were moments when he was ok bordering good. But there were many moments more were he was bad bordering terrible. He looks so out of place at times. I'm not one for digging at players and he did play his part tonight, but I'm still to be convinced

dmc1875
03-05-2012, 12:42 AM
I was there tonight and thought he was ok. He hides at times and some of his slide challenged were great ad others terrible!

One thing about him though when everyone around him was panicking he was one cool head who would control and pass rather than just lump away anywhere.

I think he looks a player, worthy of a start in that hibs team IMO. Him
and soares in particular have clearly got ability it's just seein it on a consistent basis...

bingo70
03-05-2012, 06:43 AM
Claros and Ozzie has got to be our centre mid partnership for the remainder of the season imo.

Deano_70
03-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Claros and Ozzie has got to be our centre mid partnership for the remainder of the season imo.

100%. If we had a couple of wingers then we would have a very exciting midfield, unfortunately we struggle to link the midfield and attack up due this shortage.

Last night should be the wake up that all the Lewis Stevenson lovers need. Claros and Ozzie are how a central midfield should play

Hainan Hibs
03-05-2012, 08:21 AM
I thought he was pretty good last night, better than other times I've seen him, and glimpses of why he was nicknamed pitbull.

As said before when there were signs of panic in the team he was calm and cleared our lines numerous times.

IFONLY
03-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Thought he was very good last night, I think we seen a bit of why Rangers wanted to sign him. His passing was mostly spot on and he made a few telling tackles. Defo his best game in a Hibs shirt IMO

Craig_in_Prague
03-05-2012, 08:37 AM
I've liked him a lot from what I've seen; I think the hype on deadline day set him up too much... but his calmness certainly is something I appreciate and I am surprised at the stick he often gets. Even in the semi final I thought he played well, I'd have him in the team on 19th May; a cool head on the big stage is important.
Looking forward to seeing more of him in the new season, think he'll have settled even more and a pre-season under his belt etc, could be POTY next year... (though we will lose him when, Jan?)

hibee_girl
03-05-2012, 08:44 AM
I didn't see him play last night but I think over the last few weeks he's got better with every game

shagpile
03-05-2012, 11:10 AM
How did he do tonight?

He did well. I think he is still struggling with the fact that in british football, you get closed down in your own half of the field. He will be used to having space in which to do pretty much as he pleased.
Once he gets to grips with that fact, he will be a big asset.

7heaven
03-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Jorge Claros is a class player with a bit of dig as well.
Played really well last night, in the last minute or so he made a great tackle at the farside corner.

allmodcons
03-05-2012, 11:37 AM
I was there and there were moments when he was ok bordering good. But there were many moments more were he was bad bordering terrible. He looks so out of place at times. I'm not one for digging at players and he did play his part tonight, but I'm still to be convinced

Agree. Real mixed bag from Claros last night and how he got the name 'pit bull' just bewilders me.

allmodcons
03-05-2012, 11:43 AM
I thought he was pretty good last night, better than other times I've seen him, and glimpses of why he was nicknamed pitbull.

As said before when there were signs of panic in the team he was calm and cleared our lines numerous times.

Have to disagree with you here Hanian. He made 2 good sliding challenges but, otherwise, didn't win any 50/50's.
As for him being calm!! In the final 30 minutes our whole team were panicking, Claros included, what we severely
lack at the moment is someone who is willing to take the ball in and play when we're under pressure (no way did
Claros do that during the final 30 minutes of last night's game).

Hermit Crab
03-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Played well last night but sometimes had to do the work of 2 players due to Soares doing hee haw.

judas
03-05-2012, 11:59 AM
100%. If we had a couple of wingers then we would have a very exciting midfield, unfortunately we struggle to link the midfield and attack up due this shortage.

Last night should be the wake up that all the Lewis Stevenson lovers need. Claros and Ozzie are how a central midfield should play

100% correct in my view. LS not as good as the other 2 in my view. Would be interested to see that stats on LS in the team vs wins for Hibs this season.