PDA

View Full Version : Poll - Riordan or Griffiths? Who is better

MontrealHibs
02-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Whois the better player?

nonshinyfinish
02-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Griffiths has the talent to be better, but he's a young man yet. Deek is the 3rd top all-time scorer in the SPL, and a good number of those goals were of astonishing quality.

Sammy7nil
02-05-2012, 10:34 PM
NO CONTEST

Deek by a country mile.

Come back in 100 goals and we can discuss again :cb:cb:cb

Minder
02-05-2012, 10:40 PM
NO CONTEST

Deek by a country mile.

Come back in 100 goals and we can discuss again :cb:cb:cb

Anyone have comparable stats for DR when same age as LG is now?

Sammy7nil
02-05-2012, 10:42 PM

Nope but my eyes tell me Deek was a better player.

Scouse Hibee
02-05-2012, 10:42 PM
It's a no brainer, at this moment in time Griffiths is a far better player as Deek is finished in the top flight.

Sammy7nil
02-05-2012, 10:44 PM
It's a no brainer, at this moment in time Griffiths is a far better player Deek is finished in the top flight.

:agree::greengrin:greengrin

Malthibby
02-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Deeks was/is the better player but all that matters is that Griffiths is with us Mr Riordan is not. He is therefore the guy we need to support & comparisons with Deeks are not relevant.
GG

Part/Time Supporter
02-05-2012, 10:49 PM

Griffiths is now 21 years and 8 months old and has scored 51 league goals (mainly in the First Division).

By the time Riordan had reached that age (September 2004), he had scored 25 league goals, mainly in the 2003/04 SPL season (his first as a regular player).

yeezus.
02-05-2012, 10:52 PM
I wouldn't say it's a no contest, Griffiths is good but Riordan is Riordan :flag:

hibee_girl
02-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Riordan is the better player, he's just too lazy to really reach his full potential.

Broken Gnome
02-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Riordan, but Griffiths will go further.

500miles
02-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Griffiths is a much more complete player. He is more combatative, hard working, quicker, and with time, he'll score just as many.

Winston Ingram
02-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Whois the better player?

Really?

Deeks in his 1st spell but then again Van Zanten could have rivalled him for his 2nd

Hibercelona
02-05-2012, 11:26 PM
If I was offered a direct swap, I wouldn't take it.

Leigh has the potential to be something more, as long as he doesn't waste himself with the drink and fish suppers.

edinburghhibee
02-05-2012, 11:28 PM
I choose DR and only because I've seen more of Deek. I've only seen Sparky for this season, however I would say if Sparky was to sign with us for 3 years or so I think he has the talent and finishing ability to match if not better Deek's record.

Starting on Monday would be fine Sparky.:aok:

mca
02-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Cany mind what game it was was but the "Open all Mics" was on.... someone cam on and said that "Riordan" for saint johnston had just dribbled the ball for about 30 or 40 yards... and fired a shot off just over the bar !!

i was just wondering if this was the same guy who had played for hibs ??? :dunno:

I would rather have griff in the team right now tho..

deek has to prove himself again at the professional level.. and im sure his nightclub ban ends soon !!

Sean1875
02-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Deeks. Easy.

Billy Whizz
02-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Maybe put up the thread again in 5 years time and we'll see. Riordan is a Hibs goals scoring legend, Griffiths although a good player, has to add goals to his game

silverhibee
02-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Cany mind what game it was was but the "Open all Mics" was on.... someone cam on and said that "Riordan" for saint johnston had just dribbled the ball for about 30 or 40 yards... and fired a shot off just over the bar !!

i was just wondering if this was the same guy who had played for hibs ??? :dunno:

I would rather have griff in the team right now tho..

deek has to prove himself again at the professional level.. and im sure his nightclub ban ends soon !!

I doubt it, its a life ban. :rolleyes:

silverhibee
02-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Maybe put up the thread again in 5 years time and we'll see. Riordan is a Hibs goals scoring legend, Griffiths although a good player, has to add goals to his game

:agree:

Strange thread, and no offence to the OP meant by saying that, Deek has scored over 100 goals for the club, as you say open this thread up again in a few years time if Sparky is still with us. :aok:

silverhibee
02-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Really?

Deeks in his 1st spell but then again Van Zanten could have rivalled him for his 2nd

Top goal scorer twice out of the 3 seasons he was here and 17 goals when Stokes got 21 the other season, and don't forget about the assists he got as well, you make out he was crap in his second spell which is not true, you are clouded by his last six months at the club, and the fact that you really don't like him at all. :agree: :aok:

frazeHFC
02-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Riordan is, and for at least the near future, will be my favourite Hibs player i have ever seen. Some of his goals were just unreal! :thumbsup:

mca
02-05-2012, 11:54 PM
I doubt it, its a life ban. :rolleyes:

naw - apparently you can get your solicitor to appeal the ban if you have been a really good boy for anywhere between 3 and 5 years.. :wink:

and its the same for so called "lifetime" football banning orders - you can appeal them after 2 years...

does anyone know if deek has been trouble free for 3 or 5 years tho ??

JohnStephens91
03-05-2012, 12:03 AM
naw - apparently you can get your solicitor to appeal the ban if you have been a really good boy for anywhere between 3 and 5 years.. :wink:

and its the same for so called "lifetime" football banning orders - you can appeal them after 2 years...

does anyone know if deek has been trouble free for 3 or 5 years tho ??

He came into the pub I work in a few weeks ago and he was with his friends and surprisingly Deek wasn't the one causing any bother and he was telling his mates to shut up and stop acting like tools. Not sure if it was a one off though, I doubt he has reformed that much.

Saying that though I voted for him in this poll because he has a great goalscoring record with us, but Griffiths has to keep working hard and add more goals into his game. I'm sure if he stays with us and we get a good creative midfielder he will score a fair few goals for us as he has great potential.

silverhibee
03-05-2012, 12:31 AM
He came into the pub I work in a few weeks ago and he was with his friends and surprisingly Deek wasn't the one causing any bother and he was telling his mates to shut up and stop acting like tools. Not sure if it was a one off though, I doubt he has reformed that much.

Saying that though I voted for him in this poll because he has a great goalscoring record with us, but Griffiths has to keep working hard and add more goals into his game. I'm sure if he stays with us and we get a good creative midfielder he will score a fair few goals for us as he has great potential.

Do you work in Rose Street by any chance. :wink:

A family man now. Just out having a few drinks with mates, no harm in that.

JohnStephens91
03-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Do you work in Rose Street by any chance. :wink:

A family man now. Just out having a few drinks with mates, no harm in that.

Close but no cigar. I work in Mathers at the West End just opposite Ryan's Bar. Usually a lot of Yams frequent in there, especially before their home games, but fortunately I'm usually at the Hibs games and miss what they have to say. But Deeks was in and was actually being a decent guy, heard some horror stories about him so it will take more than that to change my view on him.

Holmesdale Hibs
03-05-2012, 06:37 AM
At this moment in time, Griffiths.

Griffiths is marginally better now than Riordan was during his second spell at Hibs but has alot of work to do before he's as good as Riordan under Mowbray. There's still time though and the fact this questions being asked shows Griffiths must be doing something right.

shagpile
03-05-2012, 06:46 AM

You could say Riordan has to add workrate to his game?

Steve20
03-05-2012, 06:48 AM
It's not even close. Deeks easily.

7 Hills
03-05-2012, 07:15 AM
Much as I Love him, I can't believe that Deeks is winning the poll so far! Both players are exceptionally similar in style, but Leigh has, by far, the better work ethic and that's what swings it for him IMHO!

David@EasterRoad
03-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Deek better player and goalscorer.

But griffiths has something about him, could win us the cup and become a legend.

Beefster
03-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Hopefully, Griffiths sees this thread and it shows him just how important he is to us and how much we appreciate him....

Incidentally, comparing the two of them right now, Griffiths is evidently the better player.

Pretty Boy
03-05-2012, 07:57 AM
Deek for now.

If Leigh gets his head down, world hard a d shows ambition then he has the potential to do more in the game.

Elephant Stone
03-05-2012, 08:04 AM
At the moment it's got to be Griffiths. All the people voting Riordan would rather have Riordan in the team than Griffiths just now?

Robinho08
03-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Deeks easily.

However would take Leigh over Deek now as he's quite a bit younger.

500miles
03-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Leigh took a while to get bedded in at hibs, and he's in a poorer team. Griffiths would get 20 goals a season no problem in the team Derek did.

stanton53
03-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Griffiths is a much more complete player. He is more combatative, hard working, quicker, and with time, he'll score just as many.

Totally agree,we could do with a team of likeminded players as Griffiths at the moment,his workrate is superb and makes up for any faults that he may have.

LeithBoozy
03-05-2012, 10:48 AM
They are/were both great players, but deek wins it for me. He only ever gave the get-it right-up you sign to the Jambo's, while Leigh !!! :wink:

ScottB
03-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Hopefully, Griffiths sees this thread and it shows him just how important he is to us and how much we appreciate him....

Incidentally, comparing the two of them right now, Griffiths is evidently the better player.

This.

Comparing current Leigh to younger Deek is pointless. In the here and now, I can't believe anyone would pick Deek. Has he even kicked a ball for St Johnstone much less score a goal? Heavy dose of the green tinted specs.

silverhibee
03-05-2012, 11:00 AM
You could say Riordan has to add workrate to his game?

Yep, he got all these assists and goals by just standing in the same spot all the time for games, his workrate and movement is there that's how he is 3rd all time SPL top goal scorer.

Sparky just needs to add about 90 plus goals to his game to be up there with Deek. :aok:

silverhibee
03-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Totally agree,we could do with a team of likeminded players as Griffiths at the moment,his workrate is superb and makes up for any faults that he may have.

Wee wouldn't have a team right now though if they were all likeminded like Griffiths, everyone would be suspended for making stupid gestures all the time.

Leigh looks a very good prospect and if he sticks in yes he could become a very good player.

Maybe as good as Deek. :wink:

silverhibee
03-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Leigh took a while to get bedded in at hibs, and he's in a poorer team. Griffiths would get 20 goals a season no problem in the team Derek did.

How can you tell that, do you drive a Delorean car or something like that, or own a tardus. :confused:

Tha Cabbage Kid
03-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Riordan, but Griffiths will go further.

griffiths is at wolves so has the oppertunity to go further. where as riordan is finishing up.
if only deeks took the chance to follow o'connor to loko who knows what would have happened.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Derek has already done it as far as Hibs are concerned, Leigh is on loan, so, will probably fulfil his potential elsewhere, if he manages to score in Hibs win on the 19th they will both go down as Hibs legends though.

Andy74
03-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Griffiths has a contract with an EPL team and is currently playing and scoring regularly in the SPL. Griifiths the better player just now.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Dont think poll states better player now. You could say the same about Leigh and Maradona! ;-)

Andy74
03-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Dont think poll states better player now. You could say the same about Leigh and Maradona! ;-)

It asks who IS better. Maradona is probably still better than both of them!

HibbyAndy
03-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Riordan.

Beefster
03-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Griffiths has a contract with an EPL team and is currently playing and scoring regularly in the SPL. Griifiths the better player just now.

By a stretch. As much as I appreciate him for what he did for Hibs, Riordan's barely kicked a ball in 18 months.