PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen 1-2 Hibs - Player Ratings

Northernhibee
02-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Home from the game, coffee on the stove, time for a player ratings thread.

Brown - 6 - Thought he sometimes let himself be bullied when the penalty box was crowded, couple of good saves.

Kujabi - 7 - Good movement and pace, can sometimes be caught napping at the back but overall pretty good.
Hanlon - 9 - Rock solid.
O'Hanlon - 9 - Couple of shaky moments but otherwise fantastic, spoke to the players around him throughout and a great goal to top it off.
Doherty - 7 - Did what he needed to do.

Claros - 8 - Really staking a claim for a permanent starting place in the team, some lovely passes.
Soares - 5 - Needs to get stuck in more.
Ozzy - 6 - Moments of great play, but also needs to find consistency in his passing.
Francomb - 7 - Played well, fought well.

O'Connor - 8 - Won a lot on the night. His Saving Private Ryan dive in the first half was ****ing hilarious.
Griffiths - 9.5 - Hugely dangerous in the first half hour, made sure he didn't do anything stupid after that.

Subs:

O'Donovan - 4 - Had time to make an impression and simply didn't
Wotherspoon - 5 - Didn't have much to do
Sproule - 6 - Found space, didn't make the most of it

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-05-2012, 10:01 PM

Brown - 6 - Thought he sometimes let himself be bullied when the penalty box was crowded, couple of good saves.

Kujabi - 7 - Good movement and pace, can sometimes be caught napping at the back but overall pretty good.
Hanlon - 9 - Rock solid.
O'Hanlon - 9 - Couple of shaky moments but otherwise fantastic, spoke to the players around him throughout and a great goal to top it off.

Claros - 8 - Really staking a claim for a permanent starting place in the team, some lovely passes.
Ozzy - 6 - Moments of great play, but also needs to find consistency in his passing.

O'Connor - 8 - Won a lot on the night. His Saving Private Ryan dive in the first half was ****ing hilarious.
Griffiths - 9.5 - Hugely dangerous in the first half hour, made sure he didn't do anything stupid after that.

Subs:

Except stick the ball in the net from 6 yards.

Thanks for the ratings bud.

:aok:

yeezus.
02-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Completely agree apart from Soares, he really looked like he didn't care tonight.

Griffiths was fantastic 9.5 is about right for him, he was all over the sheep and his fancy footwork didn't end up landing him in trouble either. I was puzzled at Fenlon's choice of substitutes but nevertheless it was a great result.

Hainan Hibs
02-05-2012, 10:05 PM

:faf:

He'll dive when he wants, he'll dive when he waaaants, GARRY O'CONNOR, he'll dive when he wants!!!

Was almost on the floor when he went down and that chant started two seconds later :faf:

Johnny_Leith
02-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Brown 6 - good save from aarnason

Doherty 6 - held his position well and won everything in the air
O'hanlon 8 - great header for the goal and solid throughout, well played big man!
Hanlon 9 - best I've seen him play in a long time some great headers in the box and a great defensive performance
Kujabi 7 - solid

Soares 6 - needs to get stuck in more but great on the ball
Claros 7 - bit inconsistant but a good influence all round
Ozzy 5 - some good moments, some terrible moments and more bad than good tonight
Francombe 6 - fought well but caught dwelling on the ball and some poor deliveries tonight

Gazz 6 - didn't do much but we missed him when he went off.
Sparky 8 - created both goals and was class in the first half but saw less of the ball in the 2nd.

Subs: spoony 4 - won some good free kicks but missed a good chance
Rod - fought well but no real impact 3
Sproule should have taken the ball into the corners on occasion 3

TornadoHibby
02-05-2012, 10:26 PM

Hanlon - 9 - Rock solid.

Subs:

That's his biggest weakness IMO! He isn't interested in the physical aspect of the game or of tracking back or tackling an opponent but he does have ability! :agree:

Problem is we rarely see the ability due to the lack of effort and physical commitment! :agree: :confused:

GreenPJ
02-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Brown - 6
Docherty - 6
Hanlon - 8
Ohanlon - 8
Kujabi - 6
Claros - 5.5
Osbourne - 8
Soares - 0
Francombe - 5.5
Oconnor - 2
Griffiths - 8

Odonovan - 2
Sproule - 1
Wotherspoon - 4

GreenPJ
02-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Brown 6 - good save from aarnason

Doherty 6 - held his position well and won everything in the air
O'hanlon 8 - great header for the goal and solid throughout, well played big man!
Hanlon 9 - best I've seen him play in a long time some great headers in the box and a great defensive performance
Kujabi 7 - solid

Soares 6 - needs to get stuck in more but great on the ball
Claros 7 - bit inconsistant but a good influence all round
Ozzy 5 - some good moments, some terrible moments and more bad than good tonight
Francombe 6 - fought well but caught dwelling on the ball and some poor deliveries tonight

Gazz 6 - didn't do much but we missed him when he went off.
Sparky 8 - created both goals and was class in the first half but saw less of the ball in the 2nd.

Subs: spoony 4 - won some good free kicks but missed a good chance
Rod - fought well but no real impact 3
Sproule should have taken the ball into the corners on occasion 3

How on God's earth did soares score anything more than 1 never mind a higher rating than Ozzy. For most of the game he was the only midfielder

Johnny_Leith
03-05-2012, 12:28 AM
How on God's earth did soares score anything more than 1 never mind a higher rating than Ozzy. For most of the game he was the only midfielder

Can't remember soares giving the ball away once. Ozzy had plenty bad passes, long aimless punts forward and should have tested the keeper when he had a chance in the first half.

Soares also helped in the first goal. Didn't think ozzy was on his game today.

Aldo
03-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Team game for me and a victory at the sheep when we are in this position will do for me.

Well done to everyone. Pressure on Pars on Mon night to come out and try and win it. Draw no good to them.

allmodcons
03-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Team game for me and a victory at the sheep when we are in this position will do for me.

Well done to everyone. Pressure on Pars on Mon night to come out and try and win it. Draw no good to them.

Totally agree, some were better than others on the night but it is, and HAS TO BE, a team game.
Players are defo feeling the pressure though. Started off really well and took a merited 0v2 lead. Should
have put the game beyond Aberdeen early in 2nd half, but let them back in with another soft goal. After
that, anybody (and there was a few) who been putting a foot on the ball and looking for a pass started
to panic and we reverted to hoofball. Scary to watch with 30 minutes to play and cleary shows that the
whole team are feeling the pressure.

It would be nice to see someone at the back or in midfiled keep a calm head when things are going against
us but, at this moment in time, we do not have anybody in our side who looks capable of keeping a calm head
under pressure.

Aldo
03-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Think we'll see McPake come in on Monday and once safe rested for the final. Was listening to game last night and tbh we should of been at least 3 up by half time.

A draw is enough on Monday night but we should go for the jugular and get stuck right in about them. Obviously with the fans right behind the TEAM from start to finish.

R'Albin
03-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Brown 6 - Good save of Arnason but look dodgey for a couple of crosses

Doherty 6 - Did his job well enough
O'Hanlon 9 - Unbelievable performance, him and Hanlon were under so much pressure in the second half and coped brilliantly, great communication as well
Hanlon 8 - See O'Hanlon, was great in the air and looks a totally different player now.
Kujabi 6 - Often gets caught out of position but player well last night, decent attacking full back

Soares 3 - Can't believe some of the high ratings for him, contributed nothing and put in no effort
Claros 7 - Played well, I think he struggles a bit playing the role he does when we make so little movement, great composure and tackles though
Ozzy 6 - Puts his foot on the ball and tries to do something with it instead of just kicking it anywhere, same as above though team lack movement
Francombe 5 - Good effort, not much worked for him last night though

O'Connor 3 - When he doesn't score he usually doesn't contribute much else
Griffiths 9 - Great attacking play and led pretty much every attack we had, he had an amazing touch and shot in the first half with 3 defenders around him

ROD 3 - Not a fan. Don't think he offers much to be honest, didn't win anything up front.
Wotherspoon 3 - Didn't do much of note apart from squander that chance
Sproule 5 - Couple of good runs and balls in the short time he had to make an impact

I didn't think we were great last night if I'm honest. After we went 0-2 up our midfield disappeared. We had the same issue again that whenever Ozzy or Claros seem to have the ball and want to make a pass there is absolutely nobody moving. Our defence bailed us out numerous times. Some good individual performances although we don't seem to play well as a team - which is fair enough considering our first team is basically loanees.

Great battling performance and an amazing travelling support. We deserved what we got tonight.

GreenPJ
03-05-2012, 12:51 PM

It is a player ratings thread. My concern is that some of those players on that performance would mean we might do enough to avoid relegation but there is definitely a hidiing coming by Hearts. We had 3 or 4 passengers last night and if Fenlon has the same opinion and not kick ass or drop some of them then we don't stand a chance.

I took an American guy along to the game for his first taste of proper football and his comments were, that number 13 doesn't do anything and no 9 is really slow and heavy.

dmc1875
03-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Brown 6 - Good save of Arnason but look dodgey for a couple of crosses

Doherty 6 - Did his job well enough
O'Hanlon 9 - Unbelievable performance, him and Hanlon were under so much pressure in the second half and coped brilliantly, great communication as well
Hanlon 8 - See O'Hanlon, was great in the air and looks a totally different player now.
Kujabi 6 - Often gets caught out of position but player well last night, decent attacking full back

Soares 3 - Can't believe some of the high ratings for him, contributed nothing and put in no effort
Claros 7 - Played well, I think he struggles a bit playing the role he does when we make so little movement, great composure and tackles though
Ozzy 6 - Puts his foot on the ball and tries to do something with it instead of just kicking it anywhere, same as above though team lack movement
Francombe 5 - Good effort, not much worked for him last night though

O'Connor 3 - When he doesn't score he usually doesn't contribute much else
Griffiths 9 - Great attacking play and led pretty much every attack we had, he had an amazing touch and shot in the first half with 3 defenders around him

ROD 3 - Not a fan. Don't think he offers much to be honest, didn't win anything up front.
Wotherspoon 3 - Didn't do much of note apart from squander that chance
Sproule 5 - Couple of good runs and balls in the short time he had to make an impact

I didn't think we were great last night if I'm honest. After we went 0-2 up our midfield disappeared. We had the same issue again that whenever Ozzy or Claros seem to have the ball and want to make a pass there is absolutely nobody moving. Our defence bailed us out numerous times. Some good individual performances although we don't seem to play well as a team - which is fair enough considering our first team is basically loanees.

Great battling performance and an amazing travelling support. We deserved what we got tonight.

On Soares I think when he has the ball he very rarely loses it. Good on the ball especially going forward. When he doesnt have the ball, absolute passenger.

I thought O'Connor (albeit slowly) chased and harried far more than he has in previous weeks. Looked up for it although you could tell he was still a bit under the weather.

Roy O'D gets a bit of unfair flack I think to be honest. He was getting balls pumped up at him for him to control, thats not what he's about. He clearly has a good turn of pace and causes defenders a load of problems because he's a nuisance. Playing up front with a big man he would be alright I reckon.

R'Albin
03-05-2012, 01:08 PM
On Soares I think when he has the ball he very rarely loses it. Good on the ball especially going forward. When he doesnt have the ball, absolute passenger.

I thought O'Connor (albeit slowly) chased and harried far more than he has in previous weeks. Looked up for it although you could tell he was still a bit under the weather.

Roy O'D gets a bit of unfair flack I think to be honest. He was getting balls pumped up at him for him to control, thats not what he's about. He clearly has a good turn of pace and causes defenders a load of problems because he's a nuisance. Playing up front with a big man he would be alright I reckon.

I agree on all those. Soares clearly has talent but puts in nowhere near enough effort and yesterday contributing nothing, should have been hooked at half time IMO.

O'Connor did put in the effort but didn't really do much, yeah it was understandable considering he was ill.

Once again fair point with regards to ROD, he didn't get anything to his feet the entire time he was on. Still yet to be impressed by him though, he's quite pacey but I don't think he's that much of a nuisance, still hasn't really had much time to impress so I'm not going to write him off but I'm not fussed for him really.

Billy Whizz
03-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Brown 7, apart from one good save in the 2nd half had very little to do
Docherty- 7 good 1st half and got forward
O'Hanlon - 8 best game in a Hibs jersey
Hanlon - 8 my star man last night
Kujabi - 7 defended well in the 2nd half
Soares - 6. There's definitely a player in there and I can see why Fenlon is persevering with him, different to all the other midfielders we have
Claros - 7 tenacious in the 2nd Half
Osbourne - 8 thought he drove forward well
Francomb - 7 put in a lot of work
O'Connor -7 worked hard in 1st half and won a few headers
Griffiths - 8 a constant threat
Subs
Wotherspoon -6 wasn't on long
O'Donnovan - 6 chased without much luck
Sproule -6

All in all a terrific 1st half performance but dug in during the 2nd
Fans -9
I think we're a better counter attacking team, hence the better results away from home. I'll take this sort of performance on Monday