PDA

View Full Version : What would you want Hibs to do for next season!

MrSmith
02-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Firstly, I am assuming Hibs will still be in the SPL and secondly, in order of priority or what you deem most important?

For me:

1. Retain Pat Fenlon

2. Players in early

3. Full pre-season with new players

4. This really goes with 2 but, ensure said players can play and want to play for the club!

5. Instill Hibernian FC in to said players!

6. More fan interaction

Go for it!

HibbyAndy
02-05-2012, 05:00 PM
How about win one home game at a weekend ?...Utterly embarrassing that we have went the WHOLE season and not won a single game at Easter Road over a weekend. A truly pathetic stat.

lyonhibs
02-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Retain the Scottish Cup.

HibeeEmma
02-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Retain the Scottish Cup.

Get in 3 experienced key players
Hold onto McPake

frazeHFC
02-05-2012, 05:07 PM
I want to see a home win in the league. Not seen one in 15 months cos i missed St J. Beat Hearts (in SPL obviously, as we will have beaten them in the cup).

CMac1988
02-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Firstly, I am assuming Hibs will still be in the SPL and secondly, in order of priority or what you deem most important?

For me:

1. Retain Pat Fenlon

1.5. Get McPake signed up on a 2-3 year deal!

2. Players in early

4. This really goes with 2 but, ensure said players can play and want to play for the club!

6. More fan interaction

Go for it!

Fixed! :wink:

vercol36
02-05-2012, 05:11 PM
1 - Sack wee Fenlon, get in big Collins and Yogi as management team.

2 - Sign Deano.

3 - Sign Zouma.

4 - Sign McPake.

5 - Get rid of Griffiths, sign a player with more tactical appreciation.

6 - Win big cup (again).

7 - Come second/third (third if Rangers are still with us.)

c31
02-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Get a manager who can attract some decent players and have some idea how to play them, as this Fenlon has managed to make Calderwood's team look good. Looking back to McLeish era when we were in a similar situation the first thing he did was to get some decent players in to the team & low n behold it worked....

Speculate to accumulate, take a chance that signing some decent players will improve the team, not some out of favour players from lower league English clubs, players that have proved themselves, players from some of our rivals perhaps. The players at Hibs just now are the worst I have seen in over 40 years.

Sell the club back to fans like me have been faithful for years and are now totally pissed off with the way the club has gone from a forerunner in all different areas to one that is useless in all areas.

The Board - make public the clubs stance against the SPL issues, i.e huns cheating for years, hertz signing players when they can't pay their current crop, KO times, fight for the fans loud and proud don't just allow all other teams to take the piss like what is happening now, bunch of yellow bellies...

Smaller things, Cat B games move all away fans to the back of the South Stand, Cat A games have the tanoy drowning them out when ever they start their sectarian chants, constantly tell them to sit down, things like that to annoy them.

Stop all the fancy add ons to season tickets, improving the team and winning games will sell the tickets,

loads of others......

frazeHFC
02-05-2012, 05:29 PM

We would be doing just as bad imo.

Wotherspiniesta
02-05-2012, 05:29 PM

2 - Sign Deano.

3 - Sign Zouma.

4 - Sign McPake.

6 - Win big cup (again).

You're kidding, right?

Craig_in_Prague
02-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Have a competitive team, play some nice football but can mix it up as needed, a good -if not strong- home record, at least 1 derby win, top 6 finish.
(Good cup runs if possible, if we win the SC this year, I will forgive them for failing on that front, for many more years to come)

This should be the basic (minimum), every season.

vercol36
02-05-2012, 05:36 PM
You're kidding, right?

No way. Griffiths is not a gifted player, he can't dribble without falling over his own feet and his eye for goal is poor compared to some of the strikers we have seen at Hibs. Yes, he scores goals for us, but so could many other players who don't act like little pr*cks and know how to control a football.

Yogi and Collins to kick some sense into the little primadonnas. Good old fashioned, hard-man management.

frazeHFC
02-05-2012, 05:43 PM
No way. Griffiths is not a gifted player, he can't dribble without falling over his own feet and his eye for goal is poor compared to some of the strikers we have seen at Hibs. Yes, he scores goals for us, but so could many other players who don't act like little pr*cks and know how to control a football.

Yogi and Collins to kick some sense into the little primadonnas. Good old fashioned, hard-man management.

Your off yer head.

Hibercelona
02-05-2012, 05:43 PM

Yogi wasn't a "hard man", he was a "bully". Theres a difference.

There's no doubting that Griffiths is behind in maturity for his age and needs to improve on that. His ability and enthusiasm however goes well beyond that of a 21 year old. He's proven that he's able to score in big games under pressure and even although last game wasn't a great game for him, you could easily see how passionate he felt, even if he does overreact.

He's a very good player, but still with plenty of room and time for improvement.

Wotherspiniesta
02-05-2012, 05:45 PM

Probably the silliest things I've read on here. And there's been a lot of drivel posted on here. :hnet:

Sylar
02-05-2012, 05:45 PM

The mind truly boggles. Having said that, I know a few Toronto fans, and they too know sweet FA about football.

Stevo1875
02-05-2012, 05:48 PM

2 - Sign Deano.

3 - Sign Zouma.

4 - Sign McPake.

6 - Win big cup (again).

:taxi

Bostonhibby
02-05-2012, 05:49 PM

For me:

1. Retain Pat Fenlon

2. Players in early

6. More fan interaction

Go for it!

:agree: only the opposite of the last 3 seasons, shouldn't be that difficult given how long we have been trying the alternative.:wink: simples

1987green
02-05-2012, 05:49 PM

Please tell me you are at the lash. Hard man management from Yogi the man that let Deeks and co walk off training coz they didn't like his style and methods. The man with NO PLAN B when plan a aint workin. I've been to see Livi since they took over and yes they try to play "Fitba the rite way and gave it a rite gid go" but there is times when you have to clear your lines and times to play slick pass and move but Yogi insists that they play it out all the time. Not the answer to our massive problems at the moment.:pfgwa

SouthEnglandHib
02-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Do a 'friend for a fiver'

Every Season Ticket Holder brings a friend who pays a fiver for the game (regardless of age)

Tell away fans to sit but let home fans stand.

Sammy7nil
02-05-2012, 05:51 PM

For me:

1. Retain Pat Fenlon

2. Players in early

6. More fan interaction

Go for it!

If we get relegated I would keep Pat Fenlon it would however not be a Priority

Bostonhibby
02-05-2012, 05:52 PM

2 - Sign Deano.

3 - Sign Zouma.

4 - Sign McPake.

6 - Win big cup (again).

Thank you for joining us - this is a football forum, one day we may do Ice hockey :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
02-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Spend £20 on Silver polish.

Get in some players with proven SPL experience and keep McPake.

Be able to promote at least one player from the youth team

Learn how to win more than 1 game in 10

Beat the Yams at least once at ER.

Vote against anything that puts any form of newco current buns back into the SPL and make it public that we did.

Move the singing section to the bottom deck of the FF

Ask JK Rowling to geez a sub from her £600,000,000 fortune ... she seems to like Auld Reekie and she owes us one for making the baddies in Harry Potter wear green & White scarves. :greengrin

SunshineOnLeith
02-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Be better at football.

02-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Get a squad together, a mix of experienced and young players that are pumped up and wanting to fight for the club. We need players who understand the importance of derby games and don't bottle it every time, like so many of our previous teams have done.

We need to build a strong defence, starting with permanently signing James McPake. We also need a better midfield and a Ian Black type player who can make the killer passes and dominate the midfield.

madabouthibs
02-05-2012, 07:41 PM
A season where we could justify having that wonderful stadium, and perhaps fill the place a couple of times.

20k for a good old ding dong Derby match, and beating them by any score would do me nicely.

Reduced walk up prices for kids with full paying adults.

Top 6 challenge throughout the season.

Spend some money that we don't have, worry about it later. :greengrin

vercol36
02-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Ooof gettin a bit of a bollocking here. Fact is.... both Yogi and Collins' teams were better than this lot (marginally, in Yogi's case). And both men have been doing an alright job with Livi, in a competitive league, with limited resources.

And for anyone to hold up Griffiths as this shining beacon of a striker has clearly forgotten some of the wonderful strikers we have had over the years. When he gets the ball, I do not feel confident. Do any of you?!?!? He trips over the ball all the bloody time, and is pretty poor at passing.

semaj64
02-05-2012, 07:48 PM
A good run in Europe

finish 2nd in SPL

Just Alf
02-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Be better at football.

and win

:pfgwa

Speedway
02-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Ooof gettin a bit of a bollocking here. Fact is.... both Yogi and Collins' teams were better than this lot (marginally, in Yogi's case). And both men have been doing an alright job with Livi, in a competitive league, with limited resources.

And for anyone to hold up Griffiths as this shining beacon of a striker has clearly forgotten some of the wonderful strikers we have had over the years. When he gets the ball, I do not feel confident. Do any of you?!?!? He trips over the ball all the bloody time, and is pretty poor at passing.

If Yogi was still at Hibs and this thread had appeared at would have read:

1. Retain our 1st division status

Paddy needs to do one thing and one thing alone next season, he needs to deliver a Hibs that are 'Style with Steel'

nonshinyfinish
02-05-2012, 07:52 PM
League title.

Franck Stanton
02-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Being realistic, I would be happy with a quality keeper, two quality midfield players, signing McPake, Griffiths on permanent deals.

neilmartinrocks
02-05-2012, 08:14 PM

2 - Sign Deano.

3 - Sign Zouma.

4 - Sign McPake.

6 - Win big cup (again).

8. wake up and smell the coffee

Cocaine&Caviar
02-05-2012, 08:20 PM
1. McPake
2. Griffiths
3. O'Connor
4. Murray Davidson
5. Hayes
6. Swanson
7. Right Back
8. Goalkeeper

ronaldo7
02-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Forget East Mains.

Practice, practice, practice, at Easter Road....We might win a game.

Macaroon
02-05-2012, 09:18 PM

For me:

1. Retain Pat Fenlon

2. Players in early

6. More fan interaction

Go for it!

1. Sign James McPake on a bazillion year contract.

2. Retain Leigh Griffiths

3. Do whatever possible to sign Dean Shiels

4. Sign Johnny Hayes/Danny Swanson if Hayes is unavailable.

5. Do not, under any circumstances, release a mint green strip of any form.

6. Try to sign experienced, Proven SPL striker. (Fletch will do fine :cb) Such as Riordan (Have a gut feeling).

7. Prepare the team thoroughly with tough pre-season and stop this bloody cake-day-on-friday nonsense and start putting men on the park instead of wee sissy girls

8. Finish in top 4/5, where this club belongs.

muzzhfc
02-05-2012, 09:19 PM

you do know collins team was really mowbreys team (cup winners). collins team that he signed was awful. we were heading for bottom 6 until mixu came in (possibly the only good thing he done as manager)

If Yogi was still at Hibs and this thread had appeared at would have read:

1. Retain our 1st division status

Paddy needs to do one thing and one thing alone next season, he needs to deliver a Hibs that are 'Style with Steel'

a team of mcpakes is what i believe you are looking for?

Be better at football.

not aiming for the stars, but i like it

League title.

ill have some of whatever your smoking

Minder
02-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Pass the ball on the ground, score goals and win at home !

Thump the fuds (at least once and I mean thump them 5,6 or.. ).

Loan some of our under 18's to Govan Utd so they can get game time in the third division.

Progress in Europa League beyond qualifying stages.

Ban weejie media sycophants.

JohnStephens91
03-05-2012, 01:32 AM
1. Sign a creative midfielder.
2. Sign a midfielder who can score goals.
3. Sign another striker who can score a few goals.
4. Add to the backline with McPake coming in on a permanent deal.
5. Offer more incentives to park bums on the green seats at Easter Road.
6. Have an 'Open Day' where the fans can come with their kids to meet players at Easter Road.
7. Finish well clear of the bottom, even finishing 8th will be fine as long as it is a stepping stone.
8. Win at least 50% of our home games.
9. Score a goal against Hearts in the league that is from our own player.
10. Beat Hearts home and away.
11. Tam McCourt to get in more photos. :aok:

Hibrandenburg
03-05-2012, 05:47 AM
1. Visit the Rangers memorial monument and pay the appropriate respect.

2. Re-fill our bladders in anticipation of a similar visit to the HOMFC memorial.