PDA

View Full Version : chris killen

hibeequinn
02-05-2012, 04:01 PM
was just watching some vids of chris killen a was just wondering would anybody have him back at hibs a thought when he was there he was a good player fair enough he left to go to celtic but i would have him back in a heartbeat

Pretty Boy
02-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Who's he playing for these days?

Based on a few years ago then yes I'd have him back. However if his many injuries have caught up with him then no thanks.

.Sean.
02-05-2012, 04:05 PM
No thanks.

Using **** who jumped ship at the first chance, with a glass knee and the wrong side of 30. I'll pass.

hibeequinn
02-05-2012, 04:08 PM
he plays for chongging in china played 4 scored 3 we have had some good players in the past and the old firm have stole them from under our noses cause they posed a threat a hate the old firm with a passion

The Sea-gull
02-05-2012, 04:14 PM
16 goals in 25 games must, in strike rate terms, make him one of the best goal scorers we have had.

He was in fine form from what I remember just before he got injured in a cup game up at Pittodrie and that was him, never played for us again.

If he had played the rest of that season and continued his form, not only would we have won the League cup, there was a good chance we would have got to the Scottish cup final too and finished third in the league. That's how much I think we missed him.

Don't really blame him for going to Celtic. He had no affinity with the club and yes, we did look after him when he was injured but I think most contracts will stipulate that you must pay an in contract player when he is injured. How many of us, if we were a footballer playing in a foreign country, would turn down the chance to play for a bigger team and double/triple our salaries.

CK of 2006 playing for Hibs - yes absolutely. CK since then hasn't done anything so not someone who excites any more.

02-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Was a good player for us when fit and got quite a few goals but far to injury prone for my liking.

DH1875
02-05-2012, 04:31 PM
No thanks.

Using **** who jumped ship at the first chance, with a glass knee and the wrong side of 30. I'll pass.

How did he use us? Celtic offered him a 3 year deal on more money than the 1 year deal we offered. Like you said, he had a dodgy knee. What would you have done in his position?

Was a cracking player for us and his record is up there with the best of them. Would I have him back though, NO.

Nando™
02-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Let's remember that Killen did not 'jump ship' to Celtic.

We only offered him a one-year deal due to how injury prone he was and he rejected and was all set to sign for an English team (Cardiff) before Celtic came in at the last possible minute.

HibbyAndy
02-05-2012, 04:34 PM
He did us a turn and left for pastures new, So what?.

Chris Killen was good for Hibs and we were good for him.

Hibercelona
02-05-2012, 05:23 PM
He did us a turn and left for pastures new, So what?.

Chris Killen was good for Hibs and we were good for him.

Would take Killen and even that fud Stokes back in a heartbeat.

Both lazy injury prone bassas, but you'd be looking at 40-50 goals a season between them.

Bostonhibby
02-05-2012, 05:33 PM
He'll be chasing the cash now, used us for that, we got about as much from him as he got from us. Nae loyalty but why should there be. Had a real purple patch for us but gone and in a lot of respects forgotten, hibs player, never, never a hibby.

The_Exile
02-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Chris Killen is/was an excellent striker, similar in style to Sandaza, was always in the right place at the right time, would easily, very easily, hit 20 goals a season if fit (IMO no chance of him playing a full season), plus the way he left us left a bitter taste.

Gettin' Auld
02-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Let's remember that Killen did not 'jump ship' to Celtic.

We only offered him a one-year deal due to how injury prone he was and he rejected and was all set to sign for an English team (Cardiff) before Celtic came in at the last possible minute.
Has Cardiff moved from Wales?

Craig_in_Prague
02-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Fenwick, Matty Jack and Killen as the spine to the team, with Ian Murray breaking through at some point.

lyonhibs
02-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Fenwick, Matty Jack and Killen as the spine to the team, with Ian Murray breaking through at some point.

Doing a great job in the u-19's, must be due a debut in the 1st team at some point :agree::agree:

neilmartinrocks
02-05-2012, 08:08 PM
**** him get mair loyalty fae a red setter.