PDA

View Full Version : Question If there's a public sale................

lyonhibs
02-05-2012, 10:45 AM
........ which I think there will be (my maths being 8k ST holders = 8000, + (say) 6k ST for next season already - whether renewing or new = 6000, + Members (1-2k absolute max) = 2000, = 16,000 tickets, leaving about 4k for a public sale - are those numbers bonkers or massively flawed??

Assuming the "public sale" isn't actually a total free-for-all, but rather resticted to database members, do you think database members who already have a ticket, either as a member, a ST holder or a "+1" of a renewing ST holder be allowed to call up and try to get some for non-database mates/soon-to-be mates??

In theory, this shouldn't be possible as everyone's details that submits before 5th May will be "in the system" as already having a ticket, but I have my doubts about the reliability of said "system" at the Hibs TO.

I'd expect "Group Leaders" and people who actually paid for tickets with their own account to be "red flagged" in some way, but I was thinking that if people fortunate enough to a) be on the database and b) already have a ticket via one of the 3 possible "priority" routes could join the scramble and get tickets, that this would be a great way to get tickets for those lunatics already spending thousands of pounds just getting to Scotland, but who - for obvious distance reasons - may not have been to a game at ER (or at least have bought from the Hibs TO as opposed to PATG) for a few years, and therefore won't be on the database.

Thoughts??

easty
02-05-2012, 10:52 AM
There's nae 'if' about it, there will be a public sale. You can totally understand Hibs saying there are 200 tickets available for pay at the gate fans, they're doing what they should be doing and trying to sell as many season tickets as possible. There will be at least 2000 in the public sale in my opinion.

How they decide to go about selling them is another matter, perhaps those on the database will get priority but I wouldnt be surprised if it was just a free for all.

hibbymac
02-05-2012, 10:52 AM
........ which I think there will be (my maths being 8k ST holders = 8000, + (say) 6k ST for next season already - whether renewing or new = 6000, + Members (1-2k absolute max) = 2000, = 16,000 tickets, leaving about 4k for a public sale - are those numbers bonkers or massively flawed??

Assuming the "public sale" isn't actually a total free-for-all, but rather resticted to database members, do you think database members who already have a ticket, either as a member, a ST holder or a "+1" of a renewing ST holder be allowed to call up and try to get some for non-database mates/soon-to-be mates??

In theory, this shouldn't be possible as everyone's details that submits before 5th May will be "in the system" as already having a ticket, but I have my doubts about the reliability of said "system" at the Hibs TO.

I'd expect "Group Leaders" and people who actually paid for tickets with their own account to be "red flagged" in some way, but I was thinking that if people fortunate enough to a) be on the database and b) already have a ticket via one of the 3 possible "priority" routes could join the scramble and get tickets, that this would be a great way to get tickets for those lunatics already spending thousands of pounds just getting to Scotland, but who - for obvious distance reasons - may not have been to a game at ER (or at least have bought from the Hibs TO as opposed to PATG) for a few years, and therefore won't be on the database.

Thoughts??

I don't think you needed to put any details for a +1, I think you only needed to tick the form saying existing ST and tick for renewed ST, then put 2 in the number of tickets required. ... I could be wrong. :greengrin

lyonhibs
02-05-2012, 10:56 AM
I don't think you needed to put any details for a +1, I think you only needed to tick the form saying existing ST and tick for renewed ST, then put 2 in the number of tickets required. ... I could be wrong. :greengrin

As I was the "+1" I never filled in the form.

Now you mention it, I needed to give my mate my details as he was filling out "my" Members form for that ticket to go to another mate (who now owes me many pints). I think Hibs will have my details that way, but not as the "+1" on my renewing ST mate's form.

Loopholes, dear Watson, loopholes!!!

Time will tell mind you.

GGTTH

jgl07
02-05-2012, 10:56 AM
There's nae 'if' about it, there will be a public sale. You can totally understand Hibs saying there are 200 tickets available for pay at the gate fans, they're doing what they should be doing and trying to sell as many season tickets as possible. There will be at least 2000 in the public sale in my opinion.

How they decide to go about selling them is another matter, perhaps those on the database will get priority but I wouldnt be surprised if it was just a free for all.

I would guess that the police would object to that.

Imagine a group of Yams queuing to buy tickets in the Hibs end. You cannot buy a ticket for an SPL derby match without being on the database so why change things for a SC match?

lyonhibs
02-05-2012, 11:02 AM

Imagine a group of Yams queuing to buy tickets in the Hibs end. You cannot buy a ticket for an SPL derby match without being on the database so why change things for a SC match?

I think a highly selective random Hibs-related questionnaire handed out in the queue would sort that out.

a) Which Hibs left back was reknowned for his ambitious cross-field passes and luxuriant hair?
b) What meal was served Chez Petrie on the infamous "Night of the Flipchart" in 2007

etc etc

GreenCastle
02-05-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm curious to see the lengths people are going to go to get themselves a ticket - what time they would start lining up outside the ticket office.

I can see a campsite outside ER appearing :greengrin

As a season ticket holder I hope there is a public sale for others to get a chance but hope they all end up in fans hands who deserve them :agree:

Weir7
02-05-2012, 11:06 AM

For cup final you didn't have to state who your extra ticks was for. Shows you how much a nonsense that if your not on database you don't get a tick for cat A games

easty
02-05-2012, 11:07 AM
I think a highly selective random Hibs-related questionnaire handed out in the queue would sort that out.

a) Which Hibs left back was reknowned for his ambitious cross-field passes and luxuriant hair?
b) What meal was served Chez Petrie on the infamous "Night of the Flipchart" in 2007

etc etc

:greengrin

I prefered Zambernardi as a centre half.

easty
02-05-2012, 11:08 AM

Well I'm on the database so if they do it that way, I'm happy.

DH1875
02-05-2012, 11:35 AM
I think there will be a public sale and 4k sounds about right :agree:. I'd seriously doubt you'll be able to get one if your not on the database though. If some bloke can just walk up and get a final ticket and yet some other bloke can't get into ER next season for a game cause he's not on the database seems a bit daft to me.

MacBean
02-05-2012, 11:53 AM
IF there is a public sale, will I be able to buy them online from the comfort of my office?:cb

Ross4356
02-05-2012, 12:31 PM
I plan to fire down 8 hours before the shop opens which I reckon will be around 1am. If you are not on the db you will not be allowed to buy a ticket. Get yourself down over the weekend and get on the db when you buy your Dunfermline ticket

Franck is God
02-05-2012, 12:35 PM
I suppose those not on the database better get themselves along to the Dunfermline game in the most important game of the season then.

DH1875
02-05-2012, 12:37 PM
I plan to fire down 8 hours before the shop opens which I reckon will be around 1am. If you are not on the db you will not be allowed to buy a ticket. Get yourself down over the weekend and get on the db when you buy your Dunfermline ticket

If there's only 200, I'd be down well before that :agree:.

lyonhibs
02-05-2012, 12:41 PM
If there's only 200, I'd be down well before that :agree:.

If there's genuinely only 200 (and as discussed, that's highly unlikely to end up being the case) then I'd - genuinely - bring a tent, provisions and sleeping bag after you finish work the day before.

silverhibee
02-05-2012, 12:48 PM

Thoughts??

The club kept behind around 1000 tickets for players and staff as well.

HH81
02-05-2012, 12:53 PM

1000 seems a bit high? What they going to do with all them.

DH1875
02-05-2012, 12:56 PM

And the Hibernians scheme and the 600/700 hospitality tickets the club sold. Could be looking at as low as 2k for the public sale :dunno:.

easty
02-05-2012, 01:07 PM

ebay?:wink:

Lungo--Drom
02-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Brilliant!

That's cheered me up no end whilst sitting on the windy and cold platform at Leuchars train station! :)

I think a highly selective random Hibs-related questionnaire handed out in the queue would sort that out...

...b) What meal was served Chez Petrie on the infamous "Night of the Flipchart" in 2007...

GreenCastle
02-05-2012, 01:16 PM
IF there is a public sale, will I be able to buy them online from the comfort of my office?:cb

You would think so - all the out of town Hibs fans wouldn't be able to get to ER to pitch their tents out to wait for the sale.

lyonhibs
02-05-2012, 01:46 PM
And the Hibernians scheme and the 600/700 hospitality tickets the club sold. Could be looking at as low as 2k for the public sale :dunno:.

2k,3k,4k potato, potatoe, tomato, tomatoe (spelling issues intentional)

What's pretty much a racing certainity that there will be somewhat more than 200 tickets for the "public" (However Hibs end up defining that)

DaveF
02-05-2012, 02:15 PM
You would think so - all the out of town Hibs fans wouldn't be able to get to ER to pitch their tents out to wait for the sale.

Peg selling hobo's live in Caravan's dontcha know? :greengrin

andrew70
02-05-2012, 02:17 PM

some are selling for a profit

TornadoHibby
02-05-2012, 02:24 PM
:greengrin

I prefered Zambernardi as a centre half.

Aye but his signature diagonal left foot long passing wasn't as effective from there! :wink: :greengrin

silverhibee
02-05-2012, 02:42 PM

Every squad player gets X amount of tickets, then Hibs have gave each youth player two tickets, this i think goes down to Under 12s then there is the staff who will probably get 2 tickets each as well, then as we have seen ex players are also getting tickets through the club also, i would also say that some staff may get more than two tickets, plus Board members will also get X amount of tickets too, and finally Hibs will keep some tickets back to give to folk as well for favours and looking after certain folk, ie agents scouts that may do some work for Hibs folk like that.

silverhibee
02-05-2012, 02:43 PM
some are selling for a profit

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

bawheid
02-05-2012, 03:02 PM

Tough. There's no way I'm camping out all night only to find someone's ordered the last two from the comfort of their own wifi. It'll have to be queuing only!

easty
02-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Tough. There's no way I'm camping out all night only to find someone's ordered the last two from the comfort of their own wifi. It'll have to be queuing only!

When you're in your tent how you going to see me skipping you in the queue? :greengrin

andrew70
02-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Yes, I know a couple of players and phoned both up to try and help a few non ST holding mates only to be asked for obscene amounts.

bawheid
02-05-2012, 03:28 PM
When you're in your tent how you going to see me skipping you in the queue? :greengrin

Don't you worry, I've got marksmen in strategic lofted positions all the way along Albion Place... :cb

JimBHibees
02-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Yes, I know a couple of players and phoned both up to try and help a few non ST holding mates only to be asked for obscene amounts.

Thats shocking and should be reported.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Every squad player gets X amount of tickets, then Hibs have gave each youth player two tickets, this i think goes down to Under 12s then there is the staff who will probably get 2 tickets each as well, then as we have seen ex players are also getting tickets through the club also, i would also say that some staff may get more than two tickets, plus Board members will also get X amount of tickets too, and finally Hibs will keep some tickets back to give to folk as well for favours and looking after certain folk, ie agents scouts that may do some work for Hibs folk like that.

I was told that 1st team players had the option of buying up to 30 tickets each.

silverhibee
02-05-2012, 03:55 PM
I was told that 1st team players had the option of buying up to 30 tickets each.

I really don't have a problem with that as long as they were buying the tickets for friends and family to come watch the game, have heard that one player has managed to get a ridiculous amount of tickets, yeah he has paid for them but i think he is being a bit greedy.imo

lyonhibs
02-05-2012, 04:07 PM
This thread has rather gotten away from the original point of it :greengrin

1) Do we think that - if there is a public sale - folk who already have tickets will be detected and not permitted any more and...

2) Assuming the above doesn't happen - either partially or at all - would it not be a good "Hibby family" style idea to set up some kind of "Online Ticket store" (dedicated sticky or sub-forum??) where those on the database who get spare tickets and would happily sell them on to non-database members from afar can do do so (on a first come, first served, face value only basis. As any Admin would doubtless remind you, this ain't e-Bay :greengrin)

The exact scale of any public scale and morality of players flogging them on for big bucks can - and doubtless are - being debated at great length elsewhere

:rules: :greengrin

JeMeSouviens
02-05-2012, 04:41 PM
This thread has rather gotten away from the original point of it :greengrin

1) Do we think that - if there is a public sale - folk who already have tickets will be detected and not permitted any more and...

2) Assuming the above doesn't happen - either partially or at all - would it not be a good "Hibby family" style idea to set up some kind of "Online Ticket store" (dedicated sticky or sub-forum??) where those on the database who get spare tickets and would happily sell them on to non-database members from afar can do do so (on a first come, first served, face value only basis. As any Admin would doubtless remind you, this ain't e-Bay :greengrin)

The exact scale of any public scale and morality of players flogging them on for big bucks can - and doubtless are - being debated at great length elsewhere

:rules: :greengrin

1) no
2) no

lyonhibs
02-05-2012, 04:47 PM
1) no
2) no

Succint and to the point.

I like it :aok: