PDA

View Full Version : Zouma does a Tevez

RickyS
01-05-2012, 09:11 PM
not seen posted anywhere else, apologies if i have missed it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2137048/Middlesbrough-sell-Merouane-Zemmama.html

01-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Poor show from Zemmama if true. Would have him back at hibs in a minute though! His free kick against Southampton the other week to score the winner was fantastic. I remember him scoring a similar goal at ER, can't remember who it was against though.

Littlest Hobo
01-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Zouma flattered to deceive, never kicked a ball for us.
Very disappointed the way his Hibs career went to say the least.

Northernhibee
01-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Mind the last time we took a story from the Daily Mail at face value?

Macaroon
01-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Very arrogant player but one we should take back in a heartbeat should the opportunity arise. Exactly what we need at the minute. May be a blessing in disguise as larger clubs may be put off by this.

HibbyAndy
01-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Poor show from Zemmama if true. Would have him back at hibs in a minute though! His free kick against Southampton the other week to score the winner was fantastic. I remember him scoring a similar goal at ER, can't remember who it was against though.

Aberdeen.

hibsbollah
01-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Its the Daily Mail. Theyve had more out of court settlements than Nade's had KFC Bargain Buckets. Wait and see what Boro say.

HibbyAndy
01-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Ill see your Zoumer and raise you Dean Shiels....Hibs should move heaven and earth in the summer to bring Deano back!

essexhibee
01-05-2012, 09:26 PM
On his day the guy was one of the best in the league and untouchable. Some of the stuff he did was unreal. Backheel flick at dunfy. Destroying rangers on their own patch. During the start of the Hughes era he was different class.

Oh to have his creativity back.

jgl07
01-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Its the Daily Mail. Theyve had more out of court settlements than Nade's had KFC Bargain Buckets. Wait and see what Boro say.

Were they not responsible for the 'Griffiths will never play for Hibs again story'?

Dinkydoo
01-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Very arrogant player.

Can't remember Zouma ever being that arrogant to be honest, sure you're not thinking of Benji?

Jonnyboy
01-05-2012, 09:33 PM

Weird thing to say

Goal against Hearts for a starter and other instances of brilliant play in the posts above

Hainan Hibs
Favourite Zemmama moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiHzjde0vgk

Wish the players could take note of the tackles being put in at the beginning of that move, some of that for the 19th of May please:agree:

Dinkydoo
Were they not responsible for the 'Griffiths will never play for Hibs again story'?

Yea, after he headbutted Fenlon and punched Brown :faf:

Jonnyboy
01-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Favourite Zemmama moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiHzjde0vgk

Wish the players could take note of the tackles being put in at the beginning of that move, some of that for the 19th of May please:agree:

Superb goal, excellent commentary :wink: :greengrin

Nando™
01-05-2012, 09:39 PM
The Daily Mail.

Broken Gnome
01-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Zemmama never kicked a ball for Hibs??!

Dearie me. He never kicked enough, granted, but to say that...

01-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Superb goal, excellent commentary :wink: :greengrin

Good goal to put us 2-0 up. Just a shame we went on to blow that two goal lead :rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
01-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Good goal to put us 2-0 up. Just a shame we went on to blow that two goal lead :rolleyes:

:agree:

Craig Gordon pulled off an Absolute world class save to get a finger to a Rob Jones header that was net bound all the way till this freak stopped it with seconds remaining!!! Absolute worldy.

nonshinyfinish
01-05-2012, 09:49 PM

Absolute nonsense.

01-05-2012, 09:54 PM

Craig Gordon pulled off an Absolute world class save to get a finger to a Rob Jones header that was net bound all the way till this freak stopped it with seconds remaining!!! Absolute worldy.

Yep remember that well, I was out my seat thinking it was in. Magnificent save tbf to him!

zlatan
01-05-2012, 09:56 PM

Best save I've ever seen in the flesh.

Rivers Cuomo
01-05-2012, 10:04 PM

Agreed :agree:

ian cruise
01-05-2012, 10:06 PM

one of the best saves i have seen, i was running around the pub celebrating like a loony when an old geezer stopped me and told me.

Sammy7nil
01-05-2012, 10:06 PM
IF True it is an outrage and he should be emptied quicker than quick.

HibbyAndy
01-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Yep remember that well, I was out my seat thinking it was in. Magnificent save tbf to him!

Jones bulleted that header to the top corner and CG somehow had the audacity to keep it out, Another Derby where we battered Hearts by the way and ended up with only a draw, Ring any bells?...They are getting done in the SC Final:agree:

zlatan
01-05-2012, 10:22 PM
It seemed like it was going to be heading for a DVD type scoreline after ten minutes. Then Zibi came out to play...

01-05-2012, 10:26 PM
It seemed like it was going to be heading for a DVD type scoreline after ten minutes. Then Zibi came out to play...

Yea I was getting excited thinking I was about to whiteness another 6-2. Who scored the first goal for hibs again btw?

zlatan
01-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Yea I was getting excited thinking I was about to whiteness another 6-2. Who scored the first goal for hibs again btw?

Christopher Killen

dmc1875
01-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Christopher Killen

Zouma scored the first, Killen got the second

01-05-2012, 10:33 PM

I'm sure Zouma got the second.

HibbyAndy
01-05-2012, 10:34 PM

Zoumer took the piss out Gordon before rolling the ball into the net. ANOTHER Derby we let slip.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-05-2012, 10:59 PM
We watched that game in The Globe in Amsterdam on the way back from Ukraine, pub was full of Scousers who proceeded to rip the pish out the 2 of us 'cos of the state we got ourselves in after that save!

snooky
01-05-2012, 11:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM1UiRbShM8

1.50 min into this vid. :not worth

zlatan
01-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Ahh, them were the days. Remember a game we beat St Mirren 5-1 where Benji and Zemmama must have scored and created 3 or 4 between them, was an outstanding performance. Just never seen those two click anywhere near enough sadly.

Hibbyradge
01-05-2012, 11:24 PM

Slaver. :agree:

sadtom
02-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Does that mean the wee man might be at a loose end in a couple of weeks time?

Wotherspiniesta
02-05-2012, 12:43 AM
Great wee player, but IMHO, we did more for him than he did for us.

Johnny_Leith
02-05-2012, 04:07 AM

Imo boruc v wotherspoon was better.

lord bunberry
02-05-2012, 04:23 AM

He would walk into the current hibs team. The wee man was a cracking player never hid when things weren't going his way unlike some of the imposters currently occupying a jersey

happiehibbie
02-05-2012, 07:25 AM
Guys think Ivan Sproule we got him back

WE NEED TO MOVE FORWARD next season not back they have had there time in green lets get players in who want to commit to the cause of entertaining us on a saturday

AustinHibee
02-05-2012, 07:51 AM
He would walk into the current hibs team. The wee man was a cracking player never hid when things weren't going his way unlike some of the imposters currently occupying a jerseyThis.

Littlest Hobo
02-05-2012, 08:00 AM
Weird thing to say

Goal against Hearts for a starter and other instances of brilliant play in the posts above

Maybe a bit OTT saying he never kicked a ball but he wasn't a team player. He was capable of moments of brilliance but very rarely did we see it.
He could have been a legend but never quite reached the consistency I'd expect of a player with such quality.

Jones28
02-05-2012, 09:47 AM
A Zemmama/Sheils like player is the missing link IMHO. The creativity that either of those 2 would bring would see us improve 10-fold :agree:

hibsbollah
02-05-2012, 10:32 AM
A Zemmama/Sheils like player is the missing link IMHO. The creativity that either of those 2 would bring would see us improve 10-fold :agree:

Swanson or Hayes either in the hole behind the front men or out wide could possibly give us that. Agree its our missing link.

The Modfather
02-05-2012, 12:10 PM
We watched that game in The Globe in Amsterdam on the way back from Ukraine, pub was full of Scousers who proceeded to rip the pish out the 2 of us 'cos of the state we got ourselves in after that save!

Hutchy, you sure you're not getting your games mixed up, or more than likely it was on your way TO Ukraine? I remember that derby well as it was on the Sunday of my 21st. I still harbour a grudge towards Gordon for ruining my 21st! :greengrin

We played ukraine the following Wednesday, I was at the game. We got beat 2-0, with Shevchenko diving for a pen. Was a strange feeling singing "One Craig Gordon" days after THAT derby save.

If that's the game you were thinking of, one of my favourite Scotland trips. After the game everywhere was shut after the local neds had attacked us twice. So we went back to our hotel bar, which as it turned out was actually a strippers. Being the Monks that we Tartan Army are, I simply went to bed and read my book :greengrin

JimBHibees
02-05-2012, 12:25 PM

Great save however without the Zibmeister causing 2 goals it wouldnt have mattered. Said to my mate at the game when it went 2-0 and we were dominant, "that this could be anything". Thanks Zibi.

Macaroon
02-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Ill see your Zoumer and raise you Dean Shiels....Hibs should move heaven and earth in the summer to bring Deano back!

Absolutely and utterly agree.

The one player we need. (One of many, of course. :cb)

Macaroon
02-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Can't remember Zouma ever being that arrogant to be honest, sure you're not thinking of Benji?

I may be imagining it, as I was still young when he was still here/in his prime.

Just has this stigma in my mind as someone who thinks he is too big for his boots. Most likely based on nothing but just get that vibe from him.

Macaroon
02-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Guys think Ivan Sproule we got him back

WE NEED TO MOVE FORWARD next season not back they have had there time in green lets get players in who want to commit to the cause of entertaining us on a saturday

So by this logic we wouldn't take back Dean Shiels? A man who single-handedly could have provided us 10+ more goals this season with his creativity/vision.

Hibs On Tour
02-05-2012, 05:16 PM

Best save I've ever seen. Spotty prick. Just a pity our 'keeper' [I use the term loosely!] that day couldn't do anything comparable and instead cost us the game...

Holmesdale Hibs
02-05-2012, 06:45 PM

I agree that lack of creativity is a massive problem, probably our biggest in fact. However, if we had signed Shiels or Zemamma (personally I'd rather Shiels) I'm not sure we'd suddenly start playing like a top 6 team.

Zemamma was very good on his day although they weren't often enough. Only reason I was bothered when he left because he was on about repaying Hibs for their patience during his injury a few weeks before. I agree with the earlier post that we did more for him than he did for us.

I wouldn't have him back at Hibs and IMO there are a few exaggerations about how good he was. It's a sign of how bad the last couple of seasons have been when we start reminiscing about mediocre players. We need to move forward not back.

02-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Best save I've ever seen. Spotty prick. Just a pity our 'keeper' [I use the term loosely!] that day couldn't do anything comparable and instead cost us the game...

:agree: Gifted them goals on countless occasions!