PDA

View Full Version : PF on SportsSound

big-mo
01-05-2012, 05:57 PM
PF will be on Sportsound just after 7pm, he will be talking about how he thinks that everyone wants to see Hibs lose.

DH1875
01-05-2012, 06:03 PM
I take it you mean in the league :confused:.

edwards
01-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Was on tea time tv and not happy how the club are being trated by the media anti hibs desperate for us to go down. he seemingly played back Sundays game and was none to pleased, having said that Jeffries was on afterwards trying to put all the pressure on hibs.

FFS Hibs Cmon

:pfgwa

H18sry
01-05-2012, 06:24 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/97563-pat-fenlon-claims-critics-would-love-to-see-hibs-relegated/

Viking
01-05-2012, 06:26 PM
A bit too "Neil Lennon"!!

Come on PF, lets just worry about ourselves and sorting out our own problems!! Forget about everyone else!!

Just_Jimmy
01-05-2012, 06:27 PM
I agree with him 100%.

The media are gagging for Hibs to go down, from the clowns on the radio to the clowns who were 'commentating' on our game at the weekend. Every chance they got they had a pop at us.

If it works as a siege mentality then good on him for telling the truth. We're pretty pish so we may as well try anything.

iain nolan
01-05-2012, 06:31 PM
dont understand this anti hib media from our manager. if the team had managed to take points off teams already on holiday over the past few weeks we be home and dry and looking forward to the cup . jeffries a good manager and (hibs could have got him but that would have split the fans ). has dunfermline up for a fight . its time FENLON got our team going though brick walls for the fans if not we down . so stop blameing the press and anyone else hes only 3 games to get it sorted .
Was on tea time tv and not happy how the club are being trated by the media anti hibs desperate for us to go down. he seemingly played back Sundays game and was none to pleased, having said that Jeffries was on afterwards trying to put all the pressure on hibs.

FFS Hibs Cmon

:pfgwa

Treadstone
01-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Just trying to foster a siege mentality.

Mikey
01-05-2012, 06:34 PM
I agree with him 100%.

The media are gagging for Hibs to go down, from the clowns on the radio to the clowns who were 'commentating' on our game at the weekend. Every chance they got they had a pop at us.

If it works as a siege mentality then good on him for telling the truth. We're pretty pish so we may as well try anything.

He won't get a siege mentality going because there are so many Hibs fans that are quite happy to agree with the bad things being said about the club.

hibbybrian
01-05-2012, 06:34 PM
A bit too "Neil Lennon"!!

Come on PF, lets just worry about ourselves and sorting out our own problems!! Forget about everyone else!!

He was obviously answering questions from the Media (which were not included but presumably mentioned comments in the Media about Hibs) so he is surely entitled to express his views

persevere1875
01-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Think the guy's just trying to install a siege mentality "nobody like's us we dont care" into the squad for the run in and if thats the case and it works, who cares whether or not it's too everyones taste.. He needs to get everyone in the club and the squad to be fighting together and if suggesting that everyone outside Hibs F.C wants us to go down brings everyone together and focuses the mind, then I'm all for it.

greenlex
01-05-2012, 06:43 PM
STFU Pat and do your talking on the park. It's up to us. **** everyone else. Let's just GIRFU them all but JJ in particular.

joebakerforever
01-05-2012, 06:49 PM
PF will be on Sportsound just after 7pm, he will be talking about how he thinks that everyone wants to see Hibs lose.

Delayed until interval of Yams v Well Commentary (after 8.30 pm ?)

SquashedFrogg
01-05-2012, 06:50 PM
STFU Pat and do your talking on the park. It's up to us. **** everyone else. Let's just GIRFU them all but JJ in particular.

Can I ask why you feel the need to tell our manager to "Shut the ***** up?"

If he said nothing in the press/media would you be happy?

Now is the time to support everything to do with our club.

Comments like that are quite frankly embarrasing :agree:

Barney McGrew
01-05-2012, 06:50 PM
He's quite right.

Much of it to do with the sparraeheed yams that the BBC insists on employing.

hopefulhibby
01-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Lennon does it with Celtic and they won the league, so Pat has to blame someone else, anyone, everyone, but not himself

BarneyK
01-05-2012, 06:58 PM
It is very noticeable this season. We used to be the media darlings when we were playing the fancy football. This year though, well I'm sure I heard Chick Dung claim we had "shamed" Scottish football a few weeks back with some of our performances this season :dunno: Just seems everyone (in the media) is queueing up to put the boot in.

MSK
01-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Lennon does it with Celtic and they won the league, so Pat has to blame someone else, anyone, everyone, but not himselfAw give it a rest man ...:dummytit:

Jim44
01-05-2012, 06:59 PM

Whether or not it's productive for Fenlon to come out publicly with his thoughts on the anti-Hibs bias is questionable but, in his defense, the reality of the bias is crystal clear, from Gordon and Preston in the BBC to the likes of Bathgate in the Scotsman. We've had a full season of their snide gloating and it's even more convenient at the moment as it helps deflect attention away from the focus on the shenanigans Rangers and Hearts while their misdemeanors are swept under the carpet. No paranoia here by the way, :fuming: just the way I see it.

Saorsa
01-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Lennon does it with Celtic and they won the league, so Pat has to blame someone else, anyone, everyone, but not himselfhttp://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies%202/yawn-stretch.gif

PatHead
01-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Seem to remember a thread a few months ago saying Hibs had to take on the press and stop letting them walk all over us. Glad Fenlon is telling them as it is.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Lennon does it with Celtic and they won the league, so Pat has to blame someone else, anyone, everyone, but not himself
Wind 'em up reel 'em in.:rolleyes:

SquashedFrogg
01-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Seem to remember a thread a few months ago saying Hibs had to take on the press and stop letting them walk all over us. Glad Fenlon is telling them as it is.

:agree:

Griffiths in East Mains massacre anyone?

I for one want my manager fighting his corner at all times :cb

Heedersnvolleys
01-05-2012, 07:10 PM
I think he is beginning to feel the pressure, Sunday was the first time I saw him really look to blame someone/something else (let face it we have had worse than sundays ref)other than our own performance. As previously said would like him to concentrate on us.

neilmartinrocks
01-05-2012, 07:22 PM

:confused:
lennon blames everybody for everything Fenlon isnt blaming anyone for the results he is commenting on the obvious glee that these results create among the media.
comparing OUR manager with that wingeing little prick is a bit much imo.

hopefulhibby
01-05-2012, 07:23 PM
:confused:
lennon blames everybody for everything Fenlon isnt blaming anyone for the results he is commenting on the obvious glee that these results create among the media.
comparing OUR manager with that wingeing little prick is a bit much imo.Ye your right there is no comparison

SquashedFrogg
01-05-2012, 07:25 PM
I think he is beginning to feel the pressure, Sunday was the first time I saw him really look to blame someone/something else (let face it we have had worse than sundays ref)other than our own performance. As previously said would like him to concentrate on us.

I'd bloody well hope he's feeling the pressure!!

If Sunday was the first time you saw him look to blame someone then I suspect it's the first game you've watched this season under PF (which is a distinct possibility)

BTW, Is it just me or are the number of posts per posters dropping on here? Seems to be a fair number of 'new' people appearing... Hmmm.?

We're struggling here but now is NOT the time to slaughter everyone. Lets wait until after the season to assess and be critical.

Feel privileged to be a Hibby..........:flag:

Twa Cairpets
01-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Ye your right there is no comparison

Admins - any chance this troll can be launched?

Green Cabbage 7
01-05-2012, 07:47 PM
He won't get a siege mentality going because there are so many Hibs fans that are quite happy to agree with the bad things being said about the club.

Agreed! Also as a support we are to worried about image of the club tha, well sorry not bothered about that would rather be winners than that nice team hibernian time to stand up be counted and have a bit of fight not good guy and last

greenlex
01-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Can I ask why you feel the need to tell our manager to "Shut the ***** up?"

If he said nothing in the press/media would you be happy?

Now is the time to support everything to do with our club.

Comments like that are quite frankly embarrasing :agree:

He needs to walk the walk not bleat about the media. Quite relaxed about my embarrassing comment thanks.
I am all for pulling together and supporting the club at this time but refuse to support the managers comments if I feel they are misplaced.

PeeKay
01-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Thought his comments were quite measured and did not merit some the comments above.

I agree that there is certainly a bias on the BBC against Hibs. Did anyone hear the BBC commentator at the Dunfermline match on Saturday? "Are you watching Hibernian" as his glee reached orgiastic proportions!

Hainan Hibs
01-05-2012, 07:58 PM
He's right, from Liam Macloed screaming "Are you watching Hibernian?" in his 12 year old voice during the Pars win to his fellow numpties on open all ***** giving it big licks they can hardly contain their delight that the Pars could pip us.

Can't wait to give them all a severe GIRFUY when we send Jumbo Jim's trumpets back to Division 1:agree:.

BEEJ
01-05-2012, 08:06 PM
You still here?

---------------------------------
We haven't heard the questions but the sporting press would have been looking forward to that press conference just to see what they could get out of Fenlon now that 'the gap' is just 3 points.

It sounds like some genius has phrased a question along the lines of Hibs recently being certain to survive in the SPL to now being stronger candidates for the drop. Of course, as he said, PF has never stated that Hibs were safe.

Usual journos desperate for a headline and gleefully rounding on what they see as a wounded victim.

Matty_Jack04
01-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Good on him! Im delighted to see someone finally fight back at hibs, here's hoping he gets the players fired right up tomorrow for the win and we'l send fat jim doon ourselves.

NAE NOOKIE
01-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Didnt hear PF on the radio ... but lets leave the paranoia to celtic & the Yams. I do agree though that there does seem to be an excess of ex Jamboids on the TV & radio just now.

I was saying to my brother tonight that the co commentator on the BBC for the cup final will be Paul Hartley coz he played for Hibs & the Yams. There wont be any doubt who he wants to win though.

Sammy7nil
01-05-2012, 09:55 PM
The league was over months ago the press and the media need something, anything to talk about other than Rangers. So yes they do want a relegation fight just as we would if it was 2 teams other than Hibs.

I thought Pat came across as a wee bit bitter tonight I hope this does not just add to the presurre and backfire on him. He has raised the question and he will now be asked each week "do think the media are against Hibs" "Why is that Pat" "just win a game and we can stop talking about relegation" etc etc.

He sounded under pressure lets hope the players do not feel it.

One Day Soon
01-05-2012, 11:11 PM
This thread is fairly stinking of Yam. I haven't posted a good 'sniff, sniff' in a while but it is well merited here.

500miles
02-05-2012, 06:29 AM
Pat's right. Hibs going down is a much better story than Dunfermline getting relegated.

They've made up lies about our players, acted with total triumphalism in the face of our failures, and they hate the fact that we gave one of thier mates - Yogi - the heave ho, and had the cheek to replace, initially, him with someone they didn't have links with, and then who they didn't know at all.

It's about time someone said it, and its about time the players had the mentality that they were going out to war with the world at kick-off.

Of course, some of our fanbase is so spineless, they'd rather piss and moan about class and dignity than get motivated and in the oppositions faces.

NAE NOOKIE
02-05-2012, 06:47 AM
Pat's right. Hibs going down is a much better story than Dunfermline getting relegated.

They've made up lies about our players, acted with total triumphalism in the face of our failures, and they hate the fact that we gave one of thier mates - Yogi - the heave ho, and had the cheek to replace, initially, him with someone they didn't have links with, and then who they didn't know at all.

It's about time someone said it, and its about time the players had the mentality that they were going out to war with the world at kick-off.

Of course, some of our fanbase is so spineless, they'd rather piss and moan about class and dignity than get motivated and in the oppositions faces.

To an extent you are right .... There are lots of folk who come to ER and sit on their hands.

But I have to say it works both ways .... For two and a half seasons Hibs have given the fans at ER pretty well nothing to shout about ... but on the few times they have the fans have been great in response ... When we came back from 2 - 0 against Dundee Utd and the cup win v Killie were both examples .... and even after Aberdeen equalised at Hampden the crowd got right behind the players.

Lets face it .. anybody who has watched the team over the last 2 years deserves praise for just turning up.

Irrespective of the cup final result .... If ( sorry .. When ) we stay up something has to be done about the poor effort we have seen from Hibs for too long now. I for one would rather hear folk bitching about the team from the stands than staying away and not bothering.

GGTTH