PDA

View Full Version : McPake injured (missed training on Tuesday/hopes to be fit for Aberdeen)

Robinho08
01-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Heard a rumour James McPake has a picked up a groin strain and will miss the next two games and is a doubt for the final.

Hope this isnt true, anyone else heard anything?

Speedway
01-05-2012, 12:18 PM
I heard he hadn't.

01-05-2012, 12:20 PM
God almighty, hope to god this is not true! :pray:

scoopyboy
01-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Heard a rumour James McPake has a picked up a groin strain and will miss the next two games and is a doubt for the final.

Hope this isnt true, anyone else heard anything?

he has.

killie-hibby
01-05-2012, 12:23 PM
He was struggling throughout the game on Sunday. Appeared to be in pain or discomfort. Continually doing stretching exercises to keep some degreee of mobility. Was surprised he came out for the second half.

Robinho08
01-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Not so good, I was hoping it was a Yam colleague trying to wind us up.

Golden Bear
01-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Just what we need eh.

:grr:

Hibercelona
01-05-2012, 12:26 PM
So our most committed player will be out for arguably the biggest game most of us will ever witness?

Well ain't that just ****ing fantastic!

Onion
01-05-2012, 12:27 PM
This was always our biggest risk for the run in and the SCF - one or more of JMcP, GOC and LG picking up an injury/suspensions. We've all got to hope to God this isn't true :rolleyes:

calumhibee1
01-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Yup, he has. Seen him about an hour ago, he's gutted.

bawheid
01-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Memories of 2001 when a less than half-fit Franck Sauzee came back in for the final...

Speedway

Ah well, not good enough anyway, not Hibs class, get him sent back tae Coventry, wage thief etc etc etc

JimBHibees
Hopefully isnt a bad as it could be. I think the more pressing concern will be how will this affect our next 2 massive league games where we are in real survival battle.

Elephant Stone
01-05-2012, 12:32 PM
This is the single worst piece of news I could have imagined. Just under three weeks til the final though, maybe that will be enough time.

Wotherspiniesta
01-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Typical.

JimBHibees
01-05-2012, 12:33 PM

Does he think he is missing the final?

Pretty Boy
01-05-2012, 12:38 PM
This is just such a typical thing to happen to Hibs.

Sean O'Hanlon up against Beattie. Oh dear.

the_ginger_hibee
01-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Gutting. Our chances will drop significantly if he's ruled out of the final.

Shades of 'that' semi and 2001 with regards to key players missing/injured/boozed-up/sold. :boo hoo:

RickyS
01-05-2012, 12:41 PM

please god no!:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

MacBean
01-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Hang on hang on...
We have 3 league games left... If he's rumoured to be out for two then what about the final league game, never mind the final?

If he's out for two, he'll be back at ICT to save the day, then lift the trophy on May 19th.

01-05-2012, 12:46 PM

Thats just what I thought as well, Beattie will have a field day!

Absolute nightmare if he misses the final!

bawheid
Hang on hang on...
We have 3 league games left... If he's rumoured to be out for two then what about the final league game, never mind the final?

If he's out for two, he'll be back at ICT to save the day, then lift the trophy on May 19th.

Yes. Let's not all piss our pants quite yet.

Part/Time Supporter
Hang on hang on...

:agree:

If he's got an injury that he could play a game in with an injection, then the obvious course is to leave him out tomorrow to avoid aggravating it. Then assess it for the Dunfermline game, when we will know what sort of result Hibs will need there. And so on.

Judas Iscariot
Hang on hang on...

He's DEFO out for 2 games, these being in the space of the next 6 days, will be doubtful for the ICT then in turn a doubt for the final

one day maybe...
01-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Oh well step up Mr Murray, I hope you have been working your butt off in training for the past few months, if the injury is as bad as some are saying, then you my man have to step up and lead your team into that final and allow them to leave nothing on the park.

skipster7
01-05-2012, 12:51 PM
he seemed to wince when clearing the ball then was stretching most of the 1st half.i thought it was his back problem giving him jip.hope hes a quick healer.

SteveHFC
01-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Very Very Very Bad News :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

nickwhibs
01-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Only option is to put Docherty at CB and Francombe at RB. Pray he's back soon.

Don Giovanni
01-05-2012, 12:54 PM

Yep, O'Hanlon at centre back makes even Dazzler Mackie into a threat!

:panic:

Jim44
01-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Not to be available for the final would be unfortunate but not to be available for our relegation battle is disasterous.

Elephant Stone
01-05-2012, 12:56 PM

Sean O'Hanlon can **** right off. If worst comes to worst and McPake does miss out we can put Doherty next to Hanlon or even Ian Murray. Awful, awful news but not necessarily the end of the world.

JimBHibees
01-05-2012, 12:58 PM
he seemed to wince when clearing the ball then was stretching most of the 1st half.i thought it was his back problem giving him jip.hope hes a quick healer.

Yep looked like he did something when clearing a cross in the first half.

Andy74
01-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Every time we play Hearts we miss some key player or other. This is where Hearts 60 man squad keeps them in business regardless.

Part/Time Supporter
01-05-2012, 01:14 PM
STV journo on twitter:

"James McPake did not train today (groin injury). Hibs will assess him tomorrow. Pat Fenlon not ruled him out for any length of time yet."

Sir David Gray
01-05-2012, 01:21 PM
This would be horrendous news, particularly if he misses the final but also if he misses the run-in in the league as well. :boo hoo:

Hibs7
01-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Murray before o'Hanlon please.

Spike Mandela
01-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Anyone else starting to get that chilling feeling that accompanied the build up to THAT semi?

JimBHibees
01-05-2012, 01:25 PM

Agree however there is also the option of Doherty at centre half and Francomb right back.

01-05-2012, 01:25 PM

100% !

Robinho08
01-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Anyone else starting to get that chilling feeling that accompanied the build up to THAT semi?

No, I'm getting that feeling when we were written off against Hearts due to a thread bare squad and Deeko scored the winning penalty at Tynecastle. :)

Hainan Hibs
01-05-2012, 01:28 PM
At first my thought went to the cup final, I quickly realised how much of a blow this could be to our relegation fight.

I agree with others, I think we have to put Doherty at CB with Francomb at RB if McPake is out.

Bring back PC Murdock on an emergency loan deal before even considering putting O'Hanlon back in.

Famous5forever
01-05-2012, 01:44 PM
He's DEFO out for 2 games, these being in the space of the next 6 days, will be doubtful for the ICT then in turn a doubt for the final

He has been carrying an injury for a while now, we need Ian Murray back to step up to the plate he must be fit now.

silverhibee
01-05-2012, 01:53 PM
he has.

What's the crack with GOC Scoops, heard anything regarding him getting over this bug he has got, could do with him being fit for tomorrow.

silverhibee
01-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Thats just what I thought as well, Beattie will have a field day!

Absolute nightmare if he misses the final!

Beattie is struggling with injury too.

Nelly070
01-05-2012, 01:57 PM
What's the crack with GOC Scoops, heard anything regarding him getting over this bug he has got, could do with him being fit for tomorrow.

rumours going round he has a broken bone in his foot rather than a bug! hope it is just a bug

scoopyboy
01-05-2012, 02:00 PM

Didn't train yesterday.

Don't know about today.

scoopyboy
01-05-2012, 02:01 PM
rumours going round he has a broken bone in his foot rather than a bug! hope it is just a bug

He had a bug, might still have it.

Not heard anything about broken bone in foot.

IFONLY
01-05-2012, 02:01 PM
So our most committed player will be out for arguably the biggest game most of us will ever witness?

Well ain't that just ****ing fantastic!

Looks like we are having the funeral before we have a corpse.

CmoantheHibs
01-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Its not great news but, like someone said earlier, move Doherty in and stick Francombe in at rb.That is still a decent defence and far more solid than what we had before January.Nothing we can do about this kind of thing, just have to get on with it.Flapping and getting into a panic isnt going to make things any better.

hibsbollah
01-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Can we not just hand the Cup over without having to play? Would save a lot of unnecessary pain :dunno:

TornadoHibby
01-05-2012, 02:21 PM

A bit but the problem now is that one key player out now is like the seven or eight we were missing for the 0-4 semifinal! :confused:

Oh dear! :rolleyes:

IFONLY
01-05-2012, 02:30 PM
A bit but the problem now is that one key player out now is like the seven or eight we were missing for the 0-4 semifinal! :confused:

Oh dear! :rolleyes:

At this moment in time no one is out of the final!!!!!! Apart from Stack that is.

Sean1875
01-05-2012, 02:31 PM
hopefully were taking a leaf out of Hearts 'ooooh this players injured *fast forward two hours later* and hes magically fixed' book

KWJ
01-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Has nobody else noticed that McPake seems to crouch down in every game he's played for us like he's knackered or in pain?

Looks like he's been carrying a knock of some sort since he arrived.

NorthNorfolkHFC
01-05-2012, 02:40 PM

Brown or Fenlon before O'Hanlon

offshorehibby
01-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Just watched PF on Hibs TV, saying GOC trained this morning McPake has a slight groin strain and will be reviewed tomorrow.

Baw187
01-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Just watched PF on Hibs TV, saying GOC trained this morning McPake has a slight groin strain and will be reviewed tomorrow.

This is more like it. Mate at work is his a good mate of McPake some asked him to text him and JMc's reply was (I'm paraphrasing) that " it's a slight groin strain, touch and go for tomorrow but aiming for Monday. Nae chance I'll miss the final!"

Nelly070
01-05-2012, 02:57 PM
This is more like it. Mate at work is his a good mate of McPake some asked him to text him and JMc's reply was (I'm paraphrasing) that " it's a slight groin strain, touch and go for tomorrow but aiming for Monday. Nae chance I'll miss the final!"

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

MacBean
01-05-2012, 03:00 PM
He has tweeted:

Thanks 4 all the messages. Just to confirm my season is nowhere near over! Hav a slight injury but I'm hopeful 2 b fit 4 2moro

:flag::flag::flag:

truehibernian
01-05-2012, 03:02 PM
I seem to recall we kept a clean sheet v Dons recently with big James suspended, and further recall beating Dunfy and Caley away at times in the season with no JM in the squad. Why are folk so determined to be defeatist......Doherty, Stephens, Murray or O 'Hanlon can come in.......who's to say Sean or David don't come in and play a blinder at Todders.

Get bloody behind all 11 that line up against the Dons

oconnors_strip
i think mcpake would have to be dying to stop him playing in the final. he will do everything possible to play, time is a healer as they say:wink:

GreenCastle
He's just said on twitter his season is no where near over -

Thanks 4 all the messages.Just to confirm my season is no nowhere near over! Hav a slight injury but I'm hopeful 2 b fit 4 2moro, but if not..Then for Dunfermline on Monday night #GGTTH (https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23GGTTH)"

:top marks

Stop panicking everyone :wink: :pfgwa

1875HFC
01-05-2012, 03:03 PM
"thanks 4 all the messages. Just to confirm my season is nowhere near over! hav a slight injury but i'm hopeful to be fit for tomorrow, but if not then for Dunfermiline on Monday Night #GGTTH"

PHEW! some relief for you worriers out there! :flag::flag::flag::flag:

RickyS
01-05-2012, 03:04 PM

Thanks 4 all the messages.Just to confirm my season is no nowhere near over! Hav a slight injury but I'm hopeful 2 b fit 4 2moro, but if not..Then for Dunfermline on Monday night #GGTTH (https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23GGTTH)"

thank the lord:hibees

Wotherspiniesta
01-05-2012, 03:04 PM
He has tweeted:

:flag::flag::flag:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stevie Reid
01-05-2012, 03:09 PM

A lot better - previously I was thinking that Hibs were just playing the bad news down. Even a slight strain could get much worse though.

Barney McGrew
01-05-2012, 03:11 PM
:aok:

Hibeesmad
01-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Thank god!

JimBHibees
01-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Got to be said if he is anything like touch and go for tomorrow I would be letting him rest with his feet up watching the tv. No way should we be gambling for tomorrow, given that the Pars game is Monday he will also have 2 more days than he might have had to be fit for that.

Pretty Boy
01-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Thank Sauzee for that.

hibeefan95
01-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Thank god. Great player :greengrin

01-05-2012, 03:34 PM

Good on ya James :flag:

Now get your hands on that trophy!

Brebners Bookie
01-05-2012, 03:35 PM

So this is a lie then?

bawheid
01-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Yes. Let's not all piss our pants quite yet.

:wink:

Part/Time Supporter
01-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Got to be said if he is anything like touch and go for tomorrow I would be letting him rest with his feet up watching the tv. No way should we be gambling for tomorrow, given that the Pars game is Monday he will also have 2 more days than he might have had to be fit for that.

Further to what I said earlier. It's more important to have him nearer fully fit for the Dunfermline game. With that game you can kill two birds with one stone (ie get points and stop them getting points), rather than trying to win your own game and hoping they don't.

Speedway
01-05-2012, 04:26 PM
I seem to recall we kept a clean sheet v Dons recently with big James suspended, and further recall beating Dunfy and Caley away at times in the season with no JM in the squad. Why are folk so determined to be defeatist......Doherty, Stephens, Murray or O 'Hanlon can come in.......who's to say Sean or David don't come in and play a blinder at Todders.

Get bloody behind all 11 that line up against the Dons

Because we're incurable losers at heart.

hibsbollah
01-05-2012, 04:31 PM
:boo hoo:

You mean he isnt out for the season after all and we dont have a reason to commit mass hari kiri and hand over the Cup to the merricks on the spot?

truehibernian
01-05-2012, 04:46 PM

Further to what I said earlier. It's more important to have him nearer fully fit for the Dunfermline game. With that game you can kill two birds with one stone (ie get points and stop them getting points), rather than trying to win your own game and hoping they don't.

Was listening to John Rankin last night Speedway, and fortunately he was curtailed (because of time) when asked about Hibs chances of survival......most telling though was his line 'the punters will get on your back as they do'.

Sadly it's now part of the opposition team talks that Hibs crowd is notoriously impatient and negative. I know this for fact having discussed it with coaches, two of which are ex players who do badges/coaching with current SPL managers.

Is it any wonder our form is better away from home ? I think it's fair to say us fans, including myself as I do like a grumble, be a bit more accepting, way more supportive, positive even when down, and really get behind players. I may not be that convinced for example with Hanlon and Wotherspoon, as others are, but I will sure as hell back them and be positive each time they play, and not crush them with unnecessary shouts from the touchline. The abuse Doyle got was unbelievable.....the guy is literally in the door.

Get up to Todders if you can, back the lads, sing and shout positive things, even if losing. Encouragement is key. Then we will survive.

Oh, and we are STILL going to win the Scottish Cup.

hibsbollah
01-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Was listening to John Rankin last night Speedway, and fortunately he was curtailed (because of time) when asked about Hibs chances of survival......most telling though was his line 'the punters will get on your back as they do'.

Sadly it's now part of the opposition team talks that Hibs crowd is notoriously impatient and negative. I know this for fact having discussed it with coaches, two of which are ex players who do badges/coaching with current SPL managers.

Is it any wonder our form is better away from home ? I think it's fair to say us fans, including myself as I do like a grumble, be a bit more accepting, way more supportive, positive even when down, and really get behind players. I may not be that convinced for example with Hanlon and Wotherspoon, as others are, but I will sure as hell back them and be positive each time they play, and not crush them with unnecessary shouts from the touchline. The abuse Doyle got was unbelievable.....
ottish Cup.

You're spot on TH. Unfortunately the standard response you get from the moaners to this is 'Oh, so its all the FANS fault we're losing so many games eh?'

Which is missing the point a wee bit :greengrin

truehibernian
01-05-2012, 04:58 PM
You're spot on TH. Unfortunately the standard response you get from the moaners to this is 'Oh, so its all the FANS fault we're losing so many games eh?'

Which is missing the point a wee bit :greengrin

Two examples I'll cite bollah, where the fans positivity and real enthusiasm got Hibs the win was v Killie at ER and at Hampden.

Against Killie, the crowd that day were just superb. It was crackling that day in the stands, every intake of breath you could feel, the players dug in right up til the end, because of the support. You saw what it meant at the end.

Against A'deen, when they scored, immediately after, all you could hear was 'Hibees, Hibees, Hibees'.

Both wins came with really positive crowds. It's not rocket science.

NOLA
01-05-2012, 05:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7RIgs3eygo pity he couldnt have tweeted tomorrow :greengrin

Eyrie
01-05-2012, 07:25 PM
I'd rather rest him tomorrow and get him back for Monday against Dunfermline, then only play him against Inverness if necessary.

Baldy Foghorn
01-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Gutted if he misses tomorrow. We need our best 11 in remaining fixtures. Wonder who PF will play if McPake does not make it? O'Hanlon, Murray maybe, can Doherty play centre half?

Brooster
01-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Francomb Doherty Hanlon Pujabi shoul;d be the back 4 if McPake doesnt make it.

Baldy Foghorn
01-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Francomb Doherty Hanlon Pujabi shoul;d be the back 4 if McPake doesnt make it.

Would be happy enough if that was back 4 tomorrow......

God Petrie
01-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Two examples I'll cite bollah, where the fans positivity and real enthusiasm got Hibs the win was v Killie at ER and at Hampden.

Against Killie, the crowd that day were just superb. It was crackling that day in the stands, every intake of breath you could feel, the players dug in right up til the end, because of the support. You saw what it meant at the end.

Against A'deen, when they scored, immediately after, all you could hear was 'Hibees, Hibees, Hibees'.

Both wins came with really positive crowds. It's not rocket science.

Spot on. I suggested a while back that it's no coincidence we had only won at Kilmarnock and ICT where only the more hardcore supporters go but was just met with the usual "uberfan" and "not the fans fault" guff.

Sammy7nil
01-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Spot on. I suggested a while back that it's no coincidence we had only won at Kilmarnock and ICT where only the more hardcore supporters go but was just met with the usual "uberfan" and "not the fans fault" guff.

Do you really think the fans have been negative from the KO for 16 home games ?
The Killie game the other week the fans were very patient and frustration only showed in the last 5 mins.

I know the the worry from the fans can affect players but if they got stuck in from k.o. and gave the fans hope they negative vibes would not be there.

It is self fufilling play pxsh fans are negative. Get a few wins fans are right behind the team.

Hermit Crab
01-05-2012, 09:55 PM
"thanks 4 all the messages. Just to confirm my season is nowhere near over! hav a slight injury but i'm hopeful to be fit for tomorrow, but if not then for Dunfermiline on Monday Night #GGTTH"

PHEW! some relief for you worriers out there! :flag::flag::flag::flag:

Much ado about nothing then....

01-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Much ado about nothing then....

Yep, but just shows how important he is to the team. Also shows, that unlike most seasons in recent history, we have something so important to play for that we get so worried when we think one of our best players is going to be out. If we were sitting mid-table in no cup finals and season basically dead then it wouldn't be such a worry.

Glad the injury is only minor. We need him to keep the defence strong and organised.

calumhibee1
01-05-2012, 10:27 PM
So this is a lie then?

How do you work that out? OP said hes injured, I backed that up. He does have a knock. Sounds much more like the truth to me.

dmc1875
02-05-2012, 12:08 AM
I'm heading up to Aberdeen, got to say that if I'm listening to the radio and find out that McPake has made it I'll be in a much more confident mood :greengrin

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

Brebners Bookie
02-05-2012, 01:11 AM
How do you work that out? OP said hes injured, I backed that up. He does have a knock. Sounds much more like the truth to me.

Just that the OP also said that he was out for two games and possibly the final.

If you did meet him as you said then I would have thought he would tell you this was untrue and that he was hoping to be fit for pittodrie as he said on twitter. :confused:

pampdahoosmoose
02-05-2012, 03:42 AM
https://twitter.com/jamesmcpake/status/197339460046831617

pampdahoosmoose
02-05-2012, 03:42 AM
https://twitter.com/jamesmcpake/status/197339561595121664

pampdahoosmoose
02-05-2012, 03:45 AM
Sorry didn't read the whole thread

scoopyboy
02-05-2012, 05:27 AM

No.

You said in your post you saw him an hour ago and he was gutted.

That is not backing the OP up.

So did McPake tell you he was gutted or not?

Septimus
02-05-2012, 07:19 AM
The message that this thread brings is that Hibs supporters, far from being negative, are only too ready to recognise and support true ability and total commitment. Hopefully the club is moving heaven and earth to get McPake signed up for next season but I have a suspicion that he may be too expensive, not quite good enough, too injury prone, etc. etc. etc.. This man has brought some stability to our defense and his worth is obvious every time he plays for us.