PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson & Ivan Sproule - History Men

Jamesie
30-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Lewis & Ivan have an added incentive to ensure they're both part of the starting XI on 19th May and play their part in lifting the Scottish Cup.

This may have already been mentioned on another thread, but victory would mean they become the first and only Hibs players to hold two major cup winners' medals won while at Easter Road - the both of them having started the 2007 League Cup Final against Kilmarnock.

Granted, there will be several players who hold League winners medals from the late 40s / early 50s I would imagine, but this would be a first in respect of the Cup.

Hopefully they're aware of this - anything that can give the players a wee lift has to be welcome. :flag:

Sir David Gray
30-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Lewis & Ivan have an added incentive to ensure they're both part of the starting XI on 19th May and play their part in lifting the Scottish Cup.

This may have already been mentioned on another thread, but victory would mean they become the first and only Hibs players to hold two major cup winners' medals won while at Easter Road - the both of them having started the 2004 League Cup Final against Kilmarnock.

Granted, there will be several players who hold League winners medals from the late 40s / early 50s I would imagine, but this would be a first in respect of the Cup.

Hopefully they're aware of this - anything that can give the players a wee lift has to be welcome. :flag:

What about the 2007 cup final against Kilmarnock? :wink:

We lost the league cup final in 2004 to Livingston. :boo hoo:

Jamesie
30-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Fixed! :greengrin

KWJ
30-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Good call.

They know how great that day was.

Makaveli
30-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Looking forward to another MOTM display from Stevenson but I really have a feeling Sproule will be the difference for us on the day. :agree:

Hermit Crab
01-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Looking forward to another MOTM display from Stevenson but I really have a feeling Sproule will be the difference for us on the day. :agree:

How? Sproule got sent off the last time we played hearts at at hampden through sheer frustration and stupidity. Loose cannon IMO especially if we go a goal or 2 down. Throw Leigh Griffiths into that as well and there's the potential for 2 red cards.

madabouthibs
01-05-2012, 12:57 AM
How? Sproule got sent off the last time we played hearts at at hampden through sheer frustration and stupidity. Loose cannon IMO especially if we go a goal or 2 down. Throw Leigh Griffiths into that as well and there's the potential for 2 red cards.

Jesus Hutchison Christ! We've got no chance!!! :loser::worried::worried:

edinburghhibee
01-05-2012, 01:07 AM

And thats the reason he won't do it this time! He is older and wiser now... hopefully

Hermit Crab
01-05-2012, 01:11 AM
And thats the reason he won't do it this time! He is older and wiser now... hopefully

Time will tell, I have my doubts though. Came on yesterday and done hee haw. Do all the players not realise that not only are they fighting relegation but also playing for a cup final place!!!

edinburghhibee
01-05-2012, 01:25 AM
Time will tell, I have my doubts though. Came on yesterday and done hee haw. Do all the players not realise that not only are they fighting relegation but also playing for a cup final place!!!

I know mate I was there also, we seemed to give up as soon as they scored. I'm hoping they are all saving their best performances for the final, I still think we will stay up but we don't half make it had for ourselves.

Hermit Crab
01-05-2012, 01:34 AM
Lol it's the Hibs way to make it hard for ourselves. Yes they appeared to stop making the chances as soon as they went 1-0 down. No post-mortems though. Big game on Wednesday now.

Tha Cabbage Kid
01-05-2012, 07:13 AM
Lol it's the Hibs way to make it hard for ourselves. Yes they appeared to stop making the chances as soon as they went 1-0 down. No post-mortems though. Big game on Wednesday now.

sounds to me like its the scottish way :agree:

Beefster
01-05-2012, 07:28 AM

I'm going to try this positive thinking malarkey. It sounds fun.

Mikey
01-05-2012, 07:30 AM

Door. Horse. Bolt. Stable.

Makaveli
01-05-2012, 08:39 AM

How?

Because I'm one of those weirdos who expects Hibs to do well despite past disappointments; who doesn't sit three weeks before the game worrying about who'll react how if we go 2 goals down; who doesn't infect a rare positive thread with doom and gloom; who likes to big up our chances so my "told you so" comes after a victory; who knows that Sproule will create the 93rd minute winner. :wink:

01-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Someone brought this up the other day actually. Right enough as well! Lewis could do the double and get MoTM in May too lol ;)!

Definatly an extra wee incentive for them, and if they thought 2007 was amazing, this would be even better :thumbsup:

01-05-2012, 03:49 PM

Ivan regrets that incident more than anyone and has admitted it was a stupid act. I think he has learned from it though and I don't see him making the same mistake a second time. Its going to be a heated affair and if we do go a goal down then it is up to everyone to keep the head and stay calm and not let frustration get the better of them. I think Ivan has grown up and matured a lot since 2006 and I defiantly think he wont make the same mistake. Only time will tell though. Hearts will look to wind up our so called "loose-cannons" so hopefully our players realise that and don't give them the satisfaction of rising to it.

Spike Mandela
01-05-2012, 03:49 PM
There is one player for them who could claim this honour as well unfortunately. Deek's pal..

01-05-2012, 03:52 PM
There is one player for them who could claim this honour as well unfortunately. Deek's pal..

:agree: Ivan and Lewis would get one for the league cup and the scottish cup though :greengrin

greenlex
01-05-2012, 03:54 PM
No he can't. He's playing for them and has never played fir Hibs.

Spike Mandela
01-05-2012, 04:10 PM
No he can't. He's playing for them and has never played fir Hibs.

Good point, well made.:agree: but you know what I mean.:greengrin

stantonhibby
01-05-2012, 07:40 PM

Would say Black & Zaliukas are just as likely to see red as that pair.

hibs0666
01-05-2012, 07:44 PM

That's it we're doomed.

SquashedFrogg
01-05-2012, 07:47 PM

Aye, and Brian Hamilton had a penalty saved by Henry Smith :wink:

We're doomed!!!!!!!!!

01-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Would say Black & Zaliukas are just as likely to see red as that pair.

:agree: Black is a dirty player at times and throws in some pretty shocking challenges!

Jamesie
01-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Aye, and Brian Hamilton had a penalty saved by Henry Smith :wink:

We're doomed!!!!!!!!!

Apparently Henry Smith said after that game that he'd been reading (well, looking at the pictures :greengrin) in the Hibs programme before the match and saw the diagram showing where Hamilton had put his penalty the week before in the match report. Accordingly Smith took a gamble that Hamilton would put it in the same spot and was proven correct. The diagrams disappeared from the programme from then on. :wink: