PDA

View Full Version : Sean Welsh

Sedgeburn
30-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Hibs lack of a creative presence in central midfield obvious to all. Question: Can Sean Welsh be recalled from his loan spell Partick Thistle and could he fill the void? He should be match fit and would surely relish the opportunity to finally establish himself at the club.

Ozyhibby
30-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Why? Has he been man of the match week after week for Partick?

Sedgeburn
30-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Why? Has he been man of the match week after week for Partick?

Don't know about MOM but certainly heard some positive reports.

basehibby
30-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Having never seen Welsh play I can only base my opinion on hearsay - from what I've heard he is a talented lad and he seems to be showing that now with a good run of games at Partick. That said, the 1st Div is a lesser level and the fact he's done alright with Thistle doesn't prove that he'll set the heather on fire in the SPL - another talented youngster in Calum Booth has not found it easy to nail down his place in what is a very difficult season afterall.

I would assume that Fenlon and his assistants are keeping an eye on Sean and should be able to make the call based on that - assuming of course that the terms of his loan deal allow Hibs to recall him - which is not always the case if I understand correctly.

Bob Box Fish
30-04-2012, 09:30 PM
My mate has a season ticket for the Jags and said he has played well but the 1st div is his level.

Love the Green
30-04-2012, 09:40 PM
My mate has a season ticket for the Jags and said he has played well but the 1st div is his level.

What we waiting on get him back we have div 1 players picking up wages every week and we are pwerforming like div 1 teams so lets go.

"keep the faith":wink:

PeterboroHibee
30-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Has he ever even played for Hibs?

Think this is a case of wishful thinking, the guy has had plenty of opportunities to come off the bench and get some game time yet as far as Im aware, yet hasnt done so. This is under multiple managers and there must be a reason. Hes still young and heres hoping he can come back, but its a bit strange the number of times hes been on the bench yet has never managed to get on. Bit much to expect him to come back and make a big difference to our team.