PDA

View Full Version : Tickets ST Being Cancelled Once SCF Ticket Is Purchased

Chuck Rhoades
30-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Heard off a few people now that people have been buying a ST to gain a SCF ticket and then cancelling their ST within the '14 day cooling-off period'?

Disgusting if true. Hope the club have something planned to stop this if true.

fatbloke
30-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Heard off a few people now that people have been buying a ST to gain a SCF ticket and then cancelling their ST within the '14 day cooling-off period'?

Have also heard this but short of sending the "boys round" not a lot the club can do. Word is that club are gonny have to look at things if we are relegated because of offers and conditions in the terms of the sale of the ST. Don't know what is correct and what is nonsense, someone more clued up than me may know.

Sean1875
30-04-2012, 02:00 PM
:bitchy: robbing your own club, utterly shameful. Ironically, these will probably be the same people moaning about how the 'real' fans arent getting a fair enough chance of final tickets, twats.

CropleyWasGod
30-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Have also heard this but short of sending the "boys round" not a lot the club can do. Word is that club are gonny have to look at things if we are relegated because of offers and conditions in the terms of the sale of the ST. Don't know what is correct and what is nonsense, someone more clued up than me may know.

Actually, there probably is.

If the tickets haven't yet been issued, then the Club are IMO within their rights to cancel them and refuse to hand them over.

Mikey
30-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Word is that club are gonny have to look at things if we are relegated because of offers and conditions in the terms of the sale of the ST. Don't know what is correct and what is nonsense, someone more clued up than me may know.

Of course they are, but they're hardly going to come out with "here's what happens if we're relegated" at this stage.

The Green Goblin
30-04-2012, 02:07 PM
I wondered how long it would take for this to happen. Given the deadlines for renewal, and the fact that there are more than 14 days left until the cup final, I imagine the club could legitimately withdraw or void the allocated cup final tickets, as "renewing" was a condition of being able to apply for one in the first place and thus cancelling the renewal represents a breach of those terms. However, if there was nothing specifically in writing about the club being allowed to do that in this exact situation, then I don't think there's anything they can do, is there? Not surpised to hear about this and as I said, saw this coming as soon as it was announced. Poor stuff from the "fans" involved.

fatbloke
30-04-2012, 02:13 PM

If the tickets haven't yet been issued, then the Club are IMO within their rights to cancel them and refuse to hand them over.

I agree, just the practical side that gets messy. If tickets still in clubs possession then keep them and tell cancellor to bolt.

fatbloke
30-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Of course they are, but they're hardly going to come out with "here's what happens if we're relegated" at this stage.

:agree:

Sylar
30-04-2012, 02:15 PM

Maybe, rather than coming out with plans and offers when there was so much uncertainty in the first place, also wasn't the right thing to do?

Dunfermline haven't announced anything yet for their ST's and they've probably been clever in approaching it this way.

TornadoHibby
30-04-2012, 02:17 PM

As far as I recall the ST "priority period" ends at 5pm on Saturday 5th May 2012 so it is conceivable that if someone bought their ST within 14 days of that date and time then they would theoretically be "entitled" to their Cup Final ticket with the "get out of jail card" of the 14 day "cooling off" period, assuming such a thing exists for non consumer credit agreement funded ST purchases. I don't think it does apply unless there is consumer credit involved as it is that that a "period of grace" of 14 days is usually applied to just in case a person enters into an onerous credit agreement that they wouldn't have done so had they had a reasonable period to consider its detailed terms over. :dunno:

However, surely the Club would be aware of such a "loophole" if one does exist and would have taken steps to close such a loophole down given the motivation of a Cup Final ticket being significant enough to encourage someone to try such a ruse thereby conning the Club out of funds it should rightfully be entitled to. :dunno:

In practical terms, those planning to do such a thing might be best to be highlighted to the Club so that they can take whatever action they deem necessary to prevent Cup Final tickets ending up in the wrong hands! :agree:

bawheid
30-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Maybe, rather than coming out with plans and offers when there was so much uncertainty in the first place, also wasn't the right thing to do?

Dunfermline haven't announced anything yet for their ST's and they've probably been clever in approaching it this way.

I imagine that like me, those running the club have got a bit more spine than to be contemplating relegation. It's not going to happen.

Having the ST deals out at the moment also allows Hibs to capitalise on the cup final hysteria.

I refuse to acknowledge that Dunfermline FC (and especially John Yorkston) could be "clever" about anything. Have you ever been to a match at East End Park??

Moulin Yarns
30-04-2012, 02:31 PM
If anybody cancels their season ticket then I imagine they might find their name removed from the database

matty_f
30-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Is there a cooling off period on the season tickets? I know there will have been for the payment plan, but the cut off date for payment plan apps passed some time back.

Wembley67
30-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Wish i had thought of that.

marinello59
30-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Is there a cooling off period on the season tickets? I know there will have been for the payment plan, but the cut off date for payment plan apps passed some time back.

There will only be a cooling off period if Petrie appeared on your door step to sell you one. Otherwise there isn't. It would have applied to the payment plan as it was a credit agreement.

Part/Time Supporter
30-04-2012, 02:56 PM
There will only be a cooling off period if Petrie appeared on your door step to sell you one. Otherwise there isn't. It would have applied to the payment plan as it was a credit agreement.

The cooling off period is probably the reason why Hibs didn't offer a payment plan after the semi-final.

Moulin Yarns
30-04-2012, 02:57 PM
I think internet and distance selling alao have a period when you can return goods.

marinello59
30-04-2012, 03:04 PM
I think internet and distance selling alao have a period when you can return goods.

Aye, seven days cooling off period for online purchases.

Hibernia&Alba
30-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Shameful if Hibees have spotted such a loophole and are taking advantage, and I would hope there is a way the club could refuse the cup final tickets sale. Sickens me to think of Hibs fans carrying on in such an underhand way.

Malonga's Cat
30-04-2012, 04:37 PM

Completely agree. The club should remove them from the database altogether, these people are not interested in supporting the club, only in a good day out.

HibsMax
30-04-2012, 04:45 PM
If anybody cancels their season ticket then I imagine they might find their name removed from the database

+1

This is what I would hope happens. It doesn't take a lot of work to figure out who these people are. If a person cancels their season ticket and that person is also a new season ticket holder then they should have their name added to a database. I don't mean a blacklist per se but some list that can be referenced should Hibs want to do something like this again in the future.

Hibs will know who these people are but if the tickets have already been mailed out or picked up then I don't know what they can do. I doubt they can invalidate the ticket and issue new ones.

frazeHFC
30-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Had a feeling people would do this. Theft sums it up.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-04-2012, 04:54 PM

Ticket touts will stoop very low

The Green Goblin
30-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Ticket touts will stoop very low

As might a few wayward, desperate yams....

Minder
30-04-2012, 11:15 PM

It applies for agreements signed at home, place of work on on an excursion. The regulations are called The Cancellation of Contract Regulations. Known in insurance claims industry as "Chen Wei". Some hire companies were hit for millions of pounds when insurers started to exploit this loophole. I have personally skinned one well known company for over half a million by exploiting this loophole.

KWJ
30-04-2012, 11:19 PM
It applies for agreements signed at home, place of work on on an excursion. The regulations are called The Cancellation of Contract Regulations. Known in insurance claims industry as "Chen Wei". Some hire companies were hit for millions of pounds when insurers started to exploit this loophole. I have personally skinned one well known company for over half a million by exploiting this loophole.

Gonnae buy me a ticket for the final. Please. :aok:

easty
30-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Someone, a yam, actually told me this is what I should do! I didn't feel right about so I'm sitting on my hands and hoping for a public sale of some sort. With a wedding to pay for this year I just don't have the disposable income for a season ticket, itd be a season ticket that I wouldn't use often enough anyway as I'm playing on Saturdays.

madabouthibs
01-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Out of respect for my fellow Hibs Supporters, and of course the club, I am taking my chances in a probable general sale.
I knew about this loophole, (the distance selling regs anyway) it was suggested to me by another Hibs fan, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it,and I would hope Hibs have this covered.
If I can't get tickets for me and my lad, then its the telly for us. :agree:
Then hopefully a swift drive into town while you lot are gridlocked on the M8............. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
01-05-2012, 01:16 AM
This stinks of a yam tactic

Phil MaGlass
01-05-2012, 06:53 AM
Wish I had thought about that one, if I hadnt a ticket already I would have bought a season ticket then handed it back, I dont really care what Hibs fans think of me, I get to the final, Hibs get interest on my money for a couple of weeks, you dont think Im honestly going to splash out 400 quid tae watch that pi5h in the 1st division do you? Stealing fae the club?get over yirselves, and guarantee a ticket for the final. Not ma problem if yir sitting watching it at home...

Beefster
01-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Another symptom of the 'me, me, me' culture nowadays. Hibs fans willing to shaft the club and fellow fans as long as they get what they want. There are some proper ****bags about these days.

cocopops1875
01-05-2012, 06:59 AM
Your not stealing from the club , more giving yourself an advantage over others who should have to wait for a public sale

Beefster
01-05-2012, 07:01 AM
Your not stealing from the club , more giving yourself an advantage over others who should have to wait for a public sale

Anyone that does it is costing the club money.

cocopops1875
01-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Anyone that does it is costing the club money.

Administration costs ?

HH81
01-05-2012, 07:58 AM

If I was Hibs I'd just ban fans taking this route, for life. :agree:

Twa Cairpets
01-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Wish I had thought about that one, if I hadnt a ticket already I would have bought a season ticket then handed it back, I dont really care what Hibs fans think of me, I get to the final, Hibs get interest on my money for a couple of weeks, you dont think Im honestly going to splash out 400 quid tae watch that pi5h in the 1st division do you? Stealing fae the club?get over yirselves, and guarantee a ticket for the final. Not ma problem if yir sitting watching it at home...

Not sure if this is a wind up.
If its not, then you're a tw@t.
End Of.

Beefster
01-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Administration costs ?

Yup. Folk usually hugely underestimate the cost of providing an employee's time.

If this is widespread, it could add up to quite a hit for the club. Not that those doing it will give a ****, mind you.

cocopops1875
01-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Yup. Folk usually hugely underestimate the cost of providing an employee's time.

If this is widespread, it could add up to quite a hit for the club. Not that those doing it will give a ****, mind you.

Don't get me wrong I'm dead against this as well as taking tickets your entitled to but don't need to sell at profit, but its the underhand nature of it that grinds my gears cheating fellow Hibs fans is NOT HIBS CLASS

Spike Mandela
01-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Without any hysteria or judging or name calling can anyone let me know the mechanism for cancelling a season ticket and terminating a payment plan should the nightmare Rangers scenario comes about. Can it be done?

HibeeEmma
01-05-2012, 10:08 AM
I would have thought Hibs would have covered that in the small print, meaning if the ST is used to purchase cup final tickets, its not valid for a refund.

marinello59
01-05-2012, 10:22 AM
I would have thought Hibs would have covered that in the small print, meaning if the ST is used to purchase cup final tickets, its not valid for a refund.

Good point. If the season ticket has been 'used' then no refund should be payable. No need to cover it in the small print either as surely that would be an implied term.

Phil MaGlass
01-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Not sure if this is a wind up.
If its not, then you're a tw@t.
End Of.

As I say, I wouldnt care what you thought, if I did it. Then I would be a twat.And thanks for the final ticket.:na na:

01-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Shameful and disgusting that these so called "fans" would scam and cheat their own club like this :bitchy:

Really hope the club are made aware of this and can put some measures into place to try and stop this little con happening!

degenerated
01-05-2012, 12:21 PM

truly astonishing

http://forums.weebls-stuff.com/picture.php?albumid=205&pictureid=1703

N.Wales Hibby
01-05-2012, 01:22 PM
As I say, I wouldnt care what you thought, if I did it. Then I would be a twat.And thanks for the final ticket.:na na:

Please tell me you are joking?

down-the-slope
01-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Credit agreements..14 day cooling off (Passed already)

distance selling...7 day cooling off (for those who bought ONLINE only)

As tickets are only available from 10th...you would have to buy a ST on 4th / 5th (not possible online and getting final application in on time) and apply straight away..so those of you who thought you were being smart ***** have been Tache'd...delaying the day the tickets are available means :giruy:

Andy Bee
01-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Surely the CF ticket is a sweetener for buying the ST and as such has to be returned before any refunds are given. :dunno:

HibbyKeith
01-05-2012, 04:52 PM

As tickets are only available from 10th...you would have to buy a ST on 4th / 5th (not possible online and getting final application in on time) and apply straight away..so those of you who thought you were being smart ***** have been Tache'd...delaying the day the tickets are available means :giruy:

:agree:

TornadoHibby
01-05-2012, 05:35 PM

Genuinely didn't think that Hibs would get caught out with that "ploy" of some of the less scrupulous of those prepared to even try and diddle the club that they (apparently) support to get a Cup Final ticket! :wink: :greengrin

Well done Hibs! :aok:

Haggis Hibby
01-05-2012, 06:43 PM
wish i had thought about that one, if i hadnt a ticket already i would have bought a season ticket then handed it back, i dont really care what hibs fans think of me, i get to the final, hibs get interest on my money for a couple of weeks, you dont think im honestly going to splash out 400 quid tae watch that pi5h in the 1st division do you? Stealing fae the club?get over yirselves, and guarantee a ticket for the final. Not ma problem if yir sitting watching it at home...

deluding urself....... But no one else..... Ur no hibs fan........... End off

Beefster
01-05-2012, 06:46 PM

Let's hope your next sh*te is a hedgehog.

Twa Cairpets
01-05-2012, 07:41 PM

And the reason you wouldn't care is because you're a tw@t.
Case closed.
Oh, and by the way, I've got two tickets for the final, I just hope I'm nowhere near you, because I'd prefer to be in with Hibs supporters.

Baldy Foghorn
01-05-2012, 07:53 PM
And the reason you wouldn't care is because you're a tw@t.
Case closed.
Oh, and by the way, I've got two tickets for the final, I just hope I'm nowhere near you, because I'd prefer to be in with Hibs supporters.

He really has a shocking attitude...

NAE NOOKIE
01-05-2012, 10:00 PM

Theres a wee icon folk use on this board .......... :fishin: .......... There it is.

If this thread closes and you havnt used it by then all I can say is I would rather sit next to a Yam at Hampden than you. And handing back your ST if you do buy one for this purpose would be the best thing to do coz who wants ER stunk up.

Having said that .... If yer fishin' .... Its a classic.

hibee_nation
01-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Theres a wee icon folk use on this board .......... :fishin: .......... There it is.

If this thread closes and you havnt used it by then all I can say is I would rather sit next to a Yam at Hampden than you. And handing back your ST if you do buy one for this purpose would be the best thing to do coz who wants ER stunk up.

Having said that .... If yer fishin' .... Its a classic.

When he realises what a dick he has made of himself i'm sure he will claim he was only fishing. :clown:

01-05-2012, 10:52 PM

Poor show, really poor show :bitchy:

Phil MaGlass
02-05-2012, 07:24 AM
ahhh ****off.......

HH81
02-05-2012, 07:28 AM
ahhh ****off.......

I'm just glad you not going to the final :wink:

Twa Cairpets
02-05-2012, 07:33 AM
ahhh ****off.......

Thank you for adding so eruditely to the mounting evidence that you are a tw@t.

Pretty Boy
02-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Thank you for adding so eruditely to the mounting evidence that you are a tw@t.

I'm sure he must be at the wind up.

If not, with 'fans' like that we'll never have to look far for enemies.