PDA

View Full Version : Kujabi

Dunbar Hibee
30-04-2012, 01:40 AM
Not usually one to create a thread to criticise a player but thought he was particularly bad today. McGowan teared him apart all game. Looked really hesitant throughout..I thought he was class in his first couple games, but starting to have my doubts over the lad, particularly in the defensive side of the game.

JohnStephens91
30-04-2012, 02:00 AM
He is not a bad player in the slightest. He is a little bit ropey in the defence but when you look at his effort levels and commitment to the team how can you say criticise him? He always works hard and defends to the best of his ability and I'm struggling to think of any outstanding incident where he has been 100% at fault for conceding a goal.

jgl07
30-04-2012, 02:57 AM
Not usually one to create a thread to criticise a player but thought he was particularly bad today. McGowan teared him apart all game. Looked really hesitant throughout..I thought he was class in his first couple games, but starting to have my doubts over the lad, particularly in the defensive side of the game.

That is enough to make anyone weep!

Littlest Hobo
30-04-2012, 04:18 AM
Needs help, what I mean by that is he needs a player he can link up with. He tends to overdo things, his effort is unquestionable but could do with a player in front of him who can either sit in his position when he bombs forward or a player he can maybe get a pass and move going.

soupy
30-04-2012, 04:24 AM
I don't think he should be a left back, I'd push him into left midfield, he's better going forward for me anyway.

Allant1981
30-04-2012, 06:44 AM
I dont think he is any better than booth at defending or attacking, but if he is playing he will get my backing regardless if i rate him or not

bingo70
30-04-2012, 06:49 AM
If he was as bad as is being suggested I would have thought st mirren would have managed more than one shot at goal yesterday, likewise with killie last week.

lucky
30-04-2012, 07:03 AM
More negative rubbish slagging a player who has done well since he came to Hibs. The mentality of the Hibs support is pathetic. Why can't we get behind the team regardless of the results. The next 20 days are the biggest in the clubs history in the last 50 year's. Time for the fans to step up to the plate along with the players

Weir7
30-04-2012, 07:15 AM

A lot worse than him. Can put a decent cross in. Fenlon has to start getting bodies in the box.

oldbutdim
30-04-2012, 07:16 AM
Well said.

frazeHFC
30-04-2012, 07:17 AM
How does this mean he is not getting behind the team? Like myself, DH goes to each game getting behind the team for 90 minutes. But after yet another defeat we are more than entitled to an opinion. He doesn't even criticise Kujabi that much, more questions his performances.

Spike Mandela
30-04-2012, 08:02 AM
Thought our biggest source of attack yesterday was down the left via his crosses.

whiskyhibby
30-04-2012, 08:44 AM
He rightly got Cheered off the park yesterday???

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?a5jbbo

cabbageandribs1875
30-04-2012, 09:29 AM
i reckon the wee man does ok :)

ShanksSaidNo
30-04-2012, 10:22 AM
I've heard a few people mention trying Kujabi in midfield. I don't think thats a bad shout, he is defintely at his best bombing forward. Thought he provided our only attacking outlet at St Mirren yesterday. Get Booth back to full confidence and in at left back allowing Kujabi a stab in midfield.

Another possible solution with the squad we have would be to play a 3-5-2 formation. Kujabi at left wing back would be decent with possibly Wotherspoon on the other side? Hanlon and McPake at centre half with Murray sweeping.

DH1875
30-04-2012, 11:13 AM
I think anyone having a go at Kujabi is just nuts. If you got to do it, there's a good few that are ahead of him in the line.

patlowe
30-04-2012, 12:06 PM
In the grand scheme of things, Kujabi is not a big problem for us at the moment. Unpredictable but good enough. What is far more worrying is the complete lack of quality and conviction in our midfield.

Franck Stanton
30-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Just take a wee minute to think lads, prior to Kujabi arriving at the club left-back was definately a problem area for us, [ not the only one], - if not Kujabi then who ? Booth has been tried there and whilst having a few good games, fell away and was slated on these forums. We tried a variety of options, - Murray, Stevenson to name a few and they faired no better. Granted Kujabi isn't a world beater but he isn't terrible either. He is the best option we have for this position. Personally I like the lad and wish we had a few more with his attitude/drive/determination and skill. as has been pointed out in previous posts can't think of a really bad blunder he has made whic resulted in us losing a goal through it.

Biff Tannen
30-04-2012, 12:15 PM

Wow...what drivel. Out of all the players who were attrocious yesterday, you pick Kujabi!!!?? Did you watch the game? He was the one whipping over all the balls in the 2nd half that no one could finish...

Still perplexed out of that 11 you pick him out and start a thread.

Stay off the swedgers.

.Sean.
30-04-2012, 12:29 PM
B, I thought Kujabi was one of our better players yesterday, well there were certainly far worse on the park.

Osbourne for example, I thought he was awful, papers giving him a 7 though, bit perplexed by that.

frazeHFC
30-04-2012, 12:34 PM
I thought Osbourne was MOTM. Shows how different opinions can be!

truehibernian
30-04-2012, 12:36 PM
B, I thought Kujabi was one of our better players yesterday, well there were certainly far worse on the park.

Osbourne for example, I thought he was awful, papers giving him a 7 though, bit perplexed by that.

I know he doesn't see himself there sean, but I think the left midfield slot, with Pa at left back, is simply ideal for Callum.

I recall pre-season at East Fife seeing Callum time and time again make penetrating runs from that area into the box. With Pa's engine and slightly better defensive positioning, I'd love to see Callum there. Added to that, Callum's delivery at set pieces from that area is decent.

Calasandro
30-04-2012, 12:51 PM
For starters - Mcgowan floated from left to right and I can't recall him getting passed Kujabi getting in any crosses. The wee man worked his socks off and if it wasn't for Ozzy playing wide left and centre mid to cover for Soares their link up play would have been far more effective. Ozzy was my man of the match - the amount of times he beat his man, then another just to find that killer pass was brilliant. Doyle wasn't in the game and as I've already said (as have many) Soares was a passenger.

The wee man has been solid and to back up his defensive qualities think back to when Dayton at Kilmarnock absolutely tore us to shreds. Anytime Pa has played him he has had the better of him each time.

Onion
30-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Not sure how anyone can single out any of the back 4 for criticism. IMHO this is now the most effective part of the team - Doherty, McPake, Hanlon and Kujabi have been excellent over the last few weeks. Kujabi has given nothing less than 100% since arriving at ER and is tasked with defending, attacking and shoring up our rank midfield. If you watch the last 10 mins of the Semi v the Dons and how Kujabi puts his body on the line time and again for the team - he's' been an excellent signing.

Hibees07
30-04-2012, 02:34 PM
More negative rubbish slagging a player who has done well since he came to Hibs. The mentality of the Hibs support is pathetic. Why can't we get behind the team regardless of the results. The next 20 days are the biggest in the clubs history in the last 50 year's. Time for the fans to step up to the plate along with the players

Agree Kujabi has been a decent signing but I am sick to death of the 'Fans must step up to plate' type quotes. Hibs winning has nothing to do with the attendance or vocal backing, only the players can do anything to get us out the mess they & Fenlon have got us in. If it had anything to do with the support Hibs would be top 5 every season.

I watched the game yesterday and all I could hear was Hibs fans singing, so how did we still lose.

greenlex
30-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Why does everyone want any full back that can go forward played in the midfield?
McGowan will rip most full backs a new one to be honest. I think he is a cracking payer.

nickwhibs
30-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Another reason why we desperately need wingers. Kujabi essentially was our left side on Sunday - and not for the first time. He is certainly a good player and just needs a bit of help. He's great at attacking and when linking up with a left winger. But it's no use having someone like Soares who just hides infield. Definitely our best option at LB imo.

HibbyAndy
30-04-2012, 03:07 PM
He's a bit Jimmy Boco(ish).

Ive seen worse.

Macaroon
30-04-2012, 04:05 PM
I've heard a few people mention trying Kujabi in midfield. I don't think thats a bad shout, he is defintely at his best bombing forward. Thought he provided our only attacking outlet at St Mirren yesterday. Get Booth back to full confidence and in at left back allowing Kujabi a stab in midfield.

Another possible solution with the squad we have would be to play a 3-5-2 formation. Kujabi at left wing back would be decent with possibly Wotherspoon on the other side? Hanlon and McPake at centre half with Murray sweeping.

I can't stand playing Wotherspoon out wide. He is awful there. He exposes the full back and expects too much to be done for him.

There is no doubting the lad's ability that's for sure but he plays at national level as a central mid, and I'm adamant that there is no point judging him as a player until he gets a shot there in the first team. I think it is clearly his best position and we all saw how effective he was coming on to a central midfielder role in the semi final.

I hate seeing him get so much flak from fans because I really like him and think he is much better than people think he is, but when he is played out wide where he feels uncomfortable is not going to give him the confidence and experience that we all know youth players rely on.

Hibernia&Alba
30-04-2012, 04:05 PM
I think he's done absolutely fine. I like him.

hopefulhibby
30-04-2012, 04:11 PM

Where is Booth? how can he go from POTY to sitting in the stand week in week out, its not as though we are winning

tamig
30-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Thought our biggest source of attack yesterday was down the left via his crosses.

Agreed.

.Sean.
30-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Where is Booth? how can he go from POTY to sitting in the stand week in week out, its not as though we are winning

He's fully fit, just not getting a look-in. I've not got a clue why.

hibsbollah
30-04-2012, 05:42 PM
He's fully fit, just not getting a look-in. I've not got a clue why.

I heard he likes a swally or two? (not a player bashing exercise, I do like Booth).

.Sean.
30-04-2012, 05:52 PM
I heard he likes a swally or two? (not a player bashing exercise, I do like Booth).
Rubbish. I could count on one hand the times he's had a drink this year.

30-04-2012, 07:15 PM
I don't think he should be a left back, I'd push him into left midfield, he's better going forward for me anyway.

:agree: He gets bullied a bit when he's in defence, better when making the quick runs down the wing.

hibsbollah
30-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Rubbish. I could count on one hand the times he's had a drink this year.

Fair enough :aok:

Dunbar Hibee
01-05-2012, 09:13 PM
****ing hell lads, not trying to chase him out the team. Just think he had a poor game on sunday, just my opinion. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't go to games to moan and be negative.

Dunbar Hibee
01-05-2012, 09:15 PM

:rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
01-05-2012, 09:54 PM

I thought Osbourne was MOTM. Shows how different opinions can be!

These posts kinda highlight one thing that is commonplace in most of the threads on here. Opinions differ and there's now't wrong with that IMO.

FWIW I thought Pa did ok, I thought Ozzy was poor and I thought Leigh missed Gaz as a striking partner but it doesn't make me right :greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
01-05-2012, 09:56 PM
These posts kinda highlight one thing that is commonplace in most of the threads on here. Opinions differ and there's now't wrong with that IMO.

FWIW I thought Pa did ok, I thought Ozzy was poor and I thought Leigh missed Gaz as a striking partner but it doesn't make me right :greengrin

Well said Jonnyboy. :agree:

frazeHFC
01-05-2012, 10:41 PM

Wrong. You know nothing!!!

:na na: