PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Away Wednesday!

Ultrabee1-0
29-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Right forget about bad day at the office its done!.
Who's coming too Aberdeen to back the boys?
and anyone know ticket prices as its not on the club website:confused:?

Cameron1875
29-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Fair do's if your going but was there today and thats me done for the season for away games. Unless we need something at Inverness which we hopefully won't.

marinello59
29-04-2012, 08:58 PM
It's too far to travel. Stuff that.

Hainan Hibs
29-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Any REAL Hibs fan would make the journey.:agree:

5 minute walk for myself:greengrin

Ultrabee1-0
29-04-2012, 09:05 PM

exactly am taking the next day off work:flag:

marinello59
29-04-2012, 09:08 PM
[B]

exactly am taking the next day off work:flag:

Have you seen the roadworks near Dunfermline? And it might rain. And Aberdeen is bloody cold. Only the insane would travel that far for a football match. Real fans would wrap themselves in a duvet and listen to the Radio.

Ultrabee1-0
29-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Have you seen the roadworks near Dunfermline? And it might rain. And Aberdeen is bloody cold. Only the insane would travel that far for a football match. Real fans would wrap themselves in a duvet and listen to the Radio.

what good is your voice back in edinburgh wrapped in a duvet?

hibsbollah
29-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Real fans would wrap themselves in a duvet and listen to the Radio.

..and post on .net throught the 90 minutes on how shi'ite we're playing and how tactically inept Fenlon is and how we're all going to hell in a handcart :aok:

marinello59
29-04-2012, 09:14 PM
..and post on .net throught the 90 minutes on how shi'ite we're playing and how tactically inept Fenlon is and how we're all going to hell in a handcart :aok:

That's my night sorted. :greengrin

andrew70
29-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Gutted I can't make it as I can't get the time off. Such an important match and if u can make it up then do so cause the players need us more than ever.

Ultrabee1-0
29-04-2012, 09:18 PM

:top marks

hibsbollah
29-04-2012, 09:18 PM
That's my night sorted. :greengrin

You bring the prozac, i'll supply the Radiohead CDs :boo hoo:

marinello59
29-04-2012, 09:20 PM
You bring the prozac, i'll supply the Radiohead CDs :boo hoo:

Radiohead? **** that, I will go to the game. :greengrin

lyonhibs
29-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Radiohead? **** that, I will go to the game. :greengrin

I'll be getting a few beers in, stockpiling my Elbow and Radiohead CD's and settling down for a proper .net uber-fan self flagellation fest.

Can't wait!!!!

GGTTH

Northernhibee
29-04-2012, 09:59 PM
People think Radiohead and Elbow are depressing?

I'd suggest "A Moaning *****" by Malcolm Middleton, that's morose enough for a ight like this.

Mikey_1875
29-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Live just down the road so would be rude not too! One of the few games I get to in a season so looking forward to it, although not sure why :aok:

JohnStephens91
29-04-2012, 11:17 PM
I would but I work a weeknight and after booking loads of days off for the football I left this one (thinking we'd be safe) and I now instantly regret it! Hopefully a good load of people aren't put off by it being mid-week as we need the support

HIBEEDUDE
30-04-2012, 09:13 AM
I will be there not far from my work cant wait we will beat aberdeen no problem:hibees

yeezus.
30-04-2012, 11:20 AM
I'll be there. £17 for a student, I think it's £23 for an adult

PaulSmith
30-04-2012, 11:33 AM
I'll be there. 4-0 to Hibs.

shagpile
30-04-2012, 11:35 AM

The roadworks at Dunfy last 5 miles. It WILL rain. The 'toon' is always 'bloody cold'. & only the insane travel that far[or farther still]
Real fans will make the massive journey [via GWR] & be there.
Do you get radio reception where you live???:greengrin

MeldrumHibby
30-04-2012, 06:36 PM

Oh go on then, I'll go. Only live a few miles away and haven't been all season.
It'll make a nice change for the players to hear someone different booing them.
Might even bring them onto their game :wink:

Springbank
30-04-2012, 06:39 PM
I'll be there. 4-0 to Hibs.

Would transform the build up to the cup final!

Scouse Hibee
30-04-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting the much anticipated "I was at Aberdeen and deserve a cup final ticket unlike the rest of you part timers" thread.

Rossco1875
30-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Due to work I wont be there :fuming: the radio will have to do :greengrin

JIm
30-04-2012, 08:32 PM
really want to go, cant believe what aberdene are charging though for this fixture. Think thats going to rule me out.

lyonhibs
30-04-2012, 09:19 PM
really want to go, cant believe what aberdene are charging though for this fixture. Think thats going to rule me out.

Are they charging massively over the odds vs. what Hibs standardly charge???

Macaroon
30-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Fair do's if your going but was there today and thats me done for the season for away games. Unless we need something at Inverness which we hopefully won't.

We'll miss you at the cup final :cb

essexhibee
30-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Tv?

Hainan Hibs
30-04-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting the much anticipated "I was at Aberdeen and deserve a cup final ticket unlike the rest of you part timers" thread.

Cheers for the reminder, will pop off an e-mail to Hibs the now to see what can be organised:agree:

Hermit Crab
01-05-2012, 01:23 AM
I'll be there. On the Carlton express as usual. Wagons Ho!!! :-)

Hermit Crab
01-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Tv?

Unfortunately not Mr Essex your blessed with rankers v dundee utd live on Wednesday

basehibby
01-05-2012, 03:37 AM
The basehibby budget will not stretch as far as Pittodrie at the mo - wish it would though as this is our hour of need and the boys need all the backing we can give them - good on anyone that's making the journey - hope your efforts are rewarded with some precious points :pray:

:flag::flag::pfgwa:flag::flag:

JIm
01-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Are they charging massively over the odds vs. what Hibs standardly charge???

Probably not, but surely a little common sense should prevail when asking fans to travel two and a half hours minimum just to get their on a Wednesday night?

green&left
01-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Probably not, but surely a little common sense should prevail when asking fans to travel two and a half hours minimum just to get their on a Wednesday night?

Why? Would Hibs charge Inverness or Aberdeen less..?

Wether they charged £30 or £10 for an adult I don't think it would have much, if any bearing on the Hibs support.

Billychaotic182
01-05-2012, 10:00 AM
An going. Will be on my own likes but I'll be there

JIm
01-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Why? Would Hibs charge Inverness or Aberdeen less..?

Wether they charged £30 or £10 for an adult I don't think it would have much, if any bearing on the Hibs support.

Whether they would or not thats not the point i'm trying to make. The point is that clubs need to start looking at this as prices way to high.

In terms of having a bearing on support it does, i for one wont be their cause of it and i know a few others in the same boat.

Frazerbob
01-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Whether they would or not thats not the point i'm trying to make. The point is that clubs need to start looking at this as prices way to high.

In terms of having a bearing on support it does, i for one wont be their cause of it and i know a few others in the same boat.

How much would they need to charge for you to make the trip up?

JIm
01-05-2012, 01:07 PM
How much would they need to charge for you to make the trip up?

I begrudge paying any more than £15 for a ticket for an away game. Whilst i do sometimes i am not willing to do this for a midweek trip to Aberdeen.

Even the concession/student ticket at £17 is ridiculous imho.

yeezus.
01-05-2012, 01:08 PM
As I live in Aberdeen, I'm trying to think of the best way to get to the south stand - there's bound to be a few bitter fans wanting to have a go at us -maybe I'll just have to wear a black jumper over my Hibs top and go past Pittodrie bar

yeezus.
01-05-2012, 01:09 PM
I begrudge paying any more than £15 for a ticket for an away game. Whilst i do sometimes i am not willing to do this for a midweek trip to Aberdeen.

:agree: Aberdeen refuse to lower ticket prices even at this time of the season

JIm
01-05-2012, 01:11 PM

Think the main point i'm trying to make here is that clubs need to do more to entice fans through the gate particularly for fixtures like this when its midweek and theres alot of travelling involved. That applies for all clubs in Scotland including Hibs.

Frazerbob
01-05-2012, 01:11 PM

Ok then, I get a freebie for Pittodrie so will happily subsidise your ticket to the tune of £8, meaning you pay £15. Where will we meet?

Frazerbob
01-05-2012, 01:13 PM
As I live in Aberdeen, I'm trying to think of the best way to get to the south stand - there's bound to be a few bitter fans wanting to have a go at us -maybe I'll just have to wear a black jumper over my Hibs top and go past Pittodrie bar

You will be fine. Never had any grief walking to Pittodrie in Hibs gear since about 1990. Usually have a pint post match in the Pit Bar as well. It's not the hell hole it used to be back in the day. Added to that, there will be around 6000 home fans at the game if you're lucky.

Chuck Rhoades
01-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Didn't think I would manage to go but decided to drive up tomorrow at 4pm. 4 passangers also confirmed. Should get there for KO.

Bring it on:devil:

yeezus.
01-05-2012, 01:18 PM
You will be fine. Never had any grief walking to Pittodrie in Hibs gear since about 1990. Usually have a pint post match in the Pit Bar as well. It's not the hell hole it used to be back in the day. Added to that, there will be around 6000 home fans at the game if you're lucky.

Fair enough, I usually head to the St Machar before hand - never had trouble there, forgetting it is a Wednesday night and as you say there will probably only be 6000 home fans. :thumbsup:

JIm
01-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Ok then, I get a freebie for Pittodrie so will happily subsidise your ticket to the tune of £8, meaning you pay £15. Where will we meet?

I think your missing my point. Its a point of principle and not looking for anyones charity. Very kind offer however mate :greengrin

If i do happen to change my mind ill take the hit and pay it.

green&left
01-05-2012, 01:21 PM

Clubs have never reduced ticket prices at this period just because they are p*** so dunno why folk expect it now.

Having to leave at half 3 - four o'clock and not returning til after midnight will put more people off going than the £23 ticket price.

And FWIW i agree the prices are a joke. But then again they are for every team and have been for years, Hibs included.

Billy Whizz
01-05-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm going on my own, I hope someone will talk to me!

Frazerbob
01-05-2012, 01:40 PM
I think your missing my point. Its a point of principle and not looking for anyones charity. Very kind offer however mate :greengrin

If i do happen to change my mind ill take the hit and pay it.

I'm not missing the point, maybe being a bit of a smart arse however :wink:

I agree in principle. Ticket prices generally are too high however the point I was trying to make was that even if tickets were priced £10, there would still be only a few hundred Hibs fans making the journey, despite this being such a massive game. It's not that long ago we used to regularly take a couple of thousand to Todders but these days, anything over an hour away seems to be off the radar.

Don't get me wrong, I live in Aberdeen and have to pick and choose my games at ER but put it this way, one of those games I'm picking is Monday, even though it's on TV. It's a massive game and I want to be there to play my part. I just think tomorrow's game is almost as important.

shagpile
01-05-2012, 04:43 PM

I will talk to you.

I'll be wearing a RED! carnation.

Stickin' oot ma erse.

Cameron1875
01-05-2012, 05:12 PM
I hate how after we lose I say that i'm not gonna go and genuinely mean it but nearer the time of the match i get the urge to go!

Train now booked so get up there for half 5, few pints, watch the game, nightout in aberdeen after and train back the next day. Superb:flag:

Northernhibee
01-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Shall make the half hour wander to Pittodrie, with a pit stop for the pub beforehand :flag:

Johnny_Leith
01-05-2012, 05:18 PM

I'll see you there B!

Lads and ladies, this is our most important game of the season thus far. We were unlucky against Killie and St Mirren and we CAN beat aberdeen if we stick together and give the team good backing up north! Not doing anything tomorrow evening? Stuff your studying, tell the mrs corrie's pash and get yourself to pittodrie!! Glory glory

wandering_hibee
01-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Live about 1.5 hours midway between Aberdeen and Inverness so it is one of the two home games for me, plus Ross County next season (hopefully!). Will definitely be there and here's hoping that play as we did in the semi.:thumbsup:

Big Frank
01-05-2012, 08:22 PM
I will be there to support the cabbage.

Up the Hibs

dmc1875
02-05-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm heading up! Managed to convince three mates at the last minute also.

We were all at St Mirren and the backing was great here's hoping for the same later!

:flag::pfgwa:flag::pfgwa

Togs91
02-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Never been to pitodrie, just wondering if walk up support can pay at the gate or will have to pop up earlyer in the day when the shops open??

SteveHFC
02-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Never been to pitodrie, just wondering if walk up support can pay at the gate or will have to pop up earlyer in the day when the shops open??

PATG :aok:

carnoustiehibee
02-05-2012, 11:06 AM
3.30 train from carsnootie for me, nip into nandos to meet all the players then few pints on the walk up. Massive game again, let's see if the master tactician can get the team up for it.

AJWisme
02-05-2012, 12:33 PM
I'll be there, granted I'm a student up here just now :wink:
But seriously, if you can make the journey, do! We need to back what we've got, if only for now :flag:

Juice-Terry
02-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Any suggestions for away-support-friendly pubs in Aberdeen? Where's everyone else going?

Cheers.

'Mon the Cabbage!

Frazerbob
02-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Any suggestions for away-support-friendly pubs in Aberdeen? Where's everyone else going?

Cheers.

'Mon the Cabbage!

The Saltoun Arms is the traditional away pub and nearest to the away end.

In the city centre, I'd recommend Old Blackfriars and The Illicit Still, both near the Castlegate at the end of Union Street.

Juice-Terry
02-05-2012, 12:43 PM
The Saltoun Arms is the traditional away pub and nearest to the away end.

In the city centre, I'd recommend Old Blackfriars and The Illicit Still, both near the Castlegate at the end of Union Street.

Much obliged sir. Cheers!