PDA

View Full Version : The last 3 games: Hibs V Dunfermline

dmc1875
29-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Right lads, last three games, we have a 3 point cushion (pretty much 4 with GD). Whats everyone's thoughts on results for our last three/dunfy last three?

Hibs final three games:

Aberdeen (A) Draw
Dunfermline (H) Win
Inverness (A) Loss

Dunfermline:

Inverness (A) Draw
Hibs (A) Loss
Kilmarnock (H) Win

We need to remember that while Dunfermline have had a couple of good weeks, they are no world beaters. If we match their result on Wednesday they will need to win against us at ER to have a 50/50 chance of staying up, meaning they will leave lots of spaces behind a fragile defence.

Its all about matching Dunfermline this Wednesday for me that will swing it :agree:

Sammy7nil
29-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Aberdeen (A) Loss
Dunfermline (H) Draw
Inverness (A) Loss

Dunfermline:

Inverness (A) Loss
Hibs (A) Draw
Kilmarnock (H) Win

We stay up on Goal Diff :cb

Nakedmanoncrack
29-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Aberdeen (A) Loss
Dunfermline (H) Draw
Inverness (A) Loss

Dunfermline:

Inverness (A) Loss
Hibs (A) Draw
Kilmarnock (H) Win

Thats much the results I had worked out as most likely.

Hibeesmad
29-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Aberdeen: loss
Dunfermline: win
Inverness: win

Dunfermline:

Inverness: draw
Hibs: loss
Kilmarnock: draw

Hibs to stay up only if we get at least a point against dunfermline!

stanton53
29-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Aberdeen (A) Loss
Dunfermline (H) Draw
Inverness (A) Loss

Dunfermline:

Inverness (A) Loss
Hibs (A) Draw
Kilmarnock (H) Win

depending what the scores are

Pretty Boy
29-04-2012, 08:33 PM
If its still in our own hands come the last day of the season I'll be happy at this moment in time.

Sammy7nil
29-04-2012, 08:37 PM
depending what the scores are

Correct I see it Hibs being 2 goals better on goal diff

Famous5forever
29-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Aberdeen: loss
Dunfermline: win
Inverness: win

Dunfermline:

Inverness: draw
Hibs: loss
Kilmarnock: draw

Hibs to stay up only if we get at least a point against dunfermline!

We can keep a clean sheet and get a nil nil draw v dunfy at home that should be enough even if we lose the other 2 games.

dutchhibby
29-04-2012, 09:32 PM
i dont think dunfermline will win again this season :greengrin

vanNISHtelroy
29-04-2012, 09:37 PM

A Kenny Shiels managed Killie have only won in Kilmarnock, Glasgow and Edinburgh....so they will get at least a point off of us :wink:

DH1875
29-04-2012, 10:25 PM

They will beat Killie in their last game. They have scored more goals than us so if it does all end evens stevens, we are down.

Sammy7nil
29-04-2012, 10:28 PM
They will beat Killie in their last game. They have scored more goals than us so if it does all end evens stevens, we are down.

Points - then Goal difference - then goals scored.

Craig_in_Prague
30-04-2012, 08:53 AM
We must at a very minimum, match what the Pars get on Wednesday night.
That way, they'll need to win at ER to have a chance, surely we could stick the baw in the net against a side that leak goals and will be fairly open.

If we lose/draw on Wed and they win, I am afraid I fear the worse.

0 goals and 0 points in the last 2 games is pitful. What is it with Hibs and in the bottom 6 after the split... even more unforgiving when we're in a relegation battle.
The players need a right good kick up the behinds.

One way or another we'll be put out our misery in 12 days time.

calumhibee1
30-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Dunfermline won't pick up another point this season.

Famous5forever
30-04-2012, 09:45 AM

I Dont get that we are only minus 30 goals whilst they are minus 37 so even if they have scored more than us we still have a 7 goal cushion over them.

Jim44
30-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Dunfermline won't pick up another point this season.

Unfortunately I think they will. I think they will get a point against us and a win against Killie. It's anybody's guess as to what we'll pick up in our other two games but we must get something out of them.

bawheid
30-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Rangers will be relegated.

jonny
30-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Rangers will be relegated.

If that was the case then 2 would come up as opposed to the bottom team not going dowwn

calumhibee1
30-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Unfortunately I think they will. I think they will get a point against us and a win against Killie. It's anybody's guess as to what we'll pick up in our other two games but we must get something out of them.

I think they will aswell but I'm trying to convince myself they won't haha. I don't however think they'll win another game, I think theyll get 2 draws and we will beat them.

Shaggy
30-04-2012, 10:19 AM
No relegation.........

.........the scottish premier, and league and association will all be disolved in the next couple of weeks and replaced with a single body fit for purpose.

two professional leagues of 16.
8 lower clubs released in to the junior set up.

Fairer split of revenues and voting rights.
Heavy investment in youth setup nationally.......

... oh sorry, that was my wish list !:rolleyes:

ballengeich
30-04-2012, 10:23 AM
A win next Monday makes other results virtually irrelevant.

ballengeich
30-04-2012, 10:30 AM
two professional leagues of 16.
8 lower clubs released in to the junior set up.

Throw a few teams out of the league? That's the kind of arrogance and lack of consideration for smaller clubs that we would all condemn if it came from Old Firm supporters. Your arithmetic's wrong - the SPL + SFL comes to 42 clubs, not the 40 you've accounted for. Perhaps the other two will have got their wish to move south?

yeezus.
30-04-2012, 10:36 AM
I think we'll lose to Aberdeen on Wednesday night, draw with Dunfermline and lose to Caley. We'll just stay up

kennyh
30-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Terry Butcher will have his lot fired up as a win for them on Wedneday takes them completely out the equation. Dons are just as bad as us and I firmly believe we will take a point off them at the very least. That will mean a min gap of 4 points and plenty GD advantage, giving us the luxury of knowing a draw is good enought V Pars on Monday but I believe we will win that too aloowing us to rest some players in Inverness if they need it.

Whatever happens on Wednesday I just hope that any Hibee who turns up on Monday has some tolerance to allow the players to make mistakes. We are there to SUPPORT the team through thick and thin. If you know you are going to moan at any missed passes then stay ay home and watch it on TV where your negativty wont have any impact.

Much as I hate them, remember how the CFC fans made a difference at Kilmarnock to save Lennon's arse, we need the same passion at The Leith San Siro on Monday night, then we can look forward again.

Shaggy
30-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Throw a few teams out of the league? That's the kind of arrogance and lack of consideration for smaller clubs that we would all condemn if it came from Old Firm supporters. Your arithmetic's wrong - the SPL + SFL comes to 42 clubs, not the 40 you've accounted for. Perhaps the other two will have got their wish to move south?

There are far many more Junior clubs with far more financial clout and stability,
than the majority of the clubs in division 2+3.
Professional clubs with attendances under 300 is a joke.
Junior clubs can vary between 2000+ and 500.

The Scottish professional leagues can learn alot from part-time Junior clubs on how to operate

DH1875
30-04-2012, 11:32 AM
I Dont get that we are only minus 30 goals whilst they are minus 37 so even if they have scored more than us we still have a 7 goal cushion over them.

7 goals are nothing, they've scored that in their last 2 games. Think we will both get beat mid-week and hopefully they lose more goals than us but try this on for size. IF they beat us 1-0 next week that's 2 off. Go to the last game of the season and say they win 3-0 and we get beat 2-0, that's the 7 goals wiped out. IF we finish level on points and goal difference, we go down as they've scored more.

Dunfermline game is massive and can't believe people are still under the illusion we've no chance of going down.

ballengeich
30-04-2012, 01:25 PM
There are far many more Junior clubs with far more financial clout and stability,
than the majority of the clubs in division 2+3.
Professional clubs with attendances under 300 is a joke.
Junior clubs can vary between 2000+ and 500.

The Scottish professional leagues can learn alot from part-time Junior clubs on how to operate

While I'd agree with you that the SFL could learn from the Junior clubs in how to balance income and expenditure, I don't recognise your attendance figures. I go to 10-15 junior games in an average season and the only time I've seen 2000+ is at cup finals. For ordinary games around 100 is more normal, and as admission is typically £5 a head the clubs certainly haven't the financial clout of even the poorest SLF teams. There may be one or two clubs with larger attendances, but I don't have facts on average attendances to prove the point one way or the other.

Can I also point out the the lower division SFL clubs are entirely part-time so are only professional in the same way that the juniors are. I don't know what benefit you think would come from removing clubs from the SFL. My objection was to it being done by the bigger clubs kicking them out. The SPL's objection to a 16 club division as proposed by you is that it would reduce fixtures from 38 to 30 each season and that's a substantial % drop in income.

I like your idea for more money in youth development and fairer distribution of revenue.

Anyway as this is becoming a thread hijack, let's see Hibs win their final games, with Monday being the most vital.

Hainan Hibs
30-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Aberdeen 1 - 0 Hibs
Inverness 2 - 1 Dunfermline

Hibs 27 pts
Dunfermline 24 pts

Hibernian 1 - 2 Dunfermline

Hibs 27 pts
Dunfermline 27 pts

Dunfermline 3 - 0 Kilmarnock

Dunfermline 30 pts
Hibs 27pts

Hibs need a win to stay up on goal difference, and with five minutes to go we are drawing 1 all with Inverness and going down. We throw everything including the kitchen sink at Inverness but it looks like it is beyond us. 2 minutes into extra time a corner is whipped in by Griffths, the keeper fumbles, and in the melee O'Connor slams the baw into the roof of the net causing mayhem within the army of travelling hibs fans.

I should really be a storywriter:greengrin

Andy74
30-04-2012, 01:53 PM
If that was the case then 2 would come up as opposed to the bottom team not going dowwn

I think it depends when it happens, if it's after the league is finished one goes down and two come up. If they are liquidated before the end of the season then in theory there would be no relegation.

Still, if they come up with a newco we could be down whilst living within our means and a new Rangers stay in the SPL. Brilliant eh.

Hibees07
30-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Hibs

Aberdeen (A) Loss 2-0
Dunfermline (H) Loss 1-2
Inverness (A) Loss 1-0

Dunfermline:

Inverness (A) Win 0-1
Hibs (A) Win 1-2
Kilmarnock (H) Draw 1-1

Pars easily, Hibs will only score 1 goal in the next 3 games, a consolation against the Pars.

YehButNoBut
30-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Think we'll get a point against Aberdeen and beat Dunfermline next Monday.

Job done then rest everybody against ICT. :aok: