PDA

View Full Version : ST Refund if relegated?

james
29-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Any chance of one? im very scared we will be in divison 1 and im no watching that pish thats for sure in division one. :cb

Gatecrasher
29-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Any chance of one? im very scared we will be in divison 1 and im no watching that pish thats for sure in division one. :cb

:giruy:

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2012, 07:21 PM

That's the spirit

Sean1875
29-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Unbelievable. Cracking 'fan' :aok:

Jonnyboy
29-04-2012, 07:23 PM

Deary me

lyonhibs
29-04-2012, 07:23 PM

Look at me, look at me, look at me.

:hyper:

james
29-04-2012, 07:24 PM
i cant really afford it so it was a struggle to counger up enough, and we're not really going to enjoy it are we? so i would rather spend the 400 quid somewhere else,

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Unbelievable. Cracking 'fan' :aok:

You missed ny at end of last word:wink:

Sammy7nil
29-04-2012, 07:25 PM

I think the club would have to offer a refund if relegated.
The ST was sold as SPL with games against OF if relegated that is not what you bought.

I dare say the club would try to refuse but can't see how they could refuse a refund request.

PS you won't need one we will beat the Pars

CropleyWasGod
29-04-2012, 07:26 PM

Look on the bright side. You'll get to see a few wins, and you'll have priority for tickets for the Challenge Cup.

:rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
29-04-2012, 07:26 PM
i cant really afford it so it was a struggle to counger up enough, and we're not really going to enjoy it are we? so i would rather spend the 400 quid somewhere else,

What was your rush in buying it so early then? Not as though we've been playing scintillating football and you couldnae wait incase they all sold out

hibee
29-04-2012, 07:27 PM

Are you handing back the cup final ticket too? The 1st division was probably the most enjoyable season I can remember anyway!

MSK
29-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Deary meAye ..bedwetters are out in force tonight JC ..:agree:

marinello59
29-04-2012, 08:16 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

You bought a season ticket? Aye, right.

Pete
29-04-2012, 08:26 PM

Where? Tynecastle?

Danderhall Hibs
29-04-2012, 08:27 PM

Yep - just nip into the TO tomorrow mate and they'll sort you out.

joebakerforever
30-04-2012, 01:21 AM
As Petrie bears an uncanny resemblance to Albert E. Arkwright, you will have as much chance of a refund as getting money out that shop till :boo hoo:

JohnStephens91
30-04-2012, 01:28 AM
Hibs are my team through thick and thin. If we go down, we go down together and we'll come back up together. Obviously I'd prefer it if we stayed in the SPL, but to me it will not damage the support I give to the players and coaching staff. Remember this: Hibs are Hibs regardless of what division we play in.

Sylar
30-04-2012, 01:44 AM
On a bit of a hiding to nothing with the thread really and I doubt you're surprised by the responses.

However, it would be interesting to note if there is some form of clause in the ST contract, as £405 to watch first division football is exorbitant. At least some form of revised pricing surely must be offered, even if on a "donation" basis. By that, I mean they could offer fans the chance to have £x back, include free cup games across all 3 competitions, or show their support by being happy to pay the amount and use it for additional investment.

Particularly when you consider that the prices are based on games vs the Old Firm and Hearts, if these fixtures don't exist, I can see there being quite a queue at Mr Petrie's door IFwe enter worst case scenario.

jgl07
30-04-2012, 02:46 AM
On a bit of a hiding to nothing with the thread really and I doubt you're surprised by the responses.

However, it would be interesting to note if there is some form of clause in the ST contract, as £405 to watch first division football is exorbitant. At least some form of revised pricing surely must be offered, even if on a "donation" basis. By that, I mean they could offer fans the chance to have £x back, include free cup games across all 3 competitions, or show their support by being happy to pay the amount and use it for additional investment.

Particularly when you consider that the prices are based on games vs the Old Firm and Hearts, if these fixtures don't exist, I can see there being quite a queue at Mr Petrie's door IFwe enter worst case scenario.

Do us a favour, that is a pathetic excuse for an argument.

Anyone who has renewed a season ticket without any certainty as to which League Hibs will play in next season will have no recourse to law. You can whine all you like but it is an example of 'caveat emptor' (let the buyer beware).

I am quite prepared to return my 2012-13 season ticket to Hibs in the event that a Rangers Newco are allowed back into the SPL. I would not expect or even accept a refund in this circumstance.

Littlest Hobo
30-04-2012, 02:51 AM

Tell the truth now, you bought your ST in a blind panic so you could get your hands on a ticket for the final.
All of a sudden it's hit you that you just spent the equivelant to a weeks holiday in the sunny Greek isles and your gutted. Enjoy the final young man.

brydekirk
30-04-2012, 06:47 AM

You won't be wanting ur cup final ticket then ?

frazeHFC
30-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Are you handing back the cup final ticket too? The 1st division was probably the most enjoyable season I can remember anyway!

And the best trip of the season has been Ayr. :agree:

Sudds_1
30-04-2012, 08:15 AM
You missed ny at end of last word:wink:

nah...at least one of those has some uses...........

.........this clown is a waste of air :rolleyes:

Sudds_1
30-04-2012, 08:20 AM

Anyone who has renewed a season ticket without any certainty as to which League Hibs will play in next season will have no recourse to law. You can whine all you like but it is an example of 'caveat emptor' (let the buyer beware).

I am quite prepared to return my 2012-13 season ticket to Hibs in the event that a Rangers Newco are allowed back into the SPL. I would not expect or even accept a refund in this circumstance.

mind you.......we were promised free uglies tickets.

So, assuming the huns stay where they are, we get 4 friendlies................ or I sue! :-)

Spike Mandela
30-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Not sure why the OP is getting such a hard time. If we are relegated to the first division we HAVE been sold a dud and the club will have to address it. Premier league prices and free OF tickets not any good to us.

cocopops1875
30-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Not sure why the OP is getting such a hard time. If we are relegated to the first division we HAVE been sold a dud and the club will have to address it. Premier league prices and free OF tickets not any good to us.
Em maybe because he bought the ST with his eyes wide open, or have we only started flirting with relegation.

Spike Mandela
30-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Em maybe because he bought the ST with his eyes wide open, or have we only started flirting with relegation.

Correct but many fans only bought a season because of the freebies or indeed to get a cup final ticket. The club would have to address the issue by either partial refunds or other benefits.

Sylar
30-04-2012, 09:28 AM

God, the attitude of some on here is abhorrent right now.

The club have sold packages based on Premier League prices and free tickets against both Rangers and Celtic for every ST holder. I'm not suggesting they'd suddenly be inundated with lawsuits, I'm merely wondering if the club would have something in place to allow a change in the pricing or what is part of the package, otherwise they're selling supporters an enigmatic product. I agree that those who have already bought, have bought with a large amount of uncertainty but I would hope the club value their supporters/customers enough to address the issue. Of course, until we know what division we're going to be in, it's almost a moot point, but the average cost of 1st Division football is £240 by comparison.

I'm aware the club can't publicly be seen to be negative or pessimistic about the chances of staying up, but to advertise SPL packages with such confidence and authority will make them look entirely stupid at best if we go down. There's probably good reason the Pars haven't announced any such packages yet.

marinello59
30-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Correct but many fans only bought a season because of the freebies or indeed to get a cup final ticket. The club would have to address the issue by either partial refunds or other benefits.

Apart from the Cup top up I don't see that many will have been swayed by freebies when it came to making their purchase. Every year it's an act of faith rather than a logical purchase. Those who only bought Season tickets for next year in order to get a cup final ticket will have got what they paid for.

Jim44
30-04-2012, 09:41 AM
If relegated, I would be astounded if the club did not offer a refund or some sort of readjustment. Something like a discount on the purchase of the next season's 'SPL' season tiicket would not surprise me.:greengrin

Spike Mandela
30-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Apart from the Cup top up I don't see that many will have been swayed by freebies when it came to making their purchase. Every year it's an act of faith rather than a logical purchase. Those who only bought Season tickets for next year in order to get a cup final ticket will have got what they paid for.

Act of faith? Most years you at least have knowledge of what league you will be in.

The early bird offer was an extremely attractive offer and will have swayed many, including myself. Let's face it if we do get relegated the club will not sell another single season ticket priced at over £430 a pop.

Keith_M
30-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Leaving aside whether or not the OP is an undercover Yam...

I think the current highest ST in the 1st Division is around the 200 quid mark.

Considering a lot of people think that 400 quid is too high to watch the standard of play we currently have in the SPL, it does seem exorbitant to pay that much to watch 1st Division football.

A few weeks ago I was quite confident we wouldn't get relegated, now I'm not so sure. Hibs have (according to most) played well but got nothing out of the last couple of games. A sign of a good team is the opposite, playing badly but still being able to win. Take your own conclusions from that.

marinello59
30-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Act of faith? Most years you at least have knowledge of what league you will be in.

The early bird offer was an extremely attractive offer and will have swayed many, including myself. Let's face it if we do get relegated the club will not sell another single season ticket priced at over £430 a pop.

OK, maybe slightly more faith was needed this year. :greengrin

cocopops1875
30-04-2012, 11:03 AM

The club wouldnt " have " to do anything, I'm sure they would though. It's the same as the cup top up you could get no games, do you get a refund ? No its just how it is

DH1875
30-04-2012, 11:06 AM
I doubt you'd get a refund but they'd have to do something. Your off your head paying £400 to watch 1st division football, Hibs or not.

down-the-slope
30-04-2012, 11:53 AM
don't worry - in the unlikely event Hibs will do something by way od compensation...

you will get to bring a 'friend' for free to assist sharing your misery....:devil:

cocopops1875
30-04-2012, 12:15 PM
I doubt you'd get a refund but they'd have to do something. Your off your head paying £400 to watch 1st division football, Hibs or not.

I didn't pay it to watch 1st division football, I paid to watch Hibs I don't sit watching us play Celtic all in awe because its Celtic buzzing for hooper, I GO TO WATCH HIBS

Houchy
30-04-2012, 12:19 PM

Bet you want a final ticket though eh?

proud_and_green
30-04-2012, 12:23 PM
I think there will be a number of tough decisions for Hibs if the unthinkable happens.

I cannot imagine the club would be able to continue to charge Premier League gate prices for walk up fans and definitely not for away fans. So then if they reduce the tickets to 1st Div prices for walk ups would they not also have to reduce the cost for seasons as well.

Jim44
30-04-2012, 12:26 PM
I didn't pay it to watch 1st division football, I paid to watch Hibs I don't sit watching us play Celtic all in awe because its Celtic buzzing for hooper, I GO TO WATCH HIBS

It doesn't matter what your or anybody's intentions in buying the ST were. The fact is that the club has possibly sold a product which they may not be able to honour , thereby breaching the Sales of Goods Act. Whether you or anybody else would or would not invoke their rights is a personal choice.

DH1875
30-04-2012, 12:26 PM

Your taking the uber fan to the extreme. If your willing to pay £400 TO WATCH HIBS in the 1ST DIVISION and no have a moan about it, more fool you.

cocopops1875
30-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Your taking the uber fan to the extreme. If your willing to pay £400 TO WATCH HIBS in the 1ST DIVISION and no have a moan about it, more fool you.

I'm hardly an uberfan but I knew the score when i renewed so why moan now ? I could have waited and seen our situation come the end of the season, but I used the early bird and payment plan and thought I will take a chance, I get 2 cup final tickets for my blind faith which means my old boy (who missed the cup win over killie after a fall outside the stadium)can come with me. It's not about claiming to be an uberfan its about what I do on Saturday (or Sunday or Friday or monday or wednesday if tv dictates) I rarely go away and there are far better fans than I.

Mikeystewart
30-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Has anyone actually asked the club and got a straight answer?

Hibernia Na Eir
30-04-2012, 12:46 PM
2006 lead up all over again....

cocopops1875
30-04-2012, 12:47 PM
It doesn't matter what your or anybody's intentions in buying the ST were. The fact is that the club has possibly sold a product which they may not be able to honour , thereby breaching the Sales of Goods Act. Whether you or anybody else would or would not invoke their rights is a personal choice.

I'm pretty sure they will have covered themselves in the t&c's that no old firm games were assured, same if rangers get the boot are Hibs at fault for not supplying free tickets ?

jgl07
30-04-2012, 12:48 PM

It was perfectly clear from the League Tables from the time when season tickets for 2012-13 went on sale that Hibs could well go down. Nothing really has changed since then.

People who bought a season ticket prior to the semi-final either did so on the basis of indifference to which League Hibs could play in or blind loyalty or stupidity. Those who bought after the semi-final could also have been doing it to ensure a they got a cup final ticket.

I don't recall season ticket prices being cut when Hibs were last relegated. I think that the price was frozen.

There is one obvious ground for a partial refund in the event of relegation as there are 36 matches in the SFL rather than 38 in the SPL. I think that an extra offer is more likely that a refund. Also some other special offer might be a nice gesture to come up with a new offer to replace the OF freebie tickets.

But a full refund is not really likely is it?

Onion
30-04-2012, 01:18 PM
I think there will be a number of tough decisions for Hibs if the unthinkable happens.

I cannot imagine the club would be able to continue to charge Premier League gate prices for walk up fans and definitely not for away fans. So then if they reduce the tickets to 1st Div prices for walk ups would they not also have to reduce the cost for seasons as well.

:agree: Not a cat in hells chance of Hibs getting away with charging PL prices if we get relegated. The offer included incentives based around OF matches which clearly couldn't be fulfilled, so that alone would force them to offer a refund. But not gonna happen, we're staying up and winning the Cup - sorted.

marinello59
30-04-2012, 01:39 PM

If the barrack room lawyers on here want to insist on only paying First Division prices IF we are relegated then fair enough. Let's all pay First Division prices and enjoy watching the First Division standard players that our budget would stretch too. Think of the money we could all save over the course of several seasons down there. Some ''fools'' may think that one season down there will be enough for a club of Hibs stature. Bouncing straight back up would probably mean paying standard SPL wages though and those same ''fools' would probably see some logic in a paying their share of that.

Hibrandenburg
30-04-2012, 01:45 PM

Did you buy it via the new dynamic booking system?

Hibrandenburg
30-04-2012, 01:50 PM

Did you buy it via the new dynamic booking system?

Jim44
30-04-2012, 01:58 PM
If the barrack room lawyers on here want to insist on only paying First Division prices IF we are relegated then fair enough. Let's all pay First Division prices and enjoy watching the First Division standard players that our budget would stretch too. Think of the money we could all save over the course of several seasons down there. Some ''fools'' may think that one season down there will be enough for a club of Hibs stature. Bouncing straight back up would probably mean paying standard SPL wages though and those same ''fools' would probably see some logic in a paying their share of that.

Firstly, let's not forget that this discussion is purely hypothetical and no need to get excited about it and start calling each other names. If your argument holds water and the Club puts it to the fans that they intend to use the 'extra' cash paid by default to strengthen the team and maximise a speedy return to the SPL and be seen to do this, I think most fans would go along with it.

francobaresi
01-05-2012, 06:59 AM

If you're confident we're going down stick a £100 on us getting relegated, that should cover your losses! Then pass on to someone for heehaw:wink:

The Falcon
01-05-2012, 07:06 AM

Perhaps Hibs should give us the tickets for free and, after the game, we can decide if they were worth the admission or not and then decide to pay? They could also lay on a taxi home and a chippy FOC? Would folk be happy then?

spike220
01-05-2012, 08:07 AM
The cup final tickets are for season ticket holders, the club is legally within its right to void any tickets from anyone attempting this petty fraud. If you no longer are season ticket holder then you lose the benefits that go with it. Trust me on this :wink:

DH1875
01-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Apparently according to the cup final thread you can cancel your ST and get a refund.

Winston Ingram
01-05-2012, 11:12 AM

Thank god we're not all like you or the club would be Donald Ducked :giruy:

Sir David Gray
01-05-2012, 03:45 PM
I think the original question that has been posed here is fair enough.

There is simply no chance at all that Hibs can expect anyone to pay £400 for a season ticket, if we're playing in the first division next year.

I know that the people who have already renewed their season tickets have done so by being fully aware that we are in danger of being relegated but, even still, it would be extremely bad PR if we did get relegated and no compensation of any kind was made available at all.

marinello59
01-05-2012, 04:12 PM
I think the original question that has been posed here is fair enough.

There is simply no chance at all that Hibs can expect anyone to pay £400 for a season ticket, if we're playing in the first division next year.

I know that the people who have already renewed their season tickets have done so by being fully aware that we are in danger of being relegated but, even still, it would be extremely bad PR if we did get relegated and no compensation of any kind was made available at all.

No it isn't. He hasn't queried the price, he wants a full refund as he doesn't want to go at all to watch 'pish' in the first division.

SquashedFrogg
01-05-2012, 05:43 PM
No it isn't. He hasn't queried the price, he wants a full refund as he doesn't want to go at all to watch 'pish' in the first division.

If the worst came to the worst I'm prepared to bet that it'll be more entertaining at ER next season than this season :agree:

With that in mind maybe we should actually be paying more? :nerd:

davey 2 good
01-05-2012, 06:42 PM
The only good thing about being relegated is that all our games will be on Saturday at 3 o clock

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk