PDA

View Full Version : going doon

Hibsdeb
29-04-2012, 06:30 PM
if we go down it might actually not be that bad.we need to rebuild and if we escape relegation by the skin of our teeth and win the cup nothing will probably change the cracks will just be papered over.maybe we need a year out of the spl its pretty boring anyway.thoughts?:flag:

Chrissie_aka_Davoo
29-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Yam.

Dinkydoo
29-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Just **** off.

Hibsdeb
29-04-2012, 06:35 PM
yam?????????????just a opinion asking for other peoples would u tell me to f off to my face?i dont post much on here because of idiots like you two i am a season ticket holder and have been for years.

Bostonhibby
29-04-2012, 06:36 PM
if we go down it might actually not be that bad.we need to rebuild and if we escape relegation by the skin of our teeth and win the cup nothing will probably change the cracks will just be papered over.maybe we need a year out of the spl its pretty boring anyway.thoughts?:flag:

To be fair, it would be a good platform to launch an assault on the Champions League with a definite aim of winning it within 3 years and using the money to build a £51m megasuperhotelstadium, we could probably crack the Old Firm monopoly as a bit of a sideline as well, what do you think, is this credible / believable?:wink:

Dinkydoo
29-04-2012, 06:38 PM
yam?????????????just a opinion asking for other peoples would u tell me to f off to my face?i dont post much on here because of idiots like you two i am a season ticket holder and have been for years.

Yes I would.

In what conceivable way would relegation be a good thing?

If you post rubbish you should expect to get rubbish in response. Ask a silly question and all that.......

Hibsdeb
29-04-2012, 06:40 PM
To be fair, it would be a good platform to launch an assault on the Champions League with a definite aim of winning it within 3 years and using the money to build a £51m megasuperhotelstadium, we could probably crack the Old Firm monopoly as a bit of a sideline as well, what do you think, is this credible / believable?:wink:
haha so if we win the cup will we be any better next year?i am not saying i want to get relegated i am saying it might not be such a bad thing ids it too much to ask for some sensible replies???

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2012, 06:41 PM
If you aren't a Yam, you are seriously wrong. Not a good start to your .net career. Relegation would be a financial disaster and, given the teams in Division 1, we could be down there for some time. If you're a Hibee, stop talking like one of the maroon clowns. Admin, be vigilant.

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2012, 06:41 PM
haha so if we win the cup will we be any better next year?i am not saying i want to get relegated i am saying it might not be such a bad thing ids it too much to ask for some sensible replies???

Financially it would be a disaster, relegation must simply not happen...

stevenhibs
29-04-2012, 06:44 PM
I kind of see your point to be fair. We came back far stronger from it last time.

Relegation is never nice to go through though so you're probably barking up the wrong tree here.

Bostonhibby
29-04-2012, 06:44 PM

Sensible post, sensible reply? there's a connection -Did you see the wee smiley? :wink: :bye:

Hibsdeb
29-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Yes I would.

If you post rubbish you should expect to get rubbish in response. Ask a silly question and all that.......
rubbish in your OPINION.look what happened when we went down the last time we came back a much stronger club.next year will be the same a team full of second rate english ,irish and foreign failures.we need to get back to bringing through our own players.the last 4 years have been awful as bad as the eighties something has to change

Dinkydoo
29-04-2012, 06:50 PM
rubbish in your OPINION.look what happened when we went down the last time we came back a much stronger club.next year will be the same a team full of second rate english ,irish and foreign failures.we need to get back to bringing through our own players.the last 4 years have been awful as bad as the eighties something has to change

Where is the finance for this stronger team going to come from?

You said:

"next year will be the same a team full of second rate english ,irish and foreign failures"

Yet you expect us to be rebuilt as a better side if we are relegated.

Rubbish :agree:

Broken Gnome
29-04-2012, 06:51 PM
If we go down, we're not winning the cup. And would struggle in the first.

No good can come from relegation. At all. It has a direct influence on May 19, and is just as, if not more, important.

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2012, 06:52 PM

Do you really think relegation is the key to improvement, deb? Really? It could ruin us. Your timing is terrible here. We MUST stay up and re-build from within the SPL. Relegation could kill us.

Hibsdeb
29-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Do you really think relegation is the key to improvement, deb? Really? It could ruin us. Your timing is terrible here. We MUST stay up and re-build from within the SPL. Relegation could kill us.
look i don't want relegated.obviously no one does but all i am saying is if we did it would give us the chance to maybe build a team of settled players not a team of loanees and panic buys at every transfer window.how the **** are we meant to improve when most of our players are only here for 6 months .obviously relegation is not a nice thought but can anyone see anyway how we are possibly going to get better?we have had umpteen managers in the last few years and we are getting worse and worse.something needs to be done i wish i knew what sorry if i have pissed anyone of but it wasn't my intention i love hibs always have always will.

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Yes I would.

How is it rubbish ?

That is a long way from being the first post on here over the last 12 months asking the same question. There are a few folk who look back at the Sauzee era ( which was the result of a period in the first division following a long decline ) with a great deal of pleasure.

I admit that there is no guarantee that things would work out the same way if we went down again, but Hibsdeb is totally right in one regard at least.

If ( or rather when, coz I do think we will ) we escape relegation and if by some miracle we do win the cup the fact will remain that in the long run we have been poor for nearly 3 seasons now and there is no sign that this team is the answer.

The OP was reasonable .... and to go calling folk Yams is bang out of order and comes too bloody easily to some folk on this board IMO.

marinello59
29-04-2012, 07:15 PM

Relegation would be a disaster and even I wouldn't attermpt to put a positive spin on that. I have experienced that feeling twice now and no way will that have prepared me for a third time. So don't be shocked at the response you have received here.

Sas_The_Hibby
29-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Relegation can be a blessing in disguise in some situations, but not, I fear, in this one.

The only chance of it being good for us would be, IMO, if whatever is rank rotten throughout the club, in way of attitude, discipline, ambition and a proper balance between the financial bottom line and the quality of the team, was sorted. If things continue as they are behind the scenes, then going down would do us no good at all as we may well struggle to return for several seasons, by which time we could have become a Dundee Mark II, i.e. very much a First Division club, with the occasional season in the SPL.

Hibsdeb
29-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Relegation can be a blessing in disguise in some situations, but not, I fear, in this one.

The only chance of it being good for us would be, IMO, if whatever is rank rotten throughout the club, in way of attitude, discipline, ambition and a proper balance between the financial bottom line and the quality of the team, was sorted. If things continue as they are behind the scenes, then going down would do us no good at all as we may well struggle to return for several seasons, by which time we could have become a Dundee Mark II, i.e. very much a First Division club, with the occasional season in the SPL.
yes mate that is the worry :top marks

Baader
29-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Relegation would be an absolute disaster. We need to make sure we are an SPL club next season. That is number 1 priority even ahead of 19th May

Dinkydoo
29-04-2012, 07:24 PM
How is it rubbish ?

I said

Where is the finance for this stronger team going to come from?

You said:

";next year will be the same a team full of second rate english ,irish and foreign failures"

Yet you expect us to be rebuilt as a better side if we are relegated.

Rubbish :agree:

That is a long way from being the first post on here over the last 12 months asking the same question.

They would have been talking rubbish too.

There are a few folk who look back at the Sauzee era ( which was the result of a period in the first division following a long decline ) with a great deal of pleasure.

Me too.

I admit that there is no guarantee that things would work out the same way if we went down again, but Hibsdeb is totally right in one regard at least.

If ( or rather when, coz I do think we will ) we escape relegation and if by some miracle we do win the cup the fact will remain that in the long run we have been poor for nearly 3 seasons now and there is no sign that this team is the answer.

Most of the new players are short term loans which should aid the squad rebuilding in the summer.

If we are in the 1st Division next year then I fully expect our board to alter our budget accordingly.

The OP was reasonable .... and to go calling folk Yams is bang out of order and comes too bloody easily to some folk on this board IMO.

Nope, it was far from reasonable, so I responded in a similar manner - and was far from reasonable myself.

You think the quality if players we have now are bad, who exactly will we be able to attract whilst in division 1?

Last time was fortunate, but it is highly unlikely that it will happen again.

Oh and I didn't call them a yam, I told them to **** off :wink:

Hibercelona
29-04-2012, 07:27 PM
We deserve to go down.

Not just the players, but the fans as well....

Dinkydoo
29-04-2012, 07:29 PM
We deserve to go down.

I don't, I very rarely pish the bed :greengrin:

29-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Anyone that thinks relegation would be ok is kidding themselves! Relegation would be nothing short of a complete nightmare. What good quality players would be attracted to a team in the first division, and many of our decent players would properly leave to clubs in better leagues, where they would be able to play in big games, not against Ayr/Morton/Partick Thistle etc. We would take a massive financial hit and would be a complete laughing stock.

The problems at our club are more than obvious, staying up is not going to make people turn a blind eye and forget, and believe everything is okay. There will hopefully be a massive clearout in the summer and having SPL status will help attract good players.

Sas_The_Hibby
29-04-2012, 07:44 PM
yes mate that is the worry :top marks

:confused: Make your mind up! Or are you a yam on the wind up?

Pete
29-04-2012, 08:04 PM
if we were to go down I sure as hell wouldn't like to rely on east mains to find a team to bring us back up.
Serious money would have to be spent to make sure we get up first time of asking therefore minimising the damage.

Hibsdeb
29-04-2012, 08:16 PM
right had a warning fair enough but please dont anyone call me a yam its not even funny

HNA6
29-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Can we please debate without the keyboard gangster pish thanks..

Hiber-nation
29-04-2012, 08:24 PM
We deserve to go down.

If we end up bottom we deserve to go down. If we're 2nd bottom we don't.

Don't even get me started on this absurd "blame the fans" stuff.

Hibsdeb
29-04-2012, 08:32 PM
:top marks
Can we please debate without the keyboard gangster pish thanks..

Cameron1875
29-04-2012, 08:32 PM
We deserve to go down.

Can you please explain why the fans deserve it or are you just trolling?

marinello59
29-04-2012, 08:36 PM
We deserve to go down.

:greengrin Ok wee hibeee............maybe the players, the fans deserve a Champions League winning team. That will never happen , fingers crossed relegation doesn't either.

stanton53
29-04-2012, 08:37 PM
right had a warning fair enough but please dont anyone call me a yam its not even funny

it seems to be the way things go on here,if you upset folk you are accused of being a Jambo .

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2012, 08:39 PM

Fair enough, but someone with less than a handful of posts who says that relegation might be a blessing in disguise, won't be flavour of the month on a day like today. I fear relegation would consign us to SFL football for a long time, and we can re-build without such a misfortune. Survive this season and we have the summer to restructure and improve next term. SPL standard is poor and we should be able to hold our own. There's no way next season will be as bad in the league if the basics are done properly over the summer.

RosComain
29-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Much as I wish the relegation issue had been put to bed weeks ago it looks increasingly like it might go down to the wire. Ironically it might actually set us up better for the final if we beat inverness on the last day to stay up and then go to hampden on the back of that rather than playing 5 meaningless games post split cos we'd been safe since game 33.just my opinion though, hope its settled after this midweek.

Dinkydoo
29-04-2012, 08:59 PM
it seems to be the way things go on here,if you upset folk you are accused of being a Jambo .

Not quite true.

See Hibernia&Alba's post above - a fair reflection on the OP IMO.

Alex Trager
29-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Financially it would be a disaster, relegation must simply not happen...

I agree. But I think it is going to happen. For the first time this season,today, something changed and it left me feeling that Hibs will be relegated

Sas_The_Hibby
29-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Fair enough, but someone with less than a handful of posts who says that relegation might be a blessing in disguise, won't be flavour of the month on a day like today. I fear relegation would consign us to SFL football for a long time, and we can re-build without such a misfortune. Survive this season and we have the summer to restructure and improve next term. SPL standard is poor and we should be able to hold our own. There's no way next season will be as bad in the league if the basics are done properly over the summer.

And then agrees with a post saying that relegation would NOT be a blessing in disguise..................... :wink:

Sas_The_Hibby
29-04-2012, 09:56 PM
We deserve to go down.

But I'm only an on-loan fan, 'til the end of the season' so it won't affect me. :greengrin

heid the baw
29-04-2012, 11:39 PM
· Fenlon was brought in at the end of November due to fears of relegation.
· Jeffries was brought in March due to fears of relegation.
· Fenlon brought in a raft of player in January in a bid to stave off relegation.
· Jim Jeffries did not have a transfer window.
· Hibs have won one SPL game at home this season.

Had Hibs beaten a Kilmarnock side, with nothing to play for, at home last week, all we needed be safe was for Dunfermline to drop a single point in their remaining 4 games. Somehow that fact eluded the players, management ect.

Everything this season points to relegation. We knew 6 months ago that it was a possibility, we have had a dozen opportunities to change it, but here we are in May, fast running out of runway.

We knew last year that we were relegation candidates, and that the only thing saving us was a Dunfermline side that were even more ****. Had Jeffries gone there in January we would already be down.

This is without doubt the most spineless, fight free, apathetic Hibs side that I have ever seen. They deserve to go down.

This is my first post here, call me a yam if you want, but I am simply a Hibby who cannot believe what has happened to the team that I have supported all my days.

Saorsa
29-04-2012, 11:41 PM
quick, somebody pass me a rope.

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/hanggreen.gif

dmc1875
29-04-2012, 11:45 PM
· Fenlon brought in a raft of player in January in a bid to stave off relegation.

Had Hibs beaten a Kilmarnock side, with nothing to play for, at home last week, all we needed be safe was for Dunfermline to drop a single point in their remaining 4 games. Somehow that fact eluded the players, management ect.

Everything this season points to relegation. We knew 6 months ago that it was a possibility, we have had a dozen opportunities to change it, but here we are in May, fast running out of runway.

We knew last year that we were relegation candidates, and that the only thing saving us was a Dunfermline side that were even more ****. Had Jeffries gone there in January we would already be down.

This is without doubt the most spineless, fight free, apathetic Hibs side that I have ever seen. They deserve to go down.

This is my first post here, call me a yam if you want, but I am simply a Hibby who cannot believe what has happened to the team that I have supported all my days.

If Calderwood had stayed we would already be down, I'm certain of that.

Jeffries was brought in as a last ditch attempt to stop relegation because he is a proven man manager and I am sure it would not have slipped the directors mind that eyebrows would raise at ER as well about the appointment...

We have won one game at home, shocking and there is no excusing that but the current squad of players is superior to the shower that we had to endure the first half of the season.

A back four of towell stephens/hanlon o'hanlon booth would send shivers down the hardiest hibbys spine!! And that is what we were dealing with week in week out.

edinburghhibee
29-04-2012, 11:46 PM

As much as I agree with most of your post we still only need to win one and DAFC to drop one point nothing has changed there, I went through to Paisley the day and again like the Killie game we just failed to put away our chances and the last 20 minutes we completely ran out of idea's. I still don't think we will go down but we are trying our best to prove me wrong as much as DAFC won this weeknd I can't see them winning in Inverness I think we can get a result on wednesday.

heid the baw
29-04-2012, 11:50 PM
As much as I agree with most of your post we still only need to win one and DAFC to drop one point nothing has changed there, I went through to Paisley the day and again like the Killie game we just failed to put away our chances and the last 20 minutes we completely ran out of idea's. I still don't think we will go down but we are trying our best to prove me wrong as much as DAFC won this weeknd I can't see them winning in Inverness I think we can get a result on wednesday.

I hope we stay up, but I honestly don't see it. We played 2 teams with nothing to play for and got not one point. Pittodrie is a harder gig than Killie at home. The attitude of this team is all wrong

dmc1875
29-04-2012, 11:51 PM

I dont think thats right???

If we lose 2 and win 1 of our next three we have 30pts

If Dunfermline win 2 and draw 1 of their next three they will have 31pts? :confused:

Hibercelona
29-04-2012, 11:52 PM
It makes no difference what players we bring in to the club.

We infect them with our loser mentality, regardless of how good they were before they came.

It's no coincidence that players are good before the come here and are just as good once they leave. (but mince while they're here!)

We expect every player who comes through the door at ER to be crap, therefore, thats exactly what we get.

Littlest Hobo
30-04-2012, 03:01 AM
I thought we dominated the second half today and showed quite a bit of desire. It just didn't happen for us in front of goal. Am I worried, yes too right i am but I'll slate the team when they need. Slated, yesterday wasn't one of those days. Some folk just go through the same old, same old...... No heart, no fight when that clearly wasn't the case.

Beefster
30-04-2012, 06:35 AM
It makes no difference what players we bring in to the club.

We infect them with our loser mentality, regardless of how good they were before they came.

It's no coincidence that players are good before the come here and are just as good once they leave. (but mince while they're here!)

We expect every player who comes through the door at ER to be crap, therefore, thats exactly what we get.

I agree. It's all the support's fault. If the remaining 8,000 of us just gave up, we'd probably be top six again.

NAE NOOKIE
30-04-2012, 06:59 AM
I said

They would have been talking rubbish too.

Me too.

Most of the new players are short term loans which should aid the squad rebuilding in the summer.

If we are in the 1st Division next year then I fully expect our board to alter our budget accordingly.

Nope, it was far from reasonable, so I responded in a similar manner - and was far from reasonable myself.

You think the quality if players we have now are bad, who exactly will we be able to attract whilst in division 1?

Last time was fortunate, but it is highly unlikely that it will happen again.

Oh and I didn't call them a yam, I told them to **** off :wink:

I presume my original comment on the two highlighted bits were deleted by admin. Fair enough coz I was getting drawn into doing what I was trying to say shouldnt be done.

If you had bothered to read my reply to Hibsdeb you would have seen that I was putting his / her post into the context of the last time we went down .... not agreeing with it as such.

What got me annoyed about some of the replies were the Yam comments and folk being told to **** off. Nobody comes on here looking for total agreement .... I'm just saying that its better to shoot down an opinion with sensible and reasoned argument than resort to brainless insults.

"I said" ? ......
:bitchy:

Dinkydoo
30-04-2012, 11:46 AM
I presume my original comment on the two highlighted bits were deleted by admin. Fair enough coz I was getting drawn into doing what I was trying to say shouldnt be done.

If you had bothered to read my reply to Hibsdeb you would have seen that I was putting his / her post into the context of the last time we went down .... not agreeing with it as such.

I read your reply, you stated that the post was reasonable because we came back a much stronger team last time and because we have been in decline for the past 3 years; which if not agreeing, is pretty much the same as the OP.

What got me annoyed about some of the replies were the Yam comments and folk being told to **** off. Nobody comes on here looking for total agreement .... I'm just saying that its better to shoot down an opinion with sensible and reasoned argument than resort to brainless insults.

"I said" ? ......
:bitchy:

Thats fine.

You're entitled to be annoyed, like i am entitled to think that the OP is illogical.

I probably shouldn't have told them to f' off but what can you do, they appear to be :fishin: a bit anyway.