PDA

View Full Version : Its Time for ALL of US to Stick Together

Wellbankhibby
29-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Ok another bad result today but when do Hibs ever make things easy for themselves or we sufferring supporters. Yes Dunfermline are within 3 points of us but a poorer goal difference. I bet they would prefer to be in our position. It can all change again Wednesday if we beat the sheep and Cally thistle do the business we are back to six points with 2 games left. Dunfermline would have to give us a real hammering and also win their final game to put us down. We all know their will be another clearout come the end of the season but on a positive note Believe it or not We Can maintain our place in the SPL and WIN the Scottish Cup, Now I know its not good enough our beloved team in the bottom six again and its even worse fighting relegation but We are so poor just now The Cup must have our name on it. Now with SPL survival and the Scottish cup in the Boardroom this Season to forget could in theory be a Season We As Hibees Will NEVER FORGET. Lets all get behind the whole team starting Wednesday. :flag:

29-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Good post. I agree :top marks

Hibbylad86
29-04-2012, 06:03 PM
*sensible post alert* !!

Well said!

Sas_The_Hibby
29-04-2012, 06:07 PM
The point is we HAVE all been getting behind the team when it matters - at the games. That doesn't mean people shouldn't feel free to be realistic and point out that we're in serious trouble.

TBH I'm sick of hearing on here, every time we lose a game, things like "yes but if we win today , we'll be only 2 points behind ICT" or " if we beat the sheep and Cally thistle [sic] do the business we are back to six points with 2 games left".

If we're still in the SPL next season and win all our games we'll win the league. Saying it doesn't make it so.

What's frustrating is not that the team's not been getting good support home and away from the fans, because they have, but that the team keeps failing to deliver. I'm sure Hibs fans will keep backing the team at every game until the end of the season, but if all of us sticking together means "don't rock the boat and point out how shocking it is that we're in this position", then I just don't buy it frankly.

essexhibee
29-04-2012, 06:08 PM
At last!! Some sensible pospost :agree::agree:

Wellbankhibby
29-04-2012, 06:16 PM
The point is we HAVE all been getting behind the team when it matters - at the games. That doesn't mean people shouldn't feel free to be realistic and point out that we're in serious trouble.

TBH I'm sick of hearing on here, every time we lose a game, things like "yes but if we win today , we'll be only 2 points behind ICT" or " if we beat the sheep and Cally thistle [sic] do the business we are back to six points with 2 games left".

If we're still in the SPL next season and win all our games we'll win the league. Saying it doesn't make it so.

What's frustrating is not that the team's not been getting good support home and away from the fans, because they have, but that the team keeps failing to deliver. I'm sure Hibs fans will keep backing the team at every game until the end of the season, but if all of us sticking together means "don't rock the boat and point out how shocking it is that we're in this position", then I just don't buy it frankly.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion and there are many like yourself that may rock the boat when things are tough. People are not stupid we all know the position that we are in and so do the players ,Management and the Board. The point of my post was to ask as many fans as possible to keep the faith and give the team the support we need to ensure our league status this season. We are all entitled to our opinion but comments about the players being rubbish and the manager not having a clue are not helpfull and heap extra pressures on the team. All Im asking for is All Hibs fans to give that extra support to help the team get over the finishing line.

Chrissie_aka_Davoo
29-04-2012, 06:26 PM
These kind of posts annoy me intensely. An internet message board singing from the same hymn sheet is going to count for eff all. It's not going to make Doyle sudddenly able to score from 10 yards. It's not going to make Soares any fitter. Fenlon's not going to inspire the dressing room by telling the players that there's a really positive vibe on hibs.net.

When the team's this rank, they deserve criticism. Deal with it.

Sas_The_Hibby
29-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Of course you are entitled to your opinion and there are many like yourself that may rock the boat when things are tough. People are not stupid we all know the position that we are in and so do the players ,Management and the Board. The point of my post was to ask as many fans as possible to keep the faith and give the team the support we need to ensure our league status this season. We are all entitled to our opinion but comments about the players being rubbish and the manager not having a clue are not helpfull and heap extra pressures on the team. All Im asking for is All Hibs fans to give that extra support to help the team get over the finishing line.

It's not rocking the boat to point out the fact that we're in serious danger of being relegated. I'm not particularly having a go at you and I agree we all need to back the team at this moment. However, I'm not actually convinced that all the fans, players, management and Board do know the position we're in and you could argue that complacency is as dangerous as being put under pressure.

There's a whiff of the 'North Korean attitude' at times on here (I don't mean from you BTW) that anyone 'off message' (the message being "of course we'll stay up") is not a real Hibs fan or actually wants us to be relegated which is just ridiculous.

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Correct, OP. It's now sink or swim time. Let's stay up and then have the inquest in the summer. Right now we MUST ensure survival by all rowing in the same direction. We can do it.

Wellbankhibby
29-04-2012, 06:50 PM
These kind of posts annoy me intensely. An internet message board singing from the same hymn sheet is going to count for eff all. It's not going to make Doyle sudddenly able to score from 10 yards. It's not going to make Soares any fitter. Fenlon's not going to inspire the dressing room by telling the players that there's a really positive vibe on hibs.net.

You wont get an argument from me on that point, yes the team is Rank just now but there again Most like minded supporters would share this view. Once again I will say whether or not the team is Rank in difficult times we all have to stick together. Unfortunately sometimes criticism of management and players is uncalled for on other occassions we are all entitled to criticise the team But at this late stage of the Season we should all be pulling together. Please remember some of our fans have called for the head of past managers and even present players such as G Oc and Sparky, whatever you think of these two we would be relegated by now if it wasnt for their goals.

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2012, 07:01 PM

Internal debate and criticism is natural and correct, but when we're on the pitch we need to all be on the same side. Morale has to be good if we're to have any kind of success. We all criticise and argue, but ultimately we care for the same thing. What we say amongst ourselves and what we say to everybody are two very different things. On here it's open season, and the OP didn't suggest anyone should hold back here. But on Wednesday we all pull in the same direction and everybody else. I think we can all agree there. Let's all do what we can to escape this mess. We all want better days :aok:

spike220
30-04-2012, 04:56 AM

Nice harp!:aok: