PDA

View Full Version : penalties?

matty_f
29-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Sparky had his shirt pulled first half, and was fouled from behind in the second half. Both looked like clear penalties. Anyone disagree?

smurf
29-04-2012, 05:23 PM
On telly the foul from behind wasn't. He got the ball.

Hibercelona
29-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Can't remember the situation where he had his shirt pulled in the first half. :confused:

But the 2nd incident the saints player clearly got a touch of the ball.

HibeesLA
29-04-2012, 05:25 PM
1st one yes it was a penalty. If he had not made contact with the ball, and gone down a bit more obviously, then I think he would have gotten it, but fair play for trying to continue to get the ball.
For the 2nd, I don't think it was. Player took the ball first, sparky 2nd. Although many refs may have given a foul outside of the box for it, I don't think it was.

Hainan Hibs
29-04-2012, 05:31 PM
The shirt pull was a penalty, however the Saints player got the ball in the 2nd incident.

Bostonhibby
29-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Saints supporting friend who was at game texted me to say shirt pull definitely a pen........ but we don't really get those sort of breaks. Couldn't see us scoring today to be fair.

BEEJ
29-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Saints supporting friend who was at game texted me to say shirt pull definitely a pen........ but we don't really get those sort of breaks. Couldn't see us scoring today to be fair.
Hang on ....

... these things "even themselves out over the course of a season", or so we are told.

So we must be due about 11 penalties in our last four matches of the campaign.

hibbybrian
29-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Hang on ....

... these things "even themselves out over the course of a season", or so we are told.

So we must be due about 11 penalties in our last four matches of the campaign.

:agree: :greengrin

SloopJB
29-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Sparky had his shirt pulled first half, and was fouled from behind in the second half. Both looked like clear penalties. Anyone disagree?
The referee and he's the one that counts.

Danderhall Hibs
29-04-2012, 08:25 PM

So you're allowed to tackle from behind? I thought that had been outlawed?

pedroorange1875
29-04-2012, 08:29 PM

Correct...went through Griffiths to get the ball, stonewall penalty

Alfred E Newman
29-04-2012, 08:30 PM

It was classed as a foul last week at Easter Road when Wotherspoon was booked for a similar tackle with less contact. The Griffiths tackle would have been a foul anywhere else on the park.

SloopJB
29-04-2012, 08:37 PM

Is not just any tackle which is deemed unfair by the ref? see loads of takles from behind which are allowed to go unpunished.

TornadoHibby
29-04-2012, 09:18 PM

What about Leigh's left foot rocket shot from outside the box in the first half which was only a foot wide and the two one on one's with the keeper that Doyle had and missed either side of half time?

JimBHibees
30-04-2012, 01:01 PM

Yep wasnt a pen. Guy clearly won the ball, we would have been raging if that had been given up the other end.

Spike Mandela
30-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Speaking of penalties I hope the squad are practising for the unlikely event of the final going to penalties. Especially as the likes of GOC would likely be off knackered at that point.