PDA

View Full Version : Pat Fenlon: Football Manager

Pages : 1 [2]

Jonnyboy
16-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Wouldn't say he is proving his doubters wrong yet but credit where it due, this is a good solid start to the season. The players appear up for a fight which is something we have not seen since we had Brown, Thomson and Stewart in midfield.
There is a long way to go though and it's only a couple of weeks since he put out a weakened team which got us knocked out the league cup.
Well done on the last 5 league games though Pat.

Well said that man :greengrin

matty_f
16-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Keep it up Nutsy!!

frazeHFC
16-09-2012, 10:20 PM
:hibees:pfgwa:flag:

JohnStephens91
16-09-2012, 10:25 PM
I remember someone was grilling me because I liked him as a manager last season, glad to see that I wasn't wrong!

:pfgwa:flag::fenlon In Pat we trust!

jacomo
16-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Credit to the wee fella, Hibs seem to be raging for results right now. Pleasing. :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
17-09-2012, 12:34 AM
Anyone think he'll be around come November? :fenlon

HTD1875
17-09-2012, 09:44 AM
:pfgwa

Onion
17-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Great that he's getting some reward for the mature way he has handled the pressure of the last 9 months. Hopefully Petrie backs him and he can continue to improve the squad.

With 5 games undefeated in charge of Hibs, tradition dictates that the weedgie media link him with any "bigger" job that comes up in England. 3 more games and he qualifies for shortlisting for the Celtic, Hun or Scotland job. :wink:

Stevie Reid
17-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Pat has now won as many games as Calderwood managed, in 14 less games.

We are going in the right direction, ER was a hugely enjoyable place to be on Saturday - how nice to look forward to going to a game and come away very happy.

Bohemian_Hibee
17-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Fenlon OUT..and you can take your LoI dross with you!!! :fenlon

Oh, hold on...

Peevemor
17-09-2012, 11:44 AM
PF's done a huge job so far though it's far from finished.

He quickly installed McPake (a loan player!) as captain.

He's clearing out the deadwood as quickly as possible.

He's obviously very particular about the players he brings in, finding the balance between skill/attitude and the amount we can afford to pay.

And all this whilst under tremendous pressure.

I hope he can keep this up as he seems a very down to earth and above all honest guy.

Wotherspiniesta
18-09-2012, 11:21 AM
The thing that annoys me about this board is that certain posters are obviously unable to be impartial. I'm talking about the people that have ripped into Fenlon near the start of this thread who are now surprisingly nowhere to be seen. C'mon lads, you see the thread at the top of the board. How about a little "well done so far this season" to the manager of your football club? Because we know you'll be back giving it big licks when we get beat. How's about a dose of humble pie for the time being? :aok:

The_Sauz
18-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Fenlon OUT..and you can take your LoI fans with you!!! :fenlon

Oh, hold on...

fixed it for you!

:na na:

The Sea-gull
18-09-2012, 11:39 AM
The thing that annoys me about this board is that certain posters are obviously unable to be impartial. I'm talking about the people that have ripped into Fenlon near the start of this thread who are now surprisingly nowhere to be seen. C'mon lads, you see the thread at the top of the board. How about a little "well done so far this season" to the manager of your football club? Because we know you'll be back giving it big licks when we get beat. How's about a dose of humble pie for the time being? :aok:

Though I haven't ever out-right ripped into PF, I have had my reservations about him and have said as much. One thing I have always said is that he needs time before he can be fully judged.

I have to say he is winning me round bit by bit and though I think the Pat Fenlon love in is still a little over the top, there are now very definite signs he is improving things that has to be said and I am pleasantly surprised by the way the team has started the season.

Good thing is, this is his first real chance to put his own team on the park (January window was all about getting fresh bodies in to keep us up) and so far it is looking good.

We are far from the finished article yet but the good thing is that manager, players and most fans seem to recognise this so work will continue into making sure we improve. With reference to the last part, hopefully this will be remembered if we have a handfull of bad results at any point in the coming weeks.

Wotherspiniesta
18-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Won't be here in November IMHO.

Terrible record and I see no improvement. We play for hours and don't score.

Still think he'll be sacked in November? A goal against Hearts, 2 goals v St Mirren, 2 goals v Killie, 2 goals v St Johnstone, 2 goals v Celtic.

What; his record is dreadful, worse than Calderwoods by far. If we werent in a cup final he'd be on his way in the summer. His complete lack of nous will see him sacked in November as the original poster said, because the only thing that will keep us up is Rangers going bust now.

His complete lack of nous see's us unbeaten in 5 and 2nd in the league.

Having your main striker taking corners does not help the lack of goals, get him in the box ,coaching staff are you watching the games.

Another silly reason to bash Fenlon over the head. Hanlons goal v St Johnstone and the goal on Saturday.

His delivery from corners is poor.

Gerd Muller Ally McCoist and John Robertson and lots of other strikers made a living by reacting quicker in the 6yd box than lumbering defenders Griffiths should be doing the same as his last 50 or so corners have produced ZILCH

Again, this was used as a way to ridicule Fenlon, so quite apt. Last sentence is quite ironic. :greengrin

We dont have a style of play, its just play the ball into the channels all the time and hope for the best, from what i have seen style and PF DON'T BELONG IN THE SAME SENTENCE

Hope you're enjoying Fenlon's winning style, hopefulhibby.

It was a gamble by the board to try this LOI Experiment which i am sad to say has failed, we needed then an experienced Scottish manager and we still do.
Paddy might just scrape us through these last few games but it will be more by luck than skill if he does.It was a hard task to sort out the mess laid down by the previous incumbents but Paddy has not made it better, not any worse but not better.

Yes, failed after a few months. Thats the spirit. Must be his Irish luck thats seen us through the last 5 games.

Thanks Pat for my worst ever day as a Hibs supporter. Utterly humiliating. Must have been some half-time team talk.

Out of his depth.

Worst day in our history no doubt. He got us there though. Hopefully he's proving you wrong about being out of his dept, Crops. :aok:

He's spot on, fenlon has to go after this.

:agree:

Aren't you a little glad we stuck with him, guys?

Naive beyond belief in his tactics today.

4 central midfielders in a 4 man midfield was madness.

Not for the first time he's been found wanting. He has a hell of a lot to prove, make no mistake.

Hope he's proving you wrong PB. :aok:

Feel worse today than when we got relegated, we actually have a worse team now and certainly a worse manager.

A worse manager? Than Calderwood? C'mon Del Boy, even Trigger knows that's not true.

Any manager can mouth off to an official. Sadly it seems that this particular manager is woefully put of his depth at Hibernian.

Hopefully a little optimism restored in you, sir.

With any luck! never liked the guy in the first place!

Written the guy off from day one? You, along with "OzyHibby" share that sentiment for reasons beyond my comprehension. Would take some balls for either of you to admit you may be wrong, but after such a bold statement, I'd be mightily surprised!

Fenlon is an imposter with his Loi crap. But the biggest imposter is Petrie. Sack the board.

Remember it was Fenton who told us that Claros was a star! Aye a f?cking monster! I hope I never see that guy in a hibs jersey again.

FenLon's no imposter and nice to see Claros shining on the park of late. Hope you can find time to respond, loanheadhibby. :aok:

Perspective? Getting to a final means nothing if you don't win. We never played anyone of real quality in getting there. Fenlon was not brought in just to avoid relegation , ask people within the club. We finished the league in the same place as calderwood had us in, so what's changed? Nothing! In my opinion fenlon has escaped criticism this season because we were still in the Scottish cup. His record so far boils down to having a worse record than the previous manager and being humiliated by hearts. I here people saying he needs time to build a squad, well, you can't do that if you sign loans all the time as you will be constantly re building. He has done nothing to convince me he is the man. All I hear is the same old rubbish about having a strong and winning mentality, well we still don't have it! So putting it into perspective against previous managers and league standings, we are just the same as when he took over, we aren't any stronger, we haven't changed the mentality. You say that fenlon can't be blamed for not turning up today. Well they didn't turn up for all the other games either apart from Dunfermline and its fenlons job to manage that. If we blamed the players every time we got beat and not the manager jim Duffy would still be in charge.

Perspective. This is a long term plan for Fenlon. Rome wasn't built overnight. You can't polish a turd.and any other cliches I can come up with. Imagine we still had Jim Duffy in charge. Dear god.

Picking up where he left off. Another horsing. Absolutely no improvement, I'd love to know what someone who was out of their depth would be doing if they were manager

Someone said they were going to a Party next Sunday, at Easter Road. Will be interesting if our manager has been able to get any of his ideas across regarding this fixture.

I know I've picked you out again Crops, but this is your thread afterall and you sought this thread out to criticise our manager again. Hope to hear from you soon on this new look Hibs team.

Hope that none of you take it personally or see it as a point scoring exercise, it's just that none of you seem to acknowledge the good job that Fenlons done with his recruitment and results so far this season. I'd appreciate and respect a bit of objecitivity shown to our manager. :aok:

Also, would like to add that I'm not related to wee Pat and know the season lasts longer than 6 games. Captain James knows the score and I fully agree (and love) him. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19617763

jacomo
18-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Pat has now won as many games as Calderwood managed, in 14 less games.

We are going in the right direction, ER was a hugely enjoyable place to be on Saturday - how nice to look forward to going to a game and come away very happy.

Not checked the stats myself but I'll take your word on this. I said a while ago that PF would stand or fall on his record over the same number of games as his predecessor... Unless we lose the next 14 I would say there is clear evidence of improvement now.

I was a PF doubter but he is winning me around. I agree that all Hibs fans should look at the evidence in front of their eyes and, if necessary, admit they were wrong in writing off the man.

matty_f
18-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Still think he'll be sacked in November? A goal against Hearts, 2 goals v St Mirren, 2 goals v Killie, 2 goals v St Johnstone, 2 goals v Celtic.

Another silly reason to bash Fenlon over the head. Hanlons goal v St Johnstone and the goal on Saturday.

Again, this was used as a way to ridicule Fenlon, so quite apt. Last sentence is quite ironic. :greengrin

Yes, failed after a few months. Thats the spirit. Must be his Irish luck thats seen us through the last 5 games.

Worst day in our history no doubt. He got us there though. Hopefully he's proving you wrong about being out of his dept, Crops. :aok:

A worse manager? Than Calderwood? C'mon Del Boy, even Trigger knows that's not true.

Written the guy off from day one? You, along with "OzyHibby" share that sentiment for reasons beyond my comprehension. Would take some balls for either of you to admit you may be wrong, but after such a bold statement, I'd be mightily surprised!

FenLon's no imposter and nice to see Claros shining on the park of late. Hope you can find time to respond, loanheadhibby. :aok:

Perspective. This is a long term plan for Fenlon. Rome wasn't built overnight. You can't polish a turd.and any other cliches I can come up with. Imagine we still had Jim Duffy in charge. Dear god.

I know I've picked you out again Crops, but this is your thread afterall and you sought this thread out to criticise our manager again. Hope to hear from you soon on this new look Hibs team.

Hope that none of you take it personally or see it as a point scoring exercise, it's just that none of you seem to acknowledge the good job that Fenlons done with his recruitment and results so far this season. I'd appreciate and respect a bit of objecitivity shown to our manager. :aok:

Also, would like to add that I'm not related to wee Pat and know the season lasts longer than 6 games. Captain James knows the score and I fully agree (and love) him. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19617763

:tee hee:

Northernhibee
18-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Great post Wotherspiniesta; Pat Fenlon has made a lot of people look silly this year. Whatever the result, getting to a cup final with one of our worst ever teams and starting off this season so brightly should mean we're all looking forward to the season ahead.

Even if CC had turned it around, I wouldn't have defended him as much as I defend PF (imagine having to defend a manager who's improved our side big time) because PF seems to be concerned about bridging the gap between what's on the pitch and who's in the stand. Sparky heading round and high fiving all the kids in the FF last Saturday was a great touch, McPake and Griffiths winding up the yams at the derby was quality too.

In Pat We Trust :pfgwa

theonlywayisup
18-09-2012, 05:42 PM

:top marksI really do believe that Fenlon is turning us around. Last season, he had his hands tied behind his back. His task was to keep us in the SPL. This season will be about making us a lot harder to beat, before he slowly starts to introduce more skill. I think he is ahead of programme at the moment.

Seveno
18-09-2012, 05:44 PM
The team is work in progress but definite progress so far.

What has clearly changed is the culture within the club. The connection with the fans is becoming clear but, more importantly, the fight and determination in the team.

I trust Pat and wish him well.

Johnny0762
18-09-2012, 05:57 PM

Do you see any improvement yet?

proud_and_green
18-09-2012, 08:05 PM

:agree: well said!

Steve20
19-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Some people are getting a bit carried away. We definitely look better this season, but we are only six games in remember. I hope Fenlon can keep this run going and prove the people who doubted him (me included) wrong. It's too early to say at the moment, though.

matty_f
19-09-2012, 08:33 AM
Some people are getting a bit carried away. We definitely look better this season, but we are only six games in remember. I hope Fenlon can keep this run going and prove the people who doubted him (me included) wrong. It's too early to say at the moment, though.
:agree: It is too soon, you're right.
It'd also be fair to say some people were too quick to write him off though.

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2012, 08:41 AM
:agree: It is too soon, you're right.
It'd also be fair to say some people were too quick to write him off though.

Yip i agree, :agree: but some folk can also not see the woods from the trees when supporting managers too :wink:. I remember someone sending me a pm telling me in great detail just how Colin Calderwood would be a huge success at Hibs, and how those who were berating him would all be back eating their words.

:greengrin

JimBHibees
19-09-2012, 09:09 AM

Agree however there is a huge difference between writing the guy off completely before he has had a chance to properly do his job and doubting him over decisions in the shorter term. Some of the posters in the post above are IMO yam trolls putting the boot in when Hibs were struggling. It is too early however I think even last season he improved the team to a degree and personally I have been impressed with the quality and type of signings. We obviously arent going to win every game however all I am looking for this season is that there is a genuine spirit about the team and that we are able to compete with all teams in the league when we play them. At present we are doing that.

Pretty Boy
19-09-2012, 10:30 AM

Delighted he's thus far proving me wrong.

Don't think that takes away from the fact that at the time of my initial post stating he had a lot to prove I had a valid point.

Hermit Crab
19-09-2012, 11:02 AM

Do you still have the same opinion?

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Delighted he's thus far proving me wrong.

Don't think that takes away from the fact that at the time of my initial post stating he had a lot to prove I had a valid point.

exactly. Pat has taken his time, he does seem to have made us better yet being a Hibs fan you can't help think it could all go pear shaped soon. it's up to him to change that, help Change the way a lot of us think.

Stevie Reid
19-09-2012, 11:46 AM
I would suggest to people that we just enjoy what we are getting at the moment, and worry about bad results when they happen - God knows ER has been a depressing enough place to be for a long, long time prior to this season.

The last time going to home games was enjoyable and we could approach them with a good degree of confidence was when we won 8 of our first 12 home games under Yogi in 2009 - which some will no doubt use as even more evidence of how quickly things can change. This is true, but it doesn't mean that the impressive home form under Hughes wasn't enjoyable when it happened, we should have savoured being 4th then (many did, myself included), just as we should savour being in 2nd now (many do, myself included).

The difference now though is that Hughes had taken over a team that was an established (and underperforming) top 6 team, and Fenlon has taken over a team in a huge downward spiral that began under JH himself. We are definitely going in the right direction, I enjoy going to ER now because I can identify much more with the team on the park as we have a captain who lives and breathes Hibs, and a team who will fight for the jersey and happily take a kick in the face if there are points/leads to be protected.

Such qualities will stand us in good stead when things aren't going our way (there are little signs that we are getting the breaks that we haven't had for a long time, but again, enjoy them) - we just have to hope that people can somehow stop themselves from clamouring to crucify the manager and digging up the 'I told you so', I-got-in-there-first posts when we do lose a couple of games, which undoubtedly will happen.

We have now won as many games at ER as we did in all of last season (taking into account the Dunfermline game from last season, we have now won 3 of our last 4 at home) and there are good early signs that whilst it may not be a fortress yet, our ground will be a place where every team has to fight bloody hard and/or play really well to come away with anything. I've liked what Pat has had to say from the moment that he has arrived, and unlike managers before him, he seems to finally have put in to practice and instill what he said he would.

The only time my faith in him has seriously been questioned was after he broke up the McPake/Hanlon partnership for the first game of the season, when we put in a performance that suggested that we would be facing just as much of a grim struggle as we did last season - since then (like it or not, the closing of the transfer window at the end of August will always mean some late business) he has sorted the back four with the arrival of Maybury and (hopefully) strengthened further in McGivern, whilst shipping out (or in Kujabi's case, not picking) players that the support had no confidence in.

We are heading in the right direction at the moment, so let's enjoy our reversal of fortune for the time being - because let's face it, if you can't enjoy the good times when they come as a Hibs supporter, you're in the wrong business.

Wotherspiniesta
19-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Delighted he's thus far proving me wrong. Don't think that takes away from the fact that at the time of my initial post stating he had a lot to prove I had a valid point. Glad he's proving you wrong. You're right, its still early doors, but we need to start backing the manager. I honestly don't know what people expected when Pat took charge. He took over a team who had zero spirit and a terribly weak backbone. He's wheeled and dealed, shipping out people with the wrong attitude and brung in players with a fighting spirit. He's made us hundred times more competitive than we were under Calderwood and got us winning games again. Not to mention he got us to a final and kept us up. The reason I've always backed Nutsy is because he's never pandered to the fans, talked about luck or been overwhelmed by the job he has. He's acklowedged where the club has gone wrong, what our weaknesses were/are and put in place measures to correct them. Remember the 6-6 game when Yogi was having a laugh with the interviewer after the match? Do you think Fenlon would be laughing? Thats the difference in mentality and I'm glad he's our manager.

Cropley10
19-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Fair play Spoony. :greengrin:

My original comment was intended to suggest that he'd be gone if that run and performances continued. They haven't so he won't.

I still stand by my comment re the Final. There's nothing good I can take from it, even now. Sorry but that's how it is.

Delighted we've started to get the rub of the green, wins and points on the board as well as showing some bottle, the point at Celtic in particular.

Onward and upward Pat!

Baldy Foghorn
20-09-2012, 06:20 PM
I love PF more and more each day.....The way he handled the toys out the pram actions from KS, showed diplomacy and tact......

Delighted for him that we have started so well this campaign, long may it continue, I so want him to succeed.....

Hibercelona
20-09-2012, 06:24 PM
You get such a great sense of commitment from Pat Fenlon and the players he's brought in so far.

It's something I haven't quite felt since the TM era.

JimBHibees
21-09-2012, 08:57 AM
I love PF more and more each day.....The way he handled the toys out the pram actions from KS, showed diplomacy and tact......

Delighted for him that we have started so well this campaign, long may it continue, I so want him to succeed.....

I agree a guy who is obviously passionate about the job and the club and isn't scared to make decisions. Makes such a refreshing change for the man in charge at Hibs to actually want to be there and do a decent job in the process.

Spoke to a guy from Dublin on hols in France in the summer who was into football and I asked him about PF and the one thing he said about him was that he wouldn't take any nonsense. I think his time here has proven that to be the case, long may it continue.

jacomo
21-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Fair play Spoony. :greengrin:

My original comment was intended to suggest that he'd be gone if that run and performances continued. They haven't so he won't.

I still stand by my comment re the Final. There's nothing good I can take from it, even now. Sorry but that's how it is.

Delighted we've started to get the rub of the green, wins and points on the board as well as showing some bottle, the point at Celtic in particular.

Onward and upward Pat!

Well said.

Hopefully the nonsense on here about "some fans seem happy to see us lose" is ebbing away. All Hibs fans want us to succeed, but it's totally legitimate to express concerns.

It seems like the club have listened - the summer has seen a squad overall and significant changes within the club hierarchy. It does seem to be working.

matty_f
06-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Looking more and more like the man for the job.

Well done again today, Pat. You put out a team with skill, craft, belief, heart, and fight today.

Hibernia&Alba
06-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Well done to Pat and his staff :flag:

From facing each game with dread last season, I'm now full of anticipation ahead of each match. Top of the league with a team that looks like it has direction and sense of purpose, the players seem to know what's expected of them and are comfortable with each other. We could have scored at least six today.

If this continues, we can finish top three and then really push on. Pat's vision for the team is starting to pay dividends and I'm feeling the most optimistic I have since winning the League Cup. The progress was there to behold today.

Hiber-nation
26-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Wee tactical switch worked wonders tonight....brought us some luck too :wink:

Well done PF.

Wotherspiniesta
26-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Wee tactical switch worked wonders tonight....brought us some luck too :wink:

Well done PF.

Meh, I'll give it six days max :wink:

Stevie Reid
27-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Couldn't be happier with Pat, the progress we have made is superb as he approaches a year in the job.

In comparison with last season: -

This season we have won 5 league games by 26 October - last season we won our 5th league came on 25 February.

We now have 18 points from 11 games - last season it took us 22 games to get to 18 points.

Definitely not getting carried away, but we have now played a quarter of the season, and if we take our current points per game and apply that to 38 games, we would finish on 62 points - which was enough to secure Motherwell 3rd place last year.

And, of course, we have no Rangers this year.

The_Sauz
28-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Couldn't be happier with Pat, the progress we have made is superb as he approaches a year in the job.

In comparison with last season: -

This season we have won 5 league games by 26 October - last season we won our 5th league came on 25 February.

We now have 18 points from 11 games - last season it took us 22 games to get to 18 points.

Definitely not getting carried away, but we have now played a quarter of the season, and if we take our current points per game and apply that to 38 games, we would finish on 62 points - which was enough to secure Motherwell 3rd place last year.

And, of course, we have no Rangers this year.
I agree....I miss our customary 3-0 humping of them at Ibrox :greengrin

Hibs90
28-10-2012, 12:02 PM
I agree....I miss our customary 3-0 humping of them at Ibrox :greengrin

Always a good day out that :agree:

matty_f
04-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Looking more and more like the man for the job with each passing game. :aok:

Kaiser1962
04-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Looking more and more like the man for the job with each passing game. :aok:

The wee subtle switch over of Doyle and Cairney changed our setup and gave them more problems and coming on the back of the wee change at Well shows he's got a good grasp on our team and an understanding of how to disrupt others.

On the subject of Doyle he must be the most unselfish worker I have seen at ER in a number of years.

Alec Splode
04-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Met him for 1st time last night.
Top bloke :thumbsup:

hibs0666
04-11-2012, 08:30 PM

Has his family moved over from Dublin yet, or was that a wee fib he told to get the gig? :wink:

SteveHFC
04-11-2012, 08:34 PM

What was he wearing :greengrin

hfc rd
04-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Really proving the folk who thought he was just "another Calderwood" wrong. Pat is doing a terrific job and long may it continue!

#FromTheCapital
04-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Think it would be quite safe to say he's our best manager since Mowbray. Always said he shouldn't be judged until this season and even though there's still a long way to go and more hard work to be done, the improvements from not just last season but the last 4 or 5 seasons are plain to see. Keep up the good work paddy

Billy McKirdy
04-11-2012, 09:09 PM
On the subject of Doyle he must be the most unselfish worker I have seen at ER in a number of years.

cam75
04-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Was it not Craig Levine who touted him for the Dundee united job?

Alec Splode
04-11-2012, 09:44 PM
What was he wearing :greengrin

Glasses :agree:

monktonharp
04-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Was it not Craig Levine who touted him for the Dundee united job?possibly was latrine, but who cares.glad we got him instead of fester or houston

Pretty Boy
04-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Really proving the folk who thought he was just "another Calderwood" wrong. Pat is doing a terrific job and long may it continue!

I'm happy enough and big enough to admit I doubted Pat. If he continues to prove me wrong I'll be delighted.

The guys a winner and he's building a team of winners. The more I see, the more i think he's 100% the man for the job.

MagicSwirlingShip
04-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Fenlon changing the team around, from Doyle up front to out wide, with Cairney coming inside changed the game for us yesterday!

Cairney is fast becoming my favourite player, the way he drifts past defenders is brilliant to watch!

Stevie Reid
05-11-2012, 09:45 AM
For the last two years, walking up Albion Road and seeing the top of the stadium appear resulted in a real ominous feeling, but now it's genuine excitement and great assurance that even if things don't go our way, we'll get effort in abundance and a performance to be proud of from a team of players who care about playing for Hibs, and who the support can identify with.

To continue to gauge our progress: -

We have won 6 league games by 3 November - our 6th league win of last season was 3-2 away at Caley Thistle on 1 April.

We now have 21 points from 12 games - our 3-1 win at Killie on 25 February last season took us to 22 points. It was our 28th league game.

Pat has now won 15 of his 41 games in charge, a win ration of 37% - Calderwood's was 24% from 49 games (12 wins).

SlickShoes
05-11-2012, 09:49 AM
What; his record is dreadful, worse than Calderwoods by far. If we werent in a cup final he'd be on his way in the summer. His complete lack of nous will see him sacked in November as the original poster said, because the only thing that will keep us up is Rangers going bust now.

It's november, will I start the "Fenlon Must Go" campaign or will you?

green glory
05-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Joint top, not good enough. Time to go Fenlon.

'For the greater good'. Lol

matty_f
11-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Top of the league mid-November. Think he might see the month out now.

IWasThere2016
11-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Top of the league mid-November. Think he might see the month out now.

BIG call that Matty. You have balls of steel mate :wink: :greengrin

Macaroon
11-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Holy crap, quick Paddy get Leigh signed up now the AGM is soon.

matty_f
11-11-2012, 08:29 PM
BIG call that Matty. You have balls of steel mate :wink: :greengrin

I like to stick my neck on the line now and again. :aok:

Stevie Reid
12-11-2012, 09:04 AM
In 13 days time Pat will have been here for a year - to continue with the progress gauge: -

Last season we had 13 points from 13 games, this season we have 24 points from 13 games.

We now have 24 points by mid November, last season our 3-2 away win at ICT on 1 April took us from 23 to 26 points.

We have now won 7 league games, one less than last year, from 13 games - our 2-1 against Aberdeen on 2 May 2012 was our 7th league win of last season; our 36th game.

Pat's win ratio is now up to 38%

Oh, and we're top of the league.

euansdad
12-11-2012, 09:07 AM
Can't overstate what a good job he has done. To rebuild a while side and see an immediate turn around is no mean feat. Got to admit I was sceptical when he arrived but you can't argue with what he has achieved this year

Hibernia&Alba
12-11-2012, 10:11 AM
The wee man deserves all the credit going. He inherited a shambolic, demotivated, disinterested squad and has built a team that plays for the jersey again. It was often tough at the start due to the size of the task he faced, but we now look organised and confident. Pat has brought in players with character, and team spirit has returned. From this time last year it's a huge improvement, and hopefully we can continue getting better.

matty_f
12-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Personally, I think he'd done a tremendous job so far. I was listening to Talk Sport on the way into work this morning and a West Ham fan was talking about the turnaround at their club since Allerdyce took over and I couldn't help thinking that Fenlon's completed a very similar, if not more dramatic turnaround.

We were a club in utter turmoil - fans hated the players, the players didn't give a toss about the club. We were disjointed, week, and heading in the wrong direction.

Yesterday, in hitting the top of the league, we played with confidence and spirit, guile and graft, with the players putting as much into the game as the support did. Together we stood up to Dundee United and deserved the win. The buzz is back at Easter Road, games are enjoyable and we have fans' favourites in the team once more. McPake is no longer the sole hero - almost all of the players have been singled out for praise, even those making cameo appearances where needed, such as Lewis Stevenson. Claros, Doyle, Griffiths, McGivern, Williams, Deegan, Clancy, Cairney, Wotherspoon have all had praise heaped upon them for their contribution to our form and results this season.

It's to Pat's credit that this turnaround has happened. He's asked, no - demanded - more from his players, from the club. We now seem entirely more unified and willing as a club to stand up for ourselves and push on. Pat's putting his tough stamp on the club and it's showing. He's not just improved results - he's improved everything.

There is still a long, long way to go. There's still a result that needs put to bed and that's got to be the goal now. But Pat Fenlon has transformed the football club so far, and long may it continue. Praise should also go to the Board, not just for taking a chance on Fenlon stepping up to the SPL, but for sticking with him through hard times last season and that terrible opening weekend result. The club also worked hard to get as many of Fenlon's targets in as they could, despite a very,very challenging economic background.

Things definitely seem to be on the up at Hibs, and we can thank Pat Fenlon for that.

Stevie Reid
12-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Personally, I think he'd done a tremendous job so far. I was listening to Talk Sport on the way into work this morning and a West Ham fan was talking about the turnaround at their club since Allerdyce took over and I couldn't help thinking that Fenlon's completed a very similar, if not more dramatic turnaround.

We were a club in utter turmoil - fans hated the players, the players didn't give a toss about the club. We were disjointed, week, and heading in the wrong direction.

Yesterday, in hitting the top of the league, we played with confidence and spirit, guile and graft, with the players putting as much into the game as the support did. Together we stood up to Dundee United and deserved the win. The buzz is back at Easter Road, games are enjoyable and we have fans' favourites in the team once more. McPake is no longer the sole hero - almost all of the players have been singled out for praise, even those making cameo appearances where needed, such as Lewis Stevenson. Claros, Doyle, Griffiths, McGivern, Williams, Deegan, Clancy, Cairney, Wotherspoon have all had praise heaped upon them for their contribution to our form and results this season.

It's to Pat's credit that this turnaround has happened. He's asked, no - demanded - more from his players, from the club. We now seem entirely more unified and willing as a club to stand up for ourselves and push on. Pat's putting his tough stamp on the club and it's showing. He's not just improved results - he's improved everything.

There is still a long, long way to go. There's still a result that needs put to bed and that's got to be the goal now. But Pat Fenlon has transformed the football club so far, and long may it continue. Praise should also go to the Board, not just for taking a chance on Fenlon stepping up to the SPL, but for sticking with him through hard times last season and that terrible opening weekend result. The club also worked hard to get as many of Fenlon's targets in as they could, despite a very,very challenging economic background.

Things definitely seem to be on the up at Hibs, and we can thank Pat Fenlon for that.

Never mind May, when we travelled back from Tannadice on the first weekend of the season I truly wondered what I had let myself in for by buying my ST for another year. That was the very first time that I doubted Fenlon, and if someone had told me that we would win 7 and only lose 2 of the next 12 games, I would never have believed them.

The feeling I get from going to, being at, and leaving ER these days is in stark contrast to the sense of trepidation that attending a home game against any opposition used to bring. Yesterday was another game where I said towards the end that even if we ended up with just a point, I wouldn't be too disappointed as how far we have come is clear for all to see - to get another win with key players missing against quality opposition was hugely satisfying.

The feeling of unity at the club is astonishing after what happened in May, and the signs are good that the support are ready to stay on board when we go through the inevitable sticky patches to come. I've never been less than proud to be a Hibbie - the last couple of months have been the first time in a long time that I've been happy being one. Fenlon and McPake know exactly what the club means to us and that has permeated through the whole squad - it's so good to identify with the players on the park and feel a bond with the team again.

Like many others, there is very little in life that has as profound an effect on my emotions as watching Hibs - the last 12 games have been an absolute joy. For the last couple of seasons we hardly even wanted to go to the boozer because the post mortem had started long before the end of the game, and the last thing you wanted to do afterwards was to go through it again with other people. The last few weeks has seen the live games that have been on largely ignored as we are happy to talk Hibs and the game for hours on end.

The level headed supporters among us said to wait a year before starting to judge Pat - we have a long way to go but he has instilled so much in a relatively short period given the job in hand. Although most managed in a different era, there have been cases at many clubs in the past where a manager has taken on a rudderless ship and has had a profound effect on it for years to come. Again, it's early days but the amount of pride that Pat has given us back already has been very gratefully received, and I'm very excited to see where we can go from here.

When I was encouraging people to renew a few months back, one of the things I said was that with Rangers out of the SPL, anything was possible, especially given our relative financial stability - that said, I certainly did not expect us to be 2 points clear at the top of the SPL in mid November.

Cheers Pat.

IWasThere2016
12-11-2012, 11:38 AM
I like to stick my neck on the line now and again. :aok:

Me too - and I took one for the team yesterday. All vbuttons on the Arabs - they were dooooomed! :thumbsup:

Gatecrasher
12-11-2012, 11:41 AM

Superb post Matty, it feels like the Hibs I remember when I was young. I feel like a kid walking up to the ground again and Paddy is the man that's got the buzz back!

matty_f
12-11-2012, 11:48 AM

Never mind May, when we travelled back from Tannadice on the first weekend of the season I truly wondered what I had let myself in for by buying my ST for another year. That was the very first time that I doubted Fenlon, and if someone had told me that we would win 7 and only lose 2 of the next 12 games, I would never have believed them.

The feeling I get from going to, being at, and leaving ER these days is in stark contrast to the sense of trepidation that attending a home game against any opposition used to bring. Yesterday was another game where I said towards the end that even if we ended up with just a point, I wouldn't be too disappointed as how far we have come is clear for all to see - to get another win with key players missing against quality opposition was hugely satisfying.

The feeling of unity at the club is astonishing after what happened in May, and the signs are good that the support are ready to stay on board when we go through the inevitable sticky patches to come. I've never been less than proud to be a Hibbie - the last couple of months have been the first time in a long time that I've been happy being one. Fenlon and McPake know exactly what the club means to us and that has permeated through the whole squad - it's so good to identify with the players on the park and feel a bond with the team again.

Like many others, there is very little in life that has as profound an effect on my emotions as watching Hibs - the last 12 games have been an absolute joy. For the last couple of seasons we hardly even wanted to go to the boozer because the post mortem had started long before the end of the game, and the last thing you wanted to do afterwards was to go through it again with other people. The last few weeks has seen the live games that have been on largely ignored as we are happy to talk Hibs and the game for hours on end.

The level headed supporters among us said to wait a year before starting to judge Pat - we have a long way to go but he has instilled so much in a relatively short period given the job in hand. Although most managed in a different era, there have been cases at many clubs in the past where a manager has taken on a rudderless ship and has had a profound effect on it for years to come. Again, it's early days but the amount of pride that Pat has given us back already has been very gratefully received, and I'm very excited to see where we can go from here.

When I was encouraging people to renew a few months back, one of the things I said was that with Rangers out of the SPL, anything was possible, especially given our relative financial stability - that said, I certainly did not expect us to be 2 points clear at the top of the SPL in mid November.

Cheers Pat.

:top marks

I think/hope we can all see that there's still a lot to do. We'll hit a slump, I'm sure, this season but I'm much more confident in this group of players to come out of a slump than I have been for some time.

Crucially, we need to hold onto our loan players in January. Although Griffiths is the one banging in the goals, you can't understate the contribution that McGivern and (especially) Claros have made. Claros for me is the best midfielder we've had at the club in years. If we keep them, or adequately replace them, then we can finish strongly.

If we lose them, then Pat faces another stern test to keep the momentum going. The one thing he will not lose though, is the work rate and commitment from the team. No matter who has crossed the line in a green and white (or yellow!) shirt this season, they can't be accused of giving anything less than 100%. If you're getting that from your players then you're halfway there.

My eternal hope with Hibs, is that we have someone in charge for more than 2 years. Someone that can lay down a legacy for years and years to come. Someone to do what say, David Moyes has done at Everton, or Pullis at Stoke - that kind of thing.

Of course, I'm sure if Pat has success at Hibs he'll have ambitions beyond the SPL so it becomes hard to keep a manager that long, but it's easier to resist advances from other clubs when there is a bond between the support and the manager, and where the manager can see that their work is progressing. It's then down to the board to keep the manager as best they can.

matty_f
12-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Me too - and I took one for the team yesterday. All vbuttons on the Arabs - they were dooooomed! :thumbsup:

Ha ha!! I did the same but with real money. I also backed Celtc and Newcastle. Go me!!

Stevie Reid
12-11-2012, 11:59 AM

I think/hope we can all see that there's still a lot to do. We'll hit a slump, I'm sure, this season but I'm much more confident in this group of players to come out of a slump than I have been for some time.

Crucially, we need to hold onto our loan players in January. Although Griffiths is the one banging in the goals, you can't understate the contribution that McGivern and (especially) Claros have made. Claros for me is the best midfielder we've had at the club in years. If we keep them, or adequately replace them, then we can finish strongly.

If we lose them, then Pat faces another stern test to keep the momentum going. The one thing he will not lose though, is the work rate and commitment from the team. No matter who has crossed the line in a green and white (or yellow!) shirt this season, they can't be accused of giving anything less than 100%. If you're getting that from your players then you're halfway there.

My eternal hope with Hibs, is that we have someone in charge for more than 2 years. Someone that can lay down a legacy for years and years to come. Someone to do what say, David Moyes has done at Everton, or Pullis at Stoke - that kind of thing.

Of course, I'm sure if Pat has success at Hibs he'll have ambitions beyond the SPL so it becomes hard to keep a manager that long, but it's easier to resist advances from other clubs when there is a bond between the support and the manager, and where the manager can see that their work is progressing. It's then down to the board to keep the manager as best they can.

Wholeheartedly agree with all of that, Matty - the 3 loan signings are crucial, but even if we do lose them, we do have the consolation of knowing that the manager had the vision to bring them here in the first place, so hopefully could repeat the trick (I said last week how scary it was that if it wasn't for Phil Airey [now of Blyth Spartans] getting injured, Leigh would never have been brought here - Fenlon did very well to get him back, and bring him on so much from last season).

However, their importance to us cannot be understated, and as you say, Claros oozes the kind of class that has been sorely missing from our midfield for a long, long time (since Boozy, IMO).

As you say, Pat will have ambitions beyond Hibs, but you can see the pride he takes in his job and how much it means to him. If we continue to improve, here's hoping we continue to for as long as we have him.

HibbySpurs
12-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Simply, In Pat we trust.

Long may his management of Hibs continue, I believe the guy kicks every ball out there and takes defeat as a personal affront to his abilities (the gesture to the yams proves this).

Much work still to be done but we are no longer the SPL pushovers only fortunate to find that another team is even worse than us. We're heading in the right direction and it's an upward curve.

Pat, :not worth

Stevie Reid
12-11-2012, 12:44 PM

Meant to add that the mention of Moyes with regards to the type of impact we would hope our manager would have is both relevant and interesting - he saved them from relegation after he took over, and then took them to 7th in his first full season; however the next season they finished 17th on 39 points, their lowest points total ever. Regardless, the board kept faith with him and the following season they finished 4th, an achievement that looks more unbelievable with each passing year, and when Everton have started slowly (as they have been notorious for over the years), the board and support have kept faith in him and it has undoubtedly been to their benefit.

Now I know that I'm getting ahead of myself here, but it would be nice to think that if we had a good season with Pat in charge this year, that we as a support could handle a less successful season in future years (in terms of league position) as long as we were continuing to progress - let's face it, any Hibs manager (or indeed almost any manager) faces a constant rebuilding job as players come and go, and no one can get it right all the time. If the football remains enjoyable and we remain competitive, I would like to believe that we could remember the rock bottom that we hit and keep the faith - after all, other teams will improve at times too, and fortunes of the non SPL teams typically fluctuate considerably.

The signs with a year approaching are that the bond between Fenlon and the support is getting stronger all the time - hopefully that bond will hold up when the going gets tough again. When he came out onto the pitch yesterday I saw a guy who has delivered exactly what he has promised thus far, and who looked determined to do much, much more.

mcfly
02-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Brilliant battling win. GGTTH

Craig_in_Prague
02-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Delighted for him. He has turned the whole club around.

Cropley10
02-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Absolutely delighted. Well done to everyone at the Club

cabbageandribs1875
02-12-2012, 04:34 PM
i honestly think sallyookas should get his own thread as well :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: but well done to PF and the players :cb

Bohstron
02-12-2012, 04:45 PM
i honestly think sallyookas should get his own thread as well :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: but well done to PF and the players :cb

We told you that you had a winner in charge when he took the job 12 months ago, now if Hibs have any sense they will tie Fenlon down to a long contract, when he starts to win trophies at Easter Road the vultures in England will be circling, from a Bohemians point of view I am delighted Fenlon has started to show his worth in Scotland, we took a lot of stick for demanding 100k compensation from Dundee United for his services a couple of years ago, what price would Hibs put on his head now, more than a 100k I'm sure??

Pretty Boy
02-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Love the man.

You see what it means to him at full time.

He's caught the bug.

Cocaine&Caviar
02-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Celtic 2 - 2 Hibernian
Hibernian 2 - 1 Dundee Utd
St Johnstone 0 - 1 Hibernian
Hibernian 1 - 0 Hearts

4 results that for me show a complete change in mental toughness at the club, where under Hughes & CC we were almost beaten before we got on the pitch.

Full credit to the players and management, especially as this was without McPake, Deegan and Clancy, who by all accounts are the mentally tough individuals at the club.

neil7908
02-12-2012, 04:55 PM
I'll hold my hands up and say that after the final I would have been happy to see him away from the club. Eating humble pie as we speak, still a lot of work to do at the club but have no doubt he's the man to lead us onwards.

As another poster has said, get him signed up on a longer deal ASAP!!!!

BEEJ
02-12-2012, 04:59 PM
With a derby win finally under his belt, PF has now ticked the one box that remained empty in terms of his stature for the post.

Well done to PF. Hope he's a round ER for a few years to come.

:flag::flag:

Hainan Hibs
02-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Thank you Pat for instilling that fight and passion that the club needed so badly.

Hibeesmad
02-12-2012, 05:25 PM
I love you

Ozyhibby
02-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Brilliant Pat. Ignore the doubting Thomas's on here. I've always knew you would come good. ;-)
GGTTH

frasco
02-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Have a glass of wine on me paddy!

hfc rd
02-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Well done to everyone especially paddy. I loved his march of honour at the end of the game applauding all the hibs fans. Pat is the man.

leithsansiro
02-12-2012, 07:44 PM
I love you

This.
I think.
Like, proper man-love.

Jonnyboy
02-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Brilliant Pat. Ignore the doubting Thomas's on here. I've always knew you would come good. ;-)
GGTTH

:faf:

Fair play to you Ozy :thumbsup:

D7 Bohs
02-12-2012, 07:56 PM
We told you that you had a winner in charge when he took the job 12 months ago, now if Hibs have any sense they will tie Fenlon down to a long contract, when he starts to win trophies at Easter Road the vultures in England will be circling, from a Bohemians point of view I am delighted Fenlon has started to show his worth in Scotland, we took a lot of stick for demanding 100k compensation from Dundee United for his services a couple of years ago, what price would Hibs put on his head now, more than a 100k I'm sure??

+1 Del.

Now when is he coming back for a friendly?

steviehibsleith
02-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Agree with prettyboy could see how much it meant at the end of the game. Was in terracing and nothing better than seeing the manager coming over and applauding the fans happy and celebrating victory over our biggest rivals. ****ing immense !

Long Time Hibee
02-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Brilliant battling win. GGTTH

Delighted for Pat and the players. Just about to watch the game and enjoy a win against THEM (wish it was the final but hey ho.)

I personally thought Pat was definately the man for the job a few weeks after he was appointed and am delighted that he's turned us round.
He is so passionate and clearly a winner. His GIRUY to the Jambos in the final showed what it meant to him and I think its only going to get better.

LeighLoyal
02-12-2012, 08:49 PM
The performance will have to be better at Inverness to get anything but well done for sure.

Sudds_1
02-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Agree with prettyboy could see how much it meant at the end of the game. Was in terracing and nothing better than seeing the manager coming over and applauding the fans happy and celebrating victory over our biggest rivals. ****ing immense !

You know, thinking about it, they're not big enough (or have the necessar class)to be our rivals. Celtc are probably our biggest rivals ............followed by the sheep.

.......them? just an irritating bunch of over inflated egos who happen to be in the same city.

But who's bubble is about to burst. ....... hopefully permanently :cb

matty_f
02-12-2012, 09:05 PM
2nd in the SPL and papped the Yams out the cup. Well done Pat.

JollyGreenGiant
02-12-2012, 09:07 PM
I can except that we get beat from time to time. but Paddy has at last instilled a fighting mentality that we have sadly lacked in the last 3-4 year IMHO

:pfgwa:pfgwa

jacomo
02-12-2012, 09:11 PM

Massive love in with PF at the end of the match. This one's a keeper.

Sir David Gray
02-12-2012, 09:15 PM
I've always said that he needed at least 2 years in charge before he should be judged either way.

We were in such a bad state when Calderwood left that it was always going to take time for Fenlon to make his mark on the club.

He's only just had his first anniversary in charge and I think everyone can see the difference that he's made already. Give him another year and hopefully we'll be in an even better position.

One Day Soon
02-12-2012, 09:15 PM
I think its about time that Pat Fenlon was promoted to "He's one of our own" song status.

I don't know what it is but I think he really 'gets' Hibs. What I'm saying is - he's one of our own.

jacomo
02-12-2012, 09:22 PM
I think its about time that Pat Fenlon was promoted to "He's one of our own" song status.

I don't know what it is but I think he really 'gets' Hibs. What I'm saying is - he's one of our own.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20575584

'today was a little bit of payback for the fans' - PF is a gentleman (and a football manager).

Northernhibee
02-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Love the man. Said he's got the potential to be one of our great managers shortly after his appointment; stand by that.

Baader
02-12-2012, 09:40 PM
He didn't deserve that day in May - or the shambles he inherited when he took over - done well getting us to a final but would've been better for the club to have lost the semi-final given the way it panned out.

Delighted to see his efforts paying off - today was a big win in terms of how far we've come and it's all down to Paddy.

Peevemor
02-12-2012, 09:51 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20575584

'today was a little bit of payback for the fans' - PF is a gentleman (and a football manager).

You can't help but like the guy. My respect for him grows with every interview he gives. :hibees

LancashireHibby
02-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Hibs class.

Bohemian_Hibee
03-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Bohs reject :wink:

:fenlon

JIm
03-12-2012, 05:11 PM
FENLON OUT!

Only kidding :greengrin

Paddy Fenlons Green and White Army :pfgwa

Onion
03-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Head and shoulders better than the last few we've had in charge. Always seems to say the right thing, always looks in control, and fully deserves the wee breaks we're getting this season (reward for hard work). Caldercock left Hibs is a dreadful state, so all the more credit to Pat for the way he has turned things around.

Northernhibee
03-12-2012, 05:50 PM
We dont have a style of play, its just play the ball into the channels all the time and hope for the best, from what i have seen style and PF DON'T BELONG IN THE SAME SENTENCE

So happy for PF that he's proven the knee jerkers wrong, the entire ethos on this board has changed. If we lose a game we trust him to sort it, we trust him long term too.

My_Wife_Camille
03-12-2012, 06:01 PM
http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u627/stuartstorar/d0f5d1a8de84f623ff5fafdf4c2b1deb_zps136e841b.jpg

cabbageandribs1875
03-12-2012, 06:05 PM

got any handy players hidden away there :wink:

Saorsa
03-12-2012, 06:11 PM
http://images.supersport.com/Pat-Fenlon-121202-Celebrates-R300.jpg

:not worth

JimBHibees
03-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Brilliant loved his celebrations at the end of the game. It makes such a difference to see a manager who shows a bit of passion and likes to connect with the fans. Well done Pat you are doing a brilliant job.

Glorious
03-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Brilliant loved his celebrations at the end of the game. It makes such a difference to see a manager who shows a bit of passion and likes to connect with the fans. Well done Pat you are doing a brilliant job.

This sums it up for me :agree:

Ultrabee1-0
03-12-2012, 10:38 PM
I think am lucky hibee to call a sicky in today and get mad with it since yesterday! But this might be the beer talking but what ****ing lad pat fenlon is the turn around in this club is phenominal! He has done an amazing job in the last year and has made this club what it used to be and what it should be! I have more man love for the man than I have mcpake and sparky! He derseve's a lot of credit for what he's done for us and I think the man will go onto having a very good carear down south or abroad but I think he will stay a good few years and leave a good squad and path for the next man to fill his shoe's! Sorry for this nonsense I did its a drunking post haha!
1 pat fenlon!