PDA

View Full Version : Desire

patlowe
29-04-2012, 04:34 PM
St Mirren, a team with nothing to play for, had it. Hibs, supposedly fighting for their lives, had none. You need guts to play in the SPL and our players are completely lacking. Dangerous tackles and silly, costly bookings don't count. I'm talking about busting a gut to get on the end of crosses, taking a shot and with conviction, having the balls to stamp your authority on a game. I don't normally come on here to lambast the team and I'm not going to pinpoint individuals but we have a team awash with cowards and are in real, real danger of going down.

Spike Mandela
29-04-2012, 04:41 PM
St Mirren, a team with nothing to play for, had it. Hibs, supposedly fighting for their lives, had none. You need guts to play in the SPL and our players are completely lacking. Dangerous tackles and silly, costly bookings don't count. I'm talking about busting a gut to get on the end of crosses, taking a shot and with conviction, having the balls to stamp your authority on a game. I don't normally come on here to lambast the team and I'm not going to pinpoint individuals but we have a team awash with cowards and are in real, real danger of going down.

What's kept you? The rest of us have been doing this since the start of the season?

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2012, 05:04 PM

This is more or less just what I was going to post.

That was as gutless an effort from a team fighting relegation as you will ever see. I wont even bother to look at the marks out of ten per player thread because thats not what its about at this time of the season.

From back to front there was so little effort and energy it was quite frankly embarrassing. There was so little invention and fight from the midfield I dont even know why we bother to have one .... we might as well play 7 at the back and 3 up front and lump the ball up the field to them when we get it, because the so called midfield we have just now are totally incapable of stringing 3 passes together.

When we did have the ball ..... who made an effort to get into the box? !!!!!

The panic from our players in situations where a first division player would have brought the ball down and played a pass were quite frankly laughable.

Half of these guys are on the books of EPL or Championship teams ...... Fkng Why? Who in their right minds at those clubs ever thought these guys were of a standard where £8,000 to £20,000 per week was a wage they could ever justify earning?

Where the hell was the fight, the energy, the pace, the skill, the teamwork? Fking where?

This lot have as much chance of beating the Yams in 3 weeks time as I have of getting a phone call from Pat Fenlon tonight asking me to take first team training on Monday.

What a fking total and utter disgrace !!!

See you a week on Monday ....... sigh !

cad
29-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Im in the " If you cant say anything nice ,dont say anything at all " section :lips seal

fatbloke
29-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Was Desire no a big hot for U2?

Hibercelona
29-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Half of these guys are on the books of EPL or Championship teams ...... Fkng Why? Who in their right minds at those clubs ever thought these guys were of a standard where £8,000 to £20,000 per week was a wage they could ever justify earning?

Because the players would be great at any other club. We just have a knack for making any players look utter *****.

We could have Messi in our squad, he'd be ***** though.

Reaper
29-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Because the players would be great at any other club. We just have a knack for making any players look utter *****.

We could have Messi in our squad, he'd be ***** though.

In fairness this is where the better players should step up but it just doesn't seem to be happening.

madabouthibs
29-04-2012, 06:58 PM
I remember how I used to get a bit frustrated with David Van Zanten, but I wouldn't have minded him on our side today! Even he had a bit more fight than anyone in the Hibs side, except maybe LS.