PDA

View Full Version : We will stay up

Hibbylad86
29-04-2012, 04:29 PM
We will stay up! Happy to take stick for saying so. Disappointing result yes but some of the comments on here are unbelieveable. Hibs need everyone supporter on side and not creating mass hysteria. We are still three points in front, let's not forget that.

I would suggest if you can't or won't support the club at this make or break point of the season then Hibs don't need or want you!

GGTTH

Bob Box Fish
29-04-2012, 04:32 PM
If we go down it will be thoroughly deserved given the resourcing opportunity PF was given in Jan taking players from the Prem / Champ.

Effort was there today just simply not good enough. Fenlon has had a disaster in league results since he arrived.

Hibbylad86
29-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Cant disagree YH. But let the season finish and see where we end up before we start all planning first division football.

chrisski33
29-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Cant see why some have confidence in us staying up tbh. We HAVE to stay up and we MUST win the cup i cant handle being relegated then losing the final to them!

500miles
29-04-2012, 04:39 PM
If we had big Gaz up front today, the game would have been won by half time. We made nothing stick in the last third, and it showed how much we need Garry O fit.

Today underlined that we should have kept Sodje until the end of the season though.

hibsbollah
29-04-2012, 04:40 PM
We'll be fine. Bedwetters GTF.

number9dream
29-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Hibs are in freefall, with too many players who just aren't good enough and a manager who has struggled to find a system or a settled side.
Dunfermline have the momentum - four points & seven goals in their last two games.
I reckon it will go down to the Pars visit to ER.

Postman
29-04-2012, 04:44 PM
If we had big Gaz up front today, the game would have been won by half time. We made nothing stick in the last third, and it showed how much we need Garry O fit.

Today underlined that we should have kept Sodje until the end of the season though.

Agreed about O'Connor, a half fit O'Connor is still far far better than Doyle!

Today showed for me that Doyle is just not good enough and looked very slow

Hibees07
29-04-2012, 04:45 PM
If we go down it will be thoroughly deserved given the resourcing opportunity PF was given in Jan taking players from the Prem / Champ.

Effort was there today just simply not good enough. Fenlon has had a disaster in league results since he arrived.

Fenlon has been a disaster as a manager, we have been subjected to drab boring rubbish since he arrived. Absoulutely no plan B, infact no plan A.

St.Midden down to 10 men and we still create SFA.

The easy cup run has glossed over a pitifully poor team.

Even if we stay up, which isn't going to happen in my opinion then Fenlon better get his act together as there will be no one there to watch his negative football tactics.

I just got home in time to watch the game on TV after watching my under 16's team win a cup, was buzzin when I got home and now I feel like ramming Fenlons head through my TV screen.
:grr:

down-the-slope
29-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Don't fancy having to go to ICT needing something from it to be honest. But I think we will be OK as Dunfermline are poorer than us. will be interesting on wednesday

Sammy7nil
29-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Don't fancy having to go to ICT needing something from it to be honest. But I think we will be OK as Dunfermline are poorer than us. will be interesting on wednesday

With 7 goals in 2 games a clean sheet yesterday, it maybe they have turned the corner we have not.
We are very lucky they have been poor for so long but there is NO way we can now say we are the better team.

It is in Hibs hands and if we fail we deserve it I think we will both lose in midweek so a win or a draw against Dunfermline may just be enough to survive.

bingo70
29-04-2012, 04:59 PM
With 7 goals in 2 games a clean sheet yesterday, it maybe they have turned the corner we have not.
We are very lucky they have been poor for so long but there is NO way we can now say we are the better team.

It is in Hibs hands and if we fail we deserve it I think we will both lose in midweek so a win or a draw against Dunfermline may just be enough to survive.

I agree, imo we'll both lose during the week, I think we'll pump dunfermline next week though

Nakedmanoncrack
29-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Cant see any reason to be confident, momentum definitely with Pars.
Honestly dont see us winning again this season, for entire season we've been relying on Dunfermline being worse than us - they no longer are.

Northernhibee
29-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Fenlon has been a disaster as a manager, we have been subjected to drab boring rubbish since he arrived. Absoulutely no plan B, infact no plan A.

St.Midden down to 10 men and we still create SFA.

The easy cup run has glossed over a pitifully poor team.

Even if we stay up, which isn't going to happen in my opinion then Fenlon better get his act together as there will be no one there to watch his negative football tactics.

I just got home in time to watch the game on TV after watching my under 16's team win a cup, was buzzin when I got home and now I feel like ramming Fenlons head through my TV screen.
:grr:

Man up.

PF has been given the unenviable task of sorting several managers failings, a club with a culture of answering back to managers and doing whatever the **** you want, a team without a defence and he's sorted us in these areas - we've punted the likes of Agogo, Palsson, Hart and others. We've got two very good CBs and he's found temporary cover for our problem position of RBs.

Despite a couple of bad results, we've been picking up valuable points against the bottom 6 clubs since he got his temporary team in the winter transfer window. Two bad results do not make a failure of a manager.

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2012, 05:18 PM
We will stay up! Happy to take stick for saying so. Disappointing result yes but some of the comments on here are unbelieveable. Hibs need everyone supporter on side and not creating mass hysteria. We are still three points in front, let's not forget that.

I would suggest if you can't or won't support the club at this make or break point of the season then Hibs don't need or want you!

GGTTH

Sorry mate ..... look at any post you want from me going back to when I first joined this site. I will always turn up to support the team and lambast anybody who thinks staying away is a good idea. I will be there a week on Monday doing my best to support the team. And even if we go down and lose the cup final I will still be there.

But in my opinion what Hibs served up today, from a team in the position they are, was nothing short of pathetic. I am King Happy of the happy clappers ..... but even I am not so blinkered as to not recognise a totally unacceptable performance, played with such a total lack of pace, fight, energy, organisation and skill it was hard to believe these guys know where we are in the league.

Onion
29-04-2012, 05:22 PM

GGTTH

:agree: Good call. And we're effectively 4 points ahead (given goal difference) with 3 games to go. It is there for us to lose and all Dunfy can do is hope for the best. Next Monday night will be huge and we need every Hibby to be in good voice and drive the team over the line. It will be nervy and tough but the team has improved over the last few weeks and I have faith.

Ferryhibby
29-04-2012, 05:25 PM
It was always goin to come down to us against dunf after the split...we dont do anythin easy we just need to avoid defeat against them and we should b ok .....but its a struggle and a massive job for next season.....now more than ever we need our supporters to turn out for that game and support them ..sing shout dance anythin give them a little bit of confidence.

Pretty Boy
29-04-2012, 05:27 PM
We'll be fine. Bedwetters GTF.

Since the split Dunfermilne have taken 4 points from 6 and scored 7 goals. We have managed no points and no goals. Our cushion has gone from 7 points to 3 and our goal advantage is also getting smaller.

We can't use any excuses about 'a bad run of games' as we are both now playing comparable sides.

I still think we will stay up but the people getting a bit nervous are hardly 'bedwetters'. Dunfermilne are in better form than us and will fancy their chances.

Hibees07
29-04-2012, 05:32 PM
I agree, imo we'll both lose during the week, I think we'll pump dunfermline next week though

Inverness are in freefall like us, Dunfermline will pick up points & Aberdeen will raise their game after a woeful performance yesterday.

Come next week we will be level on points and Dunfermline will have the momentum & we cannot win at home.

Northernhibee
29-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Inverness are in freefall like us, Dunfermline will pick up points & Aberdeen will raise their game after a woeful performance yesterday.

Come next week we will be level on points and Dunfermline will have the momentum & we cannot win at home.

:panic:

Imagine if PF went in with that attitude.

We'll win at Pittodrie, we'll win against Dunfermline, job done.

Bunch of drama queens on this board.

erskine-hibby
29-04-2012, 05:41 PM
The answer to the original question is...I don't know, but after the last couple of results, for both us and Dunfy, I would have to say that they are looking better under JJ while we are struggling under PF.
We need to win on Wednesday or IMHO I feel we are possibly doomed.

hibsbollah
29-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Its fine to be 'a bit nervous'. But wading about in a mixture of baby tears, broken crayons and urine isnt becoming in a fan of the Greatest Team Ever.

Northernhibee
29-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Its fine to be 'a bit nervous'. But wading about in a mixture of baby tears, broken crayons and urine isnt becoming in a fan of the Greatest Team Ever.

:top marks

Pretty Boy
29-04-2012, 05:51 PM

Wouldn't disagree.

However whilst the wailing and gnashing of teeth is a bit ott, its matched only by the folk who seem to think we will stay up by virtue of being Hibs or because Dunfermilne are 'pish' as is we are a cross between Brazil 1950 and Spain 2010.

Like I said I don't think we will go down but the total dismissal of the situation by some amazes me. If it was Hearts in our position we would be telling anyone who would listen they were going down.

Hibbylad86
29-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Sorry mate ..... look at any post you want from me going back to when I first joined this site. I will always turn up to support the team and lambast anybody who thinks staying away is a good idea. I will be there a week on Monday doing my best to support the team. And even if we go down and lose the cup final I will still be there.

But in my opinion what Hibs served up today, from a team in the position they are, was nothing short of pathetic. I am King Happy of the happy clappers ..... but even I am not so blinkered as to not recognise a totally unacceptable performance, played with such a total lack of pace, fight, energy, organisation and skill it was hard to believe these guys know where we are in the league.

Bovril, we all know you support the team and there are many others that do. I was there today, I can't make midweek but I will be there next Monday. We need more Bovrils tbh...

But my post was made to try and have a sensible look at things. Some of the garbage on here is unbelieveable. Fenlon, Lewis, Soares,Doyle & Francome are getting it stinking, come off it!! We are still 3 points in front, we know we have a poor team. Dunfermline were always going to improve under JJ. They had to win one home game after all. We play them at our own patch, it's on our own hands still. Keep the faith is all I say!

soupy
29-04-2012, 06:50 PM
For hibs to stay up in my opinion, we need Garry o and Griffith playing as many games as possible together, any of them with different partners doesny work, we need garry fit for the aberdeen game, and if he's not were in trouble......

Ggtth..

Liam89
29-04-2012, 06:51 PM
yeah, we'll stay up