PDA

View Full Version : Get yourself along to the Dunfermline game

one day maybe...
29-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I am not going to write the usual after match crap that associates itself to Hibs after losing a game like that, it will have already been written previously. All I would like to say is for those of you who are trying so desperately to get a ticket for the cup final, this game should be your priorty, so if you can manage, please go along this night. This is a must win game, make no bones about it.
Easter Road should be jammed to the rafters that night with Hibbies screaming for every decision, fighting for every ball with the team and supporting the boys for the whole 90 mins.

Purehibee_MYB
29-04-2012, 04:26 PM
:top marks

Nelly070
29-04-2012, 04:28 PM
I am not going to write the usual after match crap that associates itself to Hibs after losing a game like that, it will have already been written previously. All I would like to say is for those of you who are trying so desperately to get a ticket for the cup final, this game should be your priorty, so if you can manage, please go along this night. This is a must win game, make no bones about it.
Easter Road should be jammed to the rafters that night with Hibbies screaming for every decision, fighting for every ball with the team and supporting the boys for the whole 90 mins.

Absolutely !! but it won't be !!

Hibercelona
29-04-2012, 04:29 PM

Thank you.

Somebody on here who is actually talking some sense.

Spike Mandela
29-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Rod will be happy. It should be a big crowd mow on the Monday night.

Still maintain win on Wednesday and they lose then Dunfy game virtually irrelevant.

Famous5forever
29-04-2012, 04:34 PM

Good Post :top markswe win that game and we are safe

johnbc70
29-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Should be £5 entry and kids go free. I am ST holder but no problem with reduced prices for this game.

hibeenicol
29-04-2012, 04:39 PM

smurf
29-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Again focus put on what the supporters are to do.

We've been at Easter Road in greater numbers than many teams above us enjoy.

The focus next week is for Fenlon and the players to turn up and do their jobs.

JohnScott
29-04-2012, 04:43 PM

Well said the man with his final ticket in his back pocket!!!

This time two weeks ago guys like me were being called "glory-hunters". Now your saying the club needs us to turn up at Easter Road in huge numbers and it should be "our priority". :confused:

Next weeks a bank holiday so i'll be travelling up for the game. Not because you and your sanctimonious mates are urging us to. No it's because I always have done!

Sammy7nil
29-04-2012, 04:47 PM
I will be there and we will win

greenlex
29-04-2012, 04:49 PM
I will be there and we will win

Dont bring yer negative ***** with you then.

Pretty Boy
29-04-2012, 04:51 PM

Spot on.

The supporters seem to be the easy target for some. I'll be at the Dunfy game and might even.venture to Aberdeen midweek, but I don't blame anyone who doesn't.

After last seasons scare we should never have been allowed to be in this position.

29-04-2012, 04:51 PM

Should be £5 entry and kids go free. I am ST holder but no problem with reduced prices for this game.

Totally agree with both posts :agree: This game is now massive for us. We need a decent sized hibs support there as the team needs all the support it can get. This is actually one of our biggest games in years, as our SPL is literally hanging by a thread.

Littlest Hobo
29-04-2012, 04:52 PM
COME ON HIBS SUPPORTERS...LET'S BE AVIN YA :flag::flag:

WE must get as many bums on seats for this game as possible.

Famous5forever
29-04-2012, 04:55 PM
COME ON HIBS SUPPORTERS...LET'S BE AVIN YA :flag::flag:

WE must get as many bums on seats for this agme as possible.

I Know it wont happen but a gesture by RP To reduce the gate price would help.

smack
29-04-2012, 05:03 PM
U16s get in free with paying adult

one day maybe...
29-04-2012, 05:20 PM

This time two weeks ago guys like me were being called "glory-hunters". Now your saying the club needs us to turn up at Easter Road in huge numbers and it should be "our priority". :confused:

Next weeks a bank holiday so i'll be travelling up for the game. Not because you and your sanctimonious mates are urging us to. No it's because I always have done!

I don't have a cup final nor do I expect onel.

Sanctimonious no! I made a statement, my post said “for those of you desperately trying to get a cup final ticket this match is equally as important".

A ticket for the Cup Final isn't a priority for me, I wanted to go and asked my father to go, but he said he does not want to go, so my priority is to spend the day with the man who first introduced me to Hibs. I will watch it in the pub and if we win I will be there with my father enjoying rather than standing at Hampden wishing I could share the jubilation of that precise moment with him.

KingFranck
29-04-2012, 05:24 PM
I'll be there my ST gets me in but this lot better make it worth it as I'm missing my football coaching I'm honestly in 2 minds coach the u9s or watch the Hibees, the latter is edging it ...... just!

Onion
29-04-2012, 05:27 PM

Great post :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2012, 05:27 PM

Dont even have to read any other posts on this.

Apparently we have 40,000 odd so called Hibs fans who apparently would kill for a cup final ticket ....... If you can make it on Monday and dont come .... dinnae tell me you are a Hibby.

Sammy7nil
29-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Dont bring yer negative ***** with you then.

I will say what I want when I want this is an open forum.
I will say what I believe if you disagree and cant come up anything other than insults please ignore my posts.

The_Todd
29-04-2012, 05:30 PM
The Dunfy game is without doubt the biggest game of the season. I'll be there.

greenlex
29-04-2012, 05:30 PM

Are you saying that a Hibs fan asking the question of fellow fans wanting a final ticket but no interest in our sat home game to get their priorities right a wrong thing to do? Great you will be there as always but here re thousands who won't but could and really shoud. Your sanctimonious remark is completely uncalled for.

greenlex
29-04-2012, 05:32 PM
I will say what I want when I want this is a forum.
I will say what I believe if you disagree and cant come up anything other than insults please ignore my posts.
Are yo telling me you aren't negative? Believe me that's not an insult. It's. Fact.
We as fans need to. Right behind he team, the players anhe Club right now so don't bring your negativity with you next week.
Oh aye n if you feel insulted you coud just ignore me.

Ferryhibby
29-04-2012, 05:35 PM
assuming we are still 3 points ahead come this game do you think we should change formation a bit...we need 11 ball busting battlers out there 4-2-3-1 would be mine protect the defence at all costs...its goin to be a **** game anyway with lots of misplaced passes and loads of nerves so no need to look for any football being played....and tell you the truth i would put young ross caldwell up front he will run himself into the ground and their defenders dont know him and wont know what to expect..thoughts?

greenlex
29-04-2012, 05:35 PM
I Know it wont happen but a gesture by RP To reduce the gate price would help.
Would it? Reduced prices in early rounds of both cups made no difference to the I've f crowd whatsoever. It ay help a few ho are struggling financially to go where they might nt but it won't Mae. Huge difference.IMO

Sammy7nil
29-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Are yo telling me you aren't negative? Believe me that's not an insult. It's. Fact.
We as fans need to. Right behind he team, the players anhe Club right now so don't bring your negativity with you next week.
Oh aye n if you feel insulted you coud just ignore me.

You may think I am negative I may think your naieve, I will say what I believe if you think that is negative well I will get over it. I will be there Monday I will look out for the Uber Positve fan and pop across to say hello maybe the positivity will rub off. :greengrin

hibsbollah
29-04-2012, 05:39 PM
I cant wait. Its a big game. It should be what we live for as fans.

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2012, 05:42 PM

Chill Scotty mate ........ I for one know that you are no glory hunter ... me & you saw enough sheeoit in the 70s to last a lifetime. I really dont think that any of the glory hunter pre cup final posts have been aimed at long distance Hibbies like yourself, or if they were they were bang out of order.

Glad to hear you are going to the Dunfermline match .... I will send you an E Mail later.

GGTTH :flag:

Dashing Bob S
29-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Could we not ask if we can play it at East End Park instead? ER is a gift of three points to anybody who comes there.

Frazerbob
29-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Let's not forget about Wednesday. A win at Aberdeen could put all our concerns to bed depending on how Dunfermline get on at ICT.

A game at a time and all that!

marinello59
29-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Let's not forget about Wednesday. A win at Aberdeen could put all our concerns to bed depending on how Dunfermline get on at ICT.

A game at a time and all that!

Aye, good point. I doubt that the sheep will play as badly as they did against Dunfermline but thank **** we have a chance to settle the nerves before facing Dunfermline at ER.

TheEastTerrace
29-04-2012, 05:50 PM
I'll be there. Today doesn't fill me with confidence but I think we will at least draw with DAFC and stay up by a midge's bawhair.

I also subtlety suggest that this may be a game to attend should the cup final tickets not be snapped up by the current priority holders :wink:

Frazerbob
29-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Aye, good point. I doubt that the sheep will play as badly as they did against Dunfermline but thank **** we have a chance to settle the nerves before facing Dunfermline at ER.

What's your plan for the game? Fancy a couple of pre-match pints to settle the nerves?

Frazerbob
29-04-2012, 05:53 PM
I'll be there. Today doesn't fill me with confidence but I think we will at least draw with DAFC and stay up by a midge's bawhair.

I also subtlety suggest that this may be a game to attend should the cup final tickets not be snapped up by the current priority holders :wink:

Hibs should sell cup final tickets from inside the stadium pre-match.

marinello59
29-04-2012, 05:54 PM
What's your plan for the game? Fancy a couple of pre-match pints to settle the nerves?

That sound like a plan. :thumbsup:

Frazerbob
29-04-2012, 05:56 PM
That sound like a plan. :thumbsup:

I'll give you a shout Tues/Wed. :thumbsup:

Reaper
29-04-2012, 05:57 PM

Hibsdeb
29-04-2012, 06:19 PM
we should be filling the stadium for this game.its about time we all stuck together instead of slagging each other off.we are all hibees win or lose.if you have a mate thats a hibby but dosent go drag them to the game lets get the place rocking

DH1875
29-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Hibs should sell cup final tickets from inside the stadium pre-match.

What's to stop season ticket holders from buying them though? I agree though, anyone buying a ticket for the game should have first dibs on any public sale for the final :agree:.

mikeyriley
29-04-2012, 10:13 PM
So true

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2012, 10:19 PM
I totally agree with the sentiments expressed. We need the stadium as full as possible and to create an atmosphere that will give the team every chance. Good suggestions made regarding ticket prices, too. Give fans every incentive to get along and do their bit.

Pete
29-04-2012, 10:46 PM
They've already offered a deal for this game so they won't do anything else. If you go with a child that equates to a 33% price cut.

I'm taking the night off work to go and I can't wait. There's some real do-or-die stuff coming up and in a way its quite exciting. Its a bunch of sheep who are on holiday and a piddly bunch of huns managed by fat jim who stand between us and survival. Let's do it!

The Sea-gull
30-04-2012, 06:44 AM
They've already offered a deal for this game so they won't do anything else. If you go with a child that equates to a 33% price cut.

I'm taking the night off work to go and I can't wait. There's some real do-or-die stuff coming up and in a way its quite exciting. Its a bunch of sheep who are on holiday and a piddly bunch of huns managed by fat jim who stand between us and survival. Let's do it!
The getting one up on JJ factor means something to the fans but it will mean shight all to the players. Just hope the fact that the pars are breathing down their necks does mean something to them.

frazeHFC
30-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Gutted that i am missing this one. :boo hoo:

Bloody TV :grr:

AMF

seanraff07
30-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Can't wait for this, don't get me wrong I'd rather we done a job up in Aberdeen and were already safe going into the Dunfy game, but it should be some crowd if it is for survival, never really experienced Hibs battling relegation like this... I think with a full house of Hibbies who are up for it we'll do a job on Monday :agree:

Gatecrasher
30-04-2012, 11:34 AM
just ordered a couple of extra tickets for this game, maybe our biggest of the season (depending on wednesday)

Teo10
01-05-2012, 09:11 AM
I'm tempted to wear a pair of jeans and paint myself from the waist up in green paint and getting HFC with a love heart shaved into my head and stand at the bottom of the east with a megaphone getting everyone to sing.......

Judas Iscariot
01-05-2012, 10:20 AM

Totally agree :agree:

Hibeesmad
02-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Hibs v Dunfermline on Monday night and a little message to all them fans who are going to the final and others! Get yourself along to the stadium and support the team, prove that you deserve a ticket for the final and support the team to get automatic safety and send jim jefferies team down in the last match of the season at Easter rd!! So come to the game and PROVE YOU DESERVE TO GO TO THE FINAL!!

GGTTH

Ultrabee1-0
02-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Hibs would be mathematically safe if we at least get a point on Monday night:greengrin
still think we should go out for the 3 points and not settle for a draw.
any chance of a wee pitch invasion if we get 1/3points:na na:?

hailhail22
02-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Canni working but am sure I've proved over the years and also this season why I deserve a ticket.

007 Mickey Weir
02-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Huge game. Win can really give us a huge lift for the final and also giruy to JJ at the same time. GGTTH

cabbageandribs1875
02-05-2012, 09:30 PM
the pitch is for the players :agree:

Hibeesmad
Canni working but am sure I've proved over the years and also this season why I deserve a ticket.

Fair enough if people are working but those people who have nothing better to do can come along and support the team, where are the 20,000 of them?

Sammy7nil
It would be a very very embarrassing time should we have a pitch invasion.

Wotherspiniesta
02-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Pitch invasion? Nah.

Obviously we'll miss Sparky and if McPakes a doubt, I'd be resting him aswell.

Hopefully now we've restored a decent gap, the players can go out and play without fear.

We're only 3 points off 10th. Nosebleed territory :greengrin

Wembley67
02-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Fair enough if people are working but those people who have nothing better to do can come along and support the team, where are the 20,000 of them?

Easy Deliah.

yeezus.
02-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Looking forward to this game, Monday is payday :cb

lyonhibs
02-05-2012, 10:23 PM
I cant wait. Its a big game. It should be what we live for as fans.

Just to clarify, finding ourselves still scrapping about in 11th place, 2 games before the season ends should not, ever, be "what we live for as fans"

It's a big game in the context of an appalling league season, and I would absolutely urge all Hibs fans who can, to head along as the team need our vocal backing, but I'd hope there won't be any "We are staying up" style chants, as - for a club like Hibernian FC and the aspirations we should have as a support, especially in the context of Scottish football in 2012 - that would be massively cringeworthy.