PDA

View Full Version : Stevenson red card

Reaper
29-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Hope Fenlon hammers him. Utter ****in stupidity. Players and acts like that been letting the club down in this for what seems a lifetime now.

KingFranck
29-04-2012, 04:15 PM
And he was the best player for us before that I'd fine Soares for impersonating a footballer

madabouthibs
29-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Stevenson one of our best today, and now he's out for next week! Jeez.........

Reaper
29-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Just to be clear I'm not knocking his performance or general play just his act of stupidity!

Judas Iscariot
29-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Awful today, at fault for the goal, cannae pass forward, cannae shoot, cannae win a heider, cannae tackle properly..

What can he actually do apart from "care, tries, runs a lot, gives his all and is a nice guy!"

Anything more than any of us fans could do?!

Hibbie_Cameron
29-04-2012, 04:23 PM
He should be ashamed of himself and pick up a fine for a his second booking and resulting red

Piqué
29-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Worked hard and covered back a lot which saved us a couple of times. Stupid, unnecessary tackle which could cost us.

Postman
29-04-2012, 04:33 PM
He's murder and will be no great loss when suspended!

Littlest Hobo
29-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Awful today, at fault for the goal, cannae pass forward, cannae shoot, cannae win a heider, cannae tackle properly..

What can he actually do apart from "care, tries, runs a lot, gives his all and is a nice guy!"

:agree: He's not good enough. we need better players with much more quality. He is a really nice wee guy though :agree:

the stig
29-04-2012, 04:42 PM

I think you just hate the guy. All i ever see is you writing a negative post about him.

hibbygraham
29-04-2012, 04:42 PM
He doesn't give the ball away much, but it's not particularly difficult to knock the ball about sideways/backwards. Any attacking momentum is lost when he's on the ball, or at least slowed down considerably, allowing the opposition to regroup comfortably. He's no real loss, and I would consider sticking Wotherspoon in CM next week. Currently the gap between our midfield and forwards is huge; something we, the fans, have been saying all season. It has to change, and frankly I'm baffled that the manager cannot see such glaring deficiencies within the team.

Judas Iscariot
29-04-2012, 04:49 PM
I think you just hate the guy. All i ever see is you writing a negative post about him.

I certainly don't hate him, I don't know him, by all accounts he's a really nice guy..

I don't think he's very good at football though and is massively over rated by many of our support

bingo70
29-04-2012, 04:52 PM
We won't miss him like we didn't miss him in the semi final.

He's a player that tries hard but doesn't really make any difference defensively or in attack. Imo he's popular because he looks busy but in reality he's just no very good.

wearethehibs
29-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Was raging at the ******** he tackeled. Was it McGowan. Screaming and gesturing at that **** ref to send him off. Classless!

Hibercelona
29-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Was raging at the ******** he tackeled. Was it McGowan. Screaming and gesturing at that **** ref to send him off. Classless!

I would have been screaming at the ref to send them all off.

Gatecrasher
29-04-2012, 05:18 PM
just like Rankin wasn't "Hibs Class" there were similar comments about him and is now part of one of the best teams in the league. Stevenson was POTY for a reason

Dirkster23
29-04-2012, 05:18 PM
I certainly don't hate him, I don't know him, by all accounts he's a really nice guy..

I don't think he's very good at football though and is massively over rated by many of our support

A bit like Ivan then?

Hibernia Na Eir
29-04-2012, 05:21 PM
:agree: He's not good enough. we need better players with much more quality. He is a really nice wee guy though :agree:

sums up Hibs whole squad. nice looking wee players with nice haircuts....

not nearly good enough for SPL though.
why CAN'T we sign good players? what's the ***** problem Petrie?

bingo70
29-04-2012, 05:24 PM
just like Rankin wasn't "Hibs Class" there were similar comments about him and is now part of one of the best teams in the league. Stevenson was POTY for a reason

Two reasons imo, most fans talk pish and the other players that have been here all season have been pish.

Imo anyone with half a brain can see mcpake has been our poty, even if he has played half the games lewis has.

Judas Iscariot
29-04-2012, 05:28 PM

I'd be more annoyed at our player stupidly getting himself sent off when we're deep in a relegation battle..

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2012, 06:25 PM

Utter tripe.....Your post not Lewis for the avoidance of doubt

HibbyAndy
29-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Lewis Stevenson was AGAIN one of our better players today, The likes of Soares Osbourne should take note the amount of grass this lad covers.

Billy Whizz
29-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Is it the Aberdeen game he misses?

lEXO
29-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Talk about over reaction. Oh wait a minute it,s match day. He got 2 yellow cards and aye they were both yellows. He mistimed a tackle FFS. Hammer him? And he,s been letting us down for how long? Garbage. Some of the posts on here on match day are a joke.

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Lewis Stevenson was AGAIN one of our better players today, The likes of Soares Osbourne should take note the amount of grass this lad covers.

:agree::agree:

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Talk about over reaction. Oh wait a minute it,s match day. He got 2 yellow cards and aye they were both yellows. He mistimed a tackle FFS. Hammer him? And he,s been letting us down for how long? Garbage. Some of the posts on here on match day are a joke.

:top marks

hibee_girl
29-04-2012, 06:37 PM

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Is it the Aberdeen game he misses?

Not a straight Red Billy, I think it may be Inverness but not 100% certain

greenlex
29-04-2012, 06:38 PM

Several saving tackles today. As usual you are talking Pish.

oldbutdim
29-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Had a decent game today, and one tackle prevented an almost certain goal.

Unlucky to get two yellows from a referee wha had a bit of a 'mare.

Good to see our players get backing from the fans.
(At the game if not on here.)

:thumbsup:

Alfred E Newman
29-04-2012, 06:39 PM

:agree:
Yet another couple of players who should never have been allowed near a Hibs jersey. While I thought we were unlucky today the lack of quality in the side is depressing and I am sad and angry that the club that I have supported for so long has been allowed to sink to this level.
Even if we do manage to stay up the outlook is pretty bleak.

Billy Whizz
29-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Not a straight Red Billy, I think it may be Inverness but not 100% certain

I thought it was 2 yellows

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2012, 06:44 PM
I thought it was 2 yellows

It was two yellows, which does not equate to missing next match. Hope someone can confirm what game LS misses

hibee_girl
29-04-2012, 06:45 PM
It was two yellows, which does not equate to missing next match. Hope someone can confirm what game LS misses

He got sent off which means he misses the next match, Aberdeen.

HibbyAndy

LS Will miss the 1st game of next season.

hibee_girl
Folk on here calling Stevenson all sorts for getting sent off yet both managers feel both red cards were soft ones - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17889775

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2012, 06:47 PM
He got sent off which means he misses the next match, Aberdeen.

I thought that rule was only for a straight red?

scoopyboy
29-04-2012, 06:48 PM

A red card whether straight or two yellows means automatic miss of next match.

Under the appeals system you can contest a straight red but not two yellows.

Misses Aberdeen, hopefully he hasn't amassed enough points to get a further ban.

Broken Gnome
His booking meant he'd miss first game of next season. The second yellow brings that forward.

Stantons Angel
[QUOTE=Postman;3201716]He's murder and will be no great loss when suspended!

How can you utter such nonsense? Where you at that game? He was our best player and still there are a number of you STILL jumping on the band wagon everytime his name is mentioned on here!!!

Granted the tackle was "silly" to say the least, both the bookings were for next to nothing! First one he did win the ball, second one the ref was conned by their players antics! He's have gotten an oscar if it had been a film!

Stupid yes i have to admit that but to knock this lad time and time again on here is just not fair. Did you watch Soars today, to say Lewis caused us to lose that goal is debatable. Soares let the ball pass him without even trying to connect and cut out the pass forward. What about the "great" Leigh Griffiths..... not once did he come for a ball today, he was all for showing how good he is but at a time when every man in green needs to be counted a SIMPLE pass would be enough!!!

Ozzy has all the touches and the brain but is slower than a 33 bus going to the RIE! He has to be quicker in his thinking and moving the ball forward.

Doyle today worked so hard and should have scored and taken the pressure off, but he was busy all over the park and played in a few great balls.

This as they say is how I seen it and everybody has their own opinions all i want is to see a Hibs team firing on all cylinders. If we play like this in a cup final then Hearts WILL walk over us.

GGTTH!

hibee_girl
29-04-2012, 06:49 PM
I thought that rule was only for a straight red?

I don't think so, red card is a red card no matter what so same rules apply. He will miss Wednesday's game.

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2012, 06:51 PM
A red card whether straight or two yellows means automatic miss of next match.

Under the appeals system you can contest a straight red but not two yellows.

Misses Aberdeen, hopefully he hasn't amassed enough points to get a further ban.

I don't think so, red card is a red card no matter what so same rules apply. He will miss Wednesday's game.

Cool, cheers for clarifying

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2012, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=Postman;3201716]He's murder and will be no great loss when suspended!

How can you utter such nonsense? Where you at that game? He was our best player and still there are a number of you STILL jumping on the band wagon everytime his name is mentioned on here!!!

Granted the tackle was "silly" to say the least, both the bookings were for next to nothing! First one he did win the ball, second one the ref was conned by their players antics! He's have gotten an oscar if it had been a film!

Stupid yes i have to admit that but to knock this lad time and time again on here is just not fair. Did you watch Soars today, to say Lewis caused us to lose that goal is debatable. Soares let the ball pass him without even trying to connect and cut out the pass forward. What about the "great" Leigh Griffiths..... not once did he come for a ball today, he was all for showing how good he is but at a time when every man in green needs to be counted a SIMPLE pass would be enough!!!

Ozzy has all the touches and the brain but is slower than a 33 bus going to the RIE! He has to be quicker in his thinking and moving the ball forward.

Doyle today worked so hard and should have scored and taken the pressure off, but he was busy all over the park and played in a few great balls.

This as they say is how I seen it and everybody has their own opinions all i want is to see a Hibs team firing on all cylinders. If we play like this in a cup final then Hearts WILL walk over us.

GGTTH!

PISTOL1875
29-04-2012, 06:54 PM

He is 100000000000 times better than Soares and Claros thats for sure...

Judas Iscariot
29-04-2012, 06:58 PM
He is 100000000000 times better than Soares and Claros thats for sure...

Bet LS never commands a £1,000,000 + fee, plays in the premiership, holds down an international spot etc..

Aye, but he's better than those 2 right enough

PISTOL1875
29-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Bet LS never commands a £1,000,000 + fee, plays in the premiership, holds down an international spot etc..

Thats a perfect example of how ****** up football is down there then..

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2012, 07:07 PM

One of our most consistent performers this season, yet still some on here love to have a pop....

Billy Whizz
29-04-2012, 07:09 PM
One of our most consistent performers this season, yet still some on here love to have a pop....

Probably the ones who watched it on the TV

Judas Iscariot
29-04-2012, 07:11 PM

Yep, consistent in a team that's 3 points of 12th with 3 games to play..

Well done

HibbyAndy
29-04-2012, 07:15 PM

Well done

But that also applys to 1M pound player Soares and international player Claros yes?.

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2012, 07:17 PM

Well done

Dear oh dear, is LS our only midfielder then:confused::rolleyes:

Judas Iscariot
29-04-2012, 07:18 PM
But that also applys to 1M pound player Soares and international player Claros yes?.

They've not been part of this team all season, neither are classed as "consistent" nor "player of the year" :rolleyes:

Alfred E Newman
29-04-2012, 07:21 PM

If we had another couple of " Stevensons " in the team instead of imposters like Soares and Osbourne we would not be in such a desperate situation.

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2012, 07:22 PM
They've not been part of this team all season, neither are classed as "consistent" nor "player of the year" :rolleyes:

Soares has been consistently average at best

Jonnyboy
29-04-2012, 07:33 PM
I've given up on these Lewis haters. They see what they want to see. I swear if Lewis scored the winning goal for Hibs on 19th May there'd be folk on here (you know who you are) saying "Aye, but what else did he do?"

HibbyAndy
29-04-2012, 07:35 PM

Id have LS in my team way before your Soares Or Claros's of the world.

Postman
29-04-2012, 07:35 PM
If we had another couple of " Stevensons " in the team instead of imposters like Soares and Osbourne we would not be in such a desperate situation.

If we had another couple of Stevensons we'd be down already! He offers nothing other than a good attitude!

Biggie
29-04-2012, 07:37 PM
What gets me is that there appears to be NO other players in Scottish footballs lower leagues OR within the club at present who Fenlon thought was capable of doing a better job than Claros, Kujabi, or any of the raft of other charlatans coming in and currently stealing a wage from us.
Is he really saying some of these young laddies we have on our books are that bad ?.....is he saying there's no-one in the lower leagues coming through ?
Do we have a scouting network within Scotland ?...we need to go back to our roots and get young, hungry scottish players into the team...these foreign lads dont seem to bring too much to the party for me.

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2012, 07:37 PM
I've given up on these Lewis haters. They see what they want to see. I swear if Lewis scored the winning goal for Hibs on 19th May there'd be folk on here (you know who you are) saying "Aye, but what else did he do?"

It's actually sad how much some seem to loathe him:rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2012, 07:38 PM
If we had another couple of Stevensons we'd be down already! He offers nothing other than a good attitude!

Really?:confused:

ancient hibee
29-04-2012, 07:40 PM

It wouldn't take a lot of searching on here to find posts of"all he ever does is score goals".I remember the season Joe scored 42 people on the terracing complaining that he couldn't trap the ball and that all Bobby Johnstone(100 goals on both sides of the border)could do was pass the ball.

Judas Iscariot
29-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Id have LS in my team way before your Soares Or Claros's of the world.

Well I wouldn't, I would want players with a bit technical ability in my team please..

If I want to watch something wee chase a ball around I go to the park and give my dugs a fitba tae chase..

dp00
29-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Will a week go by without The fans tearing into Lewis.... From what I saw he had a good game and was always finding a player with his passes which btw were mostly forward.

Yeah he made 2 bad tackles but at least he was tackling unlike the rest.

The people on here slating Lewis are prob the same ones who slagged rankin ... Yet rankin is now a regular first team player in one of the best footballing teams in the league. Maybe True what his wife said on twitter when he played us last...

I hear the term "hibs class" being spouted on here a lot, anyone care to tell me what it is .... For some I think they want a messi,Ronaldo or Rooney.

Get off the boys back and get behind the team... As someone said above if Lewis scored the winning goal in the final there would still be folk on here moaning about him... He is a hibs player and he gives his all and that will do for me... We would 100% not be in the mess we are now if they all showed his fight and determination. Skill does not always win you football games , however fight ,determination and belief to win DOES (eg Chelsea v Barca) and in my opinion right now we need 11 players with fight,determination and belief to stay up and win the cup.. Lewis has it but do the other 10 players ???

HibbyAndy
29-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Well I wouldn't, I would want players with a bit technical ability in my team please..

If I want to watch something wee chase a ball around I go to the park and give my dugs a fitba tae chase..

In all seriousness here, What the hell do you think Tom Soares offers? Fair doos your not a LS fan but how can you stick up for TS when its quite evident he offers zero to the team, Am sorry but there is no way you can rip LS to shredds and defend TS, That is ludicrous.

hopefulhibby
29-04-2012, 08:06 PM

But he has a nice new contract

Postman
29-04-2012, 08:16 PM

And??

lEXO
29-04-2012, 08:24 PM
This thread is a classic example why i rarely post after a game. In fact rarely post on here anymore. A large section of our support are just moaning faced gits.
Wee Louis isnae the best player to wear a Hibs top, however he is pretty far from being in the worst catagory.

dmc1875
29-04-2012, 08:28 PM
You can't fault his determination and fight. Today he charged around all over the place, made a couple of really good challenges when we were in the *****e and showed a lot of drive.

Having said that, he was an idiot for sliding in from behind to get an inevitable second booking!

Claros and Soares are far better technically, but with both of them in the team we lose the work rate and effort of stevenson which is needed.

Every team needs someone who will work and dig in, most recently for us we had McBride doing that role (before he was injured) to keep our midfield with Miller ticking over.

My only concern is I see a lot of comparisons between the way Stevenson plays and Mcbride when he was here and we all know how that ended up...

McD
29-04-2012, 08:32 PM

Yes. Pathetic, sleekit wee celtic prick, put a few nasty ones in including when he got booked for kneeing someone in the midriff, but as you said screamed at every tackle on him, and whining like **** the whole match.

Alfred E Newman
29-04-2012, 08:38 PM

So in other words he has more to offer than Osbourne or Soares.

500miles
29-04-2012, 08:42 PM
He can pass, he can trap a ball, he can tackle, he works hard, he's strong, delivers good balls in from the left hand side, and he has a wee turn of pace which allowed him to nip in to beat attacking players to the ball when they got in behind the defence today. I have no idea how none of that comes under the banner of "ability". Think some folk have made thier mind up already and are sticking to it regardless of the evidence.

Lewis was wrong to get his second yellow today, but it was a rare lapse in discipline from an otherwise well mannered, and professional player. Only someone with an axe to grind would jump on his back for it today.

Cameron1875
29-04-2012, 08:45 PM

Technical ability you say? Can anyone tell me how many goals our 'technical' midfield players have scored this season? Probably a whole lot less than the ones they've caused through losing the ball, not chasing back etc.

marinello59
29-04-2012, 08:48 PM

Which he earned. Is there anything you do like about Hibs?

hopefulhibby
29-04-2012, 08:48 PM
And??He is happy

Judas Iscariot
29-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Technical ability you say? Can anyone tell me how many goals our 'technical' midfield players have scored this season? Probably a whole lot less than the ones they've caused through losing the ball, not chasing back etc.

I bet Soares has scored more goals in half a season playing for Hibs than LS has scored in his whole career with us...

Postman
29-04-2012, 09:05 PM
So in other words he has more to offer than Osbourne or Soares.

Osbourne is a far better player than Lewis will ever be

dp00
29-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Geeez ..... Someone pass me the gun

Hibby 2005
29-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Geeez ..... Someone pass me the gun

Or give it to Lewis? :greengrin

dp00
29-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Or give it to Lewis? :greengrin

Hibs.net would be finished if I gave him it, he would prob be after 95% of the folk on here :)

Judas Iscariot
29-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Hibs.net would be finished if I gave him it, he would prob be after 95% of the folk on here :)

Yeah 'cos obvs 95% of people are wrong...

:rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
29-04-2012, 10:03 PM

I suspected this was pish but wanted to see it again for confirmation. Guess what? It is pish as Stevenson was not at fault in any way shape or form.

You clearly don't rate him but you stick up for Soares and Osbourne, neither of whom has done much at all in the last few months

gf77
29-04-2012, 10:23 PM

Shrekko
29-04-2012, 10:29 PM
I suspected this was pish but wanted to see it again for confirmation. Guess what? It is pish as Stevenson was not at fault in any way shape

I don't think he was to blame but he didn't 'pick up the runner' so I dont think you're quite right there. He knew it as well- watch his reaction. The truth is though there were several players who didn't cover themselves in glory at the goal.

Lewis is often guilty of a hefty tackle or two and normally gets away with it, probably because he doesn't look like a dirty player, but anyone being critical of him today should remember that he 'took one for the team' with his first booking.

dp00
29-04-2012, 10:34 PM
The player opinion on twitter

@HibernianFCClub: BREAKING NEWS: Players' Player of the Year is Lewis Stevenson #wearehibernianfc

Stantons Angel
29-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Will a week go by without The fans tearing into Lewis.... From what I saw he had a good game and was always finding a player with his passes which btw were mostly forward.

Yeah he made 2 bad tackles but at least he was tackling unlike the rest.
The people on here slating Lewis are prob the same ones who slagged rankin ... Yet rankin is now a regular first team player in one of the best footballing teams in the league. Maybe True what his wife said on twitter when he played us last...

I hear the term "hibs class" being spouted on here a lot, anyone care to tell me what it is .... For some I think they want a messi,Ronaldo or Rooney.

Get off the boys back and get behind the team... As someone said above if Lewis scored the winning goal in the final there would still be folk on here moaning about him... He is a hibs player and he gives his all and that will do for me... We would 100% not be in the mess we are now if they all showed his fight and determination. Skill does not always win you football games , however fight ,determination and belief to win DOES (eg Chelsea v Barca) and in my opinion right now we need 11 players with fight,determination and belief to stay up and win the cup.. Lewis has it but do the other 10 players ???

Hurrah!

Someone who talks a lot of sense and is open to other's opinions. not many on this board can say that of themselves!

Everything said in this post has been said time and time again, week in week out. Can we not give this lad a chance to play football and leave him alone.

Maybe the choice of non de plume in "Judas Iscariot" says a lot, IMHO!!!!

happiehibbie
30-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Its really Simple we are Pants i dont think this is the worst Hibs team i have seen in over 40 years of watching Hibs how far have we fallen LS is the POY its really that simple.

I am not a fan of LS !!

Lewis is a player that works hard and YES he has worked hard this season but to be honest any average player would stick out in this team and that is the issue Lewis is an Average player its not his fault we got beat yesterday

We have been in a downward spiral for about 4 years we sold all the young players that could have made us great In fact we let the second highest goal scorer in the SPL of all time go.

we are now reeping what we have sown I hope we are in the SPL next season I hope we can win the cup (funny how a shower of crap have the chance to Legends) As i have a feeling that investment is coming we will make about 1 million pounds in getting to the final season books i hope will increase I have upgraded my Season tickets this year and i will say this is my last if we dont invest in the Team and Manger.

Lets all pray for a result so we can enjoy monday night against dunfermline and prepare for the biggest game in our lifetimes GGTH :flag:

seven nowt
30-04-2012, 11:02 AM
The last time we won was against Aberdeen in the semis without Stevenson. He was not missed then and since he came back we've not won a match. We won't miss him. I'm obviously not as bothered as most here about his suspension. Stevenson is the type of player you'd want on the park when your 1-0 up with 5 minutes to go, not when your drawing, comfortably ahead or chasing an equalizer because he offers nothing on the attacking side of the game. No goals and no assists this season is not good enough.

I like the fact he tries but this is a very important part of the season that could leave me in tears and I don't want to see people trying but not creating anything, I want to see an ambitious side create chances and I want the team to finish these chances.

When Stevenson plays, we win by one goal but we usually get beat. Which is why I'd prefer a player like Dean Shiels, Zemamma, Brown, Kevin Thompson. If we had these players in midfield, it wouldn't be long before the Hibs support realized Stevenson not up to Hibs' standard.

silverhibee
30-04-2012, 11:08 AM
He can pass, he can trap a ball, he can tackle, he works hard, he's strong, delivers good balls in from the left hand side, and he has a wee turn of pace which allowed him to nip in to beat attacking players to the ball when they got in behind the defence today. I have no idea how none of that comes under the banner of "ability". Think some folk have made thier mind up already and are sticking to it regardless of the evidence.

Lewis was wrong to get his second yellow today, but it was a rare lapse in discipline from an otherwise well mannered, and professional player. Only someone with an axe to grind would jump on his back for it today.

I have no axe to grind with Lewis, but what you say in bold, how many assists does he have for this season or even how many goals has he chipped in with this season from midfield if he can do all these things, none, no offence to the lad but we need better if we are to improve as a team for next season, good squad player who can play a few positions but not a starter for me next season.