PDA

View Full Version : Eoin Doyle

H18sry
29-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Not good enough I'm afraid, way out of his depth at this level. :agree:

frazeHFC
29-04-2012, 03:08 PM
I like him. Shoulda scored the lob though!

Westie1875

Have to agree, change required for 2nd half.

hibsbollah
Too early to write him off.

frazeHFC
29-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Ian Doyle, as McCann says it. :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
29-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Too early to write him off.

I agree, hasn't played much football of late, needs games

greenlex
Far too early for that shout IMO.

Tha Cabbage Kid
we cant expect him to come in and automatically be a prolific goal scorer. he has a lack of match practise.

if he was playeing for a month and not score i would be saying "get him out" but not yet.

he does seem a bit slow though

Alfred E Newman
29-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Have to agree, change required for 2nd half.

A change to what? There is not much firepower on the bench.

Westie1875
29-04-2012, 03:15 PM
A change to what? There is not much firepower on the bench.

We've got O'Donovan and Sproule there, I'd put one of them on.

Littlest Hobo
29-04-2012, 03:16 PM

Made quite a good run earlier, lacks games and that vitally important thing you need as a striker.....chemistry with your strike partner:wink:

Needs more games under his belt.

Nakedmanoncrack
29-04-2012, 03:16 PM
He's crap, and all this 'too early to make judgements' stuff - sorry we dont have the luxury of allowing time for players to ease themselves in slowly.

PeterboroHibee
29-04-2012, 03:17 PM
He hasnt been involved very much, we seem to be playing a really weird system which isnt helping though, strikers arent getting too much of the ball.

Def should have scored though.

H18sry
29-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Made quite a good run earlier, lacks games and that vitally important thing you need as a striker.....chemistry with your strike partner:wink:

Yeah great run very poor decision on the finish tho :agree:

Littlest Hobo
29-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Yeah great run very poor decision on the finish tho :agree:

As I said, lacks chemistry.

hibsbollah
29-04-2012, 03:32 PM
As I said, lacks chemistry.

Nonsense, he got a B in his standard grade.

Littlest Hobo
Good play, good save from the keeper. :thumbsup:

stuart01

Unfortunately I need to agree. He might get better with a decent run in the team but probably not.

Sean1875
29-04-2012, 03:33 PM
How did he miss? :rolleyes: Wouldnt quite say hes not good enough just yet, but even a striker thats been on the bench the last couple months, still remains a striker and should be scoring from 10 yards out.

Littlest Hobo
29-04-2012, 03:34 PM

:faf::dummytit::greengrin

hibsbollah
29-04-2012, 03:35 PM
:faf::dummytit::greengrin

Kerboosh!

Littlest Hobo
29-04-2012, 03:36 PM
How did he miss? :rolleyes: Wouldnt quite say hes not good enough just yet, but even a striker thats been on the bench the last couple months, still remains a striker and should be scoring from 10 yards out.

Keeper saved it.:wink:

nonshinyfinish
29-04-2012, 03:36 PM

Standard Grades are graded 1-7.

hibsbollah
29-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Standard Grades are graded 1-7.

Theres always a smarterse.
:dummytit:
:greengrin

nonshinyfinish
29-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Theres always a smarterse.
:dummytit:
:greengrin

Too right, I got a 1 in Standard Grade Chemistry. :nerd:

Littlest Hobo
29-04-2012, 03:39 PM
What is Francolm doing???:confused: Diving in.

Sean1875
29-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Keeper saved it.:wink:

you know what I mean :na na::greengrin

Littlest Hobo
29-04-2012, 03:45 PM
you know what I mean :na na::greengrin

:whistle::greengrin

Francis_Begbie
29-04-2012, 03:47 PM
If I was a Hibs fan I'd get 10 PISH on the back of my shirt. He's cost me £300 Hibs last team I'm waiting for.

Fergus52
29-04-2012, 04:11 PM

:agree:

Littlest Hobo
If I was a Hibs fan I'd get 10 PISH on the back of my shirt. He's cost me £300 Hibs last team I'm waiting for.

:bye:

H18sry
Well the 2nd half has not helped me change my mind the 3 best chances of the game fell to him and he blew it.

madabouthibs
29-04-2012, 04:14 PM
He's pish, so is Griffiths to be honest but he gets a game every week.

Littlest Hobo
29-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Well the 2nd half has not helped me change my mind the 3 best chances of the game fell to him and he blew it.

What about the inept performances from Soares? Stevenson? Our midfield is the real problem, no a guy who's been given a run out because O'Conner isn't feeling well.

I don't think Doyle is any great shake, I just think your criticism is a wee bit harsh when there are clearly so many other imposters in that team who deserve a rollicking before Doyle does.

Part/Time Supporter
29-04-2012, 04:19 PM
He's a striker who can't beat a goalkeeper from the penalty spot or hit an open goal from 18 yards.

Pass.

H18sry
29-04-2012, 04:19 PM
What about the inept performances from Soares? Stevenson? Our midfield is the real problem, no a guy who's been given a run out because O'Conner isn't feeling well.

I don't think Doyle is any great shake, I just think your criticism is a wee bit harsh when there are clearly so many other imposters in that team who deserve a rollicking before Doyle does.

Its all about opinions, none of the other players had 3 gilt edged scoring chances, which as a striker makes or breaks you. :rolleyes: And who is O'conner?

Littlest Hobo
29-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Its all about opinions, none of the other players had 3 gilt edged scoring chances, which as a striker makes or breaks you. :rolleyes: And who is O'conner?

Ye it's all about opinions right enough, think your being very harsh on the Doyle fella.

What's with the who is O'Conner??:confused: Oh you mean the spelling?

O'Connor. there fixed it. Deary me, you really are pathetic.

Alfred E Newman
29-04-2012, 04:34 PM
We've got O'Donovan and Sproule there, I'd put one of them on.

Well they made a difference didn't they.

ancient hibee
29-04-2012, 04:55 PM
You can't expect a guy who has had a few minutes run out over the last 10 games be anywhere near sharp.

H18sry
29-04-2012, 04:57 PM
You can't expect a guy who has had a few minutes run out over the last 10 games be anywhere near sharp.

Apart from the 90 mins during the week against Sunderland :wink:

ancient hibee
29-04-2012, 05:00 PM

I'm surprised that you think a bounce game against a bunch of reserves and kids is much preparation for playing in a relegation battle.

H18sry
29-04-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm surprised that you think a bounce game against a bunch of reserves and kids is much preparation for playing in a relegation battle.

Irrespective who it is against it is still game time, and he could not even score against kids and reserves in open play, as you put it.

Littlest Hobo
29-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Irrespective who it is against it is still game time, and he could not even score against kids and reserves in open play, as you put it.

Very harsh :rolleyes:

29-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Nowhere near good enough. We desperately missed O'Connor today!

Gatecrasher
29-04-2012, 05:15 PM
created our best chance of the game by himself and had very little service.

Onion
29-04-2012, 05:18 PM
we cant expect him to come in and automatically be a prolific goal scorer. he has a lack of match practise.

if he was playeing for a month and not score i would be saying "get him out" but not yet.

he does seem a bit slow though

No one expects that, however the two chances he had today are as good as you get in the SPL. We don't have the luxury of allowing chances like that to pass us by at this stage of the season. Doyle simply HAD to take one or both of those for the good of the team/club. This is isn't a practice run for the real thing or a series of training sessions. We need MEN who can deliver at this level. Sadly, it does looks like Doyle is better suited to Div 1.

bingo70
29-04-2012, 05:21 PM
I like him, he's had to create chances by himself, of course he wasn't ruthless with the chances he created but considering how little game time he's had that's not surprising, if Griffiths was slated every time he missed two chances he'd have given up football by now.

Imo he was brought with next season in mind and I think he'll do well for us.

Hibernia Na Eir
29-04-2012, 05:23 PM
bring on o'sullivan !!! ;)

hibsbollah
29-04-2012, 05:23 PM

Outbreak of Sense Shock.

greenlex
29-04-2012, 05:24 PM
No one expects that, however the two chances he had today are as good as you get in the SPL. We don't have the luxury of allowing chances like that to pass us by at this stage of the season. Doyle simply HAD to take one or both of those for the good of the team/club. This is isn't a practice run for the real thing or a series of training sessions. We need MEN who can deliver at this level. Sadly, it does looks like Doyle is better suited to Div 1.
More nonsense.

greenlex
29-04-2012, 05:26 PM

Sure he scored.

R'Albin
29-04-2012, 05:28 PM

:hilarious

Hibernia Na Eir
29-04-2012, 05:28 PM
bring on o'sullivan !!! ;)

midlothianhibby
29-04-2012, 05:39 PM

He does train though and any half decent striker would have scored at least one of those chances, if not both.

Their goalkeeper was virtually level with his left hand post for the first one. Why would you choose to try and guide the ball over him when all you had to do was stroke it into the unguarded side of the goal.

Accept he created the second chance himself but 10 yards out, keeper is plumb in the centre of his goals and you can't find a corner of the net?

= lower league quality striker

bingo70
29-04-2012, 05:47 PM
I'd imagine that most strikers use the keepers as a marker as to where the goals are so when the keeper came out at such a weird angle that probably caused Doyle to get his angles wrong.

Doyle was getting stick before the game even kicked off today and I'm totally baffled by it, I'd guess his goal scoring record is probably up there with Griffiths considering Doyle has hardly played but scored a few goals

greenlex
29-04-2012, 06:14 PM
He does train though and any half decent striker would have scored at least one of those chances, if not both.

Their goalkeeper was virtually level with his left hand post for the first one. Why would you choose to try and guide the ball over him when all you had to do was stroke it into the unguarded side of the goal.

Accept he created the second chance himself but 10 yards out, keeper is plumb in the centre of his goals and you can't find a corner of the net?

= lower league quality striker
Torres missed easier chances for weeks on end. Is he lower league quality too? Thought not.

Chrissie_aka_Davoo
29-04-2012, 06:18 PM
He's not good enough, end of. Strikers are not payed to be "liked". They are paid to score. Doyle is out of his depth, much like Pat Fenlon.

Danderhall Hibs
29-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Imo he was brought with next season in mind and I think he'll do well for us.

Surely they didn't buy him with the 1st Division in mind?....

Alfred E Newman
29-04-2012, 06:32 PM
So according to some of the garbage on this thread it will be Doyle`s fault if we are relegated. What a load of absolute rubbish. Yes he missed a couple of sitters but to blame todays dreadful result on him is ridiculous. I don`t see any mention of Osbourne and his fresh air shot ( that guy is a total passenger)
or Francolme or Docherty blasting the ball nearer Glasgow airport than the goals. There are far bigger problems with the side than Doyle.

Piqué
29-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Strikers need games, Doyle has hardly had a look in lately but folk are expecting him to step in to the team and start scoring straight away. Look at the amount of time Torres has had for Chelsea and only now is he starting to look like hitting some form. There's no chance Doyle will be given as much time as Torres but he needs a chance to get match sharp without the fans jumping on his back.

midlothianhibby
29-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Torres missed easier chances for weeks on end. Is he lower league quality too? Thought not.

A striker's reputation is made on there ability to convert chances and any striker can go through a dry spell, but first of all you have to come up with the goods to earn a reputation. I think it's fair to say Fernando Torres has achieved that.

Eoin Doyle????????? 2 goals against Cowdenbeath.........hmmmm, let's just say he has a way to go.

but hey if you think he's good enough to lead the line at Easter Road?? you may be right, but IMHO not if we're still in the SPL next season.

H18sry
29-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Sure he scored.

As I said not in open play against kids and reserves :wink:

Houchy
29-04-2012, 07:22 PM
I like him. Shoulda scored the lob though!

That's just it though, any striker worth anything would have scored both his chances today. He's just not good enough just now. I think a season on loan next season could be the way forward.

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2012, 07:27 PM
As I said not in open play against kids and reserves :wink:

I think his movement is decent, however he made it easy for Samson, when he should have been blasting it into bottom corner, a real sitter which bit us on the erchie big time

JimBHibees
29-04-2012, 07:36 PM
I quite like Doyle he should have scored in the first half however he hasnt played for ages and will take a few games to get up to speed. He made the opportunity excellently for the second half chance but should have done better with the shot. He will know that himself though. Knee jerk reactions are the order of the day though.

greenlex
29-04-2012, 07:42 PM
A striker's reputation is made on there ability to convert chances and any striker can go through a dry spell, but first of all you have to come up with the goods to earn a reputation. I think it's fair to say Fernando Torres has achieved that.

Eoin Doyle????????? 2 goals against Cowdenbeath.........hmmmm, let's just say he has a way to go.

but hey if you think he's good enough to lead the line at Easter Road?? you may be right, but IMHO not if we're still in the SPL next season.

So he hasn't scored any other goals before the cup goals? We brought in a striker that doesn't have a scoring record?

ehf
29-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Let's be honest about it, Doyle has been a big disappointment: he was billed as "the Green Messi" and had just had a great season in Ireland but looked totally out of his depth on his debut against Hearts. The very fact that Fenlon has "used him sparingly" since then speaks

marinello59
29-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Let's be honest about it, Doyle has been a big disappointment: he was billed as "the Green Messi" and had just had a great season in Ireland but looked totally out of his depth on his debut against Hearts. The very fact that Fenlon has "used him sparingly" since then speaks

No he wasn't. A player with the potential to do well in the SPL was all we were lead to expect. I think he could still be just that.

Danderhall Hibs
29-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Ian Doyle, as McCann says it. :rolleyes:

How do you pronounce it?

Littlest Hobo
29-04-2012, 08:49 PM
I quite like Doyle he should have scored in the first half however he hasnt played for ages and will take a few games to get up to speed. He made the opportunity excellently for the second half chance but should have done better with the shot. He will know that himself though. Knee jerk reactions are the order of the day though.

:top marks:applause:

Some just think he's not good enough :rolleyes:

hibsbollah
29-04-2012, 08:51 PM
The Irish Konte will come good. FACT :flag:

500miles
29-04-2012, 10:45 PM
We'll see how he does. He's not been playing enough to find match sharpness, and he is making a step up to the SPL. People seem to have forgotton how long it took Griffiths to find his shooting boots.

weedgiehibbie
29-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Really want the lad to do well here but to do so he - as stated prior in the thread - could do with bulking up a bit.

If only we could find a quick way of taking it off O'Connor and/or me and puting it on Doyle :greengrin

Hasent played much 1st team football either, he could do with that as well to get match fit and get used to stepping up a wee level to the SPL.

silverhibee
30-04-2012, 12:39 AM
I agree, hasn't played much football of late, needs games

The manager obviously doesn't rate him even though he signed him or he would have played more games.

dmc1875
30-04-2012, 12:51 AM
The manager obviously doesn't rate him even though he signed him or he would have played more games.

I don't think that's the case. When you have a partnership of O'Connor and Griffiths at your disposal (which is the envy of most in the league I would imagine) they will start. Both have goals in them and are proven at this level.

This isn't really a good 'bedding in' time for a player. I think Doyle is here as one for the future, a good pre season under his belt and firing from next season.

JohnStephens91
30-04-2012, 01:00 AM
I don't think that's the case. When you have a partnership of O'Connor and Griffiths at your disposal (which is the envy of most in the league I would imagine) they will start. Both have goals in them and are proven at this level.

This isn't really a good 'bedding in' time for a player. I think Doyle is here as one for the future, a good pre season under his belt and firing from next season.

I fully agree. Griffiths and O'Connor are our best strikers and whenever they are both fit they will start together. Doyle is not just going to be thrown in during a relegation battle to dislodge our most potent attacking threats. Doyle at least shows good quality, albeit he hasn't quite got the goals yet. Any striker goes through that spell where they don't score because they are not playing regularly and are short of match sharpness. He is here for next season and I fully expect him to be a valuable asset once he has a pre-season with better quality players around him than he was used to in Ireland.

silverhibee
30-04-2012, 01:05 AM

O'Connor has been out with injury who did the manager bring in to replace him it wasn't Doyle , Griffiths when suspended for games who replaces him, not Doyle, looks like the manager see's him as fourth choice striker at the club, if the manager rated him he would have and could have played him in more games, but PF has chosen to go with the loanee he signed rather than Doyle.

He better hurry up and start showing he is one for the future as after the summer he only has a year left on his contract to start shining.

Not Hibs number 10 jersey class. :cb

JohnStephens91
30-04-2012, 01:11 AM
O'Connor has been out with injury who did the manager bring in to replace him it wasn't Doyle , Griffiths when suspended for games who replaces him, not Doyle, looks like the manager see's him as fourth choice striker at the club, if the manager rated him he would have and could have played him in more games, but PF has chosen to go with the loanee he signed rather than Doyle.

He better hurry up and start showing he is one for the future as after the summer he only has a year left on his contract to start shining.

Not Hibs number 10 jersey class. :cb

He chose to play O'Donovan for a reason and that reason is that his experience is in the English league system and also partly in Scotland. Doyle is relatively untested and to throw him into the deep end when coming from a league which is not as good as the SPL is suicide. You can't have just expected Doyle to pick up where he left off in the Irish league system in a faster paced, tougher league and scored freely?

silverhibee
30-04-2012, 01:59 AM
He chose to play O'Donovan for a reason and that reason is that his experience is in the English league system and also partly in Scotland. Doyle is relatively untested and to throw him into the deep end when coming from a league which is not as good as the SPL is suicide. You can't have just expected Doyle to pick up where he left off in the Irish league system in a faster paced, tougher league and scored freely?

And you can see how much of a difference O'Donavans experience has helped Hibs when he plays so you can. :rolleyes:

Your second bit about Doyle, if Fenlon new how long it would take him to get used to playing him in the SPL then he shouldn't have bothered signing him, we don't or didn't have the luxury to bring players in and wait until the next season for them to start shining, we needed them to be shining straight away with the position the team was in at the time.

JohnStephens91
30-04-2012, 02:08 AM
And you can see how much of a difference O'Donavans experience has helped Hibs when he plays so you can. :rolleyes:

Right so you slate one player and moan about him missing chances, now you moan about the other player with more experience than him? Can Pat Fenlon ever satisfy the fans? O'Donovan has helped us on the way to Hampden (as has Doyle) but O'Donovan has also scored against Killie. For what it is worth I believe that O'Donovan is the third choice striker because of his experience, and I'm sure if you were in the hot seat as well you'd have him ahead of Doyle in the pecking order.

Also Fenlon would have signed Doyle thinking that he would be able to use him throughout the course of the back end of the season to give him some game time. Obviously that has not worked out and I'm more than happy to have Doyle come on and put in a shift as and when required until next season when he will get more game time. You should stop being so quick to criticise players and management.

silverhibee
30-04-2012, 02:13 AM
Right so you slate one player and moan about him missing chances, now you moan about the other player with more experience than him? Can Pat Fenlon ever satisfy the fans? O'Donovan has helped us on the way to Hampden (as has Doyle) but O'Donovan has also scored against Killie. For what it is worth I believe that O'Donovan is the third choice striker because of his experience, and I'm sure if you were in the hot seat as well you'd have him ahead of Doyle in the pecking order.

Also Fenlon would have signed Doyle thinking that he would be able to use him throughout the course of the back end of the season to give him some game time. Obviously that has not worked out and I'm more than happy to have Doyle come on and put in a shift as and when required until next season when he will get more game time. You should stop being so quick to criticise players and management.

Aye your right, cause they are doing a cracking job of things so they are.

Its all about results and Fenlon isn't getting them in the SPL.

basehibby
30-04-2012, 02:23 AM
Doyle has ability as shown by his wee run into the box today - but his finishing let him down big style in this game. Would not write him off at this stage though - a good pre-season accompanied by a bit of bulking up down the gym could see a very effective player emerge.

JohnStephens91
30-04-2012, 02:23 AM
Aye your right, cause they are doing a cracking job of things so they are.

Its all about results and Fenlon isn't getting them in the SPL.

Considering the lack of resources available at his dispense I feel as if he is doing a decent job. Obviously it is not as good as we'd like it to be but remember he had to get shot of deadwood during January and build a squad in 4 weeks it seems your criticism is harsher than it should be. Certain things have gone against us and the team is not playing horrendously badly, they just need to carve out more real opportunities instead of waiting on a golden chance to fall at their feet or the occasional outside the box effort from Griffiths. Doyle and Fenlon are clearly trying their hardest for the club, it is a shame that you are not trying your hardest to back them and support the club during a turbulent time in the league.

Brebners Bookie
30-04-2012, 03:05 AM

Youre right, Torres scored in spain so got a move to england.

Doyle scored almost 30 goals last season in Ireland and so earned a move to Scotland, its all relative.

And he only scored 1 against cowdenbeath and 1 against killie.

I think he will come good and has better movement than any other striker since Fletcher, O'Connor included.