PDA

View Full Version : 580 Hibs Fans at Paisley

Zondervan
29-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Pretty poor to he honest. Think everyone that came through should get 10 tickets for the cup final.

We are in a relegation battle, and apathy prevails.

Tha Cabbage Kid
29-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Pretty poor to he honest. Think everyone that came through should get 10 tickets for the cup final.

canny say much because im not there but those are the people who seserve a ticket for the final!:not worth

Frazerbob
29-04-2012, 03:26 PM
canny say much because im not there but those are the people who seserve a ticket for the final!:not worth

I'm pretty sure they will all have a ticket for the final.

Can't wait to see how many make the journey up here on Wednesday. Fist time in a while the game hasn't been on TV at Todders so hopefully more than the usual few hundred.

Newhaven
29-04-2012, 03:29 PM

Is it? The majority of SPL clubs wouldn't take that to Paisley.

weecounty hibby
29-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Well done to each and every one of them but thats what happens when ko times and days are moved to suit sky. Sunday at 3.15 is terrible, throw in midweek and then Monday nights its no wonder attendances are dropping

Lungo--Drom
29-04-2012, 03:35 PM
I was going to go, and I am only 17 miles from St. Mirren Park. I got distracted doing chores for her who must be obeyed, then I went for a snooze, and woke up too late to catch the train for k.o. time :rolleyes:

I should therefore get -10 Cup Final tickets :blushie:

silverhibee
29-04-2012, 03:43 PM

Am no there, but haven't missed many games this season how many tickets do you think i deserve for the final.

Need five tickets for my long lost family from Sydney New York Berlin Paris and West Pilton. :aok:

Hibercelona
29-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Is it? The majority of SPL clubs wouldn't take that to Paisley.

The majority of the clubs in the SPL don't have a fanbase of 10-20,000.

Yet, they seems to finish consistently above us... :rolleyes:

erskine-hibby
29-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Am no there, but haven't missed many games this season how many tickets do you think i deserve for the final.

Need five tickets for my long lost family from Sydney New York Berlin Paris and West Pilton. :aok:

That is always the problem when we have a national stadium that is not fit for purpose.

DaveF
29-04-2012, 05:48 PM

Guilty - I'm totally apathetic at the moment.

£20 entrance + petrol. KO time when I take kids to see their Grannie - Nah, not for me.

killie-hibby
29-04-2012, 05:56 PM

From where I was in the away end it looked significantly more than 580.

Bishop Hibee
29-04-2012, 06:01 PM

When we got rid of Duffy in 1998 we brought in McLeish and the team showed a bit of fight and skill. This is the worst Hibs team I've ever seen and I wasn't prepared to pay £20 to get in and petrol money/supporters bus money that I can't really afford having forked out £105 for cup final tickets.

It's not apathy for most fans, it's despair.

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2012, 06:03 PM

Can't wait to see how many make the journey up here on Wednesday. Fist time in a while the game hasn't been on TV at Todders so hopefully more than the usual few hundred.

Don't think there will be anymore than 200 hardy souls on wed, be surprised if more attend

essexhibee
29-04-2012, 06:06 PM
We should be applauding these guys. Fantastic effort.

So wish I could be in a position where I could join on away trips.

greenlex
29-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Guilty - I'm totally apathetic at the moment.

£20 entrance + petrol. KO time when I take kids to see their Grannie - Nah, not for me.

Hand over your Cup final allocation !!!!!:gun:

Chrissie_aka_Davoo
29-04-2012, 06:13 PM

Wrong. I was at the game today, but I don't have a ticket for the final. Neither does my mate.

Like many Hibs fans, we can't afford the initial outlay of a season ticket, but we regularly attend matches anyway. We were both at the semi-final against Aberdeen, and at Ayr United before that.

Yet neither of us is likely to get a ticket for the final because the club we plough money into on a regular basis has decided that we're not important enough.

I'm sure the literally thousands of hibs.net members, tickets for the final already secured, felt pretty comfortable this afternoon as they let the real fans trail through to Paisley.

DaveF
29-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Hand over your Cup final allocation !!!!!:gun:

I could not be less interested in the cup final at the moment A.

JIm
29-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Kind suggestion but i wouldnt put the rest of my family and friends through what i had to endure today.

Chrissie_aka_Davoo
29-04-2012, 06:19 PM
I could not be less interested in the cup final at the moment A.

Gies yer ticket then.

At The Edge
29-04-2012, 06:26 PM
The worrying part for me was the atmosphere, we may have only had 580 but the other 2.500 odd were as quiet as mice. outsang them out cheered them and generally supported the team.
Is this what playing for nowt does to your fans:wink:

also credit to the stewards who gave us no hassle for standing, having the drum and opening the exit doors to take it in for us.

DaveF
29-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Gies yer ticket then.

No.

I can afford the initial outlay on a ST, but can't afford to go to many away games. I was at the Semi and Cowdenbeath and the club have deemed me worthy of a ticket.

I'm a real fan too.

Them's the breaks eh.

Hermit Crab
29-04-2012, 06:33 PM
The worrying part for me was the atmosphere, we may have only had 580 but the other 2.500 odd were as quiet as mice. outsang them out cheered them and generally supported the team.
Is this what playing for nowt does to your fans:wink:

also credit to the stewards who gave us no hassle for standing, having the drum and opening the exit doors to take it in for us.

I thought I seen a female member of the Gestapo try to get you lot to sit down at the start of the match?? Seemed to give up after a while though.

Pretty Boy
29-04-2012, 06:34 PM

I'll be there if I can get a bus sorted, the last train and megabus are too early unfortunately.

Always enjoy a trip to Pittodrie although maybe that's because I literally lived on the doorstep for 6 years.

wheniwas5
29-04-2012, 06:36 PM
looked a lot more than 580 from were i was sitting

scoopyboy
29-04-2012, 06:40 PM
It maybe just be me but I feel guilty at these kind of threads.

I am one of those inhuman people who go to Hibs games when I can.

Things like cutting the grass, washing the car, visiting relations, household chores etc IMO can be fitted in at other times in the week.

While I'm at it there is something refreshing about away games, not the same amount of whingers that we get at home games.

Worst case scenario is going down but if we do I reckon I will enjoy it as it has to be more enjoyable than going through this week in week out.

DaveF
29-04-2012, 06:45 PM
It maybe just be me but I feel guilty at these kind of threads.

I am one of those inhuman people who go to Hibs games when I can.

Things like cutting the grass, washing the car, visiting relations, household chores etc IMO can be fitted in at other times in the week.

While I'm at it there is something refreshing about away games, not the same amount of whingers that we get at home games.

Worst case scenario is going down but if we do I reckon I will enjoy it as it has to be more enjoyable than going through this week in week out.

Agree with the bit in bold - I've only been to a handful of away matches this season but enjoyed them all.

Don't agree with your other point about fitting things in at other times. That may well be the case for you but everyone has different circumstances and Sunday's for me are almost impossible in terms of seeing Hibs.

At The Edge
29-04-2012, 06:48 PM
I thought I seen a female member of the Gestapo try to get you lot to sit down at the start of the match?? Seemed to give up after a while though.

I didn't get in until just before kick off so maybe she did try, the guy with the security ball cap just wanted us all to have a seat behind us.
However she did raise her game and confiscate a wee boys juice bottle and took the aforementioned security guy for backup incase the wee lad got lippy, must have been all of five.

scoopyboy
29-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Agree with the bit in bold - I've only been to a handful of away matches this season but enjoyed them all.

Don't agree with your other point about fitting things in at other times. That may well be the case for you but everyone has different circumstances and Sunday's for me are almost impossible in terms of seeing Hibs.

I appreciate different people have different circumstances and priorities, however since the cup final tickets came up our support hasn't increased at all in my opinion and some of the excuses being put forward by some people are cringeworthy.

By the way Dave enjoy this years Cup Final, it is the last to be played on a Saturday, as of next season its on a Sunday:greengrin

Alfred E Newman
29-04-2012, 07:30 PM
I take my hat off to everyone who went today to watch that embarassing garbage , the club does not deserve your loyal support.

Stantons Angel
29-04-2012, 07:32 PM
When we got rid of Duffy in 1998 we brought in McLeish and the team showed a bit of fight and skill. This is the worst Hibs team I've ever seen and I wasn't prepared to pay £20 to get in and petrol money/supporters bus money that I can't really afford having forked out £105 for cup final tickets.

It's not apathy for most fans, it's despair.[/QUOTE]

The worst Hibs team you have seen and you didnt want to watch them "FIGHT" for survival in the SPL or fork out money on the fares and entrance fee?

Why then are you spending £105 to go and watch the "worst Hibs team you have ever seen" play in a cup final???

We aint suddenly going to get 11 new players in a period of 4 weeks, it will be man for man still "the worst Hibs team you have ever seen"

Only 587 Hibs supporters were present today yet there are over 20,000 of us wanting tickets to see the cup final?

Sorry....... not good enough!

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2012, 07:35 PM

The worst Hibs team you have seen and you didnt want to watch them "FIGHT" for survival in the SPL or fork out money on the fares and entrance fee?

Why then are you spending £105 to go and watch the "worst Hibs team you have ever seen" play in a cup final???

We aint suddenly going to get 11 new players in a period of 4 weeks, it will be man for man still "the worst Hibs team you have ever seen"

Only 587 Hibs supporters were present today yet there are over 20,000 of us wanting tickets to see the cup final?

Sorry....... not good enough![/QUOTE]

Loving your style :cb

yeezus.
29-04-2012, 07:37 PM
I don't think 580 is too bad really. Considering our current form and the fact that it is a Sunday - most other teams won't take that many to Paisley.

I'll be at Pittodrie on Wednesday - it'll be interesting to see how many we take up then - massive game.:flag:

Newhaven
29-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Wrong. I was at the game today, but I don't have a ticket for the final. Neither does my mate.

Like many Hibs fans, we can't afford the initial outlay of a season ticket, but we regularly attend matches anyway. We were both at the semi-final against Aberdeen, and at Ayr United before that.

Yet neither of us is likely to get a ticket for the final because the club we plough money into on a regular basis has decided that we're not important enough.

I'm sure the literally thousands of hibs.net members, tickets for the final already secured, felt pretty comfortable this afternoon as they let the real fans trail through to Paisley.

The club has set 200 or so tickets aside for PATG fans like you and your pal

marinello59
29-04-2012, 08:14 PM

I'm sure the literally thousands of hibs.net members, tickets for the final already secured, felt pretty comfortable this afternoon as they let the real fans trail through to Paisley.:boo hoo:

I would love to be a real fan like you. Sadly I was made out of plasticine. If only they had managed to afford enough to make me a Barca fan. :boo hoo:

DaveF
29-04-2012, 08:14 PM
I appreciate different people have different circumstances and priorities, however since the cup final tickets came up our support hasn't increased at all in my opinion and some of the excuses being put forward by some people are cringeworthy.

By the way Dave enjoy this years Cup Final, it is the last to be played on a Saturday, as of next season its on a Sunday:greengrin

I think my circumstances will be different in 10 years or so - I should make it :greengrin

R'Albin
29-04-2012, 08:17 PM

Not like us fake fans who have football games to play on Saturdays..

JohnStephens91
30-04-2012, 02:43 AM
From where I was sitting it looked like more than 587 fans! All the away games I've been at this season have had a good atmosphere, it is the first time I've been able to afford trips to other stadiums and next season I'll be doing it more. I so badly want to be in Aberdeen on Wednesday, I'd give my right arm to be there but my boss has put me down to work to cover for someone who is on maternity leave.

Got the Inverness game off though, hopefully we bring a good support up there like last time! :flag:

DC_Hibs
30-04-2012, 02:52 AM
Sunday at 3.15 is terrible,

Classic! One hours journey time and on a weekend. God forbid if you lived in Plymouth ......

You should write the excuse book for the fan dans that were moaning about a Saturday 12.15 kick off for the semi. I'm sure some had to get the space shuttle back for it.

The Harp
30-04-2012, 08:09 AM
There may well have been 580 Hibs fans there but they gave the team great vocal backing. Well done to all concerned, sorry you weren't better rewarded for your efforts.
I'm a season ticket holder (have been since '71) but I don't get to many away games these days due to a combination of age, health and finances. And yes, I'll be at the Cup Final, but I must admit to being a lot more at home among the sort of support we had at Paisley than the 20k we'll have at Hampden.
Keep the faith guys.
God Bless the Hibs!

whiskyhibby
30-04-2012, 08:42 AM
From where I was sitting it looked like more than 587 fans! All the away games I've been at this season have had a good atmosphere, it is the first time I've been able to afford trips to other stadiums and next season I'll be doing it more. I so badly want to be in Aberdeen on Wednesday, I'd give my right arm to be there but my boss has put me down to work to cover for someone who is on maternity leave.

Got the Inverness game off though, hopefully we bring a good support up there like last time! :flag:

I have to agree I was seated in L69 and given that the stand supposedly holds 1600 it looked pretty full to me, as a guess I would have said easily over 1000 !!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wybmcl

Renfrew_Hibby
30-04-2012, 08:44 AM
I was one of the 580 but then i only live 5mins away so it was a no brainer for me. I thought the turnout was poor but it was only later that night when my St.Mirren supporting good lady said that she and her dad were really supprised at the poor turnout from us given the importance of the game.
She said if that was St.Mirren then they would have been out in force and well fired up and she's right, I remember 3 or 4,000 traveling to Fir Park just 3 or 4 years ago and she came home and had lost her voice!
The apathy is unreal. I go to almost every home game and i can understand why the cowds have got smaller and smaller. To many loan players who dont give a damn and have no connection with the fans has contributed to a shrug your shoulders attitude from the fans.
Hope to see a full house against Dunfy but i wouldn't be suprised if its a dismal turnout and a drap down beat performance from the players.

Greendub
30-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Hibs are murder, that's why 580 ***** were there.

Why am I gonna trek to all corners of the country, when my team canni even win at home?

Hibs are on a downward spiral, we need funds, serious funds.

RP saying season ticket sales would be fenlons money for players is actually disgusting.

Do you think man city afforded all their players on season tickets? didn't think so...

lEXO
30-04-2012, 08:59 AM

A lot of us who do buy a season ticket for this season and renewed for next season(before the extra ticket for the final offer) as well as paying for cup final tickets couldnae afford the trip to paisley. And please spare me the real fan nonsense, it really is tiresome when somebody comes out with that line.

SlickShoes
30-04-2012, 09:04 AM

Hibs are pretty poor, have been for some time, this makes fans reluctant to go.

Luckily I attended all the cup games this year, but a fan only attending league games must be totally demoralised by this point in the season.

Keith_M
30-04-2012, 09:10 AM
The attendance WAS really poor but, as has been said by others, the fans are just demoralised with watching every decreasing quality of players for what must be around the last three to four years.

I think there will be a clearout in the summer but I'm no longer confident as to the quality of player we can bring in, because the possibility of relegation is looming larger all the time.

green&left
30-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Hibs fans like most other fans of other teams are happy to give up when a bit effort is involved. Wether that effort is the change of kick-off time, prices (money), distance or in what appears to be in our case, being utter p*sh. We have as much 'gloryhunters' or 'part-timers' as anyone else with fans happy to ***** off and just moan and whinge online.

200 max at Aberdeen on Wednesday....?

DH1875
30-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Was really surprised when I saw the crowd. Last time we went down and even in the relegation battles the couple of seasons before that we took thousands to away games. Although we're crap at the moment I'd have to hazard a guess it's more down to money and that a lot of fans have had to stump up for ST's and cup final tickets this week. We are deep in the do-do and need as many fans to get behind the team as financially can.

Scouse Hibee
30-04-2012, 11:33 AM

Really? I wasn't there, I deserve a ticket to the final also.

Scouse Hibee
30-04-2012, 11:36 AM

Well done but I think you deserve a break from trailing through to watch Hibs! Put your feet up on the 19th watch it on the TV and enjoy.

scoopyboy
30-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Hibs are murder, that's why 580 ***** were there.

Why am I gonna trek to all corners of the country, when my team canni even win at home?

Hibs are on a downward spiral, we need funds, serious funds.

RP saying season ticket sales would be fenlons money for players is actually disgusting.

Do you think man city afforded all their players on season tickets? didn't think so...

Why the asterisks?

Are you slandering the Hibs fans who attended?

Just because you aren't happy with Hibs you should not be abusing the ones who did go.

I was one who attended and whilst I'm not looking for a medal I shouldn't be getting crap from the likes of you.

Chuck Rhoades
30-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Was raging when I entered the ground to see only a handful of Hibbys. Enough people on here moaning about how they deserve SCF tickets though eh?

Credit where it's due - the ones who were there got behind the team.

Scouse Hibee
30-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Was raging when I entered the ground to see only a handful of Hibbys. Enough people on here moaning about how they deserve SCF tickets though eh?

Credit where it's due - the ones who were there got behind the team.

Raging Really?

Chuck Rhoades
30-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Raging Really?

Probably closer to p*ssed off than raging. Our support is frustrating at times.

Seveno
30-04-2012, 12:43 PM
I go to ER every week and come home unhappy most weeks. I wnet to Paisley yesterday and came home very unhappy.

Why do I go ? Because our Club needs us. It is more than just about the current team but all about our passion for our Club and its history.

For those that say that we need more investment, the only way that this will happen is by people buying STs. The money fairy has been and gone, and is never going to come back.

Scouse Hibee
30-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Probably closer to p*ssed off than raging. Our support is frustrating at times.

Pretty much like the team have been most of the time.

Seriously I get your point, though with the cost of the impending SCF and the dire performances it really is asking a lot for folk to think about going away to a Sunday game. Most people are probably planning on spending a small fortune on the 19th (the long aftermatch celebrations) apart from what they are already spending to travel, tickets etc.

Scouse Hibee
30-04-2012, 12:46 PM
I go to ER every week and come home unhappy most weeks. I wnet to Paisley yesterday and came home very unhappy.

Why do I go ? Because our Club needs us. It is more than just about the current team but all about our passion for our Club and its history.

For those that say that we need more investment, the only way that this will happen is by people buying STs. The money fairy has been and gone, and is never going to come back.

Yes and in these hard time the fairy wont be visiting many families who are struggling to make ends meet either!

Greendub
30-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Why the asterisks?

Are you slandering the Hibs fans who attended?

Just because you aren't happy with Hibs you should not be abusing the ones who did go.

I was one who attended and whilst I'm not looking for a medal I shouldn't be getting crap from the likes of you.
No I wasn't slandering, I use that term in relation to a group of people, not offensively. Just the way I use it.

I hold the utmost respect for people who trail to games, I was only saying I won't.

So I wasn't abusing our fans.

By the likes of me? Go **** yourself

Gatecrasher
30-04-2012, 12:50 PM
£400 on renewing
£175 on CF tix
£50 on extra tickets for pars game
£20 on .net membership and 12th man

May i be excused from not attending yesterday and wednesday please as i need to live the rest of the month? I dont want my uberfan status taken away, Get back to me as soon as :aok:

Scouse Hibee
30-04-2012, 12:53 PM
No I wasn't slandering, I use that term in relation to a group of people, not offensively. Just the way I use it.

I hold the utmost respect for people who trail to games, I was only saying I won't.

Kind of proved his point there have you not?

Chuck Rhoades
30-04-2012, 12:55 PM
£400 on renewing
£175 on CF tix

May i be excused from not attending yesterday and wednesday please as i need to live the rest of the month? I dont want my uberfan status taken away, Get back to me as soon as :aok:

No one stated they were any better/worse than you. I find myself in a lucky position where I am in full time employment and don't have a family to support. However, out of the 20,000 that will attend the SCF, I really doubt that only 580 could afford it/make it.

PS - appreciate your donation for the flag display.

Gatecrasher
30-04-2012, 12:59 PM
No one stated they were any better/worse than you. I find myself in a lucky position where I am in full time employment and don't have a family to support. However, out of the 20,000 that will attend the SCF, I really doubt that only 580 could afford it/make it.

PS - appreciate your donation for the flag display.

No bother, i love the effort from you guys :agree:

The point i was making (sarcasticly i admit) is there is a shed load of cash being spent by folk aleady without adding away games into it.

DH1875
30-04-2012, 01:00 PM
£400 on renewing
£175 on CF tix

Nope, not good enough. Excuses, excuses :slipper:.

:devil:.

scoopyboy
30-04-2012, 01:02 PM

Whole point being you have called us 580 *****, I want to know what the five asterisks stand for.

Go **** yourself I can understand.

If the five asterisks stand for a derogatory remark then you are a w*****.

Gatecrasher
30-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Nope, not good enough. Excuses, excuses :slipper:.

:devil:.
oh no :dummytit:

1875STEVE
30-04-2012, 02:20 PM

Spot on.

I was there, with 3 others, and we go to regulary home and away, we don't have tickets either.

greenlex
30-04-2012, 02:30 PM

Attending away matches does not plough money into the club.
If you attend ER regularly why did you not get the membership deal that stated cup ticket priority was part of the deal? You might be a real fan but you must be pretty stupid not to take the membership option. I reckon the club does think you are important but had to prioritise tickets as they only have 20k. Your important but not as important as the prioritised groups. You really only have yourself to blame for being so bitter.

Scouse Hibee
30-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Attending away matches does not plough money into the club.
If you attend ER regularly why did you not get the membership deal that stated cup ticket priority was part of the deal? You might be a real fan but you must be pretty stupid not to take the membership option. I reckon the club does think you are important but had to prioritise tickets as they only have 20k. Your important but not as important as the prioritised groups. You really only have yourself to blame for being so bitter.

:top marks

HibeeUnderwood
30-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Pleased to say I was one of the 580 that made the journey to Paisley, enjoyed the trip despite the result, I try and go to as many games as possible even though I'm not a ST holder this year and I'm not likely to purchase one for next season either (Just so you know, I work almost every weekend, so no funny business please :aok:), so right now my chances of getting a ticket for the final at Hampden are as high as Soares returning to Stoke in the summer and being told he's going to be a first team regular there next season. I went to the semi final against Aberdeen and believed that I'd be going back on May 19th, but thanks to a certain man with a moustache, I don't rate my chances. Still keeping fingers crossed but the fingers are slipping! :rolleyes:

HKhibby
01-05-2012, 02:59 AM

I t is a relegation fight...right to the very end!, and you can already see the evidence, Dunfermline 3-0 home win againt Aberdeen ob Saturday, thats the Jeffries thing kicking in! he senses he can catch us and has made it his ambition to keep Dunfermline up!, although we have a little better goal record i believe, but it will still be a fight, we need other teams to do us a favour and beat them

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-05-2012, 08:21 AM
I agree with the sentiment of your post (for once!), but, the only team we currently need to be doing us a favour is Hibs, particularly on Monday.