PDA

View Full Version : Is this likely.........or am I going mental

mutley
28-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Just looking at the final fixtures for Hibs, ICT and Dunfermline.

If we win tomorrow and win against ICT we go on 33 points. (win2 loose 2)

If Dunfermine win all 3 remaining games they go on 33 points.

If ICT lose all 3 games they stay on 32 points and go down.

Surely this must be a doomsday scenario for caley thistle.............. or is my maths complete cack????

Hibercelona
28-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Is Dunfermline winning all their remaining fixtures and ICT losing all their remaining fixtures likely to you?

Niffy
28-04-2012, 05:21 PM
I'd love to see ICT go down , just as they've not really been mentioned in the relegation struggle.

Niffy
28-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Just got calculator out...

Supposing its...

St M v Hibs... Hibs win

Then....

Aberdeen v Hibs - Hibs win
ICT v Dunf - Dunf win

Then...

St M v ICT - St M win
Hibs v Dunf - Dunf win booooooo

Then...

Hibs v ICT - Hibs win
Dunf v Killy - Dunf win

Then it's be...

Hibs 36
Dunf 33
ICT 32

nonshinyfinish
28-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Just looking at the final fixtures for Hibs, ICT and Dunfermline.

If we win tomorrow and win against ICT we go on 33 points. (win2 loose 2)

If Dunfermine win all 3 remaining games they go on 33 points.

If ICT lose all 3 games they stay on 32 points and go down.

Surely this must be a doomsday scenario for caley thistle.............. or is my maths complete cack????

It's mathematically possible, but 'likely' is stretching it to say the least.

mutley
28-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Niffy, that's where I was coming from.

Yes I suppose the LIKELYHOOD of that scenario is extremely unlikely, however, not impossible.

What are the odds at the bookies of both Hibs and Dunf staying up and caley going down???

lyonhibs
28-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Niffy, that's where I was coming from.

Yes I suppose the LIKELYHOOD of that scenario is extremely unlikely, however, not impossible.

What are teh odds at the bookies of both Hibs and Dunf staying up and caley going down???

No idea on the exact odds, but whatever they are, they're likely to be "too short".

Make no mistake, this is a duel between us and Dunfermline.

Hibstrooper
28-04-2012, 05:47 PM
The good news is it gives ICT something to play for when they play the Pars unlike Aberdeen who obviously started their holidays when we put them out the cup

Liams
02-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Just chatting with a few mates at work and we were talking about the 2horse races for relegation, and the point was raised, atm the table looks

Inverness 32

Hibernian 27

Dunfermline 24

So if dunfermline win there last 3games given them 9 points putting them on 33. If hibs win tonight and against ICT then we go on 33 too, that's means if ICT loose against us and dunf and there remain game, they can be relegated on 32. I know this is highly unlikely but I'm annoyed at the fact that only hibs and and Dunf have been mentioned about going down...

offshorehibby
02-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Would still rather Dunfermline got humped tonight.

persevere1875
02-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Possibly because the pair of us are so bad its hard to see anyone else being pulled into the mire, even though as you point out, mathematically it could happen.

Steve20
02-05-2012, 08:23 AM
It's between Hibs and Dunfermline.

Liams
02-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Possibly because the pair of us are so bad its hard to see anyone else being pulled into the mire, even though as you point out, mathematically it could happen.

I know we have had one the worst yet strangest season yet, but ICT have had multiple chances to pull away yet they have always been within touching distance of us. I know this is a very impossible to happen, I just think the press is wanting a big team to go down rather than Dunfermline

Hibs7
02-05-2012, 08:59 AM
I am sure Terry Butcher knows the possibilities and that is why they will beat Dunf tonight. It would make ICT mathematically safe. It is as big a game for them as it is for Dunf.
We need to win tonight Aberdeen have nothing to play for as they are safe.
6 points difference after tonight and Monday could have a party atmosphere at ER.

HH81
02-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Just chatting with a few mates at work and we were talking about the 2horse races for relegation, and the point was raised, atm the table looks

Inverness 32

Hibernian 27

Dunfermline 24

So if dunfermline win there last 3games given them 9 points putting them on 33. If hibs win tonight and against ICT then we go on 33 too, that's means if ICT loose against us and dunf and there remain game, they can be relegated on 32. I know this is highly unlikely but I'm annoyed at the fact that only hibs and and Dunf have been mentioned about going down...

No point being annoyed as Hibs and Dunf are clearly the worst 2 sides in the league. :agree:

mutley
02-05-2012, 10:31 AM
That was the point I was making in
Y other thread. If we win tonight and if Dunf beat ICT tonight, then there will be some pressure on them. Even though it seems unlikely, never say never until it becomes mathematically impossible

mutley
02-05-2012, 10:35 AM
A win for Hibs and a win for Dunfermline tonight, pressure will be on ICT against us. I know it's still a 2 horse battle, but ICT might still get dragged into it

Beefster
02-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Hibs and Dunfermine have won 11 games between us this season. The chances of winning another 5 between us before the end of the season are so low that there's more chance of Elvis, Lord Lucan and Shergar being found alive and well on the moon.

Houchy
02-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Lets just concentrate on what Hibs do first and make sure that we take care of our games. Although Aberdeen got pumped by Dunfermline, I think they'll be all out to prove a point tonight after being knocked out the SC by us.
Massively difficult game tonight which can't be taken for granted.:agree:

BarneyK
02-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Hibs and Dunfermine have won 11 games between us this season. The chances of winning another 5 between us before the end of the season are so low that there's more chance of Elvis, Lord Lucan and Shergar being found alive and well on the moon.

Strange things often happen in the final few games of the season. Not usually for Hibs admittedly...:rolleyes:

GreenCastle
02-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Wouldn't fancy going to ICT away final game hoping to get something when they need a win to stay up also.

Tonight and Monday are massive - 9 points left to play for - 3 or 4 points and we are safe I think :agree: to make the gap 6 or 7 - 6 with better goal difference is massive also.

BarneyK
02-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Lets just concentrate on what Hibs do first and make sure that we take care of our games. Although Aberdeen got pumped by Dunfermline, I think they'll be all out to prove a point tonight after being knocked out the SC by us.
Massively difficult game tonight which can't be taken for granted.:agree:

Absolutely. Anyone taking tonights match for granted can't have been watching Hibs at all this season, or last for that matter. I think the important happening tonight will be what transpires over at Caley. Doesn't mean we shouldn't be fighting for it though. Win tonight and hopefully open up a six point gap again...there's no way they're pegging that back...:rolleyes:

DH1875
02-05-2012, 11:13 AM
We don't wont them dragged into it though :confused:. We want/need them to win tonight and duck having to go up there to play in a relegation decider when Dunfermline have Killie at home :bitchy:. Nope, hopefully they win tonight and are on their holidays by the time we play them.

tetley
02-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Ict winning tonight would be an advantage even a draw would do, just hope we manage to do well against Aberdeen, still think it will be a two horse race to survive, every game is going to be crucial till the end of season anyone know what the odds are like in the relegation battle