PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates todays games (Dunfermline 3-0 Aberdeen)

Niffy
28-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Anybody else very concerned that if Dunfy win today and we bottle it tomorrow it could all be very horrible.

If it comes down to the last game... dizny bear thinking about.

Hibstrooper
28-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Anybody else very concerned that if Dunfy win today and we bottle it tomorrow it could all be very horrible.

:agree: I'm expecting a Dunfermline win today. Would be delighted to come out of this weekend still 6 points ahead

bingo70
28-04-2012, 11:35 AM
:agree: I'm expecting a Dunfermline win today. Would be delighted to come out of this weekend still 6 points ahead

Why are you expecting a dunfermline win?

I'm expecting dunfermline to get beat today and i think we'll win tomorrow.

If the worst comes to the worst who do dunfermline have on the last game of the season?

Niffy
28-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Dunfy v Killie

ICT v Hibs

Last day

bingo70
28-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Dunfy v Killie

ICT v Hibs

Last day

I'd expect dunfermline to lose that game as well.

bingo70
28-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Southampton 2 nil up and looking like they'll be getting promoted, on BBC 1 the now.

On a sidenote, whoever approved coventry sending McPake to us on loan needs shot.

Sammy7nil
28-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Why are you expecting a dunfermline win?

I'm expecting dunfermline to get beat today and i think we'll win tomorrow.

If the worst comes to the worst who do dunfermline have on the last game of the season?

A team they can beat that is for sure !

bingo70
28-04-2012, 11:54 AM
A team they can beat that is for sure !

Yup, in a one off game i'm sure they're able to raise there game enough to match someone like Killie and if they get the break of the ball they could snatch a win, however IMO that's not going to happen in three of there last four games so i think everyone needs to chill out, we'll be fine.

Mikey
28-04-2012, 11:57 AM
:panic:

:rolleyes:

Sammy7nil
28-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Hibs need to do it themselves a win or a draw tomorrow, the same against the Pars will be enough.
If we can't do that then we deserve to go down.

SteveHFC
28-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Beattie off

YehButNoBut
28-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Craig Beattie taken off with an injury let's hope it's serious. :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
28-04-2012, 12:03 PM
1-0 Utd :thumbsup:

bingo70
28-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Hibs need to do it themselves a win or a draw tomorrow, the same against the Pars will be enough.
If we can't do that then we deserve to go down.

No we don't need to do it ourselves, in the unlikely event we lose every game between now and the end of the season it's still extremely unlikely Dunfermline will get enough points from there remaining games to over take us.

Obviously we want to take care of it ourselves and i'm sure we will but all this hysteria and panic about being relegated isn't helping anyone, we'll be fine and we won't deserve to go down.

Sammy7nil
28-04-2012, 12:06 PM
No we don't need to do it ourselves, in the unlikely event we lose every game between now and the end of the season it's still extremely unlikely Dunfermline will get enough points from there remaining games to over take us.

Obviously we want to take care of it ourselves and i'm sure we will but all this hysteria and panic about being relegated isn't helping anyone, we'll be fine and we won't deserve to go down.

If that happens we WILL go down.

SteveHFC
Skacel :yw:

lyonhibs
Injured??

Precaution??

Or just having a shocker??

:dunno::hyper:

bingo70
28-04-2012, 12:08 PM

What makes you so certain Dunfermline are now good enough to win two and draw one of there remaining games when they've won about 2 or 3 matches all season, if dunfermline are good enough to pick up points like you suggest they're going to they would have started winning games long before now.

frazeHFC
28-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Dunfy v Killie

ICT v Hibs

Last day

Inverness away. Easy!

matty_f
28-04-2012, 12:14 PM
if it was us against aberdeen i'd be thinking it could go either way. Dunfermline aren't as good as the sheep and they haven't won at home all season.

Sheep and Hibs to win this weekend. :agree:

basehibby
28-04-2012, 12:18 PM

:confused: What makes you think we'll bottle it???

Fenlon has installed a bit of backbone into the team and we don't do bottling it anymore FYI (unlike some of our supporters it would seem :rolleyes:)

down-the-slope
28-04-2012, 12:23 PM
HT at St Mary's...they said Coventry losing 500k A WEEK....:shocked:

Houchy
28-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Watching the Utd v diet huns game. Darren Jackson sounds reekin':agree:

Billy Whizz
As we speak I'm worried. However if the Pars don't beat our weekend points total I'm sure we'll be ok. I wish we could secure our safety as soon as possible and Pat can get on with signing players for next season.

Spike Mandela
Match or better Dunfermline's points tally over next two games and Dunfy game will be irrelavent. Focus on ourselves, we WILL do it!

zlatan
28-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Aberdeen have told a load of players this week that they're out on their arse at the end of the season. That and post cup blues could mean one horribly lethargic performance from them today.

Beefster
28-04-2012, 12:30 PM
I barely leave the house these days because I'm so worried about the sky falling down.

HH81
28-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Sorry guys but you all need to get a grip. Think positive as dunfermline are dire.

Hibs will stay up....no doubt about it.

Saorsa
28-04-2012, 12:34 PM
I barely leave the house these days because I'm so worried about the sky falling down.you too! mair common than I thought.

:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
28-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Watching the Utd v diet huns game. Darren Jackson sounds reekin':agree:

If Hearts are diet huns does that make Rangers Obese Yams?

Dashing Bob S
28-04-2012, 12:36 PM
SPL status is guaranteed, Scottish Cup is in the bag, and STILL some people insist on being miserable.

Sammy7nil
28-04-2012, 12:39 PM
What makes you so certain Dunfermline are now good enough to win two and draw one of there remaining games when they've won about 2 or 3 matches all season, if dunfermline are good enough to pick up points like you suggest they're going to they would have started winning games long before now.

I am not but if we lose ALL our games they already have 1 win.
If they can sneak another I am sure they can draw with Killie

Hibs must do this themselves and I think we will, but we should not rely on the Pars remaining dire.

bingo70
28-04-2012, 12:46 PM

I am not but if we lose ALL our games they already have 1 win.
If thet can sneak another I am sure they can draw with Killie

Hibs must do this themselves and I think we will, but we should not rely on the Pars remaining dire.

Going by your earlier quote i would say you sounded pretty certain.

Think everyone agrees we should do it on our own and i think we will.

Lofarl
28-04-2012, 12:48 PM
I must confess all week I have been quite a wee bit worried about this weekends games. I keep telling myself that Hibs will pick up at least 1 point in the last 4 games meaning Dunfy will need 3 wins or 2 wins and 2 draws. But it is the anxiety of Dumfy being 3 points behind us potentially at FT today.

I can see them winning this match today, but I can also seeing us getting a point at least against St Mirren.

bingo70
28-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Anyone watching the hearts game able to say what Beattie went off for?

was a stretcher involved? was it after a collision? did he pull a hammy or some other muscle?

hoping it's all of the above but i'll not be greedy and be happy with any as long as it means he's out for the cup final

Sammy7nil
28-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Going by your earlier quote i would say you sounded pretty certain.

Think everyone agrees we should do it on our own and i think we will.

My comment was in response to your post saying we could lose all our games and still not go down I do not think that is the case.

Springbank
28-04-2012, 12:52 PM

was a stretcher involved? was it after a collision? did he pull a hammy or some other muscle?

hoping it's all of the above but i'll not be greedy and be happy with any as long as it means he's out for the cup final

Taken from Wiktionary

Definition of "Cheating"

Not paying your staff throughout the winter, yet signing Craig Beattie and re-signing Rudi Skacel on high wages in the January transfer window.

spike220
28-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Aberdeen have told a load of players this week that they're out on their arse at the end of the season. That and post cup blues could mean one horribly lethargic performance from them today.

Nope, any players leaving will want to be putting themselves in the shop window, I would expect the rest of the players to be relaxed, a few tense mistakes from Dunf, and that will be it and then we will only be 3pts from safety imho.

bingo70
28-04-2012, 12:54 PM
My comment was in response to your post saying we could lose all our games and still not go down I do not think that is the case.

Thats not what you said though, you said we WILL go down, not that you 'think we will' so i think you're over egging dunfermlines chances of staying up, it's extremely unlikely they'll do enough to stay up and it's extremely unlikely we'll not do enough to stay up so IMO all this relegation chat isn't helping.

SteveHFC
28-04-2012, 12:55 PM
:thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
28-04-2012, 12:55 PM
sounds pretty much against the run of play i think....2-1 dundee hibs :agree:

YehButNoBut
28-04-2012, 12:58 PM

Was a foot injury, did not look serious but commentator said he had similar problems before.

Hopefully enough to keep him out till the end of the season. :greengrin

Hibercelona
28-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Hibs players hear things such as "bottle merchants" at nearly every game. If you tell them that enough times, they start to believe it themselves, leading to more failure.

Lets stop this pessimistic nonsense.

Be positive and give them a positive support, so that they can respond in a positive manner.

Frazerbob
28-04-2012, 01:13 PM
4 points from the last 12 games yet folk think they will take 7 from the next 4, which would only send us down if we take zero points from the last 4 games. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!

SteveHFC
28-04-2012, 01:14 PM
2-2 :rolleyes:

spike220
28-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Hibs players hear things such as "bottle merchants" at nearly every game. If you tell them that enough times, they start to believe it themselves, leading to more failure.

Lets stop this pessimistic nonsense.

Be positive and give them a positive support, so that they can respond in a positive manner.

agreed

Hibees07
28-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Hate to say it but the Yams looked pretty decent today and deserved to win, it must be good to have 4 wingers all as good as each other in your squad.

Let's hope Pa & Matt are up for it when required.

Frazerbob
28-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Hate to say it but the Yams looked pretty decent today and deserved to win, it must be good to have 4 wingers all as good as each other in your squad.

Let's hope Pa & Matt are up for it when required.

Hate to say it but I agree. They looked good and scored a couple of cracking goals. Templeton's effort off the woodwork would have been another. Still, they never won and looked suspect at the back.

Where were all the 400,000 BIG team fans though? They have a cheek to accuse us of dressing as seats.

Hibees07
28-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Hate to say it but I agree. They looked good and scored a couple of cracking goals. Templeton's effort off the woodwork would have been another. Still, they never won and looked suspect at the back.

Where were all the 400,000 BIG team fans though? They have a cheek to accuse us of dressing as seats.

Correct, two teams trying to get in the Champions League qualifiers and an attendance of just over 7K. Last week a Hibs team struggling and a Killie team with nothing to play for, over 8K.

Hibernia&Alba
28-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Anything can happen of course, but it would take something truly amazing for Dunfermline to escape. We'll be ok, just stay calm and gather a few moe points along the way. No need to panic.

Hibs7
28-04-2012, 01:57 PM
It doesn't matter how they play up to the final, it is how they play on the day.
They have played really well in games before and then the next week crap.

Sammy7nil
28-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Thats not what you said though, you said we WILL go down, not that you 'think we will' so i think you're over egging dunfermlines chances of staying up, it's extremely unlikely they'll do enough to stay up and it's extremely unlikely we'll not do enough to stay up so IMO all this relegation chat isn't helping.

I think you are misunderstanding me but just to make it clear -

I believe Hibs will pick up points before the season ends and that they will stay up.
If however as you said Hibs were to lose all 4 games then I think we would go down.

I hope that helps explain.

bingo70
28-04-2012, 02:04 PM
I think you are misunderstanding me but just to make it clear -

I believe Hibs will pick up points before the season ends and that they will stay up.
If however as you said Hibs were to lose all 4 games then I think we would go down.

I hope that helps explain.

You don't need to explain, i understood you and i wasn't misunderstanding you but what you're saying here is different from what you said originally because you used the words 'I think' where as previously you stated is as fact that Dunfermline would pick up enough points which IMO is panic mongering.

Anyway, it's a stupid argument and will become irrelevant as we'll get enough points between now and the end of the season for us to stay up.

Hibercelona
28-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Hearts will be even better in the final, theres no way they're going to turn up to Hampden mince against us.

Anybody hoping that they just wont turn up on the day are deluding themselves.

We're just going to have to be even better than them, there isn't any other way.

nonshinyfinish
28-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Lewis Horner scores for East Stirling.

Hibernia&Alba
28-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Bolton and Wigan both leading. Big Eck's Villa under massive pressure if both win!

Sylar
28-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Fletcher has scored for Wolves, but they're getting pumped 4-1 inside half an hour...

Hibs7
28-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Both Aberdeen and Dunf rubbish, but the Dons having the best of it so far.

Hibernia&Alba
28-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Both Aberdeen and Dunf rubbish, but the Dons having the best of it so far.

As long as the Pars don't score we're ok.

BarneyK
28-04-2012, 02:38 PM
As long as the Pars don't score we're ok.

As long as the Pars get pumped, you mean...

Hibernia&Alba
28-04-2012, 02:40 PM
As long as the Pars get pumped, you mean...

A draw would be acceptable, but of course a pumping is preferable. Speaking of pumpings, Wigna 3-0 Newcastle. What a great run of form Wigan are on.

BarneyK
28-04-2012, 02:42 PM
A draw would be acceptable, but of course a pumping is preferable. Speaking of pumpings, Wigna 3-0 Newcastle. What a great run of form Wigan are on.

As long as we get at least a draw tomorrow. Don't want them crawling back even a point. What a game in Swansea tho.

Www1875hfc
28-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Craig Gordon plays for Sunderland. Needs another 5 apps to trigger 940k windfall for Hearts. Problem tho. Just 2 games left & deal expiring.

Sunderland 1 Bolton 1 :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
28-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Two more goals for Jelavic. I'm glad he's doing so well in England :greengrin

nribs
28-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Im at East End Park and Dunfermline are dreadful. Aberdeen loook like the only team likely to score

Hibs7
28-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Dunf 0 v 0 Abdn. Half time.

bingo70
28-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Had a wee peak at kickback to see if they had any info on beatties injury and they are saying it was on TV he's tweaked his hamstring, if it's just a 'tweak' then i'm guessing he'd likely to be back for the final?

Hibs7
28-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Wigan 4 - 0 Newcastle !!!!!!!

Hibernia&Alba
28-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Im at East End Park and Dunfermline are dreadful. Aberdeen loook like the only team likely to score

Whit ye daen there, mate? Posting fae your phone?

ozzie
28-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Had a wee peak at kickback to see if they had any info on beatties injury and they are saying it was on TV he's tweaked his hamstring, if it's just a 'tweak' then i'm guessing he'd likely to be back for the final?

he looked fine when he walked to the dug out in the 2nd half.

Hibbie_Cameron
28-04-2012, 02:55 PM
You have to wonder what these Wigan players do for 3/4 of the season. Some cracking goals.

Newcastle have been pitiful

hibsbollah
28-04-2012, 02:56 PM

Hamstring tears or pulls (no difference between them) are anywhere between 2-6 weeks, depending on severity. Could be good news for us.

bingo70
28-04-2012, 02:56 PM
he looked fine when he walked to the dug out in the 2nd half.

Yeah, that seems to be the chat on Kickback, suppose you can feel your hamstring go tight and still be able to walk, i'm sure all players on both sides will be wrapped in cotton wool and he was probably only taken off as a precautionary measure

bingo70
28-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Hamstring tears or pulls (no difference between them) are anywhere between 2-6 weeks, depending on severity. Could be good news for us.

Apparently he was only playing today to build up his match fitness so hopefully this will put him back by a few weeks at least.

nribs
28-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Whit ye daen there, mate? Posting fae your phone?
I live in Dunfermline the wee ladie gota free ticket because of his fotbal training through DAFC couldnt not take him. Anyway ecry DAFC players is getting abuse O:-)

big-mo
28-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Jeff Stelling has twice said this afternoon that if the Gers go bust, two teams would be promoted from the 1st division, is that correct? I thought that the Pars would stay up and Ross county would be promoted. Has anyone any idea what he is on about?

CallumLaidlaw
28-04-2012, 03:13 PM
A pars fan in my work yesterday said it had been confirmed that 2 would come up. I was surprised by this too

Hibercelona
28-04-2012, 03:13 PM
1-0 Dunfermline, only chance in the game. :rolleyes:

SneakersO'Toole
28-04-2012, 03:14 PM
I think it very difficult to tell how bad an injury is at the time unless they are stretched off.

Stack's didn't look bad at semi and look at him now.

Sylar
28-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Oh bollocks.

Ozyhibby
28-04-2012, 03:15 PM
If they go bust before the end of the season the pars stay up. If they go bust after the last game then Dundee are promoted.

Pretty Boy
28-04-2012, 03:15 PM
**** sake.

CallumLaidlaw
28-04-2012, 03:16 PM
1-0 Dunfermline, only chance in the game. :rolleyes:

Just seen that on SSN. Made me feel a little sick!

givescotlandfreedom
28-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Baws!

Dunbar Hibee
28-04-2012, 03:17 PM

Cameron1875
28-04-2012, 03:17 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-A0fgJzwSOIY/Tf1jOcmdSXI/AAAAAAAAA6U/-UeDXRKvvPU/s320/oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

ozzie
28-04-2012, 03:18 PM
are dunf heading for there first home win of the season :-C

SteveHFC
Jelavic has been a fantastic signing for Everton :top marks

bingo70
It'll all be irrelevant as we'll get enough points to stay up anyway.

plus aberdeen will come back today, dunfermline will start to panic as the game goes on

SaulGoodman
Who cares about Dunfermline. We'll just have to win tomorrow. I'd rather stay up on merit as opposed to Dunfermline being worse than us.

givescotlandfreedom
The sheep come close

CallumLaidlaw
28-04-2012, 03:20 PM
If they go bust before the end of the season the pars stay up. If they go bust after the last game then Dundee are promoted.

My mate reckoned it didn't matter if it was before the end of the season or not

Hiber-nation
28-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Imagine having to rely on Aberdeen. They'll equalise though won't they? :panic:

bingo70
28-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Imagine having to rely on Aberdeen. They'll equalise though won't they? :panic:

We're not having to rely on them though?

Saorsa
28-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Imagine having to rely on Aberdeen. They'll equalise though won't they? :panic:we shouldnae be relying on them though. If this result stays the same I guess we'll find out what sort of bottle our team has if indeed they have any.

Lofarl
28-04-2012, 03:25 PM
ffs

SteveHFC
Great just ****ing great :rolleyes:

ozzie
i would rather rely on abdn and get 3 points ourselves at the same time. or is that just being greedy?

Hibercelona
28-04-2012, 03:26 PM
2-0

Sylar
28-04-2012, 03:26 PM
It won't necessarily be Dundee who come up if Rangers go bust - Livingston and Partick are both just 5 points behind, with Dundee drawing right now and Partick winning. If Livingston get a late goal, it'll be really tight indeed at the top of the first division*.

Plenty of goals and action for MOTD tonight!

*And just as I hit "Submit Reply", Dundee score a second.

**** off Aberdeen...really....

Jones28
28-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Jesus christ...:rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
28-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Johnny Hayes sent off for ICT.

Mikeystewart
28-04-2012, 03:28 PM
As it stands going to be an interesting game at home, regardless of what happens tomorrow could be the decider.

givescotlandfreedom
**** off Aberdeen

Dunbar Hibee
Never mind the ****in final, tomorrow is absolutely MASSIVE. ****ting it a bit now.

Sylar
What a comeback from Wolves at Swansea.

From 4-1 down, it's now 4-4.

Part/Time Supporter
28-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Johnny Hayes sent off for ICT.

and suspended for their game against Dunfermline.

SneakersO'Toole
28-04-2012, 03:29 PM
It unrealistic to think that the pars wouldn't get at least 1 win at home before the end of the season.

Tomorrow will now tell us a lot about the character of the Hibs players.

Matt92
28-04-2012, 03:30 PM
**** 2-0....I still don't think they'll get 4 from 12 next games and we will get 0....at least I ****in hope not!!

ozzie
28-04-2012, 03:30 PM
lose tomorrow and we are goosed, win tomorrow and dunf will be demoralised.

Hiber-nation
28-04-2012, 03:32 PM
We're not having to rely on them though?

But can we rely on Hibs?

Hibernia&Alba
Our upcoming fixture against Dunfermline could be a real nail biter. We need to get something at St Mirren.

bingo70

How are we goosed if we lose tomorrow?

we'll still be effectively 4 points with the better goal difference, only 3 games left and still to play them.

even if we lose tomorrow we'll still be strong favourites to stay up.

down-the-slope
hope the Dons are going to give us a couple of cheap goals up there :rolleyes:

Gatecrasher
:wtf: <---- we will still have 3 points over them and have them next week, if we lose how are we done? chuck the defeatest attitude and support the team

London Hibs FC
28-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Every game till the end of the Season is a Cup Final now :agree:

GGTTH

hibee_girl
28-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Is it this Wednesday we play aberdeen?

bingo70
28-04-2012, 03:34 PM
But can we rely on Hibs?

Thats different to what you're saying though, staying up is in our hands and we're not relying on anyone else.

SteveHFC
28-04-2012, 03:34 PM
3-0 Great FFS!!! :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
28-04-2012, 03:35 PM
3-0 :whistle:

Saorsa
lose tomorrow and we are goosedRubbish

win tomorrow and dunf will be demoralised.correct

R'Albin
**** off ****ing sheep ****ging *****.

Darren1875
:wtf: <---- we will still have 3 points over them and have them next week, if we lose how are we done? chuck the defeatest attitude and support the team

100 percent correct

Part/Time Supporter
28-04-2012, 03:36 PM
3-0 Great FFS!!! :rolleyes:

Goal difference lead is only 8 now (effectively 7 as they have scored more).

Weir7
28-04-2012, 03:37 PM
It unrealistic to think that the pars wouldn't get at least 1 win at home before the end of the season.

Tomorrow will now tell us a lot about the character of the Hibs players.

And fenlon. Tactics too negative. Has to show he can change them. Midfield 5 yards off their men. Giving poor players time and space.

Onion
28-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Looks like we'll now we'll see if "Hibs will crumble". Must win tomorrow.

down-the-slope
28-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Right Rod...Plan C.....

Any spare CF tickets should be sold from Booths INSIDE ER Before KO of Dunfermline game.........

edwards
Doin them a favour for puttin them out the cup we only have ourselves to blame for the poor performance against killi last week,game on tomorrow a result of some form is a must.

Hiber-nation
Thats different to what you're saying though, staying up is in our hands and we're not relying on anyone else.

Well ok whatever, we were relying on Aberdeen to give us a bit of a breathing space then.

ALF TUPPER
28-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Now ....I'm defo goin to St Midden Park tomorrow to support the Hibees. I hope youre all gonna join me.

Come onnnnnnnnnnn the Hibeeeeeeees !!!!

carnoustiehibee
28-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Well tomorrow we will see if hibs have the mentality to win big games. And Tomo now is a big game.

Hibercelona
28-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Is it possible that clubs in the bottom 6 will try and get us relegated because they know we'll improve next season unlike Dunfermline?

Hiber-nation
28-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Is it possible that clubs in the bottom 6 will try and get us relegated because they know we'll improve next season unlike Dunfermline?

No.

Hibs7
Hibs can win their next 2 games, beat St Mirren tomorrow and then walk all over these Aberdonian fairies next week, game over.

SaulGoodman
7 goals in 2 games :duck:

Mango Man
28-04-2012, 03:43 PM
jesus, 7 goals in 2 games, what a time to start banging them in, this could still turn out to be the worst season of all time, it won't though..........will it?

ALF TUPPER
28-04-2012, 03:47 PM
jesus, 7 goals in 2 games, what a time to start banging them in, this could still turn out to be the worst season of all time, it won't though..........will it?

Nope :-)

ozzie
28-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Rubbish

correct

not stating it as a fact just a gut feeling.

Mikey
28-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Sorry for going against the grain here, but win tomorrow and we're 2 points behind ICT :wink:

hibsbollah
28-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Ultimately, three points tomorrow will see us pull further away from the Pars, which can only be a good thing from a Hibs perspective. Fenlon and the boys certainly would have preferred to be safe from relegation by now.

ozzie
28-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Sorry for going against the grain here, but win tomorrow and we're 2 points behind ICT :wink:

didnt want to jinx it. dam being superstious ;-)

AFKA5814_Hibs
28-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Tomorrow's game is huge. A must three points. Dunfermline will take a massive lift if the gap is down to 3 or 4 points after this weekend.

We have to forget about the Cup Final, players and fans, it's not the issue right now. Staying in this league is.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Who is the radio Scotland commentator. Fair enough we shouldn't have got ourselves into this position

But a bit of decorum eh? "are you listening Hibernian?" wouldn't have sounded out of place for Radio Pars!

Pretty Boy
28-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Did Dunfermilne not pull off a similar result against Killie earlier in the season then precede to go weeks without another win?

greenlex
28-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Who is the radio Scotland commentator. Fair enough we shouldn't have got ourselves into this position

But a bit of decorum eh? "are you listening Hibernian?" wouldn't have sounded out of place for Radio Pars!
Yup we are listening ya trumpet. Ask again tomorrow you ****ing Plum.

Sammy7nil
28-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Looks like we'll now we'll see if "Hibs will crumble". Must win tomorrow.

I think we saw the character of the team in 2nd half against Killie last week.

Lets hope we score 1st tomorrow or it could be a long day.

Northernhibee
28-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Well ok whatever, we were relying on Aberdeen to give us a bit of a breathing space then.

We weren't relying on Aberdeen at all - a win for the sheep would have been nice, but this is 100% in our hands. 3pts clear with a game in hand isn't end of the world by any means.

Hainan Hibs
28-04-2012, 04:01 PM
I've said it before but this brings back memories of the season we got 3rd under Mowbray. 5 points ahead at the split and 2 goals ahead at the finish.

Get your hearts ready for a similar finish this season:greengrin

Spike Mandela
28-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Hopefully St Mirren are on their holidays aalready along with Aberdeen.

down-the-slope
28-04-2012, 04:03 PM
So who is going to cause themselves rage by listning to 'We need Rangers' 'Hibs are in danger' type rhetoric of Jim Traynors 'Your Call' :rolleyes:

neilmartinrocks
28-04-2012, 04:09 PM
So who is going to cause themselves rage by listning to 'We need Rangers' 'Hibs are in danger' type rhetoric of Jim Traynors 'Your Call' :rolleyes:

the only thing id want tae hear fae traynor is a death rattle slavering **** that he is.

Hibs_SW
28-04-2012, 04:10 PM

I heard him how embarrassing! I turned it off there and then Before I launched something at the tv! Absolute idiot of a guy!

Hibees07
28-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Free tickets for the Old Firm Games, hmm. I sense a few raised blood pressures down Easter Road way. I hope they have not spent all my season ticket money yet.

LeithBoozy
28-04-2012, 04:19 PM
The Pars will get a huge lift from todays result, I hope we match it tommorow, what are their final fixtures?. :rolleyes:

Hiber-nation
28-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Free tickets for the Old Firm Games, hmm. I sense a few raised blood pressures down Easter Road way. I hope they have not spent all my season ticket money yet.

I doubt somehow they've spent all your ST money...:rolleyes:

Sammy7nil
28-04-2012, 04:22 PM

Who ever came up with that marketing plan should be very very ashamed.
If Hearts had done the same in our position we would have been calling them arrogant, ignorant A**EH***S.

DH1875
28-04-2012, 04:23 PM

The Rangers fans are on one of their walks, are they no :dunno:.

Sammy7nil
28-04-2012, 04:25 PM
The Pars will get a huge lift from todays result, I hope we match it tommorow, what are their final fixtures?. :rolleyes:

They have an away game to a team with ONE home win all season and that team has their best striker suspened for that game. Their last game is home to Killie.

Mikey
28-04-2012, 04:28 PM
They have an away game to a team with ONE home win all season and that team has their best striker suspened for that game. Their last game is home to Killie.

You're absolutely loving this :greengrin

Westie1875
28-04-2012, 04:30 PM
You're absolutely loving this :greengrin

Precisely what I was thinking. :confused:

Spike Mandela
28-04-2012, 04:38 PM
As said before, match or better Dunfermline in the next two games and the Dunfy game will be irrelavent.

Pretty Boy
28-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Absolutely, we are still in the best position.

Exactly.

Dunfermilne would love to be in our position.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-04-2012, 04:51 PM

Bit premature no? Save your blood boiling for another day. We ain't relegated.

The board are paid to make the tough decisions they live by these decisions (and live and live if you're Rod ;) )

Its the gamble - hibs stay up win the cup and you've a guaranteed seat at all the home games first dibs on any key games (including Europe in this scenario)

If you have faith in the players and management it's an easier and less risky call. Would you have the balls?

lyonhibs
28-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Exactly.

Dunfermilne would love to be in our position.

Haud oan, I thought we were already relegated??

Jim44
28-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Tomorrow's game is huge. A must three points. Dunfermline will take a massive lift if the gap is down to 3 or 4 points after this weekend.

We have to forget about the Cup Final, players and fans, it's not the issue right now. Staying in this league is.

I agree entirely but remember that a very sizeable majority on Hibs.net said in two polls that a cup final win was more important than avoiding relegation. I wonder how many are now reconsidering their choice?

The Harp
28-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Apologies if someone has previously posted similar (not got time to check all the posts) but it's not about what Dunfermline do, it's what the Hibees do!!!
Time for the players to show what they're made of. If they can't hold onto the advantage we have, then sadly we don't deserve to be in the top flight. Sad stuff!:boo hoo: But no time for negativity - 3 points tomorrow, against a team with little to play for, just like the Pars did today, shouldn't be beyond us.
:flag:

down the slope
28-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Regardless of the result tomorrow it is an absolute disgrace that we find ourselves in another relegation battle , year on year it is just getting worse and those responsible should consider their position, i telt ye it could get a lot worse but you listened to the likes of Mikey who told you everything is ok , not so , we are in megatrouble , an absolute shambles from top to bottom .

greenlex
28-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Regardless of the result tomorrow it is an absolute disgrace that we find ourselves in another relegation battle , year on year it is just getting worse and those responsible should consider their position, i telt ye it could get a lot worse but you listened to the likes of Mikey who told you everything is ok , not so , we are in megatrouble , an absolute shambles from top to bottom .
Shut up.

down the slope
28-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Shut up.
Ha Ha , truth hurts , the next three teams above us have combined home crowds equal to one of ours yet they are so much better, let the scales fall from your eyes and see the trouble we are in and all because of the fiefdom of accountants that run our club, erses everyone of them and if you don't believe me see the gaps where all the ST holders used to sit !!!.

AFKA5814_Hibs
28-04-2012, 06:47 PM
I agree entirely but remember that a very sizeable majority on Hibs.net said in two polls that a cup final win was more important than avoiding relegation. I wonder how many are now reconsidering their choice?

Would be interesting to see if folk change their opinion on that one. Not something I voted on cause I think the question is irrelevant as theres no danger we'd win the Cup if we'd been relegated the week before.

Anyhows, hopefully the team gets the win we need tomorrow.

Famous5forever
28-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Would be interesting to see if folk change their opinion on that one. Not something I voted on cause I think the question is irrelevant as theres no danger we'd win the Cup if we'd been relegated the week before.

Anyhows, hopefully the team gets the win we need tomorrow.

We are in no trouble of going down we still have a home game v dunfy and our goal difference is much better than theres is anyway even if they did fluke a win against us.

THE ADVANTAGE IS FIRMLY WITH US.

vanNISHtelroy
28-04-2012, 07:10 PM
An Inverness fan collapased and recieved CPR (for around 20 mins apparently) in the stand today and was rushed to Crosshouse Hospital.

According to an ICT forum the man has since died.

RIP

Weir7
28-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Ha Ha , truth hurts , the next three teams above us have combined home crowds equal to one of ours yet they are so much better, let the scales fall from your eyes and see the trouble we are in and all because of the fiefdom of accountants that run our club, erses everyone of them and if you don't believe me see the gaps where all the ST holders used to sit !!!.

Spot on. Mothgerwell's crowd today less than 5k. Scottish Cup run is masking what a state we are in.

marinello59
28-04-2012, 07:55 PM

Hopefully we get relegated and you will be able to give the biggest I told you so ever. Fingers crossed. :agree:

LeithBoozy
28-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Who ever came up with that marketing plan should be very very ashamed.
If Hearts had done the same in our position we would have been calling them arrogant, ignorant A**EH***S. I have to agree with you there and I don't think FJK would have passed up the opportunity, to gee up his players with it. :rolleyes:

Iain G
28-04-2012, 09:08 PM

You miserable sod! Bet you are hoping for relegation to jump up and down on your wee soapbox shouting "I told you so"...pull your head in and get behind the team over the rest of the season...jeeze..

greenlex
28-04-2012, 09:41 PM
I have to agree with you there and I don't think FJK would have passed up the opportunity, to gee up his players with it. :rolleyes:
the chances are the fat mess probably doesn't even knw about it. What do you knw about Dunfermlines Marketing?

jonty
29-04-2012, 10:20 AM

:agree:

Hibercelona
29-04-2012, 10:36 AM
You miserable sod! Bet you are hoping for relegation to jump up and down on your wee soapbox shouting "I told you so"...pull your head in and get behind the team over the rest of the season...jeeze..

Hopefully we get relegated and you will be able to give the biggest I told you so ever. Fingers crossed. :agree:

So a poster says it how it is, so that means they want it to happen?

The mentality on here, seriously. :confused:

marinello59
29-04-2012, 10:48 AM

No, a poster on here arrogantly assumes that he is the only one who knows the problems we have. Everybody else is delusional apparently. I don't know one Hibs supporter who does not know what a serious state we are in. Not one. How does constantly whinging like a stroppy teenager(with apologies to teenagers everywhere) whilst stating the same thing over and over again help? It's self indulgent, weak and corrosive. We should all be standing together just now, the time for recriminations is at the end of the season no matter what the outcome is . Hopefully a swift post mortem will be carried out and those who have been found wanting can leave, no matter who they are. Until then we have to make the best of what we have.

jonty
29-04-2012, 10:50 AM

I think the arguement/discussion was over when the name calling and usual inaccuracies were trotted out.

Ha Ha , truth hurts , the next three teams above us have combined home crowds equal to one of ours yet they are so much better
So much better? barely. we're 5 points behind the team above, with a game in hand.
Disappointing place to be? absolutely.,

let the scales fall from your eyes and see the trouble we are in and all because of the fiefdom of accountants that run our club, erses everyone of them and if you don't believe me see the gaps where all the ST holders used to sit !!!.

Oh dear - usual nonsense being touted again.

ST holders aren't attending because it's been a pish couple of years watching rubbish. Thats down the managers and players. I doubt the 'fiefdom of accountants' that we have are pulling the strings at EM. We've been told time and time again that the footballing department is run by the manager. end of story. But thats just ignored.

With the exception of the appoinment of Mowbray (by the same 'accountant' in charge, just in case thats been forgotten) the last few years have been pish (see table below). Fill in the gaps for those other managers, but thats our league placing with TM on board and RP in charge. Out average placing under RP has remained the same (actually its a fractional improvement, but lets not go overboard). no smoke and mirrors. facts. Off the park (that would be the area he's in charge of) we've made huge strides.
The year thats missing is the relegation year.

2011/2012

RP

2010/2011

RP

2009/2010

RP

2008/2009

RP

2007/2008

RP

2006/2007

TM

RP

2005/2006

TM

RP

2004/2005

TM

RP

2003/2004

2002/2003

2001/2002

2000/2001

1999/2000

1997/1998

1996/1997

1995/1996

1994/1995

1993/1994

1992/1993

1991/1992

1990/1991

1989/1990

LeithBoozy
29-04-2012, 01:52 PM
the chances are the fat mess probably doesn't even knw about it. What do you knw about Dunfermlines Marketing?About the same as you I would imagine.

greenlex
29-04-2012, 02:05 PM
About the same as you I would imagine.

Zacktly.