PDA

View Full Version : Jambos in hibs end for final

Hibby Cam
27-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Was talking to a female jambo at work today who has been trying but failed to get a ticket for hearts end, (prob coz she never goes to any games) anyway she informed me that she would have to get a ticket for the hibs end................ to which i scoffed and said fat chance............ then came the classic, my friend works in the ticket office and said they would get me a ticket no probs if i was stuck, i have tried in vain to get this ticket office persons name (still working on it). But it make my blood boil for those genuine folk who cant get tickets to lose out so some twat from gorgie can go,

CallumLaidlaw
27-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Yes I'm sure they'll risk their job so they can get their mate a ticket

ShanksSaidNo
27-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Be cool Cam, the wee tert will be talkin pish. Anythin to wind us up, they thrive on it.

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Probably just another deluded arrogant yam tube, it's in their blood now...but you can't see it on a maroon jersey....

:rolleyes:

Hibby Cam
27-04-2012, 04:30 PM

i told her i wanted to see her ticket as i called her bluff, if she gets one then i will be making waves until then we will see, but you have to remember there are a lot of thickos out there who do things without thinking of the consquences

The Sea-gull
27-04-2012, 04:33 PM
The odd one here and there might infiltrate our end. Scenarios along the lines of yam can't get ticket for yam end, yam has hibby mate/family/boyfriend/bird who can get two tickets but doesn't know anyone else to give it to. Hibby gives to yam.

Serious questions needing asked here are:-

Why would you want to go into the "opposite" end for any game never mind a game like this?

Why would any self respecting Hibby give their spare to a yam instead of leaving it for someone else?

Got me thinking, if faced with having to sit in the wrong end for this game or not go at all what would you do? I'd never go in their end in a million years for any game never mind this one. Could not bear it or keep my cover when we scored/conceded goals.

Saorsa
27-04-2012, 04:35 PM
The odd one here and there might infiltrate our end. Scenarios along the lines of yam can't get ticket for yam end, yam has hibby mate/family/boyfriend/bird who can get two tickets but doesn't know anyone else to give it to. Hibby gives to yam.

Why would you want to go into the "opposite" end for any game never mind a game like this?

Why would any self respecting Hibby give their spare to a yam instead of leaving it for someone else?

Got me thinking, if faced with having to sit in the wrong end for this game or not go at all what would you do? I'd never go in their end in a million years for any game never mind this one. Could not bear it or keep my cover when we scored/conceded goals.I wouldnae go, it's bad enough having tae be in the same stadium as that ****.

HibeeN
27-04-2012, 04:38 PM
If it was the other way around I'd never take a ticket for the Hearts end. Couldn't take being in that end - imagine having to keep quiet if we scored, and not being able to celebrate if we won. Win or lose, I'd rather be around fellow Hibs fans than surrounded by that lot.

CallumLaidlaw
27-04-2012, 04:39 PM
I couldn't do it. Imagine going ahead. Or imagine being a couple of goals down. They're all up swatting flies and you're sat on your hands. Couldn't do it.

offshorehibby
27-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Knowing my luck i'd probably bump into some yam fud that new me.

Hibercelona
27-04-2012, 04:45 PM
They'll be Hibs and Hearts fans in both ends.

A bit like that game in 73. :wink:

Hibernia Na Eir
27-04-2012, 04:47 PM
grass up the Oz ticket office eegits!!

hertz

FitbaFolkKen
27-04-2012, 04:49 PM
I got complimentary tickets for the 0-4 semi and was assured by the boss they were in the Hibs end...... not a fun day and I would never, ever, do anything like that again. Awful experience.

I always remember one of my mates going in the away end for a Hibs,Dundee Utd game.Can't remember why! It was the first game of the season and we won 5-0 which can't have been much fun to sit on your hands for. If I remember right it was when Kevin harper was breaking into the team and he was awesome that day.

Moral of the story is I hope your jambo mate gets a ticket in the Hibs end and we stuff them, it'll serve them right!

woody47
27-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Well I for one would go into the opposite end if I didn't have a ticket for our end. Yes it would be murder but it would also be great standing singing SOL in an empty end...bar one at the end :greengrin It would also be amusing listening to the grunts moaning through the first half before all leaving cos they had seen enough!
I remember being at ipox a few seasons ago when we won and someone in the broamloan end took of their jumper as they were leaving (last out) to show they were wearing the green:thumbsup: Danced all the way up the stairs to the echo of the rest of us singing Hibees....Hibees
Yes it's hard to keep quiet but all the better when they are hurting :greengrin

Green Cabbage 7
27-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Lets not kid ourselves on there will be hibbies doing the same thing.ive known hibs supporters getting tickets for the rangers end at ibrox and the same at celtic park against celtic this happens quite allot

Craig_in_Prague
27-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Was in the Hearts old main stand when Hunter scored to end that run... Was great I must say, but obviously coz we won. Listening to them say they should be beating wee teams like this etc was amusing.. Anyway I was young then and dont think i would do it now nor hampden in a final especially. Liverpool derbies often has some away fans next to friends/family on home end... And i think thats nice and how it should be tbh... We are all just supporting our team. Not sure why theres so much hatred towards another human just coz of the team they support. I can understand emotions will be sky high at the final so think its crazy going into other end.

Hermit Crab
27-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Was talking to a female jambo at work today who has been trying but failed to get a ticket for hearts end, (prob coz she never goes to any games) anyway she informed me that she would have to get a ticket for the hibs end................ to which i scoffed and said fat chance............ then came the classic, my friend works in the ticket office and said they would get me a ticket no probs if i was stuck, i have tried in vain to get this ticket office persons name (still working on it). But it make my blood boil for those genuine folk who cant get tickets to lose out so some twat from gorgie can go,

It's already been discussed on sickback over a week ago. Can be viewed here http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/110368-Going-Undercover

essexhibee
27-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Don't see the point myself. Cant sing, can't celebrate, may swell watch on TV :confused:.

Id love seeing one of them being outed as an undercover ****bo. :aok:

Sean1875
27-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Any Jambos sitting near me on the 19th, hope they like having a sore face :smug:

essexhibee
27-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Typical good looking Hearts fan......

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4282004/Paulo-Sergio-is-loving-life-at-Hearts.html

:faf:

Sean1875
27-04-2012, 05:42 PM

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4282004/Paulo-Sergio-is-loving-life-at-Hearts.html

I really shouldnt laugh but... :faf: :faf: :faf:

Hermit Crab
27-04-2012, 05:53 PM

What a roaster!

lyonhibs
27-04-2012, 06:46 PM

Surely, SURELY, he's putting that face on??

nonshinyfinish
27-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Surely, SURELY, he's putting that face on??

Never mind putting on, that's a face you would take off if you could.

MacBean
27-04-2012, 06:58 PM
It's already been discussed on sickback over a week ago. Can be viewed here http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/110368-Going-Undercover

They really are thick eh!

Hibernia Na Eir
27-04-2012, 07:33 PM

dear oh dear!!

Your average diet-Hun i guess:agree:

hibee_nation
27-04-2012, 07:40 PM
One can only hope for their sake the photographer was a Hibby and picked the ugliest yam to get his pic taken. More likely he was the most photogenic amongst the mutants. :jamboak:

Holmesdale Hibs
27-04-2012, 07:59 PM
I wouldnae go, it's bad enough having tae be in the same stadium as that ****.

:agree: Maybe for an Inverness game or something but no chance for a derby, especially not this one.

It's pretty bad if this is going on but it probably happens on both sides.

Green Cabbage 7
27-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Was told of a friend of mine who is going on the team bus there will not be a public sale for this game! I asked why not and was told just to trust him no public sale!

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Was told of a friend of mine who is going on the team bus there will not be a public sale for this game! I asked why not and was told just to trust him no public sale!

Ok, so Tam McC is buying up all the spare tickets and putting them on Ebay?

Either that, or we're selling 13,000 Season Tickets for next season.....:rolleyes:

fatbloke
27-04-2012, 08:39 PM

I have just been told the same by an impeccable source, who I will not name so the person does not get into trouble.

Iggy Pope
27-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Was in the Hearts old main stand when Hunter scored to end that run... Was great I must say, but obviously coz we won. Listening to them say they should be beating wee teams like this etc was amusing.. Anyway I was young then and dont think i would do it now nor hampden in a final especially. Liverpool derbies often has some away fans next to friends/family on home end... And i think thats nice and how it should be tbh... We are all just supporting our team. Not sure why theres so much hatred towards another human just coz of the team they support. I can understand emotions will be sky high at the final so think its crazy going into other end.

I was in the Main Stand that day too. Lots of Hibbies were. we used to get the Gorgie end of the Main Stand.

ginger_rice
27-04-2012, 09:02 PM
I was in the Main Stand that day too. Lots of Hibbies were. we used to get the Gorgie end of the Main Stand.

I was in there the day John O'Neil equalised in the last minute, reckon I was the only hibbie in there......it took a hell of a lot for me to sit quiet I'll tell you, especially in the poisonous atmosphere

Iggy Pope
27-04-2012, 09:08 PM
I was in there the day John O'Neil equalised in the last minute, reckon I was the only hibbie in there......it took a hell of a lot for me to sit quiet I'll tell you, especially in the poisonous atmosphere

ONLY ONE SAUZEE!!!!!!!! By that time though they had built the pink shelters. The Hunter game we still got a section of the Main Stand.Just as they did at ER with the old South Stand.

Lungo--Drom
27-04-2012, 09:11 PM
:agree: Totally agree. Shudder to even imagine being anywhere near the Gorgie mono brows nevermind in amongst their unwashed maroon-ness, yeuk!

The Harp
27-04-2012, 10:40 PM

I was in their old centre stand the night Joe McBride (jun) scored two goals in the last six minutes to give us a draw. I had treated an old Jambo (my late wife's pal's dad) to a centre stand seat for the previous derby at ER and this was him returning the compliment by getting us tickets for this game. Can remember some heated exchanges with the 'natives' round about me - their stand was a dump then, and that was over 25 years ago.

Sir David Gray
27-04-2012, 10:48 PM

There's no danger I could spend 90 minutes in the Hearts end on the 19th May.

It's going to be hard enough to keep it together whilst sitting in the Hibs end so sitting in their end, regardless of how the game ends up, would just be torture.

Ringothedog
27-04-2012, 10:57 PM
If I cant get a ticket for our end, I will speak to my contact who works at the PBS to get a ticket for their end. He is a hibby as well so at least 2 in their end probably lots more :wink:

Hibs90
27-04-2012, 11:01 PM
I hope any **** found in the Hibs end gets the living **** kicked out of them.

basehibby
28-04-2012, 12:51 AM
I've been in the "wrong end" at a derby at both ER and Tynie - both times through some Yam mates who had a spare ticket going.

We got beat 1-0 at Tynie and I got spotted as a Hibee due to my total lack of any celebration whatsoever when they scored and everyone around me was going mental - not that I got any real bother off anyone, just a bit of gentle ribbing.

Somehow a couple of years later I was persuaded once again to take up a spare ticket - this time at ER and it was different in every way. We won 2-1 (Eddie May winner IIRC) and it took all my powers of self control not to go absolutely mental as each Hibs goal went in - there were some right ****my bams crammed in around us giving it all the "Fenian basturds" and foaming at the mouth, leaving me in little doubt that being exposed would prove injurious to my health - twas a great joy to witness their humptiness at getting gubbed at close quarters though and it remains one of my favourite derby memories for that. Watching a full home end of Hibbys going absolutely bananas while surrounded by several thousand glum Yams may sound a weird way of enjoying your saturday afternoon but let me tell you it was a glorious sight and inside I was wearing a smile as wide as the Firth of Forth :greengrin

Would I do it again at Hamden??? No chance! The game is simply too massive and I just can't envisage me watching Hibs score without going ballistic with joy - as well as which in the event of the unthinkable, I could not dream up a nastier version of hell than being "marooned" among that lot to witness it - so big NO from me :tsk tsk:

heretoday
28-04-2012, 02:13 AM
I am the master of understatement at the best of times but even I - yea even I - would not give a cat in hell's chance to anyone of the Tynecastle persuasion surviving beyond half-time at the East end of the national stadium on 19 May.

Tell her to (expletive deleted)

Pete
28-04-2012, 02:30 AM
Jambos in our end is always going to happen and having a public sale will leave us wide open (I don't care what anyone says, there will definitely be one).

Some of them are arrogant enough to think that we are going to have a huge public sale which will enable all their fans to swamp our end. The result will be that their end will be filled with 22000 "real fans" and our end will be infiltrated that much that it will make a difference.

The reality will be something quite different. A lot of their "plus ones" will go to tourists on a day out. Both ends will be full, both ends will have a similar amount of tourists and both will have infiltrators.

But no. They've told themselves that they are so much bigger than we are so many times that they actually believe it. They honestly think that demand for their tickets heavily outweighs ours and all they have to do is wait for us to hand back tickets because we have no fans. Try telling them the truth, that we have a similar amount of fans and they will laugh. Maybe it's because we have been poor recently and been on the end of bad results from teams financed by credit cards that our attendances haven't been great.

When it comes to demand for this game and sleeping fan base, we are just as grand as they are and let nobody say any different.

If I find a Jambo next to me I'll ruffle his hair, smack his bum and tell him to enjoy the party! This is will be our day and our celebration so if they're in our end they may as well make the most of it!
:flag:

Scooter
28-04-2012, 05:31 AM

Club staff are given tickets. So if they r giving her one of his tickets he/she is doing nothing wrong

jodjam
28-04-2012, 05:43 AM
My partner, a jambo ( i know it's shameful :wink:) says she wants my +1. Told her it's just not happening.

Pete
28-04-2012, 05:53 AM
Club staff are given tickets. So if they r giving her one of his tickets he/she is doing nothing wrong

Tickets for the hibs end are for hibs fans only, not hearts fans. This shouldn't have to be explained to anyone, never mind a member of staff who is at the heart of distribution.

If one of them knowingly gives one of their tickets to a hearts fan they should be sacked instantly.

Zondervan
28-04-2012, 06:23 AM
Jambos in our end is always going to happen and having a public sale will leave us wide open (I don't care what anyone says, there will definitely be one).

I agree that there is likely to be a "public" sale. However, it will be restricted to those on our club database with an existing Client Reference number. This is what happens for Category A games at the moment.

No danger will random Hearts fans be able to get their hands on tickets via official Club sources, unless they are already on our database.

Craig_in_Prague
28-04-2012, 09:55 AM

Was in centre amongst yams though.

DH1875
28-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Tickets for the hibs end are for hibs fans only, not hearts fans. This shouldn't have to be explained to anyone, never mind a member of staff who is at the heart of distribution.

If one of them knowingly gives one of their tickets to a hearts fan they should be sacked instantly.

Some of the staff that work in there are Hearts fans though :jamboak:and the club are giving them the chance to grab 3 tickets. I'm also hearing there will be a few Celtic fans in our end :grr:.

Dashing Bob S
28-04-2012, 04:12 PM

Some of them are arrogant enough to think that we are going to have a huge public sale which will enable all their fans to swamp our end. The result will be that their end will be filled with 22000 "real fans" and our end will be infiltrated that much that it will make a difference.

The reality will be something quite different. A lot of their "plus ones" will go to tourists on a day out. Both ends will be full, both ends will have a similar amount of tourists and both will have infiltrators.

But no. They've told themselves that they are so much bigger than we are so many times that they actually believe it. They honestly think that demand for their tickets heavily outweighs ours and all they have to do is wait for us to hand back tickets because we have no fans. Try telling them the truth, that we have a similar amount of fans and they will laugh. Maybe it's because we have been poor recently and been on the end of bad results from teams financed by credit cards that our attendances haven't been great.

When it comes to demand for this game and sleeping fan base, we are just as grand as they are and let nobody say any different.

If I find a Jambo next to me I'll ruffle his hair, smack his bum and tell him to enjoy the party! This is will be our day and our celebration so if they're in our end they may as well make the most of it!

I'm sure some of those deluded muppets on Kickback are still spouting that nonsense, but most Jambos I've spoken to have had a strange outbreak of humility (they are crapping their breeks) and agree that both teams could easily sell out Hampden alone.

Yes, there will be a few on both sides, for family/friend reasons, who find themselves in the wrong end, but no Hibby or Jambo worth their salt wants to be in the opposition end, particularly for this game.

Through convoluted circumstances, which I won't go into here, six of us, all Hibs fans, had tickets for the Celtic end in our last Scottish Cup final. It was not a great experience, but just about tolerable (though it would have been a different story had Hibs been winning/won), but against Hearts - no way. Only a nominal fan who doesn't really care that much would stand in the away end for that game. I'd rather watch us win (or lose) on TV than do it surrounded by Yams.

Littlest Hobo
28-04-2012, 04:16 PM

I was in the old main stand too that day but with the Hibs fans in the lower section allocated to us. One of a very few good days out at the PBS.

Littlest Hobo
28-04-2012, 04:20 PM

I was sat directly behind the goal that day, what a relief it was to get an equaliser. I couldn't see it coming but when it did we went ****ing mental:greengrin :flag::flag:

Littlest Hobo
28-04-2012, 04:23 PM
There will be no huge infiltration of "THE BIG TEAMS" supporters in our end. Not a chance, I know so many lapsed Hibees desperate to get their hands on tickets and can't, even though their on the data base, their still going to struggle to get a ticket unless they can blag one from a ST holder. Let the Jambos dream on, the sad part is that some of them actuially believe this to be true.

Sean1875
28-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Some of the staff that work in there are Hearts fans though :jamboak:and the club are giving them the chance to grab 3 tickets. I'm also hearing there will be a few Celtic fans in our end :grr:.

Why? :confused:

DH1875
28-04-2012, 07:16 PM

I have just been told the same by an impeccable source, who I will not name so the person does not get into trouble.

Well we know that's not strictly true. There's gonna be at least 200 up for grabs :panic:.

Why? :confused:

Absolutely NO idea. My uncle runs one of the biggest Celtic supporters clubs/buses through here and has said he knows a man who knows a man type thing and they have got 3 tickets. Said they are trying to get more and I was gonna have a word but I'm waiting to see if he can get me one first. I also got a mate who's a rangers fan and his dad has a ticket. It's in the posh seats though so don't know if it's our end or not.

Weir7
28-04-2012, 07:26 PM

Relax. they are never interested in going toe to toe
With the miighty cabbage. If any the gorgie tramps are in our end. Ud think hospital awaits them.

fatbloke
28-04-2012, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE=DH1875;3200409]Well we know that's not strictly true. There's gonna be at least 200 up for grabs :panic:.

Was hoping at least 2000 would be available myself.

hibsbollah
28-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Sit in the wrong end on THE cup final day?

I'd rather stick a rusty hat pin in my japs eye and have a nice lemon juice bath afterwards.

Jones28
28-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Love reading some of the utter pish that is being spouted on JKB :aok:

One of them saying that we will have a 14000 general sale?! Right then, do your research before you go mouthing off eh?

I sincerely hope one of them is sitting an arms length or so away from me :cb

Green Cabbage 7
28-04-2012, 08:28 PM
What really gets me about this is they only took 12000 to the semi, and handed all theres back to celtic! where as we sold around 15000 so maybe there allocation should be cut! 60/40 split in hibs favour I certainly think we will need the extra tickets! I mean remember league chip final when we took 40000 well the is the scottish cup and demand will be doubled!

HibbyAndy
28-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Love reading some of the utter pish that is being spouted on JKB :aok:

One of them saying that we will have a 14000 general sale?! Right then, do your research before you go mouthing off eh?

I sincerely hope one of them is sitting an arms length or so away from me :cb

That will be why we took more hibs fans to Hampden than they did ?...Big team my erse.

ronaldo7
28-04-2012, 08:45 PM
I know of 3 Hibs fans who will be in their end on cup final day.:wink:

weecounty hibby
28-04-2012, 09:38 PM
I predict that there will be jambos in our end and hibbies in their end . In the end of the dau only the hibbies will be happy wherever they are. GGTTH

Sir David Gray
28-04-2012, 09:40 PM
I predict that there will be jambos in our end and hibbies in their end . In the end of the dau only the hibbies will be happy wherever they are. GGTTH

If that is the case, couldn't the two clubs offer an amnesty for a couple of days for all those fans who have tickets for the opposite end to meet up publicly and to swap their tickets over for the "proper" end?

Black Kyle
29-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Knowing my luck i'd probably bump into some yam fud that new me.

And you know plenty from the old days were we met folk from Manor Hertz after our away games.

Dashing Bob S
29-04-2012, 01:21 PM
I know of 3 Hibs fans who will be in their end on cup final day.:wink:

Why would they want to sit in the Hearts end?

Keith_M
29-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Jambos in hibs end for final

I would like to wish them all a speedy recovery.

ronaldo7
29-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Why would they want to sit in the Hearts end?

Free tickets.

stuart01
29-04-2012, 03:36 PM

Got me thinking, if faced with having to sit in the wrong end for this game or not go at all what would you do? I'd never go in their end in a million years for any game never mind this one. Could not bear it or keep my cover when we scored/conceded goals.

Exactly, no Hibby would give a spare ticket to that ****.......

Hibernia Na Eir
29-04-2012, 03:38 PM
there's a chance there could be greens in their end ;)

29-04-2012, 03:49 PM
If it was the other way around I'd never take a ticket for the Hearts end. Couldn't take being in that end - imagine having to keep quiet if we scored, and not being able to celebrate if we won. Win or lose, I'd rather be around fellow Hibs fans than surrounded by that lot.

Totally agree. Not to mention the fact that you would prob catch something off those inbred tramps!

No thanks, i would rather stay at home than be in amongst that mob!

Littlest Hobo
29-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Anyone else bored seeing this on the front page a few weeks before the big game. GITF:cb

HibsMax
29-04-2012, 04:01 PM
I think it sounds like pish. I have a friend who has a contact in the Hibs ticket office and when I asked him about getting me a ticket he said he couldn't. So if a Hibs fan with a contact in the ticket office can't get a ticket, what chance does a a Jambo have?