PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Hibees, where are all the Yams?

Hibernia&Alba
26-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Now I thought that after the semi-finals they would all be getting .net sign-ins and coming on here to give it big licks about 'big club', 'derby record' and the like. But no, not a peep. Either the admins on here can spot a Yam from half a mile or they are nervous and are keeping away. :wink:

Are they avoiding us? I think they are much more worried than we are :thumbsup:

Hibercelona
26-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Now I thought that after the semi-finals they would all be getting .net sign-ins and coming on here to give it big licks about 'big club', 'derby record' and the like. But no, not a peep. Either the admins on here can spot a Yam from half a mile or they are nervous and are keeping away. :wink:

Having spoken to a fair few, they don't seem like their (un)usual over confident/arrogant selves.

They are sh0iting it and so they should be. :agree:

frazeHFC
26-04-2012, 10:44 PM
I don't think it would be hard to spot them a mile away. Or smell for that matter. :agree:

Hibernia&Alba
26-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Keeping their ugly heads down and hoping for the best. You just watch them suddenly find their voice if they do win it, and come crawling out of the woodwork. It's easy to be cocky in victory.

Yambo is worried

Sean1875
26-04-2012, 11:19 PM
They're bricking it and for good reason to. Its our year. :na na:

jgl07
26-04-2012, 11:48 PM
They're bricking it and for good reason to. Its our year. :na na:

Hearts have far more to lose than Hibs.

A Hearts win will be treated as routine. A Hibs win on the other hand will wreck both planks of the Hearts supporters attack on Hibs. These are 110 years without a Scottish Cup Cup win and Hearts dominance over Hibs. Both will be totally smashed by a Hibs win.

They are the ones who are worried.

Pete
27-04-2012, 03:26 AM
Hearts have far more to lose than Hibs.

A Hearts win will be treated as routine. A Hibs win on the other hand will wreck both planks of the Hearts supporters attack on Hibs. These are 110 years without a Scottish Cup Cup win and Hearts dominance over Hibs. Both will be totally smashed by a Hibs win.

They are the ones who are worried.

It is just sinking in for them and they are either falling silent or displaying over-the-top arrogance. Some of them honestly don't think we'll sell out and will hand sections of the ground to them. There have even been some of their fans suggesting that a hearts win would "finish hibs as a club". Staggering arrogance even from them and I think it's part of a process of acceptance.

A loss for us would hurt but a loss for them would be more than that...it would shake them to their core and actually destroy part of their identity.

We have a colorful past and interesting history. We also have a strong sense of identity and are proud of it in every way. Inclusion, vibrancy, unpredictability and extreme passion are all part of our fabric.

Their identity is somewhat less exciting. The unfashionable establishment club with links to rigid institutions and structures. We don't like them but they absolutely hate us because of who we are and have made this part of their fabric to make up for a lack an interesting, meaningful identity. They're that lost they are turning more and more to sectarianism to try and find some cause to belong to. They think that it's loosely linked with their club so what the hell...and it gives us another weapon to use against hibs.

Our Scottish cup hoodoo has become such a part of their club that defeat would be an absolute hammer blow. This 110 years thing would go and even though they will still have an overall better derby record, our cup win would be the one thing we can turn to that silences them. We would have won four major trophies in the last 40 years compared to their two so I think we would have the right to use the phrase "always in our shadow"...but even if we had won 14 to their 2 that's not our style.

Even if they win 8-0 I'll still be glad I'm a hibee. We're not based on twisted hatred for a rival and wee-man syndrome one-upmanship because we know who we are.

They won't win though and they're in for a shock...and they're just beginning to realise that we won't be stopped!

7 Hills
27-04-2012, 03:45 AM
This is when their luck runs out.

Pete
27-04-2012, 03:53 AM
This is when their luck runs out.

Artificially funded luck at that!

Our fans, our team and our club will not be stopped on the 19th!:flag:

Hermit Crab
27-04-2012, 03:59 AM

Checkout this. http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/110698-Pessimism-Optimism-19th-May-2102

Hermit Crab
27-04-2012, 04:01 AM
And this....... http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/110719-WHEN-we-lift-the-Scottish-cup

Pete
27-04-2012, 04:28 AM
And this....... http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/110719-WHEN-we-lift-the-Scottish-cup

they're going on about having a "better support" and "fear in our eyes"!!

They're tying themselves in knots.

Hermit Crab
27-04-2012, 05:34 AM
they're going on about having a "better support" and "fear in our eyes"!!

They're tying themselves in knots.

Let them bang out about how they are going to pump us and how they are better than us in every way, I couldn't give a **** what they think to be honest.

Barney McGrew
27-04-2012, 05:44 AM
The fear is growing within them by the day. They know that all the pressure is on them and we've nothing to lose and everything to gain. They've every right to be worried, because a Hibs win would see their whole world come crashing down around them.

Do they even have any songs that don't mention 1902 or how we can't win the cup? They'd have nothing left to sing ever again.

It's beginning to dawn on them the consequences of being the ones that finally folded to let us burst the hoodoo. After all their bravado, it could happen on their watch :wink:

IWasThere2016
27-04-2012, 05:57 AM
They're bricking it - no doubt! Their confidence is draining by the day ..

This is ours! GGTTH :thumbsup:

down-the-slope
27-04-2012, 06:27 AM
'You let IT happen on your watch'

thats the T-shirt I want done if we do the unthinkable....with a nice wee graphic of course...any photo shop experts :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2012, 06:52 AM
I'm outnumbered by Yams where I work. But the silence is deafening.

They are bricking it !!!

There is no doubt that defeat on the 19th will have a huge affect on us, possibly leading to a root and branch change of direction at ER and it will take us as a support time to recover from it .... frankly I think we'll find out who the real Hibbies are in the aftermath.

Defeat for them on the 19th will be nothing less than catastrophic .... As peterdouglas said, a huge part of their identity is their destain for Hibs. They really do think that we are a side issue in Edinburgh and nothing less than an irritant stopping them from being the huge club they think they are .... hence their out of proportion hatred for us.

This is the game the Yams always wanted. In their eyes a chance to finally once and for all ( as they see it ) put Hibs in their place. Aye, that might happen .. on paper that should happen .... But all of a sudden its dawned on them .... What if it doesnt :confused:

:flag:

bawheid
27-04-2012, 07:25 AM
Totally crapping themselves, to a man. Not heard one peep out of any of my merrick colleagues since semi-final weekend.

Hearts are going to have to sit and watch while Hibs lift the Scottish Cup.

Ooft. That's gonna hurt.

Craig_in_Prague
27-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Must be peak windae licking season perhaps.

Won't just be squeaky bum time for them, but all those buses going through to Glasgow, there will be a LOT of squeaky windows.

they HATE us so much; that this one match, this single 90 minutes, will utterly destroy every single yam, in fact I reckon a few might top themselves (do it quietly please).

GGTTH