PDA

View Full Version : Steven Fletcher

YehButNoBut
26-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Fletch just been on Twitter see below, if only we still had him, we would deffo win it.

Wonder how many other ex players will be there rooting for the Hibees, Scott Brown, Steven Whittaker, Kevin Thomson, David Murphy, Rob Jones etc

steven fletcher‏@stevenfletch10
Hibs fans asking me if I'm goin to the cup final..of course I'm goin to watch the super hibees lift the cup #onceahibeealwaysahibee (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search/%23onceahibeealwaysahibee) #winning (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search/%23winning)

Pretty Boy
26-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Rob Jones said in the paper the other day he hopes to be there.

I'd imagine Deek will be there.

zlatan
26-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Better not jump in front of me in the queue at the public sale.

Andy74
26-04-2012, 04:45 PM
I hope they are all buying season tickets then. :greengrin

Mikey
26-04-2012, 04:49 PM
They'll have pals who can get tickets for them easily enough. Gaz, Ivan, Lewis.........

silverhibee
26-04-2012, 04:59 PM

:agree:

silverhibee
26-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Better not jump in front of me in the queue at the public sale.

I think they just get in touch with the club as ex players and ask for tickets for the game, obviously they pay for them. :aok:

Billy Whizz
26-04-2012, 05:06 PM
They'll have pals who can get tickets for them easily enough. Gaz, Ivan, Lewis.........

And Fletch's team mate at Wolves, Matt Docherty is on loan at Hibs

zlatan
26-04-2012, 05:10 PM
I think they just get in touch with the club as ex players and ask for tickets for the game, obviously they pay for them. :aok:

*puts on Finnish accent and picks up the phone*

nonshinyfinish
26-04-2012, 05:14 PM

"For the last time Jarkko, if you want to go then you'll have to buy a season ticket."

Winston Ingram
26-04-2012, 05:15 PM

Same wi Deano:agree:

bingo70
26-04-2012, 05:15 PM
I've heard Scott Brown will be there in the hibs end

zlatan
26-04-2012, 05:17 PM
"For the last time Jarkko, if you want to go then you'll have to buy a season ticket."

But jheesh ish not fair, even Rab Shannon got two tickeetsh.

sesoim
26-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Fletch just been on Twitter see below, if only we still had him, we would deffo win it.

Wonder how many other ex players will be there rooting for the Hibees, Scott Brown, Steven Whittaker, Kevin Thomson, David Murphy, Rob Jones etc

steven fletcher‏@stevenfletch10
Hibs fans asking me if I'm goin to the cup final..of course I'm goin to watch the super hibees lift the cup #onceahibeealwaysahibee (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search/%23onceahibeealwaysahibee) #winning (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search/%23winning)

Good on Fletcher for that. I think he has an interesting summer ahead what with a few teams showing an interest in him.

silverhibee
26-04-2012, 05:24 PM

:thumbsup:

Captain Trips
26-04-2012, 05:27 PM

Think I try this and say I am Rob Jones, try and scam a ticket.

Jones attempt (http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbnid=SvmWPQB4CMTVeM:&imgrefurl=http://www.andyclay.co.uk/walkabout-juggling.html&docid=2_BNgtpo9Di5IM&imgurl=http://www.andyclay.co.uk/andy-stilts-walking1.jpg&w=760&h=1063&ei=FIWZT6uNDoKs8QOGyqi3Bg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=511&sig=115884994809053373281&page=1&tbnh=127&tbnw=92&start=0&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:19,s:0,i:173&tx=62&ty=70&biw=1024&bih=673)

Hibercelona
26-04-2012, 05:37 PM
I'll try a John Hughes.........

On second thoughit, miby no. :greengrin

.Sean.
26-04-2012, 05:47 PM
I think it speaks volumes that ex-players always seem to hold the club in such a high regard! :agree:

Fletcher, Shiels and Riordan I can understand, but Scott Brown in the Hibs end... Surely not?

Hibercelona
26-04-2012, 05:52 PM
I think it speaks volumes that ex-players always seem to hold the club in such a high regard! :agree:

Fletcher, Shiels and Riordan I can understand, but Scott Brown in the Hibs end... Surely not?

Why not?

He isn't exactly going to sit in with the mutants.

HibbyAndy
26-04-2012, 06:06 PM
My nephew who plays for Hibs under 12's has been given 2 tickets so id imagine all the playing staff have been givin the same.

silverhibee
26-04-2012, 06:23 PM
My nephew who plays for Hibs under 12's has been given 2 tickets so id imagine all the playing staff have been givin the same.

Seemingly the club have kept back just under a 1000 tickets for players and staff.

Squad players from 1st team got more than 2 tickets. :cb

HibbyAndy
26-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Seemingly the club have kept back just under a 1000 tickets for players and staff.

Spoke to SOH the other day ( They are having another kid BTW:greengrin)..And he says his mum and dad and 2 close family members are going.

Sean1875
26-04-2012, 06:31 PM

Daft question probably but when the club say theyve been given a ticket allocation of 20000, i take it this isnt including those tickets given to players and staff?

HibbyAndy
26-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Daft question probably but when the club say theyve been given a ticket allocation of 20000, i take it this isnt including those tickets given to players and staff?

No.

Sean1875
26-04-2012, 06:39 PM
No.

Happy days :aok:

JIm
26-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Every kid within the academy will be allocated 1/2 tickets. Whether they take them is obviously up to them. Nice gesture from the club.

SquashedFrogg
26-04-2012, 06:43 PM
I've also heard Brian Kerr will be attending the final but won't be seen... :cb

SquashedFrogg
26-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Every kid within the academy will be allocated 1/2 tickets. Whether they take them is obviously up to them. Nice gesture from the club.

Not much point in getting half a ticket for the match?? Is it for the first half or second half?

JIm
26-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Not much point in getting half a ticket for the match?? Is it for the first half or second half?

second.:aok:

Rivers Cuomo
26-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Fletcher is a legend!

cam75
26-04-2012, 06:57 PM

I have seen Scott a few times at easter rd in the west he still has the hibs bug shame we Could not match the level he wants to play at!

The Green Goblin
26-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Maybe we could loan sign him for one game??!! Good on him though.

Mon Dieu4
26-04-2012, 06:59 PM
I have seen Scott a few times at easter rd in the west he still has the hibs bug shame we Could not match the level he wants to play at!

You mean the money he wanted, because he is still playing the same teams week in week out

silverhibee
26-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Spoke to SOH the other day ( They are having another kid BTW:greengrin)..And he says his mum and dad and 2 close family members are going.

Think the way it works Andy is the players get four tickets for nothing, they would be for family in the hospitality in the best seats in the house, they are then allowed to purchase x amount of tickets for the game for other family members and friends for any part of the ground. :aok:

silverhibee
26-04-2012, 07:10 PM

I would say that the players that buy tickets will be part of the allocation that Hibs get.

cam75
26-04-2012, 07:25 PM
You mean the money he wanted, because he is still playing the same teams week in week out

Aye money,leauge and cup medals,Europe every season,Now is the time for hibs to invest with rangers about to turn off the lights.

lapsedhibee
26-04-2012, 07:31 PM

That would be ludicrous to sell tickets for just the first half or second half of the match, ludicrous. No, if demand exceeds supply it would be fairer to issue tickets for the whole match, but just half the pitch.

thebakerboy
26-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Understand youth players getting a free ticket as long as they are accompanied by a paying adult , bit of a problem for a friend of mines brother as him and his son are rabid Jambo's and the laddie is training with the Hibees.

HibbyAndy
26-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Understand youth players getting a free ticket as long as they are accompanied by a paying adult , bit of a problem for a friend of mines brother as him and his son are rabid Jambo's and the laddie is training with the Hibees.

Ill go one better and say my nephew is the son of an ex scottish cup winning hearts player, Just aswell his mammy is a die hard Hibee:wink:

Billy Whizz
26-04-2012, 07:40 PM

I would have thought that 20,000 would include the tickets ordered by players, as Hearts were given the same number?

jgl07
26-04-2012, 07:40 PM

I suspect that Rob Jones hopes he will not be there.

Sheffield Wednesday could be at Wembley for the League One play-off final that day.

lyonhibs
26-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Ill go one better and say my nephew is the son of an ex scottish cup winning hearts player, Just aswell his mammy is a die hard Hibee:wink:

So your sister married a Hearts player???

And you allowed this to happen?? :bitchy::bitchy:

JIm
26-04-2012, 07:44 PM
I would have thought that 20,000 would include the tickets ordered by players, as Hearts were given the same number?

Not the case. The club were allocated just under 21,000. i.e they have kept nearly 1000 tickets back for players, staff, youth team etc.

HibbyAndy
26-04-2012, 07:44 PM
So your sister married a Hearts player???

And you allowed this to happen?? :bitchy::bitchy:

Unfortunately:agree:

Tho her 3 boys are all staunch Hibs fans.FACT:thumbsup:

Winston Ingram
26-04-2012, 08:11 PM

Sheffield Wednesday could be at Wembley for the League One play-off final that day.

I reckon he hopes he's not as I'm sure he'd prefer automatic promotion. Anyway, League 1 playoff is the Sunday:wink:

silverhibee
26-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Unfortunately:agree:

Tho her 3 boys are all staunch Hibs fans.FACT:thumbsup:

Proof needed. :thumbsup:

madabouthibs
26-04-2012, 08:33 PM
I'll try a John Hughes.........

On second thoughit, miby no. :greengrin

Ticket office staff will ken whit's goan oan...... :greengrin

Mibbes Aye
26-04-2012, 08:36 PM
That would be ludicrous to sell tickets for just the first half or second half of the match, ludicrous. No, if demand exceeds supply it would be fairer to issue tickets for the whole match, but just half the pitch.

But what's the likelihood of common sense prevailing :rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
26-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Proof needed. :thumbsup:

Silver i can guarentee you the 3 boys all have there names on the back of there Hibs tops and will be present on cup final day:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have nae proof but anyone that kens ma sister kens she's the man of the hoose :hilarious

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

:hibees

3pm
26-04-2012, 09:09 PM

Do you talk to him?! The things you need to do for family eh?!!

silverhibee
26-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Silver i can guarentee you the 3 boys all have there names on the back of there Hibs tops and will be present on cup final day:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have nae proof but anyone that kens ma sister kens she's the man of the hoose :hilarious

Never doubted you Andy, hope you and the boys have a great day out at Hampden. :aok:

HibbyAndy
26-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Never doubted you Andy, hope you and the boys have a great day out at Hampden. :aok:

Also you and your family mate:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lets bring this cup home!!!:agree:

silverhibee
26-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Also you and your family mate:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lets bring this cup home!!!:agree:

This Is our year Andy.

:pfgwa :pfgwa :pfgwa :flag: :flag: :flag: :hibees

HibbyAndy
26-04-2012, 09:39 PM
This Is our year Andy.

:pfgwa :pfgwa :pfgwa :flag: :flag: :hibees

What id give :pray:

:hibees:hibees:hibees

HH81
27-04-2012, 06:16 AM

They can still get 2nd if they win their remaining 2 games and hope Sheffield united drop points.

The Falcon
27-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Aye money,leauge and cup medals,Europe every season,Now is the time for hibs to invest with rangers about to turn off the lights.

Cos that works well? Right?

happiehibbie
27-04-2012, 07:13 AM

He has tickets as he has got one for guy who works for me

soupy
27-04-2012, 07:25 AM

Haha, Andy is this where you want me to step in, lol...

HibbyAndy
27-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Haha, Andy is this where you want me to step in, lol...

Aye Cha you can verify me mate:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:pfgwa:pfgwa

:flag::flag::flag:

jacomo
27-04-2012, 09:37 AM

But what's the likelihood of common sense prevailing :rolleyes:

Here's hoping. If this does go ahead, best advice is to get a seat next to someone who's got a ticket for the other half of the pitch, so they can tell you about the action they can see and vice versa.

Brebners Bookie
27-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Good on Fletcher for that. I think he has an interesting summer ahead what with a few teams showing an interest in him.

Hope so, far too good for the championship.

pentlando
27-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Hope so, far too good for the championship.

Getting a bit of a reputation for ending up there unfortunately. Hopefully if he gets a move this summer it's to an established EPL team. Can't help thinking is all round game will appeal massively to Stoke, who I imagine will have a decent transfer kitty this summer thanks to their European run.

Brebners Bookie
27-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Getting a bit of a reputation for ending up there unfortunately. Hopefully if he gets a move this summer it's to an established EPL team. Can't help thinking is all round game will appeal massively to Stoke, who I imagine will have a decent transfer kitty this summer thanks to their European run.

Was thinking stoke too. Better than that huddy Jerome that they blew 5million on.

He would be a great player for any mid-table prem team.

hibsbollah
27-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Ive enjoyed reading players and ex-players' tweets recently, some of them obviously really care about doing well for the club and dont come across like billybigbaws© at all.

Irvine Welsh has tweeted that he would have taken a #2 best seller (his new book is #1) for a Hibs Scottish Cup win. Aww.

David Stephens (remember him?) Came out with a fascinating bit of insight today. He went out wearing a tshirt this afternoon, and he was a bit cold because it was windier than yesterday.

:tumble:

The Pullitzers in the post,Dave.

HibeeN
27-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Nice to see Fletch still wishing us well - hope he gets a decent move in the transfer window! Pity we can't borrow him for one last game! :greengrin

Iggy Pope
27-04-2012, 09:22 PM

Fulham maybe? Would like to see Moyes take a gamble on him for Everton.

Jonnyboy
27-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Fulham maybe? Would like to see Moyes take a gamble on him for Everton.

My money is on him joining Sunderland :wink:

Iggy Pope
27-04-2012, 09:31 PM

Surely would not be a bad move.

On the subject of ex players had the good fortune of bumping into Jimmy O'Rouke tonight and he's not going. giving his allocation to his grandchildren I think. he blames painful memories of 1958....can tell he still has the passion though. Amazing how you still feel like a wee laddie when you meet these Gods..........

Jonnyboy
27-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Surely would not be a bad move.

On the subject of ex players had the good fortune of bumping into Jimmy O'Rouke tonight and he's not going. giving his allocation to his grandchildren I think. he blames painful memories of 1958....can tell he still has the passion though. Amazing how you still feel like a wee laddie when you meet these Gods..........

I agree 100% :agree:

How's Jimmy keeping health wise? I'd heard he'd not been too well of late

Iggy Pope
27-04-2012, 09:42 PM
I agree 100% :agree:

How's Jimmy keeping health wise? I'd heard he'd not been too well of late

He had been to a wedding at the Quayside and was in pretty good fettle. He was on the pints and I would say he was looking pretty fit.

Jonnyboy
27-04-2012, 09:44 PM
He had been to a wedding at the Quayside and was in pretty good fettle. He was on the pints and I would say he was looking pretty fit.

Superb :thumbsup:

I loved Jimmy as a player and always felt he was under-rated by many, which was unfair because he was hugely talented and Hibs daft into the bargain

His song

Jimmy, Jimmy O'Rourke
Everyone knows his name

That was in the days when each player had his own song :greengrin

Iggy Pope
27-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Superb :thumbsup:

I loved Jimmy as a player and always felt he was under-rated by many, which was unfair because he was hugely talented and Hibs daft into the bargain

His song

Jimmy, Jimmy O'Rourke
Everye knows his name

I met him in the Kings Manor and it was all I could do to stop myself giving him a wee rendition. Two pints on and I would have

Jonnyboy
27-04-2012, 09:55 PM
I met him in the Kings Manor and it was all I could do to stop myself giving him a wee rendition. Two pints on and I would have

:faf:

I met Jimmy at a party once and a few of the players were there. One guy started singing that song and the players all joined in!! Jimmy had a right beamer :greengrin

ThirdManRun
27-04-2012, 10:28 PM

Is he? From where? You are aware he's never actually played in that league in his life? Still, reputations eh? And he's all left foot by the way...

silverhibee
27-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Is he? From where? You are aware he's never actually played in that league in his life? Still, reputations eh? And he's all left foot by the way...

Did he not play for Burnley in that league. :confused:

ThirdManRun
27-04-2012, 11:45 PM

He did not.

hibbysam
27-04-2012, 11:47 PM

Nope joined Burnley the summer after they got promoted, one season with them and now two seasons with wolves!

ThirdManRun
27-04-2012, 11:49 PM
Nope joined Burnley the summer after they got promoted, one season with them and now one season with wolves!

Wrong - two seasons with Wolves. Honestly, I've never known a player to have so much p1sh talked about him.

Ferryhibby
28-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Heard Kevin Thomson on real radio earlier saying hes got tickets and if not involved in the playoffs that day hel be coming along too

H18sry
28-04-2012, 07:40 AM
Heard Kevin Thomson on real radio earlier saying hes got tickets and if not involved in the playoffs that day hel be coming along too

Came across really well, talked about his love for Hibs and is still a Hibs supporter despite his time along the M8.

hibbysam
28-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Wrong - two seasons with Wolves. Honestly, I've never known a player to have so much p1sh talked about him.

It was late and was edited straight away.. Just a wee slip ;)

HibeeN
28-04-2012, 08:27 AM

He recently tweeted a picture of him scoring with his right foot for the benefit of Hibs fans saying "look! you hibees have never seen this before!" :greengrin Funny man.

pentlando
28-04-2012, 10:07 AM

He has been relegated twice from the EPL in the 3 seasons he's played there. He hasn't played in the Championship because Wolves bought him from Burnley after relegation. Not through any fault of his own, was merely pointing out that hopefully he'll find himself a club that won't be involved in a relegation scrap this season.

frazeHFC
28-04-2012, 10:48 AM

No but he has been relegated with 2 teams in the short time he has been in England. Nobody is having a go at him in this thread, so stop trying to create an arguement in what has been a good thread to read.....

Good to hear of all the players coming to the game. Mon the Hibees!!!

:pfgwa

TamHibs
28-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Fletcher may have been relegated twice in 3 years but that's more to do with the lack of quality around him.

He has proven that in those 2 teams with limited service that he can score goals.

I really feel he could do a job for a top end club i.e Newcastle

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?sfmg41

silverhibee
28-04-2012, 11:03 AM

If i was a betting man, which i am not, my money would be on SF playing for Everton next season.

truehibernian
28-04-2012, 11:11 AM
If i was a betting man, which i am not, my money would be on SF playing for Everton next season.

I think it will be Merseyside SH, but I have a sneaky feeling it will be for his boyhood team the other side of Stanley Park.

Steve-O
28-04-2012, 11:49 AM

Should give his ticket to a real fan IMO.

truehibernian
28-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Should give his ticket to a real fan IMO.

He's a real fan, who also played for the club and captained it. Just as entitled to any other Hibee in my eyes. Folk don't half hold grudges against former players who moved through a variety of reasons - Steve, out of interest, and not stirring, but do you hold wee Russell in high esteem (for example) - I do, but his behaviour pre Cup Final, and during contract talks was just as unacceptable as say Kevin's ill advised and niave behaviour prior to leaving.

Move on mate.....he's a good Hibs fan.

Steve-O
28-04-2012, 12:20 PM
He's a real fan, who also played for the club and captained it. Just as entitled to any other Hibee in my eyes. Folk don't half hold grudges against former players who moved through a variety of reasons - Steve, out of interest, and not stirring, but do you hold wee Russell in high esteem (for example) - I do, but his behaviour pre Cup Final, and during contract talks was just as unacceptable as say Kevin's ill advised and niave behaviour prior to leaving.

Move on mate.....he's a good Hibs fan.

Latapy was an idiot but I don't recall him blatantly engineering his way out of the club, talking about crawling over broken glass to get down the M8, moaning about his wages cos he had to look after his mum, or slagging the club off after he left.

IMO his and Brown's antics were the start of the downward spiral that we have yet to recover from. Kevin Thomson can GTF. There are better fans out there than him that deserve a ticket.

Billy Whizz
28-04-2012, 12:30 PM
His song

Jimmy, Jimmy O'Rourke
Everyone knows his name

Would be a great song for James McPake

truehibernian
28-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Fair doos mate, I still think grudges are better left behind.

Having spoken to Russell at that time, he had two firm offers from Rangers and Celtic way before season end....yet he still kept up the pretence he would possibly stay. And his behaviour before our most important game of the season was deporable......his eyes very much turned by Dwight Yorke at that time.

Both players showed niavety in my eyes, but for me two of the best players I have seen at Easter Road. And both lovely people away from the game.

FraserHFC
28-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Fletch has just scored for Wolves, although they are now 4-1 down.

JIm
28-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Fletch has just scored for Wolves, although they are now 4-1 down.

You should try get a donation from Fletch towards displays, just tell him its for the final :wink::flag:

Onceinawhile
28-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Latapy was an idiot but I don't recall him blatantly engineering his way out of the club, talking about crawling over broken glass to get down the M8, moaning about his wages cos he had to look after his mum, or slagging the club off after he left.

IMO his and Brown's antics were the start of the downward spiral that we have yet to recover from. Kevin Thomson can GTF. There are better fans out there than him that deserve a ticket.

I would say barely training and getting in a car reeking before going the wrong way down princes street shortly before our biggest game in a long long time, was far worse than kt's ghost written column.

Steve-O
28-04-2012, 11:32 PM
I would say barely training and getting in a car reeking before going the wrong way down princes street shortly before our biggest game in a long long time, was far worse than kt's ghost written column.

It was 8 days before the final. Both were idiotic, however at least Latapy left it alone when he departed. Thomson could not lace Latapy's boots either.

Lucius Apuleius
29-04-2012, 07:29 AM
Whenever it was is immaterial. He got sacked and I still bear him a grudge as I reckon we had a big chance with him in the side and none without him. Then the biggest hypocrisy the gingerf prick signing him up again. Must be a conspiracy there somewhere.

Steve-O
29-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Whenever it was is immaterial. He got sacked and I still bear him a grudge as I reckon we had a big chance with him in the side and none without him. Then the biggest hypocrisy the gingerf prick signing him up again. Must be a conspiracy there somewhere.

Advocaat signed him, not McLeish.

Anyway, whatever he got up to is irrelevant to what I am saying about Thomson.

Lucius Apuleius
29-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Dont give a ***** about Thompson. Latapy cost us the final imo. Thought it was McLeish but shall bow to you on that.

bawheid
29-04-2012, 08:57 AM
What Thomson did was far far worse than Latapy IMO. We always knew Russel was a bit of a bombscare. I think McLeish did the wrong thing in sacking him before that final.

Ghost written or not, Thomson allowed those stories to go out in his name while he was Hibernian captain. He was and is a disgrace for that period alone, no matter how much bumming up of the Hibs support he's done since.

BoltonHibee
29-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Thomsons behaviour when he was captain, should mean he is not allowed anywhere near Easter Road or indeed any other Game involving the Hibs.

He should be wiped from the database

Danderhall Hibs
29-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Thomsons behaviour when he was captain, should mean he is not allowed anywhere near Easter Road or indeed any other Game involving the Hibs.

He should be wiped from the database

Maybe he's got a mate that's got a ST - they can give a ticket to whoever they want to go to the Final. As a reward and that. :wink:

truehibernian
29-04-2012, 09:37 AM
What Thomson did was far far worse than Latapy IMO. We always knew Russel was a bit of a bombscare. I think McLeish did the wrong thing in sacking him before that final.

Ghost written or not, Thomson allowed those stories to go out in his name while he was Hibernian captain. He was and is a disgrace for that period alone, no matter how much bumming up of the Hibs support he's done since.

Just out of interest bawheid (and not being argumentative), would you boo or not cheer Kevin if he resigned ? Just curious to know that's all.

Nid returned and seemed to win over those that cast him as Judas, as did Derek. Indeed Kenny Miller has spoken to those close to him on here that he wishes to return to ER at some point. All went west for that OF pot of gold......some, like Nid, did silly things towards the crowd.

Kevin was a young boy. At 21, I did far far worse. It's easy to judge from a distance. The lad brought in £2 million pound to the club, gave a six figure sum to the Academy as well. That for me says more than his ill advised tabloid column. The Daily Record or Jackson never did that.

1875 NO 1
29-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Just out of interest bawheid (and not being argumentative), would you boo or not cheer Kevin if he resigned ? Just curious to know that's all.

Nid returned and seemed to win over those that cast him as Judas, as did Derek. Indeed Kenny Miller has spoken to those close to him on here that he wishes to return to ER at some point. All went west for that OF pot of gold......some, like Nid, did silly things towards the crowd.

Kevin was a young boy. At 21, I did far far worse. It's easy to judge from a distance. The lad brought in £2 million pound to the club, gave a six figure sum to the Academy as well. That for me says more than his ill advised tabloid column. The Daily Record or Jackson never did that.

£200k.

Any player that pulls on the shirt gets my support.

Cropley10
29-04-2012, 06:02 PM

And there's me thinking that Broon was/is a Rangers fan? :confused;

silverhibee
29-04-2012, 11:13 PM
And there's me thinking that Broon was/is a Rangers fan? :confused;

He won't be in with the Hibs fans, he has got a hospitality table and will be up in with the suits.

KWJ
30-04-2012, 01:41 AM
It was 8 days before the final. Both were idiotic, however at least Latapy left it alone when he departed. Thomson could not lace Latapy's boots either.

There's plenty hazy memories about the Latapy incident. It wasn't 8 days before the final, it was 2 days before the derby that we drew 0-0 which was 2 weeks before the final. None of that really matters though and I don't believe the we'd have won it with him talk either. Latapy wasn't the same player for us from the turn of the year 2001. He missed a game at Aberdeen or started on the bench as he "wasn't in the right frame of mind". It'd come out that he wasn't going to sign a new contract with us and his head wasn't in it.

Agree with the Thomson Daily Record chat, especially his walk barefoot across the M8. However he was young and I think he's just about made up for with his Hibs chat since then. He wasn't the right choice for Mowbray to make captain either.