PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final victory parade fans face ground ban

H18sry
26-04-2012, 01:32 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/news/cup-final-victory-parade-fans-face-ground-ban-1-2256427 :bitchy:

pentlando
26-04-2012, 01:39 PM
How many does my Season Ticket get me? :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
26-04-2012, 01:39 PM
I wasn't sure what my opinion is on this but thankfully Mike Riley has spoken for me so I won't bother thinking now :agree:

Hibercelona
26-04-2012, 01:41 PM
If this is the case, then their wont be a single fan inside Easter Road. :rolleyes:

LancashireHibby
26-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Although I can understand the elf n safety involved in a decision like this, it seems a little extreme considering the 2007 homecoming didn't seem to have any problems? Is there an alternative of having the parade end somewhere else that wouldn't need to be ticketed - maybe Leith Links or something along those lines?

pentlando
26-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Although I can understand the elf n safety involved in a decision like this, it seems a little extreme considering the 2007 homecoming didn't seem to have any problems? Is there an alternative of having the parade end somewhere else that wouldn't need to be ticketed - maybe Leith Links or something along those lines?

Apart from the wee jakies who kept running on the pitch every time the players came out, they nearly had to abandon it IIRC.

Frazerbob
26-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Apart from the wee jakies who kept running on the pitch every time the players came out, they nearly had to abandon it IIRC.

or the hundreds of fans locked out despite the ground only being half full.

silverhibee
26-04-2012, 02:27 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/news/cup-final-victory-parade-fans-face-ground-ban-1-2256427 :bitchy:

So everyone with a cup final ticket gets in. :greengrin

LancashireHibby
26-04-2012, 02:32 PM
I wasn't there in fairness as I needed to drive straight back down south after the game but if there was anything serious in terms of admission to the ground etc then I'm sure it would have been mentioned in the EEN article or at least on here in previous parade threads? That said, I'm sure it will just be another hassle for the ticket office that they could doubtless do without, unless they just let in the first 20,000 people who arrive?

bighairyfaeleith
26-04-2012, 02:33 PM
So everyone with a cup final ticket gets in. :greengrin

aye all 24,000 of us :wink:

southern hibby
26-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Rod, Just a thought, make sure only fans with a season ticket and a £20 membership are allowed in to see the cup.You know it makes sense. Also get them to buy before 19th May. GGTTH

Spike Mandela
26-04-2012, 03:03 PM
ECC + LB Police + H&S = Killjoys

HibeeEmma
26-04-2012, 03:07 PM
All because the Gorgie lot couldn control themselves last time. Typical uncivilised behaviour from them

"It also emerged that the clubs will be responsible for planning their own parade route, from the traditional starting point at City Chambers to their respective stadiums." I opt to via Gorgie

Sir David Gray
26-04-2012, 03:08 PM

Pretty sure it actually WAS abandoned in the end, although it was nearly finished anyway.

wearethehibs
26-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Mind when pompey won the cup they put a big stage in 1 of the parks so all the fans could be there. Holyrood park maybe?

IF we win that is.

Andy74
26-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Makes sense. You could have 100,000 people on the streets with half of them also trying to get down to and into the stadium.

Sean1875
26-04-2012, 03:49 PM
ECC + LB Police + H&S = Killjoys
Tad harsh, they make my hair smell wonderful.

GreenCastle
26-04-2012, 04:02 PM
What happened after the CIS win was a farce I think.

Having been at the game then coming back to Edinburgh - the policing / stewarding around ER was shocking with many fans nearly getting crushed on the corner off ER and Albion Place.

Once inside the ground the stadium was half empty with many people still outside - did they even open the South Stand ?

Add the bams who tried to get on the pitch and I think it was a really poorly organised event.

Yes the police / council seem to be massive kill joys but I also think some sensible planning could take place and a good event organised.

The big question is what is going to happen with Princess Street since there are all the tram works going on! :rolleyes:

cwilliamson85
26-04-2012, 04:09 PM

Having been at the game then coming back to Edinburgh - the policing / stewarding around ER was shocking with many fans nearly getting crushed on the corner off ER and Albion Place.

Once inside the ground the stadium was half empty with many people still outside - did they even open the South Stand ?

Add the bams who tried to get on the pitch and I think it was a really poorly organised event.

Yes the police / council seem to be massive kill joys but I also think some sensible planning could take place and a good event organised.

The big question is what is going to happen with Princess Street since there are all the tram works going on! :rolleyes:

The South stands got opened but only after the other stands were "full". A crush happened at the doors of the south and a lot of people got hurt due to families being at the front and men pushing from the back.

lyonhibs
26-04-2012, 04:15 PM
I fail to see how else they could have managed it. There will be (if we win............) - at least - double the capacity of ER on the streets in the area immediately surrounding Easter Road/Leith Walk, not to mention the tens of thousands who will line the rest of the route and will follow the bus down to Easter Road.

As I'm sure you'll have noticed, the streets between Easter Road the street and Easter Road the stadium aren't exactly wide, obstacle free avenues.

silverhibee
26-04-2012, 04:44 PM

It just has to come along George Street instead. The only worry being that some of the players may try to get of the bus to pop in to there local club. :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
26-04-2012, 05:39 PM
2007 was a farce.

Because of a few neds running on to the park the Police / club overreacted and the players were taken off early meaning they didnt take the cup to the south end of the main stand where I was, leading to a number of upset bairns there. Not to mention the screw up outside which led to the stadium being only 2/3rds full, even though there were thousands outside.

Ending the parade at Leith Links or Holyrood park would be great. Stick a stage up and get the Proclaimers to lead the celebrations, what could be better ?

If we win of course :confused:

francobaresi
26-04-2012, 06:26 PM
All because the Gorgie lot couldn control themselves last time. Typical uncivilised behaviour from them

"It also emerged that the clubs will be responsible for planning their own parade route, from the traditional starting point at City Chambers to their respective stadiums." I opt to via Gorgie

I like your style and route arrangements are spot on :wink:

hibsbollah
26-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Mike Riley, the Dear Leader, speaks for me. I have no need for an opinion.

maturehibby
26-04-2012, 06:29 PM
I wasn't sure what my opinion is on this but thankfully Mike Riley has spoken for me so I won't bother thinking now :agree:
Why do you feel it necessary to ridicule Mike Riley all the time ?
He has my vote as a Health and Safety rep in stating that we should follow guidelines being set out for the fans safety when we lift the cup .
I will find it hard to contain myself to till the sunday but look on it this way as we can celebrate all saturday night sleep a bit and then restart the festivities .
Only drawback I can see is we wont get along Princes St as it is closed - will we have to go along George st to see them returning with the cup

essexhibee
26-04-2012, 06:38 PM
So who else is up for doing the hibees bounce down gorgie road if we win the thing? :greengrin:thumbsup::agree:

givescotlandfreedom
26-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Why do you feel it necessary to ridicule Mike Riley all the time ?
He has my vote as a Health and Safety rep in stating that we should follow guidelines being set out for the fans safety when we lift the cup .
I will find it hard to contain myself to till the sunday but look on it this way as we can celebrate all saturday night sleep a bit and then restart the festivities .
Only drawback I can see is we wont get along Princes St as it is closed - will we have to go along George st to see them returning with the cup

Are you not the nutter that phoned in on the radio demanding the players wear HARD HATS while lifting the cup?

maturehibby
26-04-2012, 06:52 PM
You are going against sensible precautions by taking this attitude
Myself and others have made it a far safer place to live and work in

givescotlandfreedom
26-04-2012, 06:54 PM

Do you want the players to wear hi-vis vests too? We could change the scoreboard at ER to count how many days we've had since an accident.

maturehibby
26-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Do you want the players to wear hi-vis vests too? We could change the scoreboard at ER to count how many days we've had since an accident.
Have been in grounds that should not have a safety certificate and whats wrong with wearing ahard hat at Ibrox parkhead and the pink bus shelter where they throw thinga at your self and safety goggles too would not go astray .
And as for having the days without an incident at ER -whats wrong with that and unfortunately it could double for the days since we won a home game too (sad)

lyonhibs
26-04-2012, 07:01 PM

So you can't see ANY potential problems that need managing of 50k + people trying to converge on Easter Road through the narrow streets that surround it??

I'm not "H&S" mad by any stretch of the imagination, but the logic behind this decision is perfectly sound. If we win, I'll be on the corner of Albion Place and Easter Road where I was for the LC in 2007.

frazeHFC
26-04-2012, 07:02 PM
So who else is up for doing the hibees bounce down gorgie road if we win the thing? :greengrin:thumbsup::agree:

:agree: :thumbsup:

I think its a good thing. After the 2007 final all the local youths came and invaded the pitch, had to wait ages to see the players.

hibsbollah
26-04-2012, 07:08 PM

If Riley wears a vest so will I.

Scouse Hibee
26-04-2012, 07:11 PM

Here, here!

Health & Safety hasn't gone mad at all. As a H&S Manager I look back at some of the practices I was involved in the 80's/90's prior to being in the industry and wonder how the hell we ever got away with it. The plain fact is we all want to enjoy the game and the celebrations in safety and remember the occasion for the right reasons! If we win the cup the precautions and procedures put in place for your safety will not dampen your celebrations one bit.

:flag: