PDA

View Full Version : How Should Petrie spend Cup Final Income?

1875HFC
26-04-2012, 11:24 AM
With 1000+ ST's sold for next season, cup final merchandise and all other income generated by being in the cup final, How does everyone suggest Mr Petrie spends this money for next season?

23 Day to go...:pfgwa

Mark79
26-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Half on players the rest on reducing debt.

Beefster
26-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Entirely on improving the squad. That's the top priority currently and, without a better squad, turnover won't improve long-term.

smurf
26-04-2012, 11:32 AM
There will be no extra money. It will only lessen the losses.

Hibercelona
26-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Half on players the rest on reducing debt.

You have to speculate to accumulate. :cb

I say they focus 100% on strengthening the squad for next season. But I don't realistically see that happening.

The_Exile
26-04-2012, 11:33 AM
A new stunt Tache and a bag of sweeties, anything else would be, quite frankly, a waste.

CropleyWasGod
26-04-2012, 11:35 AM
There are two elements here.

1. the ST income which is generated, will be set aside for new players next season.

2. the additional income generated by the Cup run will, as already said, reduce the loss for the season.

Peevemor
26-04-2012, 11:36 AM

:agree:

jonty
26-04-2012, 11:38 AM
With 1000+ ST's sold for next season, cup final merchandise and all other income generated by being in the cup final, How does everyone suggest Mr Petrie spends this money for next season?

We've already been told:
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120404/clear-heads-and-calm-nerves_2262950_2722711

The number of Season Tickets we sell will determine the squad we have for next season. We need as many Season Ticket Members as possible for next season. Every penny from Season Tickets will be spent on the playing squad. So do not hold back to 'wait and see'.

Straight from the tache's lips.

cynic :greengrin

The 'other' income from being in the final - well, we might pay off some debts, reduce the mortgage, or improve the squad.

Why not email Fife and see if he knows?

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-04-2012, 11:48 AM
An extension to the canteen at East Mains would be nice.

mglancy23
26-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Increasing capacity by filling in the corners :greengrin

Andy74
26-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Mental. It might make up a little of the shortfall from the 4 or 5,000 people who don't go every week.

Danderhall Hibs
26-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Mental. It might make up a little of the shortfall from the 4 or 5,000 people who don't go every week.

There's more than 4 or 5 thousand that don't go every week. Or is your figure based on a break even point? Either way all ST income will be spent on the squad.

Maybe all ST holder could buy 2 tickets every week? :greengrin

Beefster
26-04-2012, 11:55 AM

Extra ST money will be spent on the squad.

Weir7
26-04-2012, 11:59 AM

no. club will loose millions this seasons. that has to be paid for.

there is enough money in the fibta budget to make us competitve and the more season ticks we sell, the budget goes up. The managers don't spend the money wisely, thats the issue. And the reluctuncy to push the boat out for a special player.

Im no fan of Rod but you cant spend what you dont have

Hibee87
26-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Its already been ringfenced for paying off fenlon somtime in September, about a week before the AGM :devil:

Wembley67
26-04-2012, 12:04 PM
mcpake.

IWasThere2016
26-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Increasing capacity by filling in the corners :greengrin

A fifth stand is a must! :agree:

Niffy
26-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Its already been ringfenced for paying off fenlon somtime in September, about a week before the AGM :devil:

Like.

KeithTheHibby
26-04-2012, 12:25 PM
There are two elements here.

1. the ST income which is generated, will be set aside for new players next season.

2. the additional income generated by the Cup run will, as already said, reduce the loss for the season.

Bang on.

Not sure what our loss for the year without the cup run would have been anywhere between 1.5 and 2m.

The cup run and subsequent income shall reduce that loss for the year to 0.5 to 1m. All IMHO of course.

Lofarl
26-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Upgrade the directors box has to be our priority. Did you know that the executive bathroom does not even have marble tiles or gold taps. Sort it Petrie.

silverhibee
26-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Time to get that Helicopter pad sorted at the West/South corner, and as another poster also said, we need to fill the 3 other corners in for all the fans that will be back to watch the Hibs next season after we have won the Scottish Cup on May the 19th.

Surely if we win it the 20,000 will want to get behind the team for next season and support the team like they did in the final, maybe a few kennels as well for the dugs and cats heading to Hampden put in place at ER for the new season ahead. :woohoo:

LeithBoozy
26-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Install Sweeney Tod barbers chairs in the away-end. I volunteer to use the blade against the Hearts, its a messy job but someone has to do it !.

Keith_M
26-04-2012, 01:24 PM
A Helipad on top of the West Stand and an extension to his underground lair at East Mains.

Oh and maybe a new white cat, the current Pussy is getting on a bit.

Mikey
26-04-2012, 01:28 PM
The season ticket money will go to the manager and the other income generated will go towards the losses.

happiehibbie
26-04-2012, 02:46 PM
It has to go on the team WE have watched Sh t way to long if the season tickets have risen then the product needs to be better on the pitch and with the Huns going to go into liquidation we might finish second

Spike Mandela
26-04-2012, 02:49 PM
On a midfield.

SquashedFrogg
26-04-2012, 03:19 PM
On a midfield.

Are you serious?

The heli-pad and retractable roof are surely of higher importance? :greengrin

Bad Martini
26-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Any money we can spend on the team should be spent on the team.

Forget stands and training complexes.

Get a decent team and the stay aways will return...which in turn will then give ye far more income to repay the debts.

Debt isnt neceassarily bad. Only when out of control is it bad....

HibbyDave
26-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Take it all as redundancy money for himself?

If every penny is not spent on improving the playing staff then he should simply go. Nothing in the budget/plan/strategy about reaching cup final and extra cash that generates is a windfall that must go towards the team. His job is to manage down the debt from within the plan (his words).

Spike Mandela
26-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Why don't we donate the money to Rangers? I am sickened watching this loveable giant constantly being kicked when it is down. After all they have done for Scottish football it's the least we can do.

We luv you Ally:flag:

sesoim
26-04-2012, 05:33 PM
We lost a lot of money last season through finishing 10th, sacking and appointing managers and signing a big load of players in the transfers windows.

This season we have, well, done even worse. Throw in the fact that the crowds are dropping as well, and I reckon we would probably have lost about £1.5M this season if it wasn't for the Cup run.

So, although we WILL be signing a barrowload of players this summer, don't expect any big money signings because of the Cup run.

Dinkydoo
26-04-2012, 05:47 PM
I think we should let the man keep it for himself, maybe treat himself to a nice summer break in the Caribbean. Christ, he deserves it :devil:

NAE NOOKIE
26-04-2012, 05:54 PM
The FF and South Stands are getting old and tired and really need to be replaced IMO. Two sheds like at Ayr Utd for me, best atmosphere this season :greengrin

Oh .... and obviously because of the reduction in capacity that would cause we will need a second deck on the East and a club deck on the West.

If they are too short sighted to see that these things are required I suppose a few players and a debt reduction will have to do.

Oh .... I nearly forgot .... Spend some money on training the ( very nice ) girls in the food kiosks in the East on pie identification ... 4 times this season my steak pie has magically turned into a mince pie on the way to my seat.

ManBearPig
26-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Thought it was clear all ST money goes to the squad!

snooky
26-04-2012, 06:17 PM
I think we should let the man keep it for himself, maybe treat himself to a nice summer break in the Caribbean. Christ, he deserves it :devil:

I take it you mean on an island or on a boat in the Caribbean. :devil:
Personally I think he'll buy a gold membership at Archerfield and a new Porche.
Frig the fans. Who needs them? :cb

Irish_Steve
26-04-2012, 07:46 PM
I think the installation of a large pool full of sharks beats any attempt at reducing debt levels

jonty
26-04-2012, 08:10 PM
I think the installation of a large pool full of sharks beats any attempt at reducing debt levels

ooohhh - with a slidey retractable bridge.

an the lift in the west should have a retracting floor :agree:

woodythehibee
26-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Great opportunity to invest in the team with Rangers highly unlikely to be a force next season. The ST money will clearly be higher than expected so it should improve the playing squad. In addition, a cup win and European football could be financially adventageous depending on progress.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2