PDA

View Full Version : No Peado Songs At Hampden

erin-go-bragh87
25-04-2012, 09:06 PM
IMO the Peado songs have run their course and the last game at *********** was cringeworthy. We hardly sang one hibs song as most of them were Peado/sex offender related. I would hate for us to sing anything other than hibs songs at hampden. This is our day, let's not make it about them.

hibsbollah
25-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Agree.

joe breezy
25-04-2012, 09:09 PM
I missed the paedo songs, does the kiddy fiddler still play for them?

Bob1875
25-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Couldn't agree more, sing Hibs songs and get behind the team. These songs are rank rotten if I'm honest.

erin-go-bragh87
25-04-2012, 09:12 PM

No mate but I've been to the pink bus shelter twice this season and I can't remember any hibs songs being sung, purely that Peado Peado peadophile one over and over.

Chuck Rhoades
25-04-2012, 09:13 PM
*ALERT* song debate *ALERT*

Bob1875
25-04-2012, 09:17 PM
No mate but I've been to the pink bus shelter twice this season and I can't remember any hibs songs being sung, purely that Peado Peado peadophile one over and over.

The players must be so inspired when the hear it..

Shrekko
25-04-2012, 09:29 PM
*ALERT* song debate *ALERT*

Be interesting to see how many folk come on here hiding behind the 'aw the song police are oot' or 'political correctness gone mad' shields.

Paedo songs being sung by Hibees loudly at Hearts games and other games the past couple years is utterly embarrassing and does NOTHING for the team.

wearethehibs
25-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Aw the song police are oot

Holmesdale Hibs
25-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Be interesting to see how many folk come on here hiding behind the 'aw the song police are oot' or 'political correctness gone mad' shields.

Paedo songs being sung by Hibees loudly at Hearts games and other games the past couple years is utterly embarrassing and does NOTHING for the team.

I agree with both points but the second is a lot more important. we should be doing everything we can to support Hibs. The peodos left ages ago so it's time we moved on.

silverhibee
25-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Tell all the Hertz you know" :singing: :greengrin

Jonnyboy
25-04-2012, 10:17 PM
IMO the Peado songs have run their course and the last game at *********** was cringeworthy. We hardly sang one hibs song as most of them were Peado/sex offender related. I would hate for us to sing anything other than hibs songs at hampden. This is our day, let's not make it about them.

I agree 100% and in an ideal world those songs wouldn't be sung but sadly we don't live in an ideal world. Our own 12th man/singing section/section43 guys and gals will refrain from it I'm pretty sure but there will be significant numbers of fuelled up Hibbies giving it laldy and I'm not sure what anyone can do to stop them? Ideally, if any of us hear that sort of stuff we should counter it by starting a Hibs song.

Hibercelona
25-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Lets make the final "Hibs" highlight. Singing about peados/beasts or even Hearts should be totally out of the question.

Are you going there to support hibs? Or to give the opposition a reason to get more fired up?

Hibernia&Alba
25-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Totally agree. Let's make the final an occasion for the positive backing of Hibs. Nonsense about the abuse of children makes me very uncomfortable, and bear in mind there will be lots of families at Hampden. We don't want kids hearing that kind of stuff.

Mary Hinge
25-04-2012, 10:30 PM

They've been protecting him in Lithuania, but he'll be back soon.

Kenny1875
25-04-2012, 11:28 PM
That song is boring as **** now. I don't mind if it's sung in the 90th min when we are 3-0 up though :wink:

Littlest Hobo
25-04-2012, 11:28 PM
I AGREE BUT........If i hear "all the hibees are gayyyyyyyy" just once:greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
25-04-2012, 11:37 PM
I sung it purely to wind up the Jambos last time at Swiney but the 19th of May must be 100% about Hibs. They don't matter and may as well not turn up, it will be our day :flag:

KWJ
25-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Agree.

Of course they'll sing all the hibees are gay. It's childish as well as illegal. Let them.

Glory Glory to the Hibees. :flag:

GORDONSMITH7
26-04-2012, 12:00 AM
I'll be sitting with my two 7 (yes lucky 7) year old grandkids with their Dads, just as I was at Hampden with my Dad in 1958, though I would have been on his shooders. They don't need to hear this ****.

BIG G

St Patrick's A Progressive Branch

hibsbollah
26-04-2012, 05:49 AM
I'll be sitting with my two 7 (yes lucky 7) year old grandkids with their Dads, just as I was at Hampden with my Dad in 1958, though I would have been on his shooders. They don't need to hear this ****.

BIG G

St Patrick's A Progressive Branch

I'll be there with my eight yo daughter and I really dont want to have to explain to her what a 'paedo' is on potentially our biggest day out ever.

SouthamptonHibs
26-04-2012, 05:56 AM
Hibs fans sing what you want! Cup final v Hearts all songs are welcomewhen we play that mob! I for one will be singing every song over the course of the game. By the way my three favourite Hibs songs are GGTTH' Forever and Ever and Turnbulls Tornadoes. Hail Hail

Elephant Stone
26-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Hibs fans sing what you want! Cup final v Hearts all songs are welcomewhen we play that mob! I for one will be singing every song over the course of the game. By the way my three favourite Hibs songs are GGTTH' Forever and Ever and Turnbulls Tornadoes. Hail Hail

Oh you rascal.

happiehibbie
26-04-2012, 10:13 AM
When the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup hertz where there

Steve-O
26-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Paedo song folk whits gaun on :agree:

Cabbage East
26-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Can you possibly write a list of songs you are allowing us to sing? Thanks.

Hibernia&Alba
26-04-2012, 10:41 AM

Nobody is forcing anybody to conform to anything. The OP is merely making a reasonable request. It's then a matter for the individual and his conscience.

LancashireHibby
26-04-2012, 10:46 AM
I will happily admit that I joined in with the paedo songs at Tynie early in the season, but I completely agree that the final should be entirely pro-Hibs. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if a few try to start such songs but the only way to stop that is to just avoid joining in, as was the case in the semi when a few tried the 'music man' chant but no bugger joined in and it quickly died down.

Shrekko
26-04-2012, 10:47 AM

You sound a bit offended that some fans don't want to hear songs about paedos on Cup Final day.

At the end of the day, if you want to sing songs with lines like 'I play with children' then nobody can stop you. Folk are just saying they'd prefer not to hear them, that's all. Totally your choice.

Keith_M
26-04-2012, 10:52 AM

The OP already has done. Songs in support of Hibs and not cheap shots about sickos that aren't at Hearts anymore anyway.

See, it's not that complicated.

Hibercelona
26-04-2012, 11:39 AM

How about every song about Hibs?

Why sing about anything else? What else matters?

allezsauzee
26-04-2012, 11:44 AM
I don't understand why we actually have to resort to songs about Thomson or Mercer to be honest as we have an extensive back catalogue of songs to sing. We should go through them all. Songs about Le God, Mickey Weir, Rob Jones, Turnbulls Tornadoes and Super Joe Tortolano should all get an airing on this historic occasion

26-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Lets make the final "Hibs" highlight. Singing about peados/beasts or even Hearts should be totally out of the question.

Are you going there to support hibs? Or to give the opposition a reason to get more fired up?

Totally agree. What is going to inspire and lift our players more? songs about hibs? or songs about peados? I think the answer is pretty obvious.

The peado song was quite funny at the very start, when Thomson was actually at hearts because it really wound him up, but its too far now and just embarrassing TBH.

The music man tune is quite catchy but if we could possibly change it to something about hibs or one of our players instead of about some sick sex offender then it would be good!

erin-go-bragh87
26-04-2012, 12:30 PM
How about every song about Hibs?

Why sing about anything else? What else matters?

Exactly, as I said this is OUR day, granted its a derby but lets make as much pro-hibs noise as possible and forget that joke of a team are even there.

ano hibby
26-04-2012, 12:46 PM
I completely agree with the OP. :agree:
I resolved not to go back to Tynie after the embaressment of those songs and having to explain to my son what/why etc.. Not starting a fight just a personal choice:greengrin

..however then we drew them in the cup final and when we win i'll be desparate to go to first derby of next season:greengrin

silverhibee
26-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Nobody is forcing anybody to conform to anything. The OP is merely making a reasonable request. It's then a matter for the individual and his conscience.

Yep, and everyone on here who is writing on this thread right now will not be pished out there head, :agree:, but on the 19th May most fans will be well fuelled with the bevvy and other things, this is the biggest Derby between Hibs and hertz ever, our biggest rivals and we are playing them at Hampden in the SCF, this will not be a family friendly final the yams will make sure of that and we will respond with paedo/mercer songs, not saying it is right but that's what i think will happen.

But please come on its the yams we are playing, the enemy, the dirty rotten yams, when has a Hibs Hearts derby ever been seen as a family occasion, never, and that will continue on May the 19th, its only at a different ground, still the same fans will turn up and sing the same songs they normally do. imo

If you are easily offended(not directed at you) then probably not the best place to be on the 19th of May. :agree:

silverhibee
26-04-2012, 01:30 PM
The OP already has done. Songs in support of Hibs and not cheap shots about sickos that aren't at Hearts anymore anyway.

See, it's not that complicated.

You never know he may be sitting up in the main stand at the final. :wink:

silverhibee
26-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Totally agree. What is going to inspire and lift our players more? songs about hibs? or songs about peados? I think the answer is pretty obvious.

The peado song was quite funny at the very start, when Thomson was actually at hearts because it really wound him up, but its too far now and just embarrassing TBH.

The music man tune is quite catchy but if we could possibly change it to something about hibs or one of our players instead of about some sick sex offender then it would be good!

And do you not think they will be singing songs about big Gaz or Stacky or try and wind Sparky up with a song about him, yeah i know Stack is out but it won't stop them singing about him.

Hibercelona
26-04-2012, 01:44 PM
And do you not think they will be singing songs about big Gaz or Stacky or try and wind Sparky up with a song about him, yeah i know Stack is out but it won't stop them singing about him.

I say, let them sing about us.

If they are singing about us and we're singing about us, nobody will be singing about Hearts, which I think is the best thing that can happen.

hibsbollah
26-04-2012, 02:05 PM
If you are easily offended(not directed at you) then probably not the best place to be on the 19th of May. :agree:

So should Hibs restrict ticket sales only to over 18s? Should all young kids be restricted from going?

No offence, but thats nonsense.

The Tubs
26-04-2012, 02:17 PM
I don't understand why we actually have to resort to songs about Thomson or Mercer to be honest as we have an extensive back catalogue of songs to sing. We should go through them all. Songs about Le God, Mickey Weir, Rob Jones, Turnbulls Tornadoes and Super Joe Tortolano should all get an airing on this historic occasion

Agree 100%. I remember watching the last game played in front of the East Terracing on Hibs TV and thought this was very impressive.

silverhibee
26-04-2012, 02:22 PM
So should Hibs restrict ticket sales only to over 18s? Should all young kids be restricted from going?

No offence, but thats nonsense.

That's not what i said, i never mentioned anything about kids being restricted from going.

There will be a lot of vile/poisonous stuff sung/said at this game from both sets of fans, that's what i am saying, if people are easily offended then this may not be the right game for them to attend, its the yams we are playing in the final, if it was say ICT that we were playing then i would see that as a family final, but cant see our final with the yams on May 19th being described as anything but a family final.

If you think it is nonsense then fair play to you, but it is all about opinions on here and that's mine. :aok:

bighairyfaeleith
26-04-2012, 02:46 PM
agree it should be positive hibs songs on the day, however lets not kid ourselves about what will happen

marinello59
26-04-2012, 02:54 PM
agree it should be positive hibs songs on the day, however lets not kid ourselves about what will happen

Aye, doesn't make it right though. Unfortunately there will always be the cretinous element who actually revel in that type of pish. ''I'll sing songs about child abuse in front of innocent kids if I want to.'' :crazy:

hibsbollah
26-04-2012, 02:56 PM
That's not what i said, i never mentioned anything about kids being restricted from going.

There will be a lot of vile/poisonous stuff sung/said at this game from both sets of fans, that's what i am saying, if people are easily offended then this may not be the right game for them to attend, its the yams we are playing in the final, if it was say ICT that we were playing then i would see that as a family final, but cant see our final with the yams on May 19th being described as anything but a family final.

If you think it is nonsense then fair play to you, but it is all about opinions on here and that's mine. :aok:

Fair enough but the implication of that is folk will be excluded. By all means be mental as ****, but the paedo stuff just turns my stomach. It would do even if.i wasnt taking my wee lassie along.

GreenCastle
26-04-2012, 02:57 PM
When the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup hertz where there

:aok: :pray: :partyhibb

silverhibee
26-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Fair enough but the implication of that is folk will be excluded. By all means be mental as ****, but the paedo stuff just turns my stomach. It would do even if.i wasnt taking my wee lassie along.

The paedo song should be binned, we are in agreement on that, but we both know that it will be sung at some point no doubt about it, also along with the Mercer song which may get the biggest airing from Hibs fans on the day, right or wrong bollah these songs will be sung, just like the yams will sing there crap about us, it wont help that the majority of folk will be a little merry with the drinking time available that day, drink in brain oot. :greengrin

Kojock
26-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Heres one I heard before the last Hertz game. Cant see how this would offend anyone

Gary Locke
He wears a frock
Hes on his knees
Sooking Sergios c-:!

Hmmmm maybe not

Jonnyboy
26-04-2012, 06:37 PM

Who's the 'us' you are referring too?

heretoday
26-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Totally agree. Let's make the final an occasion for the positive backing of Hibs. Nonsense about the abuse of children makes me very uncomfortable, and bear in mind there will be lots of families at Hampden. We don't want kids hearing that kind of stuff.

Hear Hear. That sort of thing actually trivialises a serious subject.

It reduces child abuse to a meaningless jibe which doesn't hurt the intended target - the Hearts supporters - one iota and merely offends people who have no football connection whatsoever.

Big Frank
26-04-2012, 07:32 PM
:singing:

Since 1918.
Since 1918.

You've no' won a world war

Since 1918

:rockin::rockin::rockin:

Is the song to sing. :agree:

A few of these :giruy::giruy::giruy: aswell.

You're more than welcome to join me on the 19th

:hnet:

neilmartinrocks
26-04-2012, 07:43 PM

Since 1918.
Since 1918.

You've no' won a world war

Since 1918

:rockin::rockin::rockin:

Is the song to sing. :agree:

:hnet:
thats a cracker!!
:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
26-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Aye, doesn't make it right though. Unfortunately there will always be the cretinous element who actually revel in that type of pish. ''I'll sing songs about child abuse in front of innocent kids if I want to.'' :crazy:

no but unless something positive is done to stop it then it will carry on. This thread will do diddly squat IMO. However if the fans where to keep blocking these songs by launching counter positive songs the other fans would soon get the message.

Better to coax than berate in my experience.

Hibernia Na Eir
26-04-2012, 07:50 PM
does anyone REALLY believe the players actually hear such songs, considering only a minority sing them at a time?
every clubs supporters has their "daft" songs....let it be FFS!!

Shrekko
26-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Hear Hear. That sort of thing actually trivialises a serious subject.

It reduces child abuse to a meaningless jibe which doesn't hurt the intended target - the Hearts supporters - one iota and merely offends people who have no football connection whatsoever.

Nail on the head.

Do folk really think the average Hearts fan takes it personally when Hibs fans start singing songs about paedos? They were more outraged than anyone by Thomson. I reckon they'd be quite happy listening to folk wearing green and white gleefully singing a song like that to the tune of The Music Man. Ultimately- who does it reflect badly on, us or them?

heretoday
26-04-2012, 08:28 PM
It's probably been suggested before but how about singing the theme from Magnificent Seven at Hampden? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45KAjt7v4t4

A rousing anthem. Can be sung upbeat or as a durge depending on the result!

markom127
26-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Only at 3-0 up in the 89th minute will i sing it. I think everyone can agree on this no?

bawheid
26-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Only at 3-0 up in the 89th minute will i sing it. I think everyone can agree on this no?

So Hibs are 3-0 up in the 89th minute, about to lift the Scottish Cup for the first time in 110 years...

...and you'll be singing a song about paedophilia?

Ok then...