PDA

View Full Version : Card Display Update - DONATIONS Required

Chuck Rhoades
25-04-2012, 06:54 PM
We have surpassed £1,500 - £1,200 from filming and £300 from donations.

We are still short of our target to make Hampden a sea of green and white come 19 May.

We are in the process or creating our giant banners that, at the moment, are being self funded.

Hearts are making a giant surfer and buying some streamers - they have raised £3,700 in two days...

Surfer bound to be something to do with their 'special relationship' with the cup.

We will bring the sunshine from Leith to Hampden.

Your donations are important to make this a success.

Please dig deep and remember every little helps.

Thank you all for your suggestions, ideas, feedback and financial backing.

Donate via PayPal: hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk or PM for Bank Details. I will be at St Mirren on Sunday for cash donations.

We are the Hibs.

Chuck Rhoades
25-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Apologies, PayPal link now added.

lyonhibs
25-04-2012, 07:38 PM
10 sheckels flung your way.

GGTTH

Littlest Hobo
25-04-2012, 07:39 PM
I really hope this card display is 10X better than the last one. Don't get me wrong, it was a decent display but it was poor in relation to Aberdeen's display in my opinion.

I've been reading what Hearts are planning to do with the streamers and if I'm being honest that sounds brilliant compared to a card display.
Only saying likes:cb

Regards money for the display I think by contacting the club we could have given supporters an extra option to pay say £1 when buying tickets would have been the way to go or even have a collection bucket in the ticket office where fans could easily chuck a quid in.

I'll chuck a five spot your way, good luck with the display.

Mikey
25-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Done.

Good luck with it :aok:

Chuck Rhoades
25-04-2012, 07:42 PM
I really hope this card display is 10X better than the last one. Don't get me wrong, it was a decent display but it was poor in relation to Aberdeen's display in my opinion.

I've been reading what Hearts are planning to do with the streamers and if I'm being honest that sounds brilliant compared to a card display.
Only saying likes:cb

Regards money for the display I think by contacting the club we could have given supporters an extra option to pay say £1 when buying tickets would have been the way to go or even have a collection bucket in the ticket office where fans could easily chuck a quid in.

What throw streamers? Big deal, we done that at the Semi and have had 3 streamer displays at ER and one at Fir Park this season.

They are making a 30 x 20m flag with 'Blood doesn't show on a maroon shirt' - made by a flag making company.

Chuck Rhoades
25-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Done.

Good luck with it :aok:

Cheers:aok:

Chuck Rhoades
25-04-2012, 07:44 PM
10 sheckels flung your way.

GGTTH

And again, thank you!

Mikey
25-04-2012, 07:44 PM
They are making a 30 x 20m flag with 'Blood doesn't show on a maroon shirt' - made by a flag making company.

Either does *****, which is just as well.

blackpoolhibs
25-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Either does *****, which is just as well.

Or tears hopefully.

HH81
25-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I give Fraze 10 quid other day, posted I would donate on another thread. Cheers.

hibee6
25-04-2012, 07:49 PM
£20 comin your way.

GGTTH :flag:

Littlest Hobo
25-04-2012, 07:50 PM
What throw streamers? Big deal, we done that at the Semi and have had 3 streamer displays at ER and one at Fir Park this season.

You know what the best part of the display at the semi final was, when both sets of supporters scrunched up the paper and lobbed it across everyone's head. I watched the Aberdeen end, it looked brilliant.

I just think everysingle supporter throwing a steamer would look mad. I think their letting off smoke bombs too.

I suppose it's all about opinions eh, and since you guys have bothered to get up of your arse and do something then all I can do is sit back and applaud......oh and give my tuppence worth while I'm at it.:wink:

Good luck lads.:thumbsup:

ronaldo7
25-04-2012, 07:54 PM
You know what the best part of the display at the semi final was, when both sets of supporters scrunched up the paper and lobbed it across everyone's head. I watched the Aberdeen end, it looked brilliant.
I just think everysingle supporter throwing a steamer would look mad. I think their letting off smoke bombs too.

I suppose it's all about opinions eh, and since you guys have bothered to get up of your arse and do something then all I can do is sit back and applaud......oh and give my tuppence worth while I'm at it.:wink:

I noticed that too. If we could get our lads to all do it at the same time, we'd have the card show, and then the tossing bit:greengrin

lyonhibs
25-04-2012, 07:55 PM

It would look mad if everyone threw their streamer correctly and at the same time, but realistically that's not likely to happen. I can't wait to see what artwork is concocted this time, but what would be good - as well as a "statement" card display at the start would be for everyone, at least in a the North and/or East stand to have a wee flag like Chelsea do on Champions League nights.

These could then be waved in unison at half-time, after we score our 1st, 2nd and 3rd goals, at the end etc etc. Also, unlike streamers, you get more than 1 shot at using a flag.

Just my thoughts, but my donation came with no strings attached so looking forward to participating, come what may.

hibee_girl
25-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Donation sent, looking forward to seeing the display :agree:

Onceinawhile
25-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Will chuck some money over at payday. How much are you trying to raise??

Chuck Rhoades
25-04-2012, 08:10 PM

£2,500.

Pretty Boy
25-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Will fire over a donation on payday.

Did you ever hear back from the players about a donation?

Chuck Rhoades
25-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Will fire over a donation on payday.

Did you ever hear back from the players about a donation?

Tried contacting Stack - heard nothing. Don't know how else to contact them about from via the club who have already said they will have a 'word'.

Club going to organise a collection box for people collecting final tickets.

dp00
25-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Tried contacting Stack - heard nothing. Don't know how else to contact them about from via the club who have already said they will have a 'word'.

Twitter ???

murray , mcpake, wotherspoon, stephens and francomb all on there

hibee_girl
25-04-2012, 08:36 PM

I'd suggest contacting Murray or McPake on twitter

Pete
25-04-2012, 08:39 PM
"Blood doesn't show on a maroon shirt". What the hell is that supposed to mean?

If it's supposed to strike fear into the enemy then it's failed. It just sounds like a random fact or household tip.

"Vinegar takes wine stains out of carpets" would have been a better choice.

Chuck Rhoades
25-04-2012, 08:41 PM
If someone with Twitter can 'tweet' the following it would be appreciated. I don't use Twitter:-

Section 43 are putting on a 'Sunshine on Leith' card display for the final on the 19th. Specific image will not be provided to ensure the Yam mob don't get one over on us. In order to make this achieveable we need to rasie around £2500 to purchase 18,000 pieces of card along with 30m of material to paint our wording.

We raised £490 from fans for the SF display which went really well but we think we will struggle with the funds for this display.

Would it be possible to ask the lads around training if they would be interested in contributing towards this? If this is something you do not want to be involved in then I appreciate that decision. Donations could be made personally to Garry O'Hagan, as we will be meeting with her again to discuss our display plans before the 19th.

Again, I understand if this is not something you want to be involved in but any help would be really appreciated. Hopefully the squad would be willing to chip in a couple of quid each to allow us to paint Hampden with a see of green.

We are independant from the club, so need to try raise all of our funds ourself. In hindsight, a lot of the banners and flags you see at the home games would not have been made had we known we would get this far in the Cup, as the funds would have been kept.

DC_Hibs
25-04-2012, 08:46 PM
I'd hope a good deal more people will contribute even a fiver if possible as from what I can make out, there's still very little been raised from people outwith the S43 group.

These boys are putting in *****loads of effort so its time to start backing them and I'm convinced that our players will get a boost from this which will be a good deal better than the first attempt providing all the fans play their part....and are in their seats for kick off.

Hearts raising so much in so little time will hopefully spur people into action and having three methods for payment makes it easy also. The Gorgie trumpets will struggle to achieve much with even five grand and we all know they are going to look like (even bigger) set of cocks at the end of the game anyway.

Ross - it's time for you to step up to the plate Geldof style
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezzmrxXh0oQ

for the record my Euro donation is already in.

Loopz
25-04-2012, 08:47 PM
£10 sent, good effort guys (and girls if there are any).

frazeHFC
25-04-2012, 08:48 PM
I have tweeted to Murray, McPake and Wotherspoon. Couldn't say all that in one tweet so have linked them to the post.

Monts
25-04-2012, 08:49 PM
If someone with Twitter can 'tweet' the following it would be appreciated. I don't use Twitter:-

Section 43 are putting on a 'Sunshine on Leith' card display for the final on the 19th. Specific image will not be provided to ensure the Yam mob don't get one over on us. In order to make this achieveable we need to rasie around £2500 to purchase 18,000 pieces of card along with 30m of material to paint our wording.

We raised £490 from fans for the SF display which went really well but we think we will struggle with the funds for this display.

Would it be possible to ask the lads around training if they would be interested in contributing towards this? If this is something you do not want to be involved in then I appreciate that decision. Donations could be made personally to Garry O'Hagan, as we will be meeting with her again to discuss our display plans before the 19th.

Again, I understand if this is not something you want to be involved in but any help would be really appreciated. Hopefully the squad would be willing to chip in a couple of quid each to allow us to paint Hampden with a see of green.

We are independant from the club, so need to try raise all of our funds ourself. In hindsight, a lot of the banners and flags you see at the home games would not have been made had we known we would get this far in the Cup, as the funds would have been kept.

You only get 140 characters on twitter.

oconnors_strip
25-04-2012, 08:49 PM

think gary o'hagan is a man:greengrin

thats a bit long for a tweet as you only get so many characters, but good appeal. maybe send the link to this thread to them?

ronaldo7
25-04-2012, 08:51 PM

Might want to change that just incase Geraldine gets to hear about it:wink:

Chuck Rhoades
25-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Geraldine O'Hagan:greengrin

tonyhib7
25-04-2012, 08:56 PM
It takes a lot of effort and time for what you and your colleagues achieved at Hampden THANKS. Can't wait to see what you have planned for the final. Donation on the way.:flag:

Onceinawhile
25-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Have attempted to tweet mcpake!

Mikey
25-04-2012, 09:02 PM
This thread has been Tweeted to followers of hibs.net.

Www1875hfc
25-04-2012, 09:03 PM
This is what the Kiddy Fiddlers are planning.

With always in our shadow FTH!!!!!!!

Onceinawhile
25-04-2012, 09:04 PM
And Ian Murray. Both captains so fingers crossed.

Hibees07
25-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Donation made. Good luck!

CallumLaidlaw
25-04-2012, 09:13 PM
I've made a donation. And I've tweeted Andy Murray, Grant Stott, Gordon Smart, Peter Cormack, Admiral Fallow, Calum Antell, The proclaimers, and asked them to share details

Viva_Palmeiras
25-04-2012, 09:30 PM
10 spot sent good luck lads

silverhibee
25-04-2012, 10:00 PM
I'd suggest contacting Murray or McPake on twitter

:agree:

silverhibee
25-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Gave Fraz £20 at the game on Sunday.

C'MON FOLK DIG DEEP TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN ON THE DAY.

:flag::pfgwa:hibees:flag::pfgwa:hibees:flag::pfgwa :hibees:hnet:

GreenCastle
25-04-2012, 10:29 PM
"Blood doesn't show on a maroon shirt". What the hell is that supposed to mean?

If it's supposed to strike fear into the enemy then it's failed. It just sounds like a random fact or household tip.

"Vinegar takes wine stains out of carpets" would have been a better choice.

:faf:

Blood doesn't show on a maroon shirt - is that the best they could come up with :giruy::lolyam:

Jonnyboy
25-04-2012, 10:31 PM
I noticed that too. If we could get our lads to all do it at the same time, we'd have the card show, and then the tossing bit:greengrin

The Jambos will do it better Ronnie. After all, they're ALL tossers :wink:

Hibbyradge
25-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Done.

Edit: it didn't send.

I'll sort it in the morning.

Littlest Hobo
25-04-2012, 11:14 PM
I think both teams will do Edinburgh proud with their displays before K.O

Obviously one is trying to out do the other.

Quite like the pics on the Hearts flag, although I'm not too sure about the words if I'm being honest. "Blood doesn't show on a maroon shirt" WTF?

As for us forever being in their shadow, well that's just ****ing laughable.

How many trophies ya deluded bunch of knuckle dragging yams? In my lifetime you've won two......:not worth:faf::faf:

Not that we like to go on about it but Hibs have won 3 in my lifetime.

Sort of makes their forever in their shadow statement look weak, to say the very ****ing least:giruy:

givescotlandfreedom
25-04-2012, 11:49 PM

Neither do skid marks thankfully

1two
25-04-2012, 11:58 PM
What's the target Ross?

frazeHFC
26-04-2012, 12:18 AM
What's the target Ross?

£2,500.

:wink:

cabbageandribs1875
26-04-2012, 12:33 AM

it would be quite difficult to spot excrement as well, as for shadows ?? wtf they on about

p.s. donation on way on payday ;)

QMU-1875
26-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Will get 30 donated on pay day hopefully have a class display, should definatly try get some flares on the go aswell! Speaking of which how hard are these to get into games?

MSK
26-04-2012, 05:43 AM
Will get 30 donated on pay day hopefully have a class display, should definatly try get some flares on the go aswell! Speaking of which how hard are these to get into games?I got into the 1979 scottish cup final wi flares ...:embarrass

bruno
26-04-2012, 07:15 AM
:faf:

Blood doesn't show on a maroon shirt - is that the best they could come up with :giruy::lolyam:

I think both supports should be commended for making the effort to further enhance the splendid unforgettable day that the 19th will be.

The actual quote is famous from our most decorated player and cap winning captain John Cumming.

With blood streaming from a headknock in the 56 cup final he grabbed a sponge wiped it away and returned to action. Nothing heroic as it was typical of many players from that era. Men who were proud to represent their club with honour dignity and pride. I met him once and he was a charming humble man. Again a trait that he was not alone in having amongst players from all clubs of that era.

The quote was made by him in a book so does have historical significance rather than a childish wind up.

For those that are brave enough to click on Hearts website click below for a brief tribute.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20081211/blood-doesnt-show-on-a-maroon-jersey_2241384_1482705

1two
26-04-2012, 08:15 AM

Can anyone photoshop and change blood for *****

jonty
26-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Can anyone photoshop and change blood for *****

:dunno:

lyonhibs
26-04-2012, 08:45 AM
I think both supports should be commended for making the effort to further enhance the splendid unforgettable day that the 19th will be.

The actual quote is famous from our most decorated player and cap winning captain John Cumming.

With blood streaming from a headknock in the 56 cup final he grabbed a sponge wiped it away and returned to action. Nothing heroic as it was typical of many players from that era. Men who were proud to represent their club with honour dignity and pride. I met him once and he was a charming humble man. Again a trait that he was not alone in having amongst players from all clubs of that era.

The quote was made by him in a book so does have historical significance rather than a childish wind up.

For those that are brave enough to click on Hearts website click below for a brief tribute.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20081211/blood-doesnt-show-on-a-maroon-jersey_2241384_1482705

Except that, as per your link (no problem with looking at the Hearts website for articles that have been written by someone who can do joined-up writing, a rarer and rarer occurence these days), it's not:

"Seven words that summed up the man. Not his words - he was far too modest - but words that said everything about a true Hearts great."

Anyway, I digress. I agree both sets of fans are making a great effort to turn this day into a colourful, OF free spectacle. Let's just hope the bampots in each support don't make tits of themselves either before, during or after the game, or at least if they must, do it in a quarry or sewage treatment plant somewhere.

Oh, and obviously a resounding Hibs victory :aok:

GGTTH

Chuck Rhoades
26-04-2012, 08:47 AM
We are nearly at the £2k mark now - thanks for all the donations guys!

Hibs have been in contact, we may have some news to follow...

jonty
26-04-2012, 08:48 AM

:thumbsup:

down-the-slope
26-04-2012, 08:59 AM

Ross - any confirmation by the club of turnstile collection at Dunfy match / buckets at CF ticket collection points :confused:

Also whats the Plan B if the target is significantly exceeeded dancing girls / Fraze entering Hampden in a green handglider / 'Good Things Come to Those Who Wait' banner....:greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
26-04-2012, 09:02 AM

:dunno:

:greengrin

LancashireHibby
26-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Tenner sent.

Chuck Rhoades
26-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Ross - any confirmation by the club of turnstile collection at Dunfy match / buckets at CF ticket collection points :confused:

Also whats the Plan B if the target is significantly exceeeded dancing girls / Fraze entering Hampden in a green handglider / 'Good Things Come to Those Who Wait' banner....:greengrin

We will try out best to use all donations on display first, then use £1,200 for funding. We won't be buying stuff we don't need but would ensure this goes to good use for next season!

norhfc
26-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Well done to those involved,donation already sent....flight booked....mums couch booked....now just for a bloody match ticket :rolleyes:

WHAM
26-04-2012, 10:24 AM
20 notes sent.

GGTTH:flag:

Littlest Hobo
26-04-2012, 10:28 AM
I've heard that their hero Rudi....Rudi....Rudi has donated a large chunk of cash towards their display.

Would explain why they have collected so much more than us.

Chuck Rhoades
26-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Pitty none of our players wish to do the same.

LancashireHibby
26-04-2012, 10:39 AM
In fairness I think it would be good if ours is entirely donated by fans, rather than having to go begging the players like the Yams have. Maybe Vlad has taken it straight from their wages before he pays them? Oh, hang on.... :wink:

Littlest Hobo
26-04-2012, 11:05 AM

Have they been asked officially??

I find it hard to believe that the players won't have a collection amongst themselves for this. Actually I'd be disgusted to find out that they had refused.

Enough of this bull**** that it would be better to come from the fans only. Money is money, the more we collect the better the display is likely to be. You would think one of the players would take it upon themselves to organise a whip round, after all this will pay for a little peice of history.:flag:

GreenCastle
26-04-2012, 11:17 AM

Fair enough for the explanation - I didn't know the significance to the 56 game.

I do agree it's good for Scottish Football that like our semi final both sets of fans are doing something in the final to show that there is passion outside the Old Firm.

Personally I think maroon is the most ugly colour around and I am sure I am not alone on here to say that :wink::greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
26-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Have they been asked officially??

I find it hard to believe that the players won't have a collection amongst themselves for this. Actually I'd be disgusted to find out that they had refused.

Enough of this bull**** that it would be better to come from the fans only. Money is money, the more we collect the better the display is likely to be. You would think one of the players would take it upon themselves to organise a whip round, after all this will pay for a little peice of history.:flag:

Club haven't bothered to ask them.

We have tried contacting most of the squad via social networking and have no replies.

Ross4356
26-04-2012, 11:21 AM

That is just poor, theirs will look rubbish and the stuff being underneath them as the players are coming out.

I do like a wee smoke bomb but wouldn't want to get caught with it on the way in as i'm sure you would get a knock back. You can get them here

http://www.airsoftworld.net/enola-gaye-ring-pull-coloured-smoke-grenade-green.html

Chuck Rhoades
26-04-2012, 11:28 AM
That is just poor, theirs will look rubbish and the stuff being underneath them as the players are coming out.

I do like a wee smoke bomb but wouldn't want to get caught with it on the way in as i'm sure you would get a knock back. You can get them here

http://www.airsoftworld.net/enola-gaye-ring-pull-coloured-smoke-grenade-green.html

Don't think anyone will risk trying to take anything like that into the ground and face not getting in. Anyone caught with a SB will be arrested.

Time and a place... probably not the final!

Gatecrasher
26-04-2012, 11:28 AM
careful with the smoke bombs folks

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/303665-police-investigate-after-smoke-bombs-at-glasgow-cup-final/

Viva_Palmeiras
26-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Let's avoid turning this into anything other than the supporter-led initiative that it is.
Certainly not benchmark ourselves against them their approach and fund raising.
I think there has been glimpses of a coming together of the fans and team - particularly at the semi - let's build on that.

Que sera sera!

All credit to the lads and lasses devoting their time effort and money to this. Anything else a bonus rather than expectation.

hibee_girl
26-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Club haven't bothered to ask them.

We have tried contacting most of the squad via social networking and have no replies.

Hand a letter into reception addressed to one of them

26-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Think the smoke bombs look great but last time the hearts fans did it at tynie against us, it almost choked a wee boy and his dad had to lift him over the barrier to get away from it. Wouldn't like the same to happen again in either set of supporters.

Well done though on organising another display and adding to what will be a fantastic occassion, i'll be more than happy to make a contribution!

:flag:

Onceinawhile
26-04-2012, 12:24 PM
I got a reply from Ian Murray, basically saying possibly mate hibs.net not the players arent fans of tho.

However it now seems to have disappeared from twitter entirely. In fact I had to double check my emails to verify that it did happen.

Bizarre.

At The Edge
26-04-2012, 12:43 PM
I got a reply from Ian Murray, basically saying possibly mate hibs.net not the players arent fans of tho.

However it now seems to have disappeared from twitter entirely. In fact I had to double check my emails to verify that it did happen.

Bizarre.

has Ian Murray become Yoda:greengrin

Hibs90
26-04-2012, 12:44 PM

What?

Hibercelona
26-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Why should the players chip in anyway? I'd rather they chipped in with a few goals on final day instead!

We shouldn't need any additional funding anyway. If every fan would just donate £1, we could put a magnificent display together.

Onceinawhile
26-04-2012, 12:47 PM
What?

Thats what I thought. But that was the exact wording.

.SeventyFive
26-04-2012, 12:53 PM
£15 bucks coming your way - goodluck!

Sean1875
26-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Sent a few quid, moneys quite tight just now but done what I can :aok:

Chuck Rhoades
26-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks to all. Hopefully news to announce soon which will mean no further donations are required. Will keep you all posted.

ShanksSaidNo
26-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Well done to those involved,donation already sent....flight booked....mums couch booked....now just for a bloody match ticket :rolleyes:

Blood doesnt show on a match ticket

silverhibee
26-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Don't think anyone will risk trying to take anything like that into the ground and face not getting in. Anyone caught with a SB will be arrested.

Time and a place... probably not the final!

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:g reengrin

silverhibee
26-04-2012, 02:03 PM
careful with the smoke bombs folks

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/303665-police-investigate-after-smoke-bombs-at-glasgow-cup-final/

Looks good though. :offski::greengrin

frazeHFC
26-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Regarding Murrays tweet, it doesn't surprise me that the players dislike .net with all the negative posts about them down the years. However the display is for Hibs as a whole, its not like they are donating to hibs.net.

:faf: :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
26-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Regarding Murrays tweet, it doesn't surprise me that the players dislike .net with all the negative posts about them down the years. However the display is for Hibs as a whole, its not like they are donating to hibs.net.

:faf: :thumbsup:

Hibs.net isnt one voice as far as I'm aware.

Any opinions are that of the individual and the site has no set in stone opinions on the players, club etc. Indeed the admins on here are probably some of the least critical and any unfounded rants are usually challenged.

As you say this is for all Hibs fans not just Hibs.net so seems a strange 'excuse' from the players. Unless Rods doing a Vlad and they can't afford a fiver each.

Sean1875
26-04-2012, 02:59 PM
I've heard that their hero Rudi....Rudi....Rudi has donated a large chunk of cash towards their display.

Would explain why they have collected so much more than us.

This is not true.

PONGO
26-04-2012, 03:01 PM
£20 sent guys . Keep up the good work

007 Mickey Weir
26-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Some oversea's fan that owns a bar donated £1000! That's mad. He would be better buying some season tickets and giving them away if he wants to help the club.

So they will throw streamers and do the twirly. Two things don't go together. Lots of streamers entangled in brown and white scarfs!

Chuck Rhoades
26-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Some oversea's fan that owns a bar donated £1000! That's mad. He would be better buying some season tickets and giving them away if he wants to help the club.

So they will throw streamers and do the twirly. Two things don't go together. Lots of streamers entangled in brown and white scarfs!

Don't worry about them and their one surfer and streamers, we certainly aren't:aok:

Chuck Rhoades
26-04-2012, 03:54 PM
MASSIVE THANK YOU to all those who donated. We have reached our initial target of £2,000.

We learnt of news today that the club will also be shouldering part of the display. Details will be announced next week.

Time to start getting excited.

Thanks again, we couldn't do it without your generosity

Any donations from now will help displays next season as we have LOADS planned for it!

Hibs90
26-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Well done to all involved, looking forward to it!

Ross4356
26-04-2012, 04:04 PM
MASSIVE THANK YOU to all those who donated. We have reached our initial target of £2,000.

We learnt of news today that the club will also be shouldering part of the display. Details will be announced next week.

Any donations from now will help displays next season as we have LOADS planned for it!

Did u not say on a previous post it was £2,500? Anyways great news and I'm sure you's will come up with some amazing

GreenCastle
26-04-2012, 04:13 PM

Well done :top marks

Maybe an idea to have a message on a large piece of material to be held up at the front of the stand - looked good when Aberdeen did this and stretched out with a bold clear message for all to see.

Any plans to get the large flags into the ground and have them laid out behind the goals ? I am sure there will be more flags than usual and the more green and white the better :aok:

At The Edge
26-04-2012, 04:52 PM

Maybe an idea to have a message on a large piece of material to be held up at the front of the stand - looked good when Aberdeen did this and stretched out with a bold clear message for all to see.

Any plans to get the large flags into the ground and have them laid out behind the goals ? I am sure there will be more flags than usual and the more green and white the better :aok:

We won't have any space this time to lay out flags i.e dot net, bounce etc etc, however smaller flags can be laid around the front of the stands on the small wall/fence

MSK
26-04-2012, 04:57 PM
We won't have any space this time to lay out flags i.e dot net, bounce etc etc, however smaller flags can be laid around the front of the stands on the small wall/fenceThink he mibbie means the running track thingy behind the goals ...would be great to see the .net flag there ...:agree:

At The Edge
26-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Think he mibbie means the running track thingy behind the goals ...would be great to see the .net flag there ...:agree:

that depends on the owners allowing it to be laid directly onto the ground, if its wet or damp it could possibly ruin the flag and it cost a few pennies!:greengrin

plus the owners have to get it there and back again, its not light and if we win the cup, humfing a giant flag will be the last thing on their mind.:greengrin

MSK
26-04-2012, 05:12 PM
that depends on the owners allowing it to be laid directly onto the ground, if its wet or damp it could possibly ruin the flag and it cost a few pennies!:greengrin

plus the owners have to get it there and back again, its not light and if we win the cup, humfing a giant flag will be the last thing on their mind.:greengrinAh ..you have met the .net flag ...:greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
26-04-2012, 05:13 PM

All large flags should be placed at the bottom of the stand on the ropes.

Pete
27-04-2012, 03:47 AM

That explains where it comes from...but it still makes absolutely no sense.

FWIW I hope you lot do include the derogatory comments about us on your flag. It will once again demonstrate your obsession with Hibernian football club...and you've spent thousands in the process!

El Gubbz
27-04-2012, 09:13 AM

Always hated that I share the same second name as a hearts "legend". One things for sure. None of my children will ever be called John

frazeHFC
28-04-2012, 11:46 PM
-

hibsboy90
28-04-2012, 11:59 PM
I was really impressed with the display at the the semi. If anything the dons one looked clearer as the red backround and the white picture were seperate by a thin black line to give definition.

I'm sure the display will look amazing regardless.

007 Mickey Weir
30-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Guys 12thman/section43 have hit initial target but looking to get more donations to make it even better. Dig deep if u can!!! Even just a few quid. GGTTH

linlithgowhibbie
01-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Can I drop u something at the Dunfy match? Usually sit 5 or 6 rows ahead of you:pfgwa

Chuck Rhoades
01-05-2012, 08:49 AM
I will be in CC/172 collecting donations before the match/half time.

Pop up if you wish to pay cash.

Can accept via paypal/bank transfer to.

Nelly070
01-05-2012, 10:56 AM
I will be in CC/172 collecting donations before the match/half time.

Pop up if you wish to pay cash.

Can accept via paypal/bank transfer to.

Further up the thread you mentioned that the club are helping with the display and details would come out this week.
Are you able to tell us what is planned yet ?

Chuck Rhoades
01-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Further up the thread you mentioned that the club are helping with the display and details would come out this week.
Are you able to tell us what is planned yet ?

No specifics will be given. I have another meeting with the club tonight. Don't want the Yam mob knowing what we're doing. We are hoping people appreciate this and trust that we will pull this off.

Nelly070
01-05-2012, 11:24 AM
No specifics will be given. I have another meeting with the club tonight. Don't want the Yam mob knowing what we're doing. We are hoping people appreciate this and trust that we will pull this off.

Thats fine mate and fully understand. just thought it had gone a bit quiet on the subject and was concerned the clubs contribution had fallen through.

Chuck Rhoades
01-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Thats fine mate and fully understand. just thought it had gone a bit quiet on the subject and was concerned the clubs contribution had fallen through.

Everything is in place:aok: